Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

kfallon wrote: »
    The amount of Denis O'brien related threads currently in AH......FFS!!!!!! :mad:

You beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

People oversharing boring sh*t on Facebook. Okay, so you're emotional about buying your first house, but you've been posting about it almost every day for THREE MONTHS. Jesus Christ, give it a ****ing rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

A person walking slowly in a supermarket isle with only themselves and a shopping basket, yet managing to take up the entire width of the isle, not allowing for the overtake...

bear in mind these shopping isles would comfortably fit 3 trollies going along side by side.. but 1 numpty and his basket: nothing is getting past.
    Just ram them with your trolley then apologise loudly...walk on and feel better..its your duty to wake them ass*oles up!:mad:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Hairdressers not washing the shampoo properly out of your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

People who end a post with "rant over".

You don't need to tell us. We won't get confused when the words stop.

Those people can burn in the same hell as people who use "methinks".

skirtgirl wrote: »
    Hairdressers not washing the shampoo properly out of your hair.
    And the ones that only half wash your hair..Ive started to wash my own before going there now and just tell them to condition it..I want a good scrub not a half arsed rub!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who flash their cash on purpose. Some lad just bought something off me there (10.99) The lad whips out about 400 in 50 notes and fans them out like he is playing a game of poker with his mates, then puts them back in his pocket, then takes them back out again and pays for said item. OK we get it you're rich...

Dramatik wrote: »
    People who flash their cash on purpose. Some lad just bought something off me there (10.99) The lad whips out about 400 in 50 notes and fans them out like he is playing a game of poker with his mates, then puts them back in his pocket, then takes them back out again and pays for said item. OK we get it you're rich...
    Bet you hes not rich..probably minding it for someone ..just like the lads in Daddys car pretending its their own..you can spot them a mile off..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I reckon people who do things like that are not rich, and are not used to having cash. he probably just sold his prize car.

Like the case in the paper last week where a guy was sent to prison for killing a homeless guy and stealing a lot of money from him (homeless guy had thousands). One of the first things the idiot does is buys new clothes and a 600 euro bicycle:mad:

Colser beat me to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

€400 makes you rich these day. Things are bad.

I'd say it more of a case wanting to look like they have a few quid than necessarily having it. If anything, carry large amounts of cash would be unbecoming of a 'rich' person.

• Advertisement

Colser beat me to it[/QUOTE]
    Im on the ball today eisy..watch out:D

Colser wrote: »
    Colser beat me to it
    Im on the ball today eisy..watch out:D

But not on the ball enough to quote correctly!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Maybe it's a backlog of Dole money that he's been waiting to get a claim processed. :D

Those days when you just wanna shout out 'Son of a fcuking bitch':mad: I'd be ripped off for a new kettle locally so I took 2 buses to get a new one in Limerick. Get home, pounding headache, I'd had no coffee and no fizzy happy in a glass(soluble solpadene). Plugged in new kettle and nothing happens:confused: Switch kettle to other socket in the double socket and hey presto the kettle works. Not the kettle that was broken it was the frigging socket. I'm tired and hacked off and my head is pounding. *Shakes fist at piss taking sky wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Saying goodbye again. My friend from Essex came to visit this week but she went home this morning.

So I said goodbye to my sister yesterday morning and to my friend this morning. Horrible feeling.

Also I always feel ill when I get to Dublin airport. Reminds me of all of the times I had to go back to London and didn't want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

KatW4 wrote: »
    Saying goodbye again. My friend from Essex came to visit this week but she went home this morning.

So I said goodbye to my sister yesterday morning and to my friend this morning. Horrible feeling.

Also I always feel ill when I get to Dublin airport. Reminds me of all of the times I had to go back to London and didn't want to!

I don't mind returning to the continent but every time I go home for a visit and have to say good bye to my father it makes me a bit sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Started cycling to work again about 3 weeks ago. In and out, it's about 20km a day. Not that much on a bike, but the return trip is all uphill. When I used to commute on the bike, I had a rule that I would always push as hard as I could on the way home, so that I got faster and fitter every week. It worked.

Now, after a ~18 month break, I'm doing the same thing but the legs aren't able for it. They're like jelly today, I feel like one of those inflatable tube men walking around the building.

It annoys me that I ever stopped and let my fitness decline. It also annoys me that fitness declines and doesn't just stay for ever.

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    But not on the ball enough to quote correctly!:D
    Back off Mac :mad::D

TA wondering actually how handsome is HandsomeDan.....:confused:

TA wondering actually how handsome is HandsomeDan.....:confused:

It sounds like one of those mock nicknames that villagers would give to someone with elephantiasis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

The girl on the advert for a certain bank, ginger one with glasses, incredibly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

And the ones that only half wash your hair..Ive started to wash my own before going there now and just tell them to condition it..I want a good scrub not a half arsed rub!:D

I get trivially annoyed if they seem to be spending ages washing my hair. I'm thinking, is there something I should know :D.
    I dread the ones who wash your hair, forgetting that it's a human being they are dealing with, my poor head, :eek: and especially if they get carried away in a big chat with the person working beside them. Ow, ow, ouch.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I get trivially annoyed if they seem to be spending ages washing my hair. I'm thinking, is there something I should know :D.
    I dread the ones who wash your hair, forgetting that it's a human being they are dealing with, my poor head, :eek: and especially if they get carried away in a big chat with the person working beside them. Ow, ow, ouch.
    And I love that...God theres no pleasing us:pac:

fizzypish wrote:
    I don't mind returning to the continent but every time I go home for a visit and have to say good bye to my father it makes me a bit sad.

It's awful isn't it? I had to do it every 6 weeks for 3 years and you'd think it would get easier but it really doesn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

LynnGrace wrote: »

The last time I was at the hairdressers the girl that was washing my hair got so into her conversation that she forgot what she was doing and put the shower head over my face instead of my hair. I have to say that it was the first time that I ever went to the hairdressers and nearly drowned. So I went home that day with my hair perfectly styled wearing wet clothes. I didn't give out about it as she was very sorry, and she had only started in the job.

Zanablue wrote: »
    The last time I was at the hairdressers ....

The last time I was in a hairdressers Bill Clinton was still in the White House.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

The last time I was in a hairdressers Bill Clinton was still in the White House.:(

Lucky you! My trivial annoyance is I have to go every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The last time I went to a hairdresser, JFK was in Marilyn Monroe:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The last time I went to a hairdresser, JFK was in Marilyn Monroe:D

The last time I went to a hairdresser, the hairdresser was a stegosaurus.

Zanablue wrote: »
    The last time I was at the hairdressers the girl that was washing my hair got so into her conversation that she forgot what she was doing and put the shower head over my face instead of my hair. I have to say that it was the first time that I ever went to the hairdressers and nearly drowned. So I went home that day with my hair perfectly styled wearing wet clothes. I didn't give out about it as she was very sorry, and she had only started in the job.

Free waterboarding with every haircut. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

And I love that...God theres no pleasing us:pac:

I mean when my poor head is being bashed around :D, and they get so deep into a conversation with the person beside them that they nearly pull my head off. Noooooooooooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

TA : the chipper last night had no chicken for snack boxes .
    What sort of chipper has no fcukin' chicken for snack boxes on a Thursday night ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Living in a country that doesn't sell snack boxes in the chippers. Miss them so, so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Living in a country that doesn't sell snack boxes in the chippers. Miss them so, so much.

WHAT?????? :eek:

Name & shame please!!!!

WHAT?????? :eek:

Name & shame please!!!!

I now live in Scotland. My favourite thing about chippers back in Ireland was snack box, salt, vinegar and ketchup. I was shocked and appalled on moving here to discover how different the chippers were, and particularly that it's very rare to get southern fried chicken in chippers, and they definitely don't know what a snack box, dinner box, junior box etc is .

Nearest thing is KFC but it's really not the same.

I now live in Scotland. My favourite thing about chippers back in Ireland was snack box, salt, vinegar and ketchup. I was shocked and appalled on moving here to discover how different the chippers were, and particularly that it's very rare to get southern fried chicken in chippers, and they definitely don't know what a snack box, dinner box, junior box etc is .

Nearest thing is KFC but it's really not the same.

Snack box and battered sausage and curry sauce, you can't beat it!
    Think I'd cry if I went into a chipper and the option of a snack box wasn't there :(

Snack box and battered sausage and curry sauce, you can't beat it!
    Think I'd cry if I went into a chipper and the option of a snack box wasn't there :(

I know :(

It's so different. I ordered a roast breast of chicken and chips one night, with me SVS (salt, vinegar, ketchup) hoping it'd satisfy me, but the fecking chicken came covered in batter!

If you ask for just a 'sausage' they don't do just ordinary sausage (sometimes you just want a good auld sausage!), so it ends up coming looking something like a sausage in batter, but not quite the same.

There's loads of wee differences, and they're just not the same at all. Devastating. I worked in a take-away for years in Ireland, so probably won't help with me knowing just how I like it - the Irish way :D

Have not been to a chipshop in years...but am hankering for it now!

Have not been to a chipshop in years...but am hankering for it now!
    With a name like yours Id have thought that you would need plenty soakage?:confused:;)

What's with the snack boxes folks? Surely you mean family boxes.

What's with the snack boxes folks? Surely you mean family boxes.

Allows room for the couple of large battered sausages ;)

• Advertisement

Allows room for the couple of large battered sausages ;)
    What do you mean????:confused:;):D

With a name like yours Id have thought that you would need plenty soakage?:confused:;)

I will have you know that a Whisky Mac is a very civilised cocktail....not for flaggan of cider people... like some round here!

When your nose whistles :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

KatW4 wrote: »
    When your nose whistles :O

Hehe!
    I do this weird, annoying thing at times. When I yawn I squirt a spray of saliva. It happens at random other times too!

73Cat wrote:
    Hehe! I do this weird, annoying thing at times. When I yawn I squirt a spray of saliva. It happens at random other times too!

Haha! Bodies are weird!

73Cat wrote: »
    Hehe!
    I do this weird, annoying thing at times. When I yawn I squirt a spray of saliva. It happens at random other times too!

It happens to me sometimes too :o

Crying at Corrie. How embarrassing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA : the chipper last night had no chicken for snack boxes . What sort of chipper has no fcukin' chicken for snack boxes on a Thursday night ?

In fairness Wednesday was half price fish and chip day, so people were flocking to chippers by the dozen, maybe chicken stock was blitzed and you were unlucky.

TA stepping on stray thumbtacks on the floor :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Somebody accepting my offer on adverts, then asking if I can collect that night or the next day as they need it gone asap. I organised a van and a friend to take time off work to pick it up for me.

They ignore me, even when they've been online, then advertise it for sale again. Wtf!!!! So annoyed, I was looking at other ones that I could have bought but they're gone now. What a nightmare.

• Advertisement

American sniper. Just sat thru three hours of that drivel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement