Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

People super analysing the realism (or lack of) of a tv programme where the storylines are generally made for dramatic effect not realism.

You can just tell that things wouldn't happen that way in real life, but that they're designed that way to create drama, and that if they did things the way things would happen in real life, there would only be a fraction of the drama and people would probably complain just as much about that.

Get where people are coming from really TAs me.

(not a personal dig, it's many people, and in relation to more than one tv programme.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

People super analysing the realism (or lack of) of a tv programme where the storylines are generally made for dramatic effect not realism.

You can just tell that things wouldn't happen that way in real life, but that they're designed that way to create drama, and that if they did things the way things would happen in real life, there would only be a fraction of the drama and people would probably complain just as much about that.

Get where people are coming from really TAs me.

(not a personal dig, it's many people, and in relation to more than one tv programme.)

Had to explain to my mam last week that Emmerdale is not real. She kept going mad that a certain storyline wasn't realistic enough. "Yeah, I know, Mam, that's because it's not real!" She was having none of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When you belt your big toe off the coffee table.....did it earlier :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

DareGod wrote: »
    Had to explain to my mam last week that Emmerdale is not real. She kept going mad that a certain storyline wasn't realistic enough. "Yeah, I know, Mam, that's because it's not real!" She was having none of it.

Being fair it is awlful sh1te at times the lack of reality like a pub full of people singing happy birthday to someone ffs...no where has that ever happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Yep. It's like 'I know you know it's not real. I know it's grand to discuss the storylines, I like doing that too. But do you have to discuss it to the point that I start doubting whether you know that it's not real?'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Saying goodbye :(

My little sister is moving to Paris tomorrow for 4 months and I'm gonna miss her so much. I already said goodbye earlier and she cried and when I go to see her at 3am I'm gonna cry like a baby :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bought some hair colour today that promised to give me flowing locks like Cheryl Cole. Instead I now resemble a piebald pony.
    I can't go to work looking this ridiculous so have to throw myself at the mercy of my hairdresser in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

People going on holidays to somewhere nice and hot and interesting.
    Leaving the rest of us behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Brelfies. I didn't even know such a thing existed until 5 minutes ago, but once seen instantly annoyed.

• Advertisement

Brelfies. I didn't even know such a thing existed until 5 minutes ago, but once seen instantly annoyed.

I trust you enough NOT to look that up for myself!

Whisky Mac wrote: »

Yep, I get that a lot of women like to breast feed but I don't need to see it. What do they want, a fcuking medal?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I looked it up, I'd never heard of it until now. All I can say is WTF?
    What's next?

Telfies (selfies on the toilet) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

TA at how old I feel when I see slang words and have no clue what the mean and then have to google them :confused:

Yep, I get that a lot of women like to breast feed but I don't need to see it. What do they want, a fcuking medal?:rolleyes:

Ah no, now you have explained to me what a Brelfie is!

TA that I now know something that I did not need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Emails with attachments that seem to get stuck in limbo and don't hit your inbox instantly after being sent.
    Where the fupp are you?
    Is there some kind of interwebz customs where my attachments are being opening and poked??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The ignorant a$shole in the petrol stattion this morning.
    I was parked in the service area, topped up air on my tyres and into the shop to get some coolant for the engine.
    I come out and there is a guy parked behind me so I cannot back out of my space.
    Behind him is another car that has finished at the pump but cant drive out because this d*ck is blocking her in.
    After about 8 minutes he appears and starts to put air in his tyres, the lady at the pump asks him to move first then look after what he needs to do. He responds angrily. At this point he hasn't seen me.
    I step out of the car, see him 'gulp' because I am much bigger than him, ask him to move...he didn't repond angrily to me. He then moved the car.
    So on top of being an ignorant pr*ck, he was quite the bully to the lady.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The ignorant a$shole in the petrol stattion this morning.
    I was parked in the service area, topped up air on my tyres and into the shop to get some coolant for the engine.
    I come out and there is a guy parked behind me so I cannot back out of my space.
    Behind him is another car that has finished at the pump but cant drive out because this d*ck is blocking her in.
    After about 8 minutes he appears and starts to put air in his tyres, the lady at the pump asks him to move first then look after what he needs to do. He responds angrily. At this point he hasn't seen me.
    I step out of the car, see him 'gulp' because I am much bigger than him, ask him to move...he didn't repond angrily to me. He then moved the car.
    So on top of being an ignorant pr*ck, he was quite the bully to the lady.

Should have kicked his ass.

It's turning into one of those days. One of our cats is at the vets and will be having an anaesthetic, I got home and put the tv on and there's some message I don't understand saying my tv is incompatible with something else I don't understand and to disconnect a hmdc thing, whatever that is:confused: It'll have to wait for Mr Pumpkinseeds to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

Picked up a Tesco free ad's magazine.

Turn to page 2 and see an ad for Goodfella's Chocolate Brownie Dessert Pizza.

It annoyed me that someone would actually think about eating such a thing.

valoren wrote: »

My husband was telling me about them this morning, we both thought it sounds disgusting but it'll probably be really popular with kids and students. :D I don't really have a sweet tooth, I prefer savoury things like crisps but I tried one of those Cadbury Puddles bars and it was vile. I only ate about a third of it because it made my teeth hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm annoyed that I dont have one (two) of these in front of me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I know it's been said before, but ignorant fcukers waiting t be served in shops while
    they are on their phones, especially those ear phoney things. You dont look important, you look
    like a fcuking bad mannered tool. And it is always some pointless sh1t they are jabbering on about,
    "Ok, half seven then, what ok, eight, yeah, sausages and cheese,ok then bye, bye, bye, bye bye"

Dipsticks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who travel a lot.

On facebook: Such and such is "Traveling from London to Dublin"

"Can't wait to be back home with my besties"

This person said the exact same thing a week ago when they were back, the person had only been in London for a week. This person posts one of these every two weeks.

Dramatik wrote: »
    People who travel a lot.

This person said the exact same thing a week ago when they were back, the person had only been in London for a week. This person posts one of these every two weeks.

People who say 'Bestie' or 'Besties' annoy me tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

People who travel a lot.

Mmhmm there's like a template to "fitting in".

It usually involves copy and paste. Examples..

"Looking fab girls"
    "My besties xx"
    "U ok hun"
    "Well said " <--To any politician

Brave new world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

People who do not decide what photos they want to print until they are in the chemist and spend 25 minutes flicking through them on their phone while you are waiting (im)patiently for your passport photos. Select them at home FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Grown adults who talk lyk dis all da tym. lol rofl hashtag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who travel a lot.

Then you have the "Oh you lookin fab in dat dress hun" when clearly said person does not look remotely "fab". In fact they look crap, crammed in to a dress clearly several sizes too small and looking like an overstuffed sausage.

Getting a text "Call me its urgent"....and then calling to be asked some trivial question....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cashiers in the supermarket noticing I've put two bottles of wine on the conveyor belt and saying "Oh you know you get 25% off if you buy six bottles?", to which I reply: "Yeah, I saw that."
    Him: "So it's a good offer, isn't it? Better off buying four more."
    Me: "No, it's grand, thanks."
    Him: "Alright. Just makes sense to get the 25% off."
    NO!
    No it doesn't make sense to me.

I only want to spend €16 on the wine. I don't want to spend more. Granted, I would get more and save some money, but I have a budget and I only ever buy two anyway.
    Don't badger me at the till!

Almost going ar*e over t*t on a spillage in same shop (curry; the stench was incredible), and nobody had deigned to put a WET sign out, so I nearly broke my body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It's turning into one of those days. One of our cats is at the vets and will be having an anaesthetic, I got home and put the tv on and there's some message I don't understand saying my tv is incompatible with something else I don't understand and to disconnect a hmdc thing, whatever that is:confused: It'll have to wait for Mr Pumpkinseeds to deal with.

Why not just google it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Why not just google it?

Pffft. Women. Shur can they even turn on a computer never mind google something? :pac:

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Pffft. Women. Shur can they even turn on a computer never mind google something? :pac:

Don't make me come over there....:D I could Google it and then I could play around trying to sort it out but inevitably when I can't sort it out and Mr Pumpkinseeds asks me what I did I will have no idea what I did and will probably have buggered it up even more. It's come back on now, I turned it on and off a few times. It could be the Sky box or the tv, no idea which.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There is an apple pie pizza dessert too, they look kinda wrong, but I'd give it a go!

My annoyance today is that I picked up a pair of runners, and a pair of canvas summer shoes for the little one today , and they are too small. That's another trip into town now to exchange them. Though I'd say I'll be giving the runners back altogether, as she declared them "too stompy"??! I suppose that's what I get for not having her with me. I feckin hate going into the next town, and hate that our town doesn't have a proper shoe shop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Jet lag. 6:25am and I've already been awake for an hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Boom_Bap wrote:
    The ignorant a$shole in the petrol stattion this morning. I was parked in the service area, topped up air on my tyres and into the shop to get some coolant for the engine. I come out and there is a guy parked behind me so I cannot back out of my space. Behind him is another car that has finished at the pump but cant drive out because this d*ck is blocking her in. After about 8 minutes he appears and starts to put air in his tyres, the lady at the pump asks him to move first then look after what he needs to do. He responds angrily. At this point he hasn't seen me. I step out of the car, see him 'gulp' because I am much bigger than him, ask him to move...he didn't repond angrily to me. He then moved the car. So on top of being an ignorant pr*ck, he was quite the bully to the lady.

Shoulda banned him from the service station:-D

TA eating popcorn and the salt finds it's way onto a cut on your finger.

Hitting your toe off a door, or hitting off a solid counter.

People finding and taking food you thought you'd successfully hidden.
    Playing two or more video games back to back and confusing the controls between them.

Is it "Display does not support HDCP - Error" ? I've seen it before, if so.

There's a thread about it here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/Display-does-not-support-HDCP-Error/td-p/651768

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Then you have the "Oh you lookin fab in dat dress hun" when clearly said person does not look remotely "fab". In fact they look crap, crammed in to a dress clearly several sizes too small and looking like an overstuffed sausage.

:D:D It's so true.

Saw an ad on tv for that last night. I was convinced it was going to be some sort of piss-take right up until the point the ad finished and there was no evidence of it being a piss-take!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Saw an ad on tv for that last night. I was convinced it was going to be some sort of piss-take right up until the point the ad finished and there was no evidence of it being a piss-take!

You didn't see the end of the ad did you....

You were in the car on the way to Tesco

Not so trivial annoyances for today. We spent 137 euro on vet treatment for one of our cats today and I don't regret or begrudge a single cent of it. The issue with the tv seems to be a Sky problem that looks like we may have to switch scart leads, lose the HD but still pay the full amount monthly and to top if off, the fcuking kettle just packed up. What makes it worse is that I was going to buy a cheap kettle in Lidl the other day for 20 quid but they were sold out.:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

stephenl15 wrote: »

Next we will be on the internet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

People saying they're "thinking out loud". You're not ed sheeran now **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just woken up after a horrible dream where my head was cut off by a jack-knifing car which also killed Rishi and Rakesh from Emmerdale.

In said dream, I became hysterical and looked down at my shoes which were filled with blood and my other half told me to fix myself up in the bathroom.

Now....can I go back asleep?

I know I am always complaining about the weather. But six degrees outside this morning. It is June in a couple of days.
    Six degrees?

• Advertisement

I know I am always complaining about the weather. But six degrees outside this morning. It is June in a couple of days.
    Six degrees?

It's due to hit early 20's by end of next week/start of week after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There are people wearing scarfs and gloves waiting for the train still at this time of year. It's very cold, still need a blast of heating the odd night too.

Just checking now, real feel temperature is currently 2 degrees outside because of the 20kph north westerly wind blowing. 2 bleeding degrees and it's almost June.

My car and my lack of car knowledge.
    The blower in my car was not heating up fast for the past couple of months. The car has felt a bit sluggish, and recently after stopping after a bit of a jaunt, the engine fan kept blowing and turning off the car. Then liquid started dripping from the bottom....not oil.
    So I got the bright idea to slap in some coolant given that the fan was still going after stopping the engine.
    Car is driving now like it has just drove off the showroom floor.

Need to learn more about cars.

I'm also not liking my constant hunger lately. Running alot, and started cycling to work again. It feels like when I'm not doing any of that, I'm eating. I've had breakfast about an hour ago, and I'm f*cking hungry already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A person walking slowly in a supermarket isle with only themselves and a shopping basket, yet managing to take up the entire width of the isle, not allowing for the overtake...

bear in mind these shopping isles would comfortably fit 3 trollies going along side by side.. but 1 numpty and his basket: nothing is getting past.

The amount of Denis O'brien related threads currently in AH......FFS!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement