Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I got married the same day as Kim Kardashian. My sister wished her a happy anniversary on twitter.

I saw her in person and she didn't even mention my anniversary. She was my bridesmaid :D I'm a wee bit annoyed but I also laughed a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a physio appointment at the hospital yesterday, and no car. So what is usually just a 15 minute drive became an hours trip, as there is no direct bus. So a bus into town, and a bus back out to the hospital. Even more annoying than this was the rude ba$tard of a bus driver. He didn't speak to me just nodded sourly. I sat on the seat directly behind him, which is up a step, and he crashed into speed bumps, I thought I was going to go flying. When we got to a narrow bit of road where the bus and a car can't pass each other safely, he mutters "don't even think about coming down here you cnut" to an approaching car. I changed seats for my own safety when we stopped at another stop. A nice young couple got on with their little boy, and as we were nearing town the man stood up to ask the driver where somewhere was, and he flipped the lid at him shouting "can't you see I'm driving?". I felt so sorry for the man, he was foreign, and had been trying to make out where he was going from a letter he had. Honest to God, it made me holy glad that I rarely have to get on a bus, if that's what you are listening to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Oranges, it was easier to eat them when I didn't have to peel them :mad:

Got squirted right in the eye as I was trying to peel one yesterday, bit of a surreal experience that made me laugh, but annoying at the same time :o

Dammit I had another annoyance but I can't think of it now!

Oh yeah, people who tell you something, and then say "I'm only saying!" when they realise I can't possibly care at this hour of the morning, and I'm unsure I'll ever be able to care for the latest "outrage" they've gotten worked up about... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

People at work seem to be extremely annoying today. It must be something in the water.
    Could not be me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Putting an 11am appointment into my diary as 10am and it's not worth my while going home and straight back again. So hanging round with little to do until 11.

Naturally also it's one of the rare times I haven't brought a book with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Panicking slightly when I see I have a private message on Boards, thinking it's a warning for something, when it's really just from another user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

fussyonion wrote: »
    Panicking slightly when I see I have a private message on Boards, thinking it's a warning for something, when it's really just from another user.

Usually I go, "Oooo nice, a PM" and then realise it's a warning for something :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Weather for the long weekend looks crap :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Dammit I had another annoyance but I can't think of it now!

Being TAed at forgetting what your TAed at.

See, when I see that wee number '1' I get all excited. Like getting a letter when you were a kid.
    But then sometimes you click and discover it is a thread I followed back in 2013 that has been resurrected from the dead. Very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I love the original Mad Max movie, with it's low/no budget, gritty-near-future feel, comically bad acting and of course beautiful motorcycles. Then they go and air-sea change to a sort of, as the brother described it, loopy Steampunk theme-park for the second film. This was exacerbated nicely by Tina Turner in Thunderdome, and proceeds apace I notice with the latest effort, Fury Road, despite wheelbarrowing the magnificent Hugh "Toecutter" Keays-Byrne out of mothballs to once more do the Head-Buck-Kid bad guy. Are we required to apprehend that shortly after this apocalyptic event that decimates modern society as we know it, everyone turns into some sort of alien with Down Syndrome? Fcuk you George Miller. Fcuk you right in the ear-hole. :mad:

We have a mouse upstairs, and I can't bring myself to set a trap, so I'm waiting until I can get some sort of humane trap so I can catch it and put it outside. In the meantime this keeps going through my head https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg7w49UnGA&autoplay=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I got married the same day as Kim Kardashian. My sister wished her a happy anniversary on twitter.

I saw her in person and she didn't even mention my anniversary. She was my bridesmaid :D I'm a wee bit annoyed but I also laughed a lot.

If it's any consolation my mother forgot my wedding anniversary last month. She was so mortified she gave us 100 euro cash as a gift. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Those "Keep calm and ...." posters/images. That **** has been ****ing milked to death, stop it already, they're ****ing everywhere! Was going past a church on the bus this morning and they had one outside saying "Keep calm and pray" then there was a girl at a later stop wearing a t-shirt saying "Keep calm and stay cool" or something to that effect. Every time I see one it has the opposite effect on me, ****ing things make my blood boil!

How about this one:
    Keep
    Calm
    &
    Come
    Up
    With
    A
    ****ing
    Original
    Design
    That
    Hasn't
    Been
    Done
    To
    Death
    Before
    You
    Unimaginative
    Prick
    Too long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

73Cat wrote: »
    We have a mouse upstairs, and I can't bring myself to set a trap, so I'm waiting until I can get some sort of humane trap so I can catch it and put it outside. In the meantime this keeps going through my head https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg7w49UnGA&autoplay=1

I was expecting this after reading the first part of your post Cat -

Slightly OT: You're only three years older than me (b. 1973?) and I can remember my mother singing that song as she went about the housework! She knew it annoyed the hell out of everyone, that's why she did it! :D

That, and this abomination -

I was expecting this after reading the first part of your post Cat -

Slightly OT: You're only three years older than me (b. 1973?) and I can remember my mother singing that song as she went about the housework! She knew it annoyed the hell out of everyone, that's why she did it! :D

That, and this abomination -

Yes, 1973 :). I'd forgotten about Bimbo !! My Dad used to sing both of those. Memories :)

I hate finishing a book I really enjoy reading, it's a bitter sweet thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I hate finishing a book I really enjoy reading, it's a bitter sweet thing.

I hate when certain things are just left! I want to know what happens to each character ect but some of their stories just kinda stop and don't have a ending - that's another thing I hate - bad endings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

How irritable the warm weather makes me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Robsweezie wrote: »
    How irritable the warm weather makes me

Just as well you live in Ireland so;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Being distracted and putting the washing machine on the loooooooongest cycle rather than the sub-one hour wash that I usually choose.

The washing will never be dry before evening now. What a waste of a nice day :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm annoyed with how het-up and angry I am after confronting someone who's in the wrong.

There's a kid who keeps swinging and hanging off my railings and I'm fed up telling him to stop.

I went out yesterday to tell him to get off, reminded him I'd warned him before and off he went.
    But when I came indoors, I was shaking.

I get so angry, I can't control my temper and I feel so shakey for ages afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I keep hearing the voice of God. Actually, it's the announcer at the train station about 5 minutes away but it may as well be the voice of God it's that f*cking loud.

I've been watching Pretty Little Liars, one of those so bad it's good shows, on Netflix. It bugs me that "A" is wearing those damn black leather gloves in every scene s/he is in. I know it's another way to stop the viewer from guessing who "A" is - but it just looks ridiculous seeing him/her doing things like accepting tea in a dainty little tea cup with those damn gloves on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

How most public toilets are filthy and destroyed with sh1te 80% of the time. Epic skidmarks everywhere.

Having food stuck halfway in your throat from not swallowing properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pauldobbo

Hi guys, 1st post here,

for me its gotta be the "loading" sign on any website....

Does my head in... and it´s such a minor thing come to think about it right?

pauldobbo wrote: »
    Hi guys, 1st post here,

for me its gotta be the "loading" sign on any website....

Does my head in... and it´s such a minor thing come to think about it right?

It wrecks my head too, especially with our poxy internet :( . Your first post of many I hope :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The Aer Lingus ad that clearly p1sses on Terminal 1 in Dublin Airport by not even showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Crumpets wrote: »
    I just dropped a full ash tray on the floor :(

Feeling your pain. I just dropped a full hoover bag on the carpet causing it to split open and dust practically explode everywhere... So much for the last 20min of hoovering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

The neighbours next door to my parents, they have taken it upon themselves to wander into our garden multiple times in the last week or so. They don't call to the house they just come around into the back garden, often locking in the dog. Their kids have even done it a couple of times on their own. My mother has taken to hiding in house and calling me when they're there. I'm annoyed she hasn't said anything, and also that I'm not there to say something myself. No privacy at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Mustard on ****ing everything over here.
    Disgusting stuff.

Fcukwits and lunatics. I went for a walk earlier and at one stretch there were people moving out of their house, instead of putting stuff in the front garden, which was paved and perfectly fine, or putting it in whatever car or van they were moving it in they decided to dump it all on the footpath. There literally was not space to move through the flat screen tv and other electrical stuff, toys, bedding etc so I had to walk in the grass. I didn't see the puddle until I was foot deep in muddy water.:mad:

Further up the road a guy driving way too fast stopped at a double set of traffic lights and had parked on the left hand turning so that all other traffic trying to get past him had to go around him. He had stopped at the lights and just turned the car at an angle. The lights were turning for the third time when I got to his car and unbelievably he was texting:eek:. I looked back a few minutes later and he was still there texting with the engine running.:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Mudmask wrote: »
    The neighbours next door to my parents, they have taken it upon themselves to wander into our garden multiple times in the last week or so. They don't call to the house they just come around into the back garden, often locking in the dog. Their kids have even done it a couple of times on their own. My mother has taken to hiding in house and calling me when they're there. I'm annoyed she hasn't said anything, and also that I'm not there to say something myself. No privacy at all!

Locking in the dog? Huh?

redbel05 wrote: »
    Feeling your pain. I just dropped a full hoover bag on the carpet causing it to split open and dust practically explode everywhere... So much for the last 20min of hoovering...

The absolute worst is when that happens, and you know that you've vacuumed up loads of spiders and bugs since last emptying the bag. *shudder*

I'm annoyed with how het-up and angry I am after confronting someone who's in the wrong.

There's a kid who keeps swinging and hanging off my railings and I'm fed up telling him to stop.

I went out yesterday to tell him to get off, reminded him I'd warned him before and off he went.
    But when I came indoors, I was shaking.

I get so angry, I can't control my temper and I feel so shakey for ages afterwards.

Nobody likes confrontation, but sometimes a situation leaves your at your wit's end and calls for it. It sounds like your reaction, including the shaking, was totally normal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

jimgoose wrote: »
    I love the original Mad Max movie, with it's low/no budget, gritty-near-future feel, comically bad acting and of course beautiful motorcycles. Then they go and air-sea change to a sort of, as the brother described it, loopy Steampunk theme-park for the second film. This was exacerbated nicely by Tina Turner in Thunderdome, and proceeds apace I notice with the latest effort, Fury Road, despite wheelbarrowing the magnificent Hugh "Toecutter" Keays-Byrne out of mothballs to once more do the Head-Buck-Kid bad guy. Are we required to apprehend that shortly after this apocalyptic event that decimates modern society as we know it, everyone turns into some sort of alien with Down Syndrome? Fcuk you George Miller. Fcuk you right in the ear-hole. :mad:

If you can't appreciate that film for what it is there's something wrong with you.

• Advertisement

Not been dressed correctly for the weather.

And the weather been so unpredictable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

People overusing Father Ted references. "Careful now", "Down with this sort of thing" had a brief moment back in the 90s. Not nearly as funny or witty as people think.

The near 100% certainty that someone will quote this message with "Careful now" as their reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

lizzyman wrote: »
    People overusing Father Ted references. "Careful now", "Down with this sort of thing" had a brief moment back in the 90s. Not nearly as funny or witty as people think.

The near 100% certainty that someone will quote this message with "Careful now" as their reply.

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    I love the original Mad Max movie, with it's low/no budget, gritty-near-future feel, comically bad acting and of course beautiful motorcycles.
    . Fcuk you right in the ear-hole. :mad:
    OhHiMark wrote: »
    If you can't appreciate that film for what it is there's something wrong with you.

I would say he is just trivially annoyed:D

I have not seen it yet, and am looking forward to it. But suggesting there is something wrong with a person because they dont like it is a bit OTT, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Numpties. God-forsaken Numpties driving on our roads!

Speed-Camera Van was pulled in ; driver was out of the van with the back-door open as he was cleaning the back window for good camera view.

Stupid numpty driving in-front of me sees van last minute and slams on the break. We were all only doing 80kph at that point. The camera, even if the door was closed and camera operating would not have caught our convoy for speeding.

I'd to pass this numpty thanking God no-one was driving toward me or I'd have the car tailgating me, banged up in my backseat!

Stupid Numpties driving,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Careful now

Hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Mudmask wrote: »

Sprinklers?

Saw somebody leave this comment on a celebrity's instagram picture.
    if u could respond to me I'd literally die!! Ur so inspiring

I literally don't understand people who say these type of things to people on social media. Similar things include beginning for a RT / follow back etc from a celebrity on twitter. They're a stranger who happens to work in the public eye! But a stranger all the same. Your life is not going to change by this stranger acknowledging your existence.

Also, if I was the person in question who received the above comment, no way would I be responding to them. Wouldn't want to be up on a charge of manslaughter just for replying to a comment on instagram :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Its feckin freezing :(

Colser wrote: »
    Its feckin freezing :(

Am regretting retiring the electric blanket for the "summer"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

People that sign off their posts, we know who you are, it says so on the left hand frame.

razorblunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

razorblunt wrote: »
    People that sign off their posts, we know who you are, it says so on the left hand frame.

razorblunt

This. In text messages, when it's someone who knows you have their name and number in the phone, and you can see who it's from , yet they still put their name at the end of the message :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    This. In text messages, when it's someone who knows you have their name and number in the phone, and you can see who it's from , yet they still put their name at the end of the message :mad:

I've noticed it on facebook too, I understand if it was a business' page but someone's personal page? Come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've noticed it on facebook too, I understand if it was a business' page but someone's personal page? Come on!

Glad I'm not on Facebook so :D

That I just noticed an issue on my Talktalk bill, and am gonna have to ring them, and they're a complete nightmare to deal with. Not looking forward to it at all .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement