Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Pricks who turn their head and eyeball your as you pass by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People who don't understand the purpose of referendum which results in numerous 'when is there going to be a referendum on...' threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

The way people love breaking door locks and coat hangers off toilet cubicles.

I try locking the door, fcuking lock gone. Hanging up jacket...screw it. Not again.

Seriously, what is their major malfunction?? And trying to torch bog roll holders with lighters...fcuking w*nkers.

Close, but usually it takes two for that kind of collateral damage! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Pricks who turn their head and eyeball your as you pass by.

Aggressive fcuks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Eating apple tart or Mr. Kipling mini pies....and ya get a bit of apple skin or apple core in the filling...

Day ruining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

'things we learned' columns in newspapers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People's instagram pics showing up on Facebook with about 200 hashtags, most of them really pointless ones. Annoys me every single time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Tough steaks. You put all the effort in to making a nice steak meal only to discover the meat is tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Having a vivid dream about someone, then waking and after a couple of minutes remembering that they have died and aren't there anymore :(

My car is off the road till mid week, until parts arrive to fix it. I keep forgetting and going to grab the car keys to go somewhere. So irritating....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Running out of fuel for the fire a good 3 hours before bedtime :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Having to light fires the last week of May!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Hard lead pencils. Impossible. No innuendo please. Well, a small bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Opening a tube of Pringles only to find they've not been filled right to the top!
    AND they taste a bit stale!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 NoAlarms

I can't read the threads where they're all arguing...too long and multi quotes for me..feel a bit thick..or chilled I hope..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Searching for a particular girl on facebook but not being sure if you've found her or not because the profile photo she appears to have used is one where she's caked in makeup and looks totally different...

73Cat wrote: »
    Having a vivid dream about someone, then waking and after a couple of minutes remembering that they have died and aren't there anymore :(

This has been happening to me very often for the past few months. It's exhausting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Forgetting to turn off the immersion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Hard lead pencils. Impossible. No innuendo please. Well, a small bit

Well, you can lead a horse to water.

But a pencil has to be lead.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There's a guy reading the electricity meter, so another bill to pay soon, trivial annoyance, there's always fricking bills to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Todays other trivial annoyances, so far...

People keep sharing that video of the traveller skanger being refused entry to the church and asking for it to be shared, as if it's some sort of oppression of a minority, which it wasn't.

People who tag their kids on Facebook, they live in your home, you don't need to share the conversation with everyone on Facebook. They usually do this to brag about something, news flash, nobody gives a rats arse about what you or your kids are doing.

People making a lot of noise outdoors in the early hours, I like to leave the bedroom window open a bit at night and it's annoying hearing drunks.

People who leave dogs in gardens, it's not fair on the dogs and it's not fair to the neighbours who have to listen to the dog barking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

People, when making a complaint, say *you people*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

The phrase 'there's nothing worse than.....' when there is almost always something worse than the thing described, so it's just so stupid. Seem to be hearing this a lot lately, and it's grating me.

When a person suggests doing something with you, says they'll get back to you to confirm, but doesn't, and just leaves you hanging.

Obsession with celebrities. At the end of the day, they're just human beings. Leave it off.

Being asked for ID in your early 30s. Particularly annoying when you don't have a driving licence, and need to keep bringing your passport around with you.

The phrase 'there's nothing worse than.....' when there is almost always something worse than the thing described, so it's just so stupid. Seem to be hearing this a lot lately, and it's grating me.

When a person suggests doing something with you, says they'll get back to you to confirm, but doesn't, and just leaves you hanging.

Obsession with celebrities. At the end of the day, they're just human beings. Leave it off.

Being asked for ID in your early 30s. Particularly annoying when you don't have a driving licence, and need to keep bringing your passport around with you.

You lucky *****!

DareGod wrote: »
    You lucky *****!

I can be lucky, and still find it incredibly annoying for practical reasons ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Drivers who don't know what lane to get into at a roundabout... then honk their horn at you because you do! :(

Left lane can be for turning left AND going straight too you morons!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

People who run down their parents publicly.

People who run down their parents publicly.

I'd think anyone running down anyone, publicly or otherwise, is pretty major, and more than a TA. Hope they get are punished appropriately.

Oh, and of course, hope their parents weren't too badly injured.

I'd think anyone running down anyone, publicly or otherwise, is pretty major, and more than a TA. Hope they get are punished appropriately.

I like to think that karma or whatever will get them in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Feckin' Millward Browne survey people ringing my work number!!
    :mad:

I like to think that karma or whatever will get them in the end.

Go out and mow someone down? Yep, karma and a lot more besides hopefully :D

• Advertisement

Go out and mow someone down? Yep, karma and a lot more besides hopefully :D

Leave the armoury unlocked this evening and I'll see what I can do! :D

Oh, and of course, hope their parents weren't too badly injured.
    I meant publicly criticizing them.

I meant publicly criticizing them.

Phew :D

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Drivers who don't know what lane to get into at a roundabout... then honk their horn at you because you do! :(

Roundabouts in general! Some are slightly different when it comes to road markings and people just don't bother to adhere to them....grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

kerry4sam wrote: »
    The sight & sound of an Ambulance driving to a call-out!

A part of my Heart always sinks with dread :(

Excessively LOUD ambulances - on an empty road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm sick to f**k of seeing these non-celebs the likes of Amy Huberman et-al popping up in 'news' stories. Her face annoys me
    Amy Huberman celebrating the Yes vote in Dublin Castle. Hope Brian divorces her and marries a man.

I get TA when people on the 'interview the person below you' asks a question at the person above them.

(Not a personal dig - happens all the time)

I honestly am not sure if it's just me it bothers. It's just a silly, fun thread, so I tell myself to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The "Catholic church is in crisis because of our SSM Yes vote" debate. 1.2 million in Ireland voted Yes. But 1.2 billion other Catholics in the world, don't care.

Yeah, I don't get what's so difficult about it. Stay in the left lane unless you're taking the next right turn. There's literally no more to it.

Taking the next left? Stay in the left lane.
    Going straight? Stay in the left lane.
    Taking the next right? Get into the right lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Waiting until the end of June for exam results. Nerve wracking, but fine. Emailed to be informed that I'll be getting half the results that day and half a week later, awkward and annoying. The date by which I will have to apply for repeats is in the grey area in between, really annoying and pissing me off :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Yeah, I don't get what's so difficult about it. Stay in the left lane unless you're taking the next right turn. There's literally no more to it.

You are assuming that bad drivers can tell their left from their right.
    I dont think they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

A lot of the roundabouts in Waterford have changed the rules for straight ahead and make you use the right hand lane.
    This causes no end of confusion and honking as some of these roundabouts are enroute to the hospital where people wouldn't be familliar with the layout.

A watery eye that just won't stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

KatW4 wrote: »
    A watery eye that just won't stop

Hayfever? Am suffering v bad from it today. Even now my eyes are running and nose itchy. Feel bluuurgh with it since I woke up.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    A lot of the roundabouts in Waterford have changed the rules for straight ahead and make you use the right hand lane.
    This causes no end of confusion and honking as some of these roundabouts are enroute to the hospital where people wouldn't be familliar with the layout.

Road signs and markings in Ireland are, in general, horrific. Galway in particular is the worst city I've ever driven around. Almost nothing is sign-posted adequately. Very confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Road signs and markings in Ireland are, in general, horrific. Galway in particular is the worst city I've ever driven around. Almost nothing is sign-posted adequately. Very confusing.

If you haven't, you should try driving up north for some perspective. Once you pass into Newry, it's every man for himself. The road markings are abysmal on some of the bigger intersections, and that's before you touch the signage.

Samsgirl wrote:
    Hayfever? Am suffering v bad from it today. Even now my eyes are running and nose itchy. Feel bluuurgh with it since I woke up.

I could be! My asthma is at me too so you're probably right. Just perfect :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Right now, just after 1am, my TA is that ice-packs don't stay super-cold for long enough.
    I just want to lie in a bath of ice and numb this pain :(

Right now, just after 1am, my TA is that ice-packs don't stay super-cold for long enough.

What's wrong?

• Advertisement

I hope you are ok. That sounds like extreme pain. Maybe you need to go somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement