Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

When someone says "ya gotta love (insert person/place/thing)" it irritates the life out of me and I don't know why :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I'm almost 19, customers at work constantly assuming I can't sell alcohol because, "you surely can't be 18 yet".
    Being asked was I preparing for my Junior Cert today (apparently I look that age).
    Customers constantly asking what class I'm in in school and if I plan on going to college.
    I'm in university FFS! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Boards users that sign each post... I can see your fcuking username....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I'm almost 19, customers at work constantly assuming I can't sell alcohol because, "you surely can't be 18 yet".
    Being asked was I preparing for my Junior Cert today (apparently I look that age).
    Customers constantly asking what class I'm in in school and if I plan on going to college.

A lot of us would love that problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

to elaborate on your point, being patronised and undermined at work( and life in general) because of your age is a pain in the hole and a definite TA. ''ah sure you're only a kid, what would you know''? **** off

Robsweezie wrote: »
    to elaborate on your point, being patronised and undermined at work( and life in general) because of your age is a pain in the hole and a definite TA. ''ah sure you're only a kid, what would you know''? **** off

It happens all the time. "Oh you must be new", or "can I speak with someone else" :confused:
    Since when does age define competency? I write for websites all the time, and since some of those articles are unpaid, nobody seems to care about my age. But in my paid job, yeah, only a clueless kid.. :rolleyes:
    And don't get me started about people not wanting me serving their kids due to my pink hair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Garlic breath mouth breather in a lift.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

What's the story with people on Big Brother ruining their face with botox and surgery. The blonde one looks horrific and the Irish guy is completely frozen and he can't be more than about 28/29. Why like?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

KatW4 wrote: »
    Because I have anxiety problems and I could never do something like that. Not everyone is able to confront people they don't know.

I used to feel that way. It gets easier every time you do it. Ninety nine times out of a hundred when you call a stranger to task on their obnoxious behaviour they get embarrassed and then cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Garlic breath mouth breather in a lift.

That's annoying on so many levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

leaving cert ''jokes''. the ''granny lighting the candle'' line is a bit much at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Any parent wishing their son/daughter good luck in their leaving/junior cert on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Enjoy it Lisa while you can. Soon, (relatively speaking) you will have to get used to being asked "can I help you to the car with that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Marje wrote: »
    Any parent wishing their son/daughter good luck in their leaving/junior cert on Facebook

BASTARDS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Scum. Sub-human scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Ha ha yeah I feel ya, I get asked what I'm studying in college a couple of times a day and I'm 30+! Last time I remember getting asked for ID in a pub I was 26! lol Funny thing is I decided to go back to college to do a course this year as a mature student so I'll actually be able to answer their question for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Men feeling the need to dress up as women and run in the mini marathon.

Come on guys, get a life, it's not funny any more. Let the girls have their day out without you. You're not wacky you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Plryty

NIMAN wrote: »
    Men feeling the need to dress up as women and run in the mini marathon.

Come on guys, get a life, it's not funny any more. Let the girls have their day out without you. You're not wacky you know.

About as original as going to a music festival in a morph suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yeah no, me and Flidais have bribed the little focking wagon with a week in Zermatt with Phoebe and Clíodhna if she doesn't, like, fail the focking thing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I don't know if they're trivial but I have a passionate hatred of mobile network providers, I don't trust a single word that comes out of rotten fcukin mouths!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Facebook "Share if you agree"

NO, I WONT!!!

If you want to assume I "like" cancer, child abuse or world hunger just because I will not share your post, suit your fcuking self!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The White Van Man that just drove past my house, and as he did, took the last drag from his cigarette and proceed to just throw it out the window!!!

If I had an ashtray full of dirty butts (if I smoked), I'd love to stop him on the way back out of the estate and dump them in all over him!!

If he can use the street as an ashtray, his van should be used as an ashtray as well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I make sh1t coffee:(. No matter how hard I try I can't get it right in the cafetiere, or instant. Jesus, how hard can it be? Tastes like dishwater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

People who honk their car horn outside someone's door when they're picking up someone. Or honk when they're leaving.

73Cat wrote: »
    I make sh1t coffee:(. No matter how hard I try I can't get it right in the cafetiere, or instant. Jesus, how hard can it be? Tastes like dishwater.

Get an espresso machine

like this one, and make epic latte's every morning with freshly ground coffee

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/media/catalog/product/r/i/ri9373_47-_fp-global-001_highres.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

73Cat wrote: »
    Get an espresso machine

like this one, and make epic latte's every morning with freshly ground coffee

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/media/catalog/product/r/i/ri9373_47-_fp-global-001_highres.jpg

I bought a Tassimo last year, and find it great. The only thing is if you drink more than a couple of coffees per day, you will find it pricey.

People that pretend not to know certain celebrities in an attempt to look cool.

Someone in the McGregor thread for example, you know who he is unless you live under a rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

Someone in the McGregor thread for example, you know who he is unless you live under a rock.

Crazy as it may seem, some people would prefer to pop on some jazz and curl up on the sofa with a Haruki Murahami novel than watch two pumped-up Neanderthals beat one another senseless.

Never heard of that McGregor chap myself until a couple of months ago.

Crazy as it may seem, some people would prefer to pop on some jazz and curl up on the sofa with a Haruki Murahami novel than watch two pumped-up Neanderthals beat one another senseless.

Never heard of that McGregor chap myself until a couple of months ago.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Michael Kors handbags. They're everywhere and I don't understand the popularity of them. 200+ euro for a bag made from thin low grade leather with a big disk of his initials hanging off it. Why pay that much money for a handbag that pretty much everyone has when you could actually use the money to buy a good handbag.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When I get a take away stir fry from the cafe in town, they always tip the bags up sideways so that the food falls to one side and the oil starts to seep out! Give the bag to me the right way around and I won't scald myself!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Posters on boards who start threads and say ' I'm going unreg for this'. Eh who cares? What does that statement add to the party? Daft.

CaraMay wrote: »
    Posters on boards who start threads and say ' I'm going unreg for this'. Eh who cares? What does that statement add to the party? Daft.

Some posters just go unreg as they feel more comfy posting personal stuff that way. Its ok in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

I read that as someone pretending not to know who McGyver is before my brain registered you were talking about someone else.

No idea who McGregor is. Had to google it. Then again, I'm so disconnected from pop culture I once had to google Florence and the Machine. Had never heard of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you're waiting to cross a road and a car stops to let you walk across. I usually stand there and let them drive on.

The fact that its nigh on impossible to buy anything other than Deep fu**ing River Rock still water in T2 Dublin Airport!!

Deep river of pi$$ more like!!!

galljga1 wrote: »
    Enjoy it Lisa while you can. Soon, (relatively speaking) you will have to get used to being asked "can I help you to the car with that?"

Oh gosh that's embarrassing haha. I may have spoken too soon about the young girl thing, today I was called "the lady" at work instead of "the girl".
    ..... Is it OK to feel old now? :pac:

Oh gosh that's embarrassing haha. I may have spoken too soon about the young girl thing, today I was called "the lady" at work instead of "the girl".
    ..... Is it OK to feel old now? :pac:

Before you know it the years will pass and you'll be referred to as 'Madam', that'll make you wish you looked younger. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I 100% honestly have no clue who you are talking about.

And I have no idea how it would supposedly make me look cool to say that if it wasn't true.

Before you know it the years will pass and you'll be referred to as 'Madam', that'll make you wish you looked younger. :D
    Madam makes me shudder deep within :D Although I was ma'am today, however it's spelled, by a friendly enough american couple who were obsessed with human research and asking about it :pac:

• Advertisement

I can't stand the term 'fair enough' being said in response to something I've said, and I can't even properly explain why, in a way that would make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Does anyone ever get the "top of the stairs memory fade out thing" ?

You know, you think of something, it's upstairs, so up you go...

Then when you get there you cannot remember why you went up there in the first place.

Only solution is to come back down again, and Bingo! aha, that's why I went up there.

And so the cycle continues. Up, down, up down. Hate that.

I am not that old, but it happens a lot, and it drives me nuts. My sister said she writes it down before attempting the stairs at all. So it's not just me lol

Does anyone ever get the "top of the stairs memory fade out thing" ?

You know, you think of something, it's upstairs, so up you go...

Then when you get there you cannot remember why you went up there in the first place.

Only solution is to come back down again, and Bingo! aha, that's why I went up there.

And so the cycle continues. Up, down, up down. Hate that.

I am not that old, but it happens a lot, and it drives me nuts. My sister said she writes it down before attempting the stairs at all. So it's not just me lol

Live in a flat, so no stairs, but I walk between rooms constantly like this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Live in a flat, so no stairs, but I walk between rooms constantly like this...

Glad I am not alone.

But it's easier to go from room to room than up and down the feckin stairs. But the problem is the same one :eek:

Glad I am not alone.

But it's easier to go from room to room than up and down the feckin stairs. But the problem is the same one :eek:

Might save me needing to go to the gym though :P

I can't stand the term 'fair enough' being said in response to something I've said, and I can't even properly explain why, in a way that would make sense.

I do say that a lot. But having read that I will become paranoid about it!
    TA that now I need to find something to say that replaces 'Fair enough'.
    'Right so' could be good?

My legs are aching. I feel like an elderly woman getting up and down the stairs. I think it's tendonitis and I've had to cut back on my walks. I'm not so much power-walking as power-hobbling. Second trivial annoyance, people blocking the footpath. I got stuck behind 2 guys for almost 2km last night as it's a straight very busy stretch of road, too busy to walk on the road to get past them and my legs are too achey to speed past them. So I ended up watching them scratch their arses and spit. :mad:

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    I do say that a lot. But having read that I will become paranoid about it!
    TA that now I need to find something to say that replaces 'Fair enough'.
    'Right so' could be good?

Haha no I've come to the conclusion that it's just me, and there's no issue with it generally.

I'm an over analyser and someone who can be super sensitive at times.

I don't know to me it can feel somewhat dismissive at times or something along those lines, but I don't think I've always felt that way about the term, so not quite sure what it's about :D

Haha no I've come to the conclusion that it's just me, and there's no issue with it generally.

I'm an over analyser and someone who can be super sensitive at times.

I don't know to me it can feel somewhat dismissive at times or something along those lines, but I don't think I've always felt that way about the term, so not quite sure what it's about :D

Ah, thats grand so. Fair enough. :)

• Advertisement

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    Ah, thats grand so. Fair enough. :)

Right so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement