Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

AIB requiring a card reader to set up a new recipient. I'm in Limerick, card reader is in my apartment in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

AIB requiring a card reader to set up a new recipient. I'm in Limerick, card reader is in my apartment in London.

Yet again, Limerick proves to be a problem!

any chance they also have a mobile app that lets you text contacts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »
    I also hate people who use their knife to "help" the food onto the fork :mad:

Some people just want to watch the world burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

People who won't stop spamming about the referendum on facebook and twitter looking for a virtual pat on the back for doing the right thing. Its not all about you. I'll be voting yes but I won't be telling everyone about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

People who luck their knife when eating. Just turns my stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

foggy wrote: »

What does that involve...? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Needing to use my PIN when I'm paying in cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

What does that involve...? :P

Sorry lick.. The other is a whole other bag of tricks;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when someone clearly has a problem with you, they calmly deny anything is wrong and walk away in a hurry, then you hear them bitching about you to someone else

not getting any sauces or napkins in your mcdonalds, and feeling scabby asking for them. burger king and KFC always lash tons of them in no bother.

when you were a kid and hiding in your room so you wouldn't have to talk to some visitors or estranged relatives, and your ma would blow your cover and purposely make it difficult for you, calling you down and making a scene if you didn't.

people hoovering when you're trying to sleep. loud telly in the morning when trying to sleep.

any type of lively social interaction in the morning.

not being able to hear people on the phone when out walking near traffic and cars shooting by. accidently missing calls cause the sun is blinding the phone screen and you cant find any shade to see the answer button.

constant bombardment of babies on faecesbook. the new father holding the baby with a big cheesy grin on his face, saying how proud he is, 8 pounds 65 ounces, the mother welcoming ''me lil angle'' to the world, you get the idea.... seeing this 20 times over kinda desensitises you to the whole thing where you almost resent it rather than welcome it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

foggy wrote: »

Maybe stop looking at other people eating then, problem solved.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Not as bad as the guy in the downtrodden chipper we ended up in who cleaned his manky nails with his fork then proceeded to chow down on his grub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

major bill wrote: »
    also what is the deal with Radio stations all reading the news at the same time????? ive a 10 min drive to most destinations and to work, i wanna hear music, i dont want to have to spend most of the drive trying to find a station that isnt reading the fooking news :mad:

Oh that drives me demented too. Why do they all have to read the news at the top of the hour? It'd be great if some of them did it on the half hour. That way, you could switch back and forth between them, if you didn't want to have to listen to the effing news, that you have already heard 10 times already.

Following on from the 24hr/not 24hr pharmacy thing, it really pisses me off when pubs have signs up that say that they serve food all day, or from 12-9, inferring that you can always get something to eat between those hours. But if you go into them out side of the typical lunch or dinner time hours, they'll tell you that the cook doesn't come back on duty until 5pm, or the kitchen is closed 'till 6, or some such malarkey.

Pubs down the country are bloody terrible for doing that. If you stop serving food from 2-6pm, as there is no demand for it, that's fine. I get it. But at least take the bloody sign in from the car park or window, that says, "Serves food ALL day" and stop wasting my time ! :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who lean their heads in when eating from a fork.
    Bring the fork TO you, ffs!

I also hate people who use their knife to "help" the food onto the fork :mad:

Lmao :pac: Is that not one of the knife's primary functions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Mint Aero wrote: »
    What's the 5th, 8th and 11th letters of your password if you were viewing them upside down through the convex side of a silver spoon in a mirror? Come on now, chop chop, we're timing you.

This post had me in pain laughing! :D:D

The past 24 hours' worth of posts in this thread have been exceptional! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

When someone's username stretches out the box on your main page so all the rest of the boxes are small in comparison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Stoned Since 2011

a box should be small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

People who won't stop spamming about the referendum on facebook and twitter looking for a virtual pat on the back for doing the right thing. Its not all about you. I'll be voting yes but I won't be telling everyone about it.

I'm sorry, just I'm not sure if this was meant to be ironic? :D

*pats csi on the back for doing the right thing*

/runs away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

I'm sorry, just I'm not sure if this was meant to be ironic? :D

*pats csi on the back for doing the right thing*

/runs away :pac:

Haha wasn't meant to be :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Beards. When will this fascination/obsession with ridiculous beards end? For the most part the majority of guys I see with beards look like fcukwits. The beard has to be in the top 5 least attractive things a man can wear. I can't bear to look at them anymore. I had to turn off Sky News because that fcukwit Rufus whatever the hell his name is, was on and had the most stupid looking handlebar mustache combined with a stupid bushy beard. Dear Jesus, please let the beard trend end.

I really don't understand why so many men want to imitate celebrities, it's like cloning at this point and shows a distinct lack of personality/individual style and is pathetic. Wearing a bad suit and sporting a bushy beard does not make you Conor whoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dear Jesus, please let the beard trend end.

The irony :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The beard has to be in the top 5 least attractive things a man can wear.

What are the other 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Stopped at traffic-lights I see a spider working his way down to my left; inside the window.
    I open the window whilst watching the lights.
    Just as I've caught the top of the web ; the spider starts swaying ; the lights go green and the spider drops .... inside my car.
    #Damn him!

Still, it's not even 9am so can only get better :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

What are the other 4?

Tracksuit when you're not going to the gym would be one anyway.
    Tats & earrings would be up there too.

The fashion beard thing is crap alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

People on twitter that have locked their account (fair enough if it's to stop bots following them or they were getting abuse), I'm referring to "normal" folk who have a couple of dozen followers. If you're going to block your account what's the point of then using hashtags? Am I right in thinking that they won't show in the collection of tweets also using that hashtag?

Using hashtags outside of Twitter.

Liking your own post on FB.
    http://funcake.org/media/catalog/products/9/big/fc59624a18663b8d4d2.jpg

"A plug-in (Shock Wave) isn't responding"

#feckoff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Beards. When will this fascination/obsession with ridiculous beards end? For the most part the majority of guys I see with beards look like fcukwits. The beard has to be in the top 5 least attractive things a man can wear. I can't bear to look at them anymore. I had to turn off Sky News because that fcukwit Rufus whatever the hell his name is, was on and had the most stupid looking handlebar mustache combined with a stupid bushy beard. Dear Jesus, please let the beard trend end.

I really don't understand why so many men want to imitate celebrities, it's like cloning at this point and shows a distinct lack of personality/individual style and is pathetic. Wearing a bad suit and sporting a bushy beard does not make you Conor whoever.

I feel sorry for the men who always had a beard, way before this trend started. Now they look some sort of ageing hipster.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the men who always had a beard, way before this trend started. Now they look some sort of ageing hipster.
    Like me.....althought the one benefit has been that when you go to the barbers, they'll throw in a beard trim for free.

Actually, my beard is annoying the sh*t out of me the past few days. I'll probably shave it off and start again this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

People out of the country telling you not to fcuk up the referendum. B1tch at least I'm voting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jester252 wrote: »
    People out of the country telling you not to fcuk up the referendum. B1tch at least I'm voting

Yeah, that is bugging me too. Definitely my annoyance of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The sight & sound of an Ambulance driving to a call-out!

A part of my Heart always sinks with dread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Work colleague just cornered me at the printer...

"I'm fighting a bug. It might be an allergy. I ate a biscuit earlier. I'm waiting to see a gastroenterologist."

... no "Hi, how are you" or anything like that.

Couldn't get away until my report was ready so I had to stand there and listen to a litany of complaints!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Work colleague just cornered me at the printer...

"I'm fighting a bug. It might be an allergy. I ate a biscuit earlier. I'm waiting to see a gastroenterologist."

Couldn't get away until my report was ready so I had to stand there and listen to a litany of complaints!!!! :(

The moaney bastard! Did he not hear about TTTAY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

In fairness, one of my best mates is a gay guy who lives abroad temporarily. He's been away since 2011, but he'll be back in the next couple of years to settle down. This is still his home, and it will have an effect on his future, so I think it's fair enough if he wants to do a bit of remote campaigning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Aglomerado wrote:

I have a 'friend' who does this. Doesn't speak to me unless it's about herself and never asks how I am.

She asks for my advice, doesn't listen and when everything falls down around her, she won't speak to me because it's clearly my fault.

I've given up bothering with her now as has my best friend. It's sad but she will end up being friendless because people can't stand the way she acts.

She makes me angry!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The moaney bastard! Did he not hear about TTTAY?

I think not. He's an old school paper-worshipping civil servant!!! :D

In fairness, one of my best mates is a gay guy who lives abroad temporarily. He's been away since 2011, but he'll be back in the next couple of years to settle down. This is still his home, and it will have an effect on his future, so I think it's fair enough if he wants to do a bit of remote campaigning.

I have no issue with remote campaigning. I have an issue with people putting the blame on us if it doesn't past when they can't be arsed to come home like many other Irish in the UK.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just got an email from Netflix....We've added a new programme you might like:

H20: Mermaid Adventures Season 1

eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

We don't have the right to vote from abroad. I don't have the cash to come home, especially as I'm moving home in 6 weeks' time. We're allowed have an opinion.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Just got an email from Netflix....We've added a new programme you might like:

H20: Mermaid Adventures Season 1

eh?

Spotify suggesting tunes you have fcuk all interest in listening to.

So much for tinterweb being spookily accurate predicting what we might like.

That facebook is showing me a suggested group of 'The Katie Hopkins Appreciation Society'

#feckoff

We don't have the right to vote from abroad. I don't have the cash to come home, especially as I'm moving home in 6 weeks' time. We're allowed have an opinion.

There is a difference between having opinions and blaming people if the vote doesn't go the way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The old woman who came to our door and tried to convince me to buy knock off perfume. She tried to get in and all. Cheeky cow. I hate people coming to your house and expecting you to buy their illegal rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

There is a difference between having opinions and blaming people if the vote doesn't go the way you want.

All of my mates here have more been begging people at home to vote, rather than laying blame.
    Low voter turnout was the real concern in recent weeks, especially as historically with referenda it's the case. Hence the pressure to get people voting.

All of my mates here have more been begging people at home to vote, rather than laying blame.
    Low voter turnout was the real concern in recent weeks, especially as historically with referenda it's the case. Hence the pressure to get people voting.

I seen two different fb post along the lines of if this vote fail I blame you/ I'm done with ye. Neither will vote hence my TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I seen two different fb post along the lines of if this vote fail I blame you/ I'm done with ye. Neither will vote hence my TA.

Well that is completely out of order, I see what you mean.

Wanting desperately to feel better emotionally, and knowing that getting up and doing stuff will probably help with that, yet feeling so defeated and low, and unable to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

KatW4 wrote: »
    The old woman who came to our door and tried to convince me to buy knock off perfume. She tried to get in and all. Cheeky cow. I hate people coming to your house and expecting you to buy their illegal rubbish.

I hope you scent her packing...

:pac:

TA: my hair is just that big longer than I'd like, but it doesn't really warrant a hair cut yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

As$hole drivers! I was driving on a dual carriageway today, and moved into the right hand lane to overtake two trucks. I had checked before pulling into the lane, and could see a car back a good bit behind, so plenty time for me to change lane. Next thing the absolute gobsh1te is driving right on my tail, so close I couldn't see his bonnet, and could almost see the whites of his eyes in my rearview mirror. I was over the speed limit as it was, and approaching a bend in the road, yet this cretin is not letting up. Determined to bully me into driving faster, ha, I don't think so. He pulls over back into the left lane under the trucks and beeps the horn at me. I pray he gets a dose of the galloping trots tonight, and realises he has no toilet paper. I can't stand as$holes on the road:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement