Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you go to refill your wine and you realise you've had the bottle.
    And it's too late to open a new bottle. Well, not too late, but I'm not able.

That second slice of toast is never as nice as the first.

Heating your electric blanket but when you go to bed, it's not warm enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    When you go to refill your wine and you realise you've had the bottle.
    And it's too late to open a new bottle. Well, not too late, but I'm not able.

That second slice of toast is never as nice as the first.

Heating your electric blanket but when you go to bed, it's not warm enough.
    Same here:D Time for Colser to move away from the keyboard ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    Same here:D Time for Colser to move away from the keyboard ....

Referring to yourself in the third person is always a sign of drunkenness according to Whisky Mac!

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    American sniper. Just sat thru three hours of that drivel.
    My Sky card is missing:confused: They will replace it but could take 10 days so I said forget it as the other one has to turn up..that was Monday and no sign of it :mad:

My Sky card is missing:confused: They will replace it but could take 10 days so I said forget it as the other one has to turn up..that was Monday and no sign of it :mad:

How do you lose a sky card? It just sits in the slot in the box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Approaching a double door that has a 'PUSH' sign on both sides but only one
    actually opens. I always push the wrong one; spraining my fingers and wrist
    and headbutting the glass!
    Plus it's damn bloody embarrassing! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Kids, usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Being promised a lift home but ending up stuck somewhere with no pyjamas and no change of clothes for the next day (thankfully had toothbrush) when I'm supposed to be up early but I'm too p*ssed off to sleep, knowing that plans may have to be cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My neighbour is out hoovering his car, and his two kids are running around screaming. Seriously my 5 year old is fast asleep, I'm supposed to be having a lie in today!!

Wanting a lie in but having made all these gung ho plans that now need keeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

PandaPoo wrote: »
    My neighbour is out hoovering his car, and his two kids are running around screaming. Seriously my 5 year old is fast asleep, I'm supposed to be having a lie in today!!

Same here, the chunt up the street is steam cleaning his drive since ten past eight. I wanted to go and shove that thing up his arse, and wash his insides with it. Inconsiderate fcuks on a a sat morning. Not a thought for somebody with no kids or who might work nights:mad:

Dont ask:mad:Anyway Sky said I could code the one from the kids room into the main one in the front room but they had a melt down(plus I couldnt put up with them here watching ****e) so Im going to have to order a new one.I just know the other one will show up once I do that just like my ATM card did :(:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sleeping weird and having slightly upsetting dreams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The Irish traditional Italian chippers association shops sell bottles of mineral water, from Wales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Getting fine lines. It had to happen sometime I suppose. Can't stay young forever :(

Amazon.co.uk having great items at great prices but then you go all the way to purchasing them only to be told that they don't ship to Ireland.

eternal wrote: »
    Getting fine lines. It had to happen sometime I suppose. Can't stay young forever :(

Welcome to the club. We have been expecting you for some time now.

Welcome to the club. We have been expecting you for some time now.

Goodbye clear skin, hello disgruntled lady look.

Amazon.co.uk having great items at great prices but then you go all the way to purchasing them only to be told that they don't ship to Ireland.

Parcel motel is the answer Duke Poor Flower

Goodbye clear skin, hello disgruntled lady look.

Distinguished.

• Advertisement

Distinguished.

I must use less expressions in future. One line is not even in a normal place. Trust me to get old wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Giving biology grinds here, I'm just here for help not a flippin' miracle worker! Some people :( And being constantly asked could my english leaving cert essays be bought, no they cannot, I do not have them, I told you 10 million times that I made it up on the day. UGH :o

Parcel motel is the answer Hugo.

Just can't be arsed signing up for it! LOL

I found the stuff cheaper on Ebay anyway. Just had to use a German supplier which thankfully had a bit of English on the listing. :)

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Giving biology grinds here, I'm just here for help not a flippin' miracle worker! Some people :( And being constantly asked could my english leaving cert essays be bought, no they cannot, I do not have them, I told you 10 million times that I made it up on the day. UGH :o

I do it too. Some people want a quick fix with no intention of studying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I do it too. Some people want a quick fix with no intention of studying.

I know. And then parents getting pissed if they dont do well :mad: The Leaving ain't even that hard, I dunno what's wrong with some people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

uncle still calling me "nosy mouse" I mean what the ....!!!

identer wrote: »
    uncle still calling me "nosy mouse" I mean what the ....!!!

My aunt is still called 'wobbly' by her family because of when she was a baby her nappy wobbled when she crawled.
    My aunt is now 89 years old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

My aunt is still called 'wobbly' by her family because of when she was a baby her nappy wobbled when she crawled.
    My aunt is now 89 years old!

The Irish are a merciless bunch.

Ive lost something ..I know its in the house and I deffo dont want anyone else to find it..:(

• Advertisement

Ive lost something ..I know its in the house and I deffo dont want anyone else to find it..:(

Can you remember where you last put it before you lost it?

Can you remember where you last put it before you lost it?
    Then it wouldnt be lost :confused::p

Then it wouldnt be lost :confused::p

Obviously! But if you try to remember the last time you used the thing you lost...what you used it for...what you were thinking when you used it?
    Can you tell us that?

Obviously! But if you try to remember the last time you used the thing you lost...what you used it for...what you were thinking when you used it?
    Can you tell us that?
    No I cant ..sorry Guard..:pac: I will chance St. Antony but I think I owe him money as it is..

St Anthony never forgets a debt...be careful. I would bet that whatever it is you lost is going to be in the last place you expect it to be. Where would that be?

St Anthony never forgets a debt...be careful. I would bet that whatever it is you lost is going to be in the last place you expect it to be. Where would that be?
    On the kitchen table and no its not there..Ah dont worry it cant be too far..thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

On the kitchen table and no its not there..Ah dont worry it cant be too far..thanks anyway

Have you tried around the tv area? Sometimes things slip under the tv or the tv stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

The complete overuse of the "keep calm" slogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The noise that otherwise normal, civilised people feel the need to make when they come home from the pub on a Saturday night. Taking ten minutes to (loudly) say goodbye to whoever dropped them home (followed by the obvious "beep beep" as he drives away). Then a bit more shouting and laughing as they fumble around for their keys. Then they set their burglar alarm off. Every week.

If alcohol alters your behaviour in such a way that it inconveniences or pisses other people off, in any way at all, then you shouldn't drink.

Kids TV at this time of the morning - particularly more annoying than usual.

Have you tried around the tv area? Sometimes things slip under the tv or the tv stand.
    Sorted Pumpkin ..Head like a sieve at the moment:)
    Woke up this morn and I had slept lying on my hands(blame the wine)..anyway they were both dead/numb for a few minutes after I woke up..very strange feeling not being able to move them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Singers who pronounce the word "Californ-eye-ay" to make it fit into their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People clanging and clattering cutlery off their teeth as they eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When my hair gets stuck in the zip of my coat! So painful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

When my knob catches in my zip. So Painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

galljga1 wrote: »
    When my knob catches in my zip. So Painful.

So what gets you REALLY píssed off, if that's trivial? :eek:

Trying to find kiliney. That place is well hidden to keep us riff raff out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

When browsing on Ebay and sellers put up a stock image instead of the actual item they're selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

watching an online item, then there is a 24 hour sale and suddenly their website is *unavailable*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

People who go into a monologue and don't give a chance to say anything. no pause in their jibber jabber.

headwrecking. when you want to correct them on something but they've already set course for waffle island and aren't ever looking back.

oh yeah and YOU'RE joining them like it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

People who go into a monologue and don't give a chance to say anything. no pause in their jibber jabber.

headwrecking. when you want to correct them on something but they've already set course for waffle island and aren't ever looking back.

oh yeah and YOU'RE joining them like it or not.

There's only one thing for it. Become an eighteen-stone black ex-Marine Corps sergeant with a fear of flying. Then you can pity the fools.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement