Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

galljga1 wrote: »
    When my knob catches in my zip. So Painful.

There's a case to be made for circumcision, right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When you ask someone a question and they answer it while looking at someone else instead of at you. Feels great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Having some undercooked chips mixed in with perfectly cooked ones.

Oh, and when someone throws in a mix of different style frozen chips into the oven "to use them up", but you're left with a cacophony of crinkle-cut, steak-cut and thin-cut and it doesn't look or feel right in your gob.

When steak is tough. It may look divine, but if you're chewing harder than a cow chewing the cud, it's time to rethink your beef.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having some undercooked chips mixed in with perfectly cooked ones.

Oh, and when someone throws in a mix of different style frozen chips into the oven "to use them up", but you're left with a cacophony of crinkle-cut, steak-cut and thin-cut and it doesn't look or feel right in your gob.

When steak is tough. It may look divine, but if you're chewing harder than a cow chewing the cud, it's time to rethink your beef.

Bonus points for the use of cacophony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Flying a crapulent sub-Ryanair low cost airline and the flight is delayed. The only booze after security can only be consumed in a tiny cafe area with hard wooden seats. Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We went out for dinner last night to my favourite restaurant. It was ridiculously busy and the waiters/waitresses were rushed off their feet.

Anyway, a table of 8 people were next to us and they were so rude. When the waitress came to take their order, they ignored her and continued to talk.

Then they all ordered soup for starter. When it came out the turned around and told her that the actually decided not to have a starter anymore!! She had to take it all back.

They sent back glasses, cuttlery and food and every time they did it, they watched her leave and laughed at what they had done.

How ignorant can you get? We were finished before they got their main course so god only knows what else they did to her. I couldn't believe the absolute cheek of them. I felt so bad for the staff as they were working extremely hard. People are horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

KatW4 wrote: »
    We went out for dinner last night to my favourite restaurant. It was ridiculously busy and the waiters/waitresses were rushed off their feet.

Anyway, a table of 8 people were next to us and they were so rude. When the waitress came to take their order, they ignored her and continued to talk.

Then they all ordered soup for starter. When it came out the turned around and told her that the actually decided not to have a starter anymore!! She had to take it all back.

They sent back glasses, cuttlery and food and every time they did it, they watched her leave and laughed at what they had done.

How ignorant can you get? We were finished before they got their main course so god only knows what else they did to her. I couldn't believe the absolute cheek of them. I felt so bad for the staff as they were working extremely hard. People are horrible!

I really hope the stories of chefs spitting in soup/pissing in dinners is true for them :mad:

There's nothing I hate more than people being pure ignorant to people....everyone has to work at something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

In reply to Bonzo above, that gets me really pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Its one thing I will never understand, people been cruel like that for their own entertainment. Wxnkers.

• Advertisement

I agree with you all. Horrible, nasty people who deserve people to treat them as badly as they treat others! I can't even comprehend how someone would even try this, it wouldn't even cross my mind.

It's reasons like this that make me hate people more and more as I get older.

I agree with you all. Horrible, nasty people who deserve people to treat them as badly as they treat others! I can't even comprehend how someone would even try this, it wouldn't even cross my mind.

It's reasons like this that make me hate people more and more as I get older.

Thankfully, in general, there are still more decent people in the world than ar$eholes. We just tend to remember the ar$eholes more.

TAed at remembering ar$eholes more than decent folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

The VHI mini marathon getting more coverage on the news than Cork City Marathon each June Bank Holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

The VHI mini marathon getting more coverage on the news than Cork City Marathon each June Bank Holiday

and crappy newsreaders on a certain rock station referring to the 2pm *kick-off * of the marathon wtf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Showing someone a pic on your phone, then they swipe left/right without your permission and see your nudes :-o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

....... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The fact that on a bank holiday Monday, at 7:30pm, I have a choice of a rugby show, or a (repeat) show about traditional shoe making!!

While the shoe programme was interesting the first time I saw it, it's bank holiday Monday ffs!!!

Where the hell is Batman or the Avengers????

RTÉ: National broadcaster. More like national embarrassment.

Today TA'ed me. A write off of a day. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Someone who seems to either misunderstand the idea of group texts, or isn't aware that they've sent me the same text message six times already in the last twenty minutes! :confused:

I'm of half a mind to call them and let them know I understood the message the first time they sent it, but then I know they're the type that'd... AHH JESUS, just got the same message again just now, and they're the type if I said boo to them they'll fall apart.

It's so bloody trivial, but fcuk me it's annoying! :(

When I tell my kitten off for pulling the house apart and she won't look at me or snuggle :(

She makes me feel guilty. Evil little git!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

When I tell my kitten off for pulling the house apart and she won't look at me or snuggle :(

She makes me feel guilty. Evil little git!

Cats are lovable little ****s! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When you line the toilet bowl with toilet paper to reduce the splash from your number 2, but then you 1 before you 2 and the toilet paper gets soaked up and is redundant

Cats are lovable little ****s! 

Aren't they just! She tried to attack me then so she's outside now for an hour to let her get the hyperness out of her system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Eating all day and still hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The fact that on a bank holiday Monday, at 7:30pm, I have a choice of a rugby show, or a (repeat) show about traditional shoe making!!

While the shoe programme was interesting the first time I saw it, it's bank holiday Monday ffs!!!

Where the hell is Batman or the Avengers????

RTÉ: National broadcaster. More like national embarrassment.

LOL expecting something interesting on tv on a bank holiday!
    Can't remember the last time that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

The tosspot who wouldn't shut up during the Mad Max screening at 5:10 at the Savoy this past Saturday. Despite being roared at about it. Twice. By me.

People who preface a sentence by telling you how many words will be in it, as if that actually does anything.

Two words: it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Radio5

The many people who don't use the indicators on their cars/vans/lorries and assume you can read their mind as to which way they are going.

People coming back to work after their holidays. All tanned and healthy looking. And happy. Thats the worst bit - their happiness! :mad:

Waking up with a sore throat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    People coming back to work after their holidays. All tanned and healthy looking. And happy. Thats the worst bit - their happiness! :mad:

Must have had a shíte holiday if they are coming back to work happy, I'd be in the depths of despair coming back in here after a week off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

People in the car ahead of me that seem to get distracted/daydream/fall asleep at traffic lights. I come across at least one every single day on my short commute that fail to notice the green light right in front of them.

Cheese and Onion breath after a bag of Tayto! (Yes I have eaten a bag of crisps at 11am)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihavenoname3

why didn't you say something to them?

Probably because if they did then THEY would be vilified for doing so. For some reason it's considered much worse to point out people's bad behaviour than to indulge in that bad behaviour to begin with.

Because I have anxiety problems and I could never do something like that. Not everyone is able to confront people they don't know.

Kev W wrote: »
    Probably because if they did then THEY would be vilified for doing so. For some reason it's considered much worse to point out people's bad behaviour than to indulge in that bad behaviour to begin with.

what about it if you were, the way I see it is its much easier for a fellow customer to pull them up on their behavior than the waitress who is told the customer is always right.

what about it if you were, the way I see it is its much easier for a fellow customer to pull them up on their behavior than the waitress who is told the customer is always right.

These were the type of people who couldn't care less if someone said something to them. They would probably just make the rest of your meal a misery.

Somethings are easier said than done.

These were the type of people who couldn't care less if someone said something to them. They would probably just make the rest of your meal a misery.

Somethings are easier said than done.

you never know, they might have only been acting that way because no one ever put them in their place for acting that way in the past.

• Advertisement

you never know, they might have only been acting that way because no one ever put them in their place for acting that way in the past.

Maybe. But as I said, it's something I could never do. Hopefully someone said something after we left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That group sound like the type that would just tell you to fcuk off and mind your own business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Confronting them about their abysmal behaviour would have likely created an awkward situation for all involved and ruined the night for your own party as well as theirs. If I was there I'd have probably mentioned it to a manager as I was leaving just to ensure that they were aware of what the waitress had to put up with for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Confronting them about their abysmal behaviour would have likely created an awkward situation for all involved and ruined the night for your own party as well as theirs. If I was there I'd have probably mentioned it to a manager as I was leaving just to ensure that they were aware of what the waitress had to put up with for the night.

either that, or as you were leaving, politely walk past said table and tell them they were a complete pack of knobs, not stopping to allow a retort from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

TA that when you go to the toilets in work and the stink, I mean really stink but you go in anyway, and then when your coming out you meet someone on the way in and just know they will automatically blame you for the stink in there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

People who were vocal campaigners of lgbt equality coming up to the marriage referendum now making horrible comments about Caitlin Jenners mental state post - op.

My TA is I'm scared of confrontation and can't call them out on how their attitude enrages me.

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    TA that when you go to the toilets in work and the stink, I mean really stink but you go in anyway, and then when your coming out you meet someone on the way in and just know they will automatically blame you for the stink in there :(

Even worse if someone has left King Kong's finger in the bowl in one of the other traps that you haven't used :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

To save valuable seconds, when I've finished using the urinal in work, I'll move towards the sink as I'm redoing my belt and zipping up my fly.

Today I was completing this operation and stood in front of the sink just as someone else entered the toilets.

I'm convinced it looked like I'd just taken a piss in the sink and felt a bizarre urge to explain to this person that I hadn't in fact pissed in the sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

The lady in the sandwich shop I frequent at lunchtime has an annoying habit of having to constantly open the lid of the panini maker ever few seconds to check on the panini.
    It's like a nervous condition.

The end result is that the heat never build up to a sufficient degree (no pun intended) and the panini frequently emerges under-done.
    What's worse is that sometimes it can look ok, but when you get it back to the office, you realise that the cheese on the inside hasn't melted and sometimes is still at fridge temperature.
    It's disgusting when this happens - really disgusting!

Sometimes I watch her constantly opening and closing the sandwich toaster lid and want to shout "Look, will you ever just leave the fcuking thing alone for a few minutes"

I know I'd never be able to go back there if I did though.

Getting caught in a heavy rain shower and the minute you step inside it stops and out comes the sun :mad:

Boredom. Swear to God my boredom threshold is way too low.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement