Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Decided to embrace my inner whale and order Domino's. Burnt the entire roof of my mouth and it's so sore :-(

If we hadn't ordered sweet, delicious cookies as well I just don't know if I could go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The bloody tidy towns competition. Had to finally tackle the overgrown hedge out front today to stop the neighbours tut tutting us.
    Fell in to it. Cuts, scrapes and wounded pride.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Menas wrote: »
    The bloody tidy towns competition. Had to finally tackle the overgrown hedge out front today to stop the neighbours tut tutting us.
    Fell in to it. Cuts, scrapes and wounded pride.

Man V Hedge.

eternal wrote: »
    Man V Hedge.

Hedge wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

James Cordon and his increasing levels of success, despite being an annoying cnut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

osarusan wrote: »
    Soda bread: to check if done, tap base to check for hollow sound.

Oven pizza: ensure base is desired colour.

AND HOW THE F**K AM I SUPPOSED TO CHECK THE BASE?

Lol. They don't mean the underside of the pizza, they mean the baked dough upon which the tomato sauce and toppings sit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

tradhead wrote: »
    Decided to embrace my inner whale and order Domino's. Burnt the entire roof of my mouth and it's so sore :-(

If we hadn't ordered sweet, delicious cookies as well I just don't know if I could go on.

I love cookies. I love Dominos. I can't stand Dominos cookies, I find them too thick or stodgy or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Ha Ha. Our doorbell broke about two years ago. Never bothered fixing it. Those who need to get in have my mobile number, the rest can go scratch.

So, no Election canvassers, door to door peddlars, Jehovahs, beggars, chancers, and so on.

Bliss.

My doorbell also broke but then when they ring it and they can hear its not ringing in side, they come to my sitting room window, knock and peer in to see if they can see me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Christy Moore.

Heard him again on the radio this morning, nearly crashed as I dived to get him turned over.

TA that I have nothing to be annoyed about today.

Yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Signing up for a different site.
    "Someone is already using that username" . Every damn one I can think of. Except the cringingly bad ones of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Chipping a nail that I had done last week on a stupid can of 7up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The 2 day hangover. I just hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Clothes shopping. I have to find a smart casual outfit on Wednesday and I hate clothes shopping. I have short legs, so getting trousers/jeans is a bitch and I'm bottom heavy which makes it even worse. Added to all that is almost every top is either sleeveless or has really unflattering sleeve lengths.

Embarrassment. The bin men are early, I could hear them in the distance so I rushed out with the bins, not wearing a bra and met one of my neighbours, I'm not a small chested lady and he'd a big grin on his face.:o

TA that I have nothing to be annoyed about today.

Yet.

And Boom. One phone call and the day has gone to shyte.

I need to move but my kitten is asleep on me and if I move she meows at me angrily!

KatW4 wrote: »
    I need to move but my kitten is asleep on me and if I move she meows at me angrily!

They're good at that.:) I've to put clean bedlinen on our bed and Felix is sprawled up there so it won't get done until he's finished napping. Poppy slaps my hand if I try to get up and she wants attention.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

They're good at that.:) I've to put clean bedlinen on our bed and Felix is sprawled up there so it won't get done until he's finished napping. Poppy slaps my hand if I try to get up and she wants attention.:D

My cat loves it when clean sheets are being put on. She's inevitably waiting for the duvet in its nice clean cover to go over her...!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Foxes having sex in our garden at 3am.

It sound like something is being slaughtered.

• Advertisement

grundie wrote: »
    Foxes having sex in our garden at 3am.

It sound like something is being slaughtered.

When foxes 'have relations' the female traps the male penis inside her. This is what causes the loud noises...its the male screaming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

When foxes 'have relations' the female traps the male penis inside her. This is what causes the loud noises...its the male screaming!

:(

At least he keeps his head. I'd hate to be a male praying mantis. :(

:(

At least he keeps his head. I'd hate to be a male praying mantis. :(

Sitting here...legs crossed...afraid.

They're good at that. I've to put clean bedlinen on our bed and Felix is sprawled up there so it won't get done until he's finished napping. Poppy slaps my hand if I try to get up and she wants attention.

Haha I love cats :D Pepper slaps me too but when I watch a video on my phone. She doesn't like my attention elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This afternoon's homily is on the subject of disabled restrooms, that is, restrooms designed and available for the disabled, as opposed to restrooms that don't work properly for some reason. What was I talking about? Oh yes - I've noticed lately that the disabled restrooms in both the large local hospital and the large local shopping-centre are kept locked, with a sign on the door along the lines of "To use this facility please ask (Security/Management/British Airways) for the key". Now what in the fortified fcuk are we at here? Is life not awkward enough for disabled people without not being able to wander in-and-out of the dunny as they please, like the rest of us? And is it really necessary to mortify them by making them go up to some mouth-breathing latcheyco asking for the key to the restroom so they can use it?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cats do this too, and what's worse the male has a barbed penis!

:eek:

KatW4 wrote: »
    Haha I love cats :D Pepper slaps me too but when I watch a video on my phone. She doesn't like my attention elsewhere.

I have a dog like that, she will jump up on the couch beside you and if you don't look at her she will start to slap you!! Its funny, starts of with gentle slap on the arm but if you continue to ignore her she will actually start slapping your face!

Been waiting for a phone call for an hour and half so can't do any work or leave the house.

BOOM 5,000 posts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Recruiters.

Having found my CV or linkedin profile and scanned it for a few keywords, they then call me up and ask for my entire life story before telling me what the job actually is. And it is not relevant at all.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    This afternoon's homily is on the subject of disabled restrooms, that is, restrooms designed and available for the disabled, as opposed to restrooms that don't work properly for some reason. What was I talking about? Oh yes - I've noticed lately that the disabled restrooms in both the large local hospital and the large local shopping-centre are kept locked, with a sign on the door along the lines of "To use this facility please ask (Security/Management/British Airways) for the key". Now what in the fortified fcuk are we at here? Is life not awkward enough for disabled people without not being able to wander in-and-out of the dunny as they please, like the rest of us? And is it really necessary to mortify them by making them go up to some mouth-breathing latcheyco asking for the key to the restroom so they can use it?? :confused:

I think this could be to do with non disabled people using the toilets and in some cases kids going in and vandalising them - at least that's the reason for it in my local shopping centre

messrs wrote: »
    I think this could be to do with non disabled people using the toilets and in some cases kids going in and vandalising them - at least that's the reason for it in my local shopping centre

I see. Have we actuarial data showing that young pups are more inclined to gravitate towards the disabled restrooms than the others? It appears to defeat the purpose of them straightaway, and reminds me of the way that I can no longer buy Zippo lighter fluid because of a half-dozen badly-reared little shíts. :mad:

retalivity wrote: »
    Recruiters.

Having found my CV or linkedin profile and scanned it for a few keywords, they then call me up and ask for my entire life story before telling me what the job actually is. And it is not relevant at all.

"Yo, bee-yatches. Talkin' 'bout pimpin' since pimpin' been pimpin'!" :pac:

I see. Have we actuarial data showing that young pups are more inclined to gravitate towards the disabled restrooms than the others? It appears to defeat the purpose of them straightaway, and reminds me of the way that I can no longer buy Zippo lighter fluid because of a half-dozen badly-reared little shíts. :mad:

Well in my local SC the disabled toilets are v close to the main shopping area, literally right beside Customer Service, walk through the double doors and the are there on the right hand side - the toilets for the rest of us, continue to walk down a long corridor, then walk up 2 flights of stairs and down another corridor and there they are - so some people been lazy aswell would use the option of the disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ha! I can hear the vixen " you are done when I say you are done!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ha! I can hear the vixen " you are done when I say you are done!" :D
    Proper order too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

reminds me of the way that I can no longer buy Zippo lighter fluid because of a half-dozen badly-reared little shíts. :mad:

The difficultly in buying lighter fluid has gone past TA level
    I got 2 tins of Zippo the other day, yer man said 'the last 2' I assumed he meant last in stock and would be getting more....

Seven Worlds will Collide

The difficultly in buying lighter fluid has gone past TA level
    I got 2 tins of Zippo the other day, yer man said 'the last 2' I assumed he meant last in stock and would be getting more....

These days I have to go right into the very centre of the city, to a shop that also sells Swiss Army knives, fishing tackle, shotguns and rifles. Come to think of it, that's quite an enjoyable little jaunt! :pac:

These days I have to go right into the very centre of the city, to a shop that also sells Swiss Army knives, fishing tackle, shotguns and rifles. Come to think of it, that's quite an enjoyable little jaunt! :pac:

Would you not just use car diesel in your lighter instead of that posh lighter fluid stuff?!

Would you not just use car diesel in your lighter instead of that posh lighter fluid stuff?!

Automotive fuel stinks like hell when burned at ambient temperature and pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when someone brings little stones with them into the house from outside, and they get caught in the door, and you step on them barefoot

Jason derulo's new song has a line '' I got the sheets on the floor'' but every time it comes on, I hear ''I got the sh!ts on the floor'' cue images in my head of Jason derulo's explosive diarrhoea all over the floor :0

when reading a book and your thoughts wander from the pages, so you have to reread certain parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My name! It is spelled one correct way and that is what is on my birth-cert! That is it!
    How databases are supposedly correct and accurate in this country is a mystery to me when people cannot copy over the spelling of a name correctly!

I don't, seriously don't care where you work! You spelled it wrong. I corrected you. I sent in forms with the correction also. You do not, do NOT have any right to deliberately ignore the right spelling of my name and start you own variation for your own amusement!
    ^^^ One sure fire way to get my back up! Don't care where you work. You were corrected in different ways.

Learn to read & spell. That would be a good way to have accurate and correct databases in this country.
    kerry4sam

I've been doing some planting and now I feel like I've got stuff crawling on me, even though I know there isn't anything. Trivial annoyance, feeling like you've been infested after doing some gardening.

I've been doing some planting and now I feel like I've got stuff crawling on me, even though I know there isn't anything. Trivial annoyance, feeling like you've been infested after doing some gardening.

I hope you have your bra on!!!!!

I do.:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The FAI brought back Shay Given but not Trappatoni.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Pumpkin, from this day forth, you shall be known as Charlie Dimmock:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Pumpkin, from this day forth, you shall be known as Charlie Dimmock:D

I could give her a run for her money. :D

I'll probably piss people off with this one, but it's never stopped me before:D I just read an article about a 101 year old woman that spent 25 hours on a trolley after having fasted in order to have a scope:confused: Is it just me or is performing something as intrusive as an endoscopy/colonoscopy on a 101 year old woman just fcuking ridiculous. she's on borrowed time as it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

I'll probably piss people off with this one, but it's never stopped me before:D I just read an article about a 101 year old woman that spent 25 hours on a trolley after having fasted in order to have a scope:confused: Is it just me or is performing something as intrusive as an endoscopy/colonoscopy on a 101 year old woman just fcuking ridiculous. she's on borrowed time as it is.

If she's 101 then this must be her first time in an Irish hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

kerry4sam wrote: »
    My name! It is spelled one correct way and that is what is on my birth-cert! That is it!
    How databases are supposedly correct and accurate in this country is a mystery to me when people cannot copy over the spelling of a name correctly!

I don't, seriously don't care where you work! You spelled it wrong. I corrected you. I sent in forms with the correction also. You do not, do NOT have any right to deliberately ignore the right spelling of my name and start you own variation for your own amusement!
    ^^^ One sure fire way to get my back up! Don't care where you work. You were corrected in different ways.

Learn to read & spell. That would be a good way to have accurate and correct databases in this country.
    kerry4sam

Sure they're only breaking data protection laws - like anybody takes them seriously...

For those of you who, like kerry4sam, are subject to such ignorant-incorrect-name-spelling remind the "perpetrators" that they could be liable for damages under the Data Protection Acts which requires them to ensure data held about you is to be kept accurate, complete and up-to-date. If they don't change it then you can claim you've suffered damages, which extend to "mental distress", regarding this inaccurate info - ha!

---> https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/A-Guide-for-Data-Contollers/696.htm#5

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement