Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Puffa jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

What are argyle socks??

Sort of multi-coloured diamond pattern. A nice sock it its own right:D

But I suppose if you are wearing PJ's at lunchtime, you are n ot going to too concerned with the pattern on ones socks.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Elder daughter in A&E with a dislocated if not broken finger.

On the plus side her younger sister (6yoa) is with her and sending me text updates - 'f*ck' 'chocolate' 'poo' being my favourites so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Elder daughter in A&E with a dislocated if not broken finger.

On the plus side her younger sister (6yoa) is with her and sending me text updates - 'f*ck' 'chocolate' 'poo' being my favourites so far.

If you're not leaving a message that is both equally worrying and vague on Facebook now, you're missing a trick my man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

And, eh, where would one get one of these books? Just wondering like.

They must be available in most newsagents, they're being advertised on tv. 99p for first issue apparently, not that you'd be buying it or anything.;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Imagine this.

Young female, late teens, pregnant ( I think) manky ( I mean manky) PJ's, and the bottoms of the PJ@s are tucked in to Argyle socks. Is this a new thing? The Argyle socks that is.

My TA is that I'm half afraid this is someone I know :(

Eisenbeg1 I really hope we're in opposite ends of the country :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    My TA is that I'm half afraid this is someone I know :(

Eisenbeg1 I really hope we're in opposite ends of the country :)

Well I ain't in Laois, so you are ok.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Well I ain't in Laois, so you are ok.:D

Thanks ! But whoever you seen must have a double up here also , the argyle socks must be new trend

More than a trivial annoyance but trying to get an appointment with a doctor.

I think I have tonsillitis. I need an antibiotic ASAP.

"Next appointment is Wednesday afternoon"

2 days away. Are you kidding me? I'm proper sick now like :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Irish water twunts and their barriers blocking my driveway...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Emergency doctor? They're my lifeline.

Only thing you can do is dose your self up on jelly and ice cream between now and then.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

People who call the bathroom "the loo"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

American shows, like Modern Family, that are almost perpetually on a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I think it's back at 8 this evening. 2 episodes!! !

(How's that for enthusiasm?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rosie Rant wrote: »

Its worse over there.
    You have adds before the show. They open the show with a 60 second scene. Then Adds. Then opening credits. Then 10 mins. Then adds. Then 10 mins etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People who park right in front of the petrol pumps when they don't actually want fuel, this one did it to me yesterday when all the other pumps were being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who refuse to help others with a simple request even though they have everything done for them like lifts to and from work and dinner handed to them every day. Really makes me angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

STOP WATERING MY BASIL. You'll frigging kill it on me!
    Leave it the fcuk alone and get your own plants to murder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

People wearing flip flops/ sandals in March. That's bad enough but at a split second glance at the floor their feet look manky. I'm not going to be staring at the feet obviously, but come on have clean feet at least! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

any comments about ''typical men or ''typical women'' don't really sit well with me, especially if they're outdated concepts. I wouldn't let rip at someone for those statements but just feeln kinda quietly annoyed and belittled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

This thread is NOT to be used to discuss other boardsies. It's this exact shyte that will cause this thread to be closed too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you're in McDonalds/SuperMacs waiting to get served and the customer at the counter starts eating his (always male!) fries off the tray before paying.

Waiting for the immersion to heat the water!

Booty shorts on men, *shudder. Gentlemen, it's great to keep fit, BUT, booty shorts look horrendous on anyone other than a svelte, leggy young woman. A chap ran towards me wearing booty shorts tonight and I almost got a view of more than I wanted to see peeping out of one of the legs of the shorts.:eek:

dulux99 wrote: »
    People who call the bathroom "the loo"
    People who call the toilet "the bathroom", I'm not going in there to have a bath! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

KatW4 wrote: »
    Waiting for the immersion to heat the water!

Getting up at 6 to turn on the immersion and you half asleepness you turn it to sink aswel
    :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A chap ran towards me wearing booty shorts tonight and I almost got a view of more than I wanted to see peeping out of one of the legs of the shorts.:eek:

You might be lookin' too hard! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Booty shorts on men, *shudder. Gentlemen, it's great to keep fit, BUT, booty shorts look horrendous on anyone other than a svelte, leggy young woman. A chap ran towards me wearing booty shorts tonight and I almost got a view of more than I wanted to see peeping out of one of the legs of the shorts.:eek:
    Mr Tayto ad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

A_smurf wrote: »
    People wearing flip flops/ sandals in March. That's bad enough but at a split second glance at the floor their feet look manky. I'm not going to be staring at the feet obviously, but come on have clean feet at least! :(

People waring socks under sandals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Getting up at 6 to turn on the immersion and you half asleepness you turn it to sink aswel
    :(:(:(
    What's wrong with doing that? Do you have a bath every morning before you go to work or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

People that knock the plate in the microwave off the rollers and don't fix it after themselves!

Absolute killer alright! I just leave it on bath now. I always forgot to turn the bloody thing off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

What's wrong with doing that? Do you have a bath every morning before you go to work or what?

Emm shower every morning and evening and at Sink setting you wouldn't have enough to shave yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

People who use the word 'literally' wrong on a regular basis. "I couldn't believe it, I literally dropped dead". Well you clearly didn't if you're standing here talking now did you!?

Jamie Redknapp is always at it on Sky Sports too - "The defensive midfielders role in this side is to just literally sit in front of defence and not move from there".

:P

• Advertisement

Only thing you can do is dose your self up on jelly and ice cream between now and then.:D

Do you know, I was so sick yesterday I ate half a wrap for lunch. Never thought to have ice cream. That would have helped.

Got a cancelation in the end.

Have tonsillitis and bronchitis. Feckin price of being sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

murph226 wrote: »
    People that knock the plate in the microwave off the rollers and don't fix it after themselves!

Never being able to put the microwave plate back on properly and feeling like a failure :( .

Do you know, I was so sick yesterday I ate half a wrap for lunch. Never thought to have ice cream. That would have helped.

Got a cancelation in the end.

Have tonsillitis and bronchitis. Feckin price of being sick.

Both are awful. My tonsils used to get so badly infected when I was a kid that I'd have convulsions and my parents would have to put me in a bath of tepid water. I had them out and years later when I was a smoker I got a bout of bronchitis. My GP told me they'd grown back. :D Feel better soon.

That the 'older lady' in one of the ads I'm seeing is probably younger than me

and older lady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's so irritating when you know someone is having a little dig at you, but they are all smiles, and trying to disguise it with humour. The very same person has this way of looking at me like she is appraising me. The bitch just can't cope with my awesomeness :):)

• Advertisement

Fcukwits who smash glass bottles on foot paths. What is the fricking point of doing something so mindless? I didn't see the glass until I was walking on it the other night and some of it slit the cushion heel on my boots, now the heel is tilting at an angle and the boots are useless.:mad:

I've just been reading that some water protesting group is planning on calling to every house in a particulare city and county to discuss water protests. Seriously, are these people ever going to fcuk off? It's not as if we don't know that they exist and we could hardly be unaware of their protests. Knocking on peoples doors is taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I've just been reading that some water protesting group is planning on calling to every house in a particulare city and county to discuss water protests. Seriously, are these people ever going to fcuk off? It's not as if we don't know that they exist and we could hardly be unaware of their protests. Knocking on peoples doors is taking the piss.

There's a charge for that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

"Truck nuts".
    I'm all for weird and wonderful vehicle mods (my astra had a pajero roll/altimeter gauge pod on its dash...) but theres something needlessly obscene about hanging a hairy sack off the back of your hitch that just gets me for some reason..
    17tpthf5cxxzljpg.jpg
    Balls1.jpg
    Really pushing the lifted jeep stereotype here...
    nuts-500-1009534542_truck-nutswtmk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Truck nuts".
    I'm all for weird and wonderful vehicle mods (my astra had a pajero roll/altimeter gauge pod on its dash...) but theres something needlessly obscene about hanging a hairy sack off the back of your hitch the just gets me for some reason..
    17tpthf5cxxzljpg.jpg
    Balls1.jpg
    Really pushing the lifted jeep stereotype here...
    nuts-500-1009534542_truck-nutswtmk.jpg

Ball-hitch?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Ba dum tssh :D

That the 'older lady' in one of the ads I'm seeing is probably younger than me...

I've seen a couple of them, and there seems to be a common theme. It's almost as if "older lady" is code for something or other... :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of them, and there seems to be a common theme. It's almost as if "older lady" is code for something or other... :pac:

Ah, I see - in that case my moobs wouldn't qualify as 'older lady' (yet!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

73Cat wrote: »
    It's so irritating when you know someone is having a little dig at you, but they are all smiles, and trying to disguise it with humour. The very same person has this way of looking at me like she is appraising me. The bitch just can't cope with my awesomeness :):)

Oh I know exactly what you mean!

And that 'appraising' ugh. I used to work with a woman some years ago, who was dreadful for that. You could be telling her your deepest secrets (except you wouldn't :D) and she would ask, where did you get your shoes... Or something like that. She didn't even disguise the fact that she was assessing everyone's appearance, rather than paying them any attention.

Ah, I see - in that case my moobs wouldn't qualify as 'older lady' (yet!)

I'd say the girl linked-to above is probably "older" than you alright! :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement