Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Why would I look for another job? By the way are you in a family business did I hit a nerve with you?

Nope, we have no business. Father worked in a Factory, I work for a financial institution, brothers work for International companies and sister is a nurse. Never had a family business.

It was your sweeping generalisation and the use of the word 'despise' that more than 'trivially annoyed' me!

Anyway you're entitled to your opinion so I suppose we better move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I grabbed a bottle of what I thought was ordinary bleach from under the kitchen sink yesterday and cleaned the kitchen sink and draining board with it, I was wondering why the smell wasn't that great, then I realised Mr P had put the toilet gel under there instead of in the bathroom. So now the sink smells like toilet block. :(

I grabbed a bottle of what I thought was ordinary bleach from under the kitchen sink yesterday and cleaned the kitchen sink and draining board with it, I was wondering why the smell wasn't that great, then I realised Mr P had put the toilet gel under there instead of in the bathroom. So now the sink smells like toilet block. :(

Wait til Mr P comes home locked tonight and pisses in it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Minions" memes.

Getting a bit tiresome now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

No I don't like the daughter but that's just because of my principle on this issue. How many family business workers pounced the streets looking for work or got rejection letters? How many will suffer workplace bullying? How many have to worry if they are late for work? None none and none. It's pure and utter laziness for a grown man or woman to just accept their mammy and daddy's businesses as heir own and plow on it shows no backbone or character in my view. My boss said to me few weeks back "watch your times" when i was five mins late after dealing with a sick child and I instantly spat back "Mary (for argument) comes back from lunch half an hour late twice a week, you gonna say anything to her?" It was like I spat at him he didn't know what to say or where to look but fcuk that I'm not putting up with rubbish like that. Family employees find your own way!

Both my parents were teachers. I still resent them for not leaving me the school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

"Minions" memes.

Getting a bit tiresome now.

Ah here. TA that I have to go see the bloody movie with the four year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Menas wrote: »
    Ah here. TA that I have to go see the bloody movie with the four year old.

I'm sorry to hear that. Being stuck in a cinema full of ankle biters with sticky hands is my idea of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

In work, the toilets are located outside our offices. We share them with the company on our floor. You need a fob to access our offices. I lose the plot when I go to the toilet, leaving the office door open, only to come back 3 minutes later to find the door closed.

Every. Single. Time.

Why, in the name of the sweet baby Jesus, someone would close the door is beyond me. This means that every time I have to go for a piss I have to bring my fob with me. >.< Half the time I forget it or chance my arm. Leave door open, go to the bathroom as fast as can and return to find the door closed, yet again. They're like ninjas with the door closing! I half think someone does it on purpose just to spite me. On a few rare occasions I've been lucky enough to return to an open door.

Fcuking fobs and fob access, biggest load of sh*te ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

TA that I forgot to bring a lunch to work today. I hope it won't rain around lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you order a sandwich at the deli counter and the server assumes you only want one thing and quickly moves on to the next customer before you've had a chance to order something else;

People who don't put weights back on the rack correctly.....or just don't put them back at all.

People who take your weights without asking, especially if you are trying to do sets of something.

People who come up to you in the gym when you are doing something and ask you how long more you will be using such a thing.

Anti-protein people who tell you you'll get fat from drinking protein shakes. These will be the same people that starve themselves for a month in order to lose weight. Or worse the fatties that stuff themselves with crap food and then lecture you about taking protein.

I hate you all, you annoy the sh*t out of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

grundie wrote: »
    When you order a sandwich at the deli counter and the server assumes you only want one thing and quickly moves on to the next customer before you've had a chance to order something else;

or when the automatically put a big lump of butter on the middle of the slice of bread before they even ask you if you want butter:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

People who don't put weights back on the rack correctly.....or just don't put them back at all.

People who take your weights without asking, especially if you are trying to do sets of something.

People who come up to you in the gym when you are doing something and ask you how long more you will be using such a thing.

Anti-protein people who tell you you'll get fat from drinking protein shakes. These will be the same people that starve themselves for a month in order to lose weight. Or worse the fatties that stuff themselves with crap food and then lecture you about taking protein.

I hate you all, you annoy the sh*t out of me!

That's why you are Fat, Christy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

messrs wrote: »
    or when the automatically put a big lump of butter on the middle of the slice of bread before they even ask you if you want butter:mad:

Or they ask if you want butter and you feel like replying " well I would if you fcukin had any!"

because all they ever have is that easy spread I can quiet easily believe its not butter sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Well capable people who haven't the hands to wipe their arse.
    People who can't keep their mouth shut.
    People who can't put their phone away for 2 minutes.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Well capable people who haven't the hands to wipe their arse.
    People who can't keep their mouth shut.
    People who can't put their phone away for 2 minutes.

Why would you wipe your arse with your hand? :)

galljga1 wrote: »
    That's why you are Fat, Christy.

Well that's just a little bit insensitive!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Just in an awful humour today, and that is not even funny.
    I didn't say people wipe their arse with their hands, I said they haven't the hands to wipe their arse. Big difference.
    In other words.
    Adults who can't do anything for themselves.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just in an awful humour today, and that is not even funny.
    I didn't say people wipe their arse with their hands, I said they haven't the hands to wipe their arse. Big difference.
    In other words.
    Adults who can't do anything for themselves.

I understood what you meant, did you not see :) at the end of my sentence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

In work, the toilets are located outside our offices. We share them with the company on our floor. You need a fob to access our offices. I lose the plot when I go to the toilet, leaving the office door open, only to come back 3 minutes later to find the door closed.

Every. Single. Time.

Why, in the name of the sweet baby Jesus, someone would close the door is beyond me. This means that every time I have to go for a piss I have to bring my fob with me. >.< Half the time I forget it or chance my arm. Leave door open, go to the bathroom as fast as can and return to find the door closed, yet again. They're like ninjas with the door closing! I half think someone does it on purpose just to spite me. On a few rare occasions I've been lucky enough to return to an open door.

And then you get piss on your fob. :mad:

Every. Single. Time.

No - that's what you left in Trap 3 ;) :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

eisenberg1 wrote: »

It's easier than using your foot.

It's easier than using your foot.

Not what Christy Brown says!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

Lunchtime runs.

All changed and raring to go!

GPS Watch

Getting Location........Getting Location........

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

People on Facebook that give a countdown to their holiday

I don't give a fcuk that you're going to a two star hotel in Santa Ponsa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People who post pictures of themselves while they are taking a picture of the person who is taking the picture of them that they are posting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Everybody get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

osarusan wrote: »
    Everybody get that?

They're standing opposite each other, aren't they?

"Selfies" have hit a new low, now they're having other people take pictures of them taking pictures of the other person. It like they are now taking pictures of someone else, which is contrary to the whole idea of...

I don't think I can do this any more, this whole living among people thing, I think it's time for early retirement to a log cabin in the Rockys with a grizzly bear for company. We can eat fish or something -

Aglomerado wrote: »
    And then you get piss on your fob. :mad:

Handy for the number 2's if there's no toilet paper.
    kfallon wrote: »
    No - that's what you left in Trap 3 ;) :pac:

Ewww, you disgust me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

valoren wrote: »
    Lunchtime runs.

All changed and raring to go!

GPS Watch

:(
    I initially thought you were talking about getting the runs at lunch time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

smash wrote: »
    I initially thought you were talking about getting the runs at lunch time.

That's the other thread

Ewww, you disgust me.

No I don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

People who say "could/would of" instead of "could/would have"

Wrecks my tits that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

'Would you like you're panini toasted? Of course I fricking do, it's a panini. Then when I bite into the thing it's only luke warm and the cheese isn't even remotely melted. It looked like it had only been threatened with toasting.:mad:

Really persistent door to door salesmen and especially chuggers that won't take no for an answer. Just got the second one in two days as I came home from work, they annoy me so much! I told him at least 5 times that I'm not signing up and he just kept trying to guilt trip me and asked me to justify my reasons for not wanting to sign up. I almost had to shout at him to leave. Maybe next time I'll just sign up with a fake name and bank details, be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Just don't answer the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Irish people who can't grasp the concept of saw vs seen.

I "seen" this all over boards and it makes me want to scream.

I was just coming home, we entered the driveway at the same time. Same thing happened yesterday. Both times I said from the start I'm not interested but just couldn't get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

miezekatze wrote: »
    I was just coming home, we entered the driveway at the same time. Same thing happened yesterday. Both times I said from the start I'm not interested but just couldn't get rid of them.
    I never have a problem with them..they know as soon as I open the door that Im not signing up for anything and start to reverse slowly ..must be my face :pac: I donate straight from my wages and thats me covered imo Im not handing over another cent.
    Crikey the rain is unreal here at the moment,sounds like the roof is coming down:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Parents who smoke in Public kids playgrounds. I mean WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Menas wrote:

Or in large crowds. I absolutely hate it, it's disgusting having smoke blown into your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I can never read Daily Mail stories on my phone and they're linked all over the place here! When I click into them, I can see the story for about 2 seconds before a menu drops down on the left hand side and covers the whole page. It doesn't go away when I scroll. Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

When the Supermarkets or Boots etc.ask me EVERY time "have you a loyalty card?"

No I don't. I wouldn't give them a smidgin of my personal or shopping details, and I don't care how many feckin points I might have now. Then they ask would you like to sign up.... GRRRRR. NO THANK YOU.

And if I DO have a loyalty card, sure I will just hand it to you obviously. Wrecks my head.

Get away from me now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ha Ha. Our doorbell broke about two years ago. Never bothered fixing it. Those who need to get in have my mobile number, the rest can go scratch.

So, no Election canvassers, door to door peddlars, Jehovahs, beggars, chancers, and so on.

Bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who don't read things properly then go and waste a sh1t load of my time replying with statements and questions that have already been dealt with. Aye yi yi!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 MedicalAvenger

Menas wrote: »

this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

When you organise a party and do so through facebook events, and the exact same people could never be arsed RSVPing either way. Three times running and I'm close to just not inviting them next time round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I lost the back of a gold earring and now I can't hoover because it will be gone for good. This is why I prefer cheap stuff cos when it breaks or you lose it, then you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Crows building their nests in the chimney so you end up with a very smokey house and have to sit in the car until it's gone :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement