Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

kerry4sam wrote: »
    The sight & sound of an Ambulance driving to a call-out!

A part of my Heart always sinks with dread :(

I choose to believe that the ambulance is for a person being born in a hurry and it'll all be grand :)

Trivially annoyed by complete strangers on Facebook blocking my account but constantly commenting on my friends' posts so that all I can see is a bizarre seemingly one-sided conversation!

I asked about who was commenting and I have genuinely never heard of them. Why would you do that? Butt-hurt much? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mud wrote: »
    I choose to believe that the ambulance is for a person being born in a hurry and it'll all be grand :)

Trivially annoyed by complete strangers on Facebook blocking my account but constantly commenting on my friends' posts so that all I can see is a bizarre seemingly one-sided conversation!

I asked about who was commenting and I have genuinely never heard of them. Why would you do that? Butt-hurt much? :pac:

It's more likely that that they have set strict privacy settings on their profile rather then have blocked you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

It's more likely that that they have set strict privacy settings on their profile rather then have blocked you.

No I know about the high privacy settings as I employ them myself. This is a blocking for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Why do you think that's more likely?

Also, could you do me a favour and let me know how to put those settings on, as although I've got very strict settings on my facebook, I've yet to ever heard of settings which mean that when you comment on your friends' status their friends don't see those comments. Guessing it must be a very new thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People who don't wash and use deodorant. The fug in the polling station today caused by one individual's B.O. was disgusting. Then he strolls out and leaves the stink. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

LynnGrace wrote: »
    People who don't wash and use deodorant. The fug in the polling station today caused by one individual's B.O. was disgusting. Then he strolls out and leaves the stink. :mad:

I always wonder how people like that don't smell themselves, I cant go a day without taking a shower. There was a man in the local newsagents today and the stink was unbelievable, you could see the big wet patches under his arms. Feeling sick even thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

On my way to the Polling Station today there was a young lad looking a bit shady and being on my own I felt a bit wary. Turned out it was his first time voting and he didn't know where he was supposed to be going in the building. Trivial annoyance, it made me feel old realising that I'm old enough to have a son of his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Getting home after an extra long day at work, having passed 4 supermarkets on the way home and realising no milk for tea or breakfast tomorrow.
    Trivial annoyance: having to get back in the car just to get milk. Double bonus annoyance: getting to the local shop, finding it closed and having to go to next village. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

For all my aversion to growing a beard earlier on in the thread, I'm thinking now I may just be better off, or at least it may be safer to grow a beard rather than the rigmarole of my rechargeable electric razor not being charged up, so I'd to use the old manual mach 3 job and dove soap. You'd think dove soap would be all kind to skin and neutral all the rest of it - you'd be wrong! That shìt gets in your eyes it stings like acid! :(

Then because I couldn't see what I was doing, I ran the razor too tight to my ears and managed to nick both my ears, and missed a bit under my bottom lip that's just irritating the bejesus out of me right now, and I can't go home and shave it but I'm reliably informed by my wife that at least that it's not as noticeable as my eye or my ears...

Well, cheers for that, makes me feel a whole lot better! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Trivially annoyed that I don't like this new Micellar Water. I was big into Johnson's Facial Wipes but was reading so much about Micellar Water I went out a bought some.

What I don't like about it is that it requires a LOT of cotton pads, it takes forever to remove all my makeup, and even when I'm done, my face feels filthy.

Plus I'm nearly running out of the stuff and I don't have it that long.
    Back to wipes for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Visiting someones house and hopping in the shower only to run out of hot water half way thru.
    And you cant really complain to anyone - except you lot!

Visiting someones house and hopping in the shower only to run out of hot water half way thru.
    And you cant really complain to anyone - except you lot!

And if I may add one thing. When you are drying yourself in said shower after turning it off and then it belches a few dribbles of cold water at you...:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

And if I may add one thing. When you are drying yourself in said shower after turning it off and then it belches a few dribbles of cold water at you...:(

Why would you dry yourself inside the shower though?

eternal wrote: »
    Why would you dry yourself inside the shower though?

Well, you cant be getting out of the shower all wet and making someone elses floor all wet!! Can you? Huh?!:)

• Advertisement

Well, you cant be getting out of the shower all wet and making someone elses floor all wet!! Can you? Huh?!:)

I put an old towel or mat on the floor and stand on it and then dry. No mess, dry feet and loads more room to move around. You can't put on fake tan in a shower!! You can then wash said floor mats in the machine after. Everyone is happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

People who don't indicate when swapping lanes or even worse when overtaking.

It can mean death to a motor cyclist who is legally filtering in traffic

It's just such a lazy dangerous habit for so many people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

No voters trying to be 'friends' after all the hate filled bile they have spewed over the last month and beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Idiots going the whole way around roundabouts in the left lane. Learn to drive FFS.

Wire hangers

:mad:

• Advertisement

Wire hangers

:mad:

Hey don't be stingy. Even Penneys have plastic ones. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Neighbour asked me "And did you vote?"

Me " I did, and I voted yes on both counts. What about you?

He replies "Nah, I didnt bother.."

Now that is more than TA.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Neighbour asked me "And did you vote?"

Me " I did, and I voted yes on both counts. What about you?

He replies "Nah, I didnt bother.."

Now that is more than TA.

Tell me about it.
    My parents and my sister both said they weren't voting.
    It's out of pure laziness IMO.
    I also know a family of seven who have also refused to vote.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Tell me about it.
    My parents and my sister both said they weren't voting.
    It's out of pure laziness IMO.
    I also know a family of seven who have also refused to vote.

My parents voted NO. The conversation has been stilted since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

eternal wrote: »
    My parents voted NO. The conversation has been stilted since.
    Good for you, they're must be very old-fashioned for not wanting a president in their 20s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Band members who move about the stage excessively during a gig or music video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This new concept in rugby commentary to have the commentator and three other co-commentators for the full 80.
    Its just 80 minutes of ****e analysis and forced "banter".

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

People using words out of context or using them totally incorrectly (it's something I've been guilty of in the past and i hate myself for it)

Also, men who use toilet cubicles when taking a p!ss but not closing the door. This drives me spare but I'm not sure why, either my modesty is offended or, more likely, it's because it gives the misleading impression a cubicle is free (although it annoys me even if all the other cubicles are empty)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The amount of people on Boards who post like this.Why do they do it.Is the education system in this country gone down hill that far?

Please, please put a space after your full stops, it's basic grammar 101.

The amount of people on Boards who post like this.Why do they do it.Is the education system in this country gone down hill that far?

Please, please put a space after your full stops, it's basic grammar 101.

There's a poster on Boards who
    and it can get
    very irritating
    when he's posting
    a long paragraph.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    There's a poster on Boards who
    and it can get
    very irritating
    when he's posting
    a long paragraph.

Once I was on holiday...back in the 90s. I had to send an email and used the hotel computer.
    But the space bar was broken.
    So
    I
    Had
    To
    Send
    It
    This.
    Twas
    Very
    Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I'm on tablets long-term. I stopped taking them for a few months and started taking them again recently. There are many transient side effects. I'm grateful to have a fully-functioning body, and long may it last, and my thoughts are with anyone who has any serious physical impairment. But don't worry, medication, I didn't need the feeling in those fingers anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I hate the way everything exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Your Face wrote: »
    I hate the way everything exists.

Me too. It's head-wrecking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

When you let another car out in traffic and they fail to thank you... makes me furious, even though probably not everyone does intentionally!

Time for a hurley stick to the windscreen bi-atch! lol

When you let another car out in traffic and they fail to thank you... makes me furious, even though probably not everyone does intentionally!

Time for a hurley stick to the windscreen bi-atch! lol

I hate when people go up the bus lane and try and sidle in front of you.
    NO! You were trying to skip the queue so you ain't getting in front of me.

Do it! Bad manners isn't on!

When a female co-worker pointedly mentions her boyfriend - like one is interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Lying in bed, reading boards but my glasses are digging into my face. If I take them off, I can't see a bloody thing. Can't win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

KatW4 wrote: »
    Can't win!

^^This. Always this! :(

• Advertisement

Dunno

The way KISS don't get the musical recognition they deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when your mind is elsewhere and you cant concentrate on the task at hand, so you keep making stupid mistakes.

the fact that its acceptable to ask for 'same again' for drinks in a pub but when you do it in a food joint you feel like a fatty. for **** sake I have a big appetite and the first portion wasn't enough to feed a mouse!

oh and TA at those fancy places that throw a couple of leaves over some bland dish, mark up the price to ridiculous levels and call it ''gourmet''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Your Face wrote: »
    Dunno

The way KISS don't get the musical recognition they deserve

It's a ****ing outrage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Ignore the fact that it's only 09:11 on a Sunday and iv had a packet of Fruit Pastilles.

Aaaaanyway, I opened the wrapper and it was full of yellow and green sweets.

WTF?!! Where are the nice ones? What sick fcuker just puts the awful ones in! Or is it the damn robots fcuking with us humans again?!

Stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Ignore the fact that it's only 09:11 on a Sunday and iv had a packet of Fruit Pastilles.

WTF?!! Where are the nice ones? What sick fcuker just puts the awful ones in! Or is it the damn robots fcuking with us humans again?!

Stupid

It's a Kerry inspired conspiracy :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The way people love breaking door locks and coat hangers off toilet cubicles.

I try locking the door, fcuking lock gone. Hanging up jacket...screw it. Not again.

Seriously, what is their major malfunction?? And trying to torch bog roll holders with lighters...fcuking w*nkers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Stupid
    It's a F*cking outrage.

That's my thing now for this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Getting woken up by fcukwit and friends next door AGAIN in the early hours, thus getting a bad nights broken sleep and waking up with a headache in a really foul bitchy mood. I'm even annoying myself. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

The amount of stuff that hasn't been standardized at this stage in all walks of life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Go to garage to get licence plates fitted. Only a young lad there.

"Sorry, he has gone for lunch, come back around 2."

"Oh, can you do it for me?"

"Nah, sorry."

Arrive back at 2.15. Garage is closed.

F**k you garage with green door!

Sitting in the car. Cloudy outside. Fall asleep. Sun comes out. Wake up roasted like a peanut.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement