Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Also having to light fires in June!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

KatW4 wrote: »
    Also having to light fires in June!!!!
    Put the heated seat on in the car earlier and have the heating on now in the house now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

this

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

When herself puts the heating on just because it hasn't been on for a couple of days. Ahhh but it's 20 deg in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Running out of milk. Everyone takes less milk in their coffee/cornflakes/weetabix...but no one is happy.

The Minions movie. Not out for weeks yet but the build up has been going on for months. Branding in shops, trailers at the movies, characters in the Happy meal....I have Minion overload already and still need to take the 4 year old to see the damned thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Crows building their nests in the chimney so you end up with a very smokey house and have to sit in the car until it's gone :(

Get that seen to, it could be very dangerous to the occupants of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

People calling me 'Love'. Urgh. Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People calling me 'Love'. Urgh. Go away.

Or aul wans calling each other "Hun". Ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Dramatik wrote: »
    The fact that every morning I buy a coffee in a certain coffee shop, knowing full well that the coffee shop a few doors down does nicer coffee. God damn you attractive coffee making women, why must you do this to me? The things us guys have to endure sometimes...

The things GUYS have to endure?

• Advertisement

Get that seen to, it could be very dangerous to the occupants of the house.

We know. It's not the first time it's happened. My boyfriend cleared it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Foul mouthed ****ers who are unable to post videos aimed at kids on YouTube without a constant stream of expletives. Not so damn trivial actually. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

We know. It's not the first time it's happened. My boyfriend cleared it out!

Put a crow guard on the chimney, simples.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who walk through an office holding a cup of coffee in their outstretched hand, like it's full of mercury, the same time most people there are leaving to go home.

Put a crow guard on the chimney, simples.

There was one on it. Not sure what happened to it actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm on a bus home and I plugged in my phone to charge. Some wench Sat beside me and had the cheek to reach over and plug out my phone.

Eh no. Piss off and over to a different seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Over powering smells. I went to see my parents earlier and had to leave after a few minutes, the stench of scrambled eggs was making me gag.

Picking up a lost debit/credit card. We found one at lunchtime and since the bank was closed I'll drop it in to them on Monday. The trivial annoyance bit is not being sure at the time whether or not to pick it up. On the one hand I wouldn't want it falling into the wrong hands, but on the other hand I was kind of nervous picking it up in case the person came along and thought I was stealing it. I checked FB, but according to that the person lives in America, even though it's an Irish debit card:confused: Anyway, the bank can sort it out on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Sore throat and general unwell with the lovely weather we're not having in June.

• Advertisement

Other peoples kids in my house...the place is destroyed and I cant shout at anyone!

People who flash mob their own wedding. WTF is that about? It's sooo cringe worthy I could actually blush with embarrassment for them.

People who flash mob their own wedding. WTF is that about? It's sooo cringe worthy I could actually blush with embarrassment for them.

How do you flash mob your own wedding?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I can't understand why individuals enter a shamanic like trance in front of foodstuffs. Has the garlic bread mesmerised you to the point of an out of body experience? Move the fcking trolley or die bitch.

Menas wrote: »
    How do you flash mob your own wedding?!

Oops, I should have said 'wedding reception'. Someone posted it on facebook today, I could only handle a few seconds of it before clicking off. Although the happy couple are a pair of mouthbreathing knuckle draggers, so they probably think it was all very tasteful.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Other peoples kids in my house...the place is destroyed and I cant shout at anyone!

I know your suffering, I've just been through it.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Selfie sticks on sale in Tesco. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Other people's kids, full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Going out tonight at home with school friends that I haven't seen in 2 or 3 years. Had nothing to wear as I've moved most of my stuff out so my sister said she'd pick me up a pair of jeans in h&m if I told her what size, what make, etc.

She bought the wrong size and now I have no new jeans and am in a bad humour cos I feel like a big fat whale :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people noisily breathing through their nose.

when you get a haircut and people draw attention to it every five seconds. makes me embarrassed.

heating up different bits of food in the microwave and the heat only spreads to one half of the dish or parts of the dish, meaning its hot in some places and cold in others. always happens to my sunday dinners, hot chicken and cold mash.

when you do people loads of favours and are generous to them, and you get nothing back. zilch. not even a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

lizzyman wrote: »
    Irish people who can't grasp the concept of saw vs seen.

I "seen" this all over boards and it makes me want to scream.

Trivial issues like that really annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Trivial issues like that really annoy me.

Well you've come to the right place then......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Robsweezie wrote: »
    when you get a haircut and people draw attention to it every five seconds. makes me embarrassed.

Nobody ever notices when I get a haircut. :( I'm getting quite sick of it at this stage. I've warned my husband, that the next time I get a hair cut, he better notice it and he better tell me it's nice.

*ruffles divorce papers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

People thinking the end of an escalator is the perfect place to stop and look around.

Sorry love but all 100kg of me is going to hit you despite my attempts to avoid. And then I get a dirty glare like it's my fault

In London you'd get a boot up the hole for messing around on an escalator!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mad Men, watched a few episodes to see what the fuss was all about.

Just a whole load of smoking, boozing and people acting like cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mikemac1 wrote: »
    People thinking the end of an escalator is the perfect place to stop and look around.

Sorry love but all 100kg of me is going to hit you despite my attempts to avoid. And then I get a dirty glare like it's my fault

In London you'd get a boot up the hole for messing around on an escalator!

Their close relations, people who stop right outside a shop doorway to decide what to do. Usually groups of auld ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

In work, the toilets are located outside our offices. We share them with the company on our floor. You need a fob to access our offices. I lose the plot when I go to the toilet, leaving the office door open, only to come back 3 minutes later to find the door closed.

Every. Single. Time.

Why, in the name of the sweet baby Jesus, someone would close the door is beyond me. This means that every time I have to go for a piss I have to bring my fob with me. >.< Half the time I forget it or chance my arm. Leave door open, go to the bathroom as fast as can and return to find the door closed, yet again. They're like ninjas with the door closing! I half think someone does it on purpose just to spite me. On a few rare occasions I've been lucky enough to return to an open door.

Fcuking fobs and fob access, biggest load of sh*te ever!

I've just moved into a new apartment block and almost every time I leave the external door is on the latch. And I close it every time. It pisses me off when people disregard security because they're too lazy to take their key/fob with them.

TA that the dishwasher has died, its an ugly old thing, has given years of good service...and will be missed.
    And no, I am not talking about my wife.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I've just moved into a new apartment block and almost every time I leave the external door is on the latch. And I close it every time. It pisses me off when people disregard security because they're too lazy to take their key/fob with them.

Apartments are different! Im going to the friggin toilet in work. Mass murderers have 3 other doors to get through that require fob access, plus a full office of people. I'm going for a piss, a fcuking piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Apartments are different! Im going to the friggin toilet in work. Mass murderers have 3 other doors to get through that require fob access, plus a full office of people. I'm going for a piss, a fcuking piss.

Do you announce to the office that you're going for a piss or do people just see an open door and close it?

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Do you announce to the office that you're going for a piss or do people just see an open door and close it?

I usually send round an email beforehand and then I go up to everyone and ask them did they get my email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I usually send round an email beforehand and then I go up to everyone and ask them did they get my email.

Do you take pics of your shíte and email them around afterwards too?

Making commitments on a Sunday when all I want to do is stay in bed.

kfallon wrote: »
    Do you take pics of your shíte and email them around afterwards too?

You know it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

You know when you're lying down and you drop your phone on your face? Well I just dropped my laptop on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

There was one on it. Not sure what happened to it actually.

Crows are clever feckers, they probably took care of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Putin wrote: »

We get woken up by the crows hitting sticks off the crow guard and the sound just goes through the house!!!. Usually from about 5am onwards.

Putin wrote:

Bloody awful creatures!!!

Thankfully we haven't had crows in the chimney but it sounds like they're wearing workboots stomping around on our roof every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

2 women on the bus.

Chatting loudly about ****.

One leaves *mwah mean*

Remaining woman is currently calling EVERYONE IN HER ****ING PHONEBOOK.

Jesus you never guess who I met? Mary!!

Blah blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Soda bread: to check if done, tap base to check for hollow sound.

Oven pizza: ensure base is desired colour.

AND HOW THE F**K AM I SUPPOSED TO CHECK THE BASE?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement