Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

When iTunes just won't get album artwork for some albums even though the spelling is exactly the same as the iTunes store version

Getting hit by your own item in Mario Kart (banana skins are actually the most annoying item in MK)

When you never have enough money for anything, everything feckin thing has to be saved for.

In the evening the sun shines right in my room, all you see is shadows of a hundred birds, drives me demented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Somebody posted something about a character in Game of Thrones before I watched the new episode, and I guessed from the context what it was.

She's not even my friend, she tagged someone I'm friends with in a goddamn Instagram post and shared it on Facebook. I don't know her but now I hate her :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Other people making you late for things. I hate being late!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

kerry4sam wrote: »
    My name! It is spelled one correct way and that is what is on my birth-cert! That is it!
    How databases are supposedly correct and accurate in this country is a mystery to me when people cannot copy over the spelling of a name correctly!

I don't, seriously don't care where you work! You spelled it wrong. I corrected you. I sent in forms with the correction also. You do not, do NOT have any right to deliberately ignore the right spelling of my name and start you own variation for your own amusement!
    ^^^ One sure fire way to get my back up! Don't care where you work. You were corrected in different ways.

Learn to read & spell. That would be a good way to have accurate and correct databases in this country.
    kerry4sam

Have the same problem, actually got told in one place that I'm spelling it wrong!! Its my name, I think I know how to spell it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

When someone takes FOREVER to answer their phone, and you have to listen for ages to their annoying ringtone. I am on the bus, lady next to me took ages to root in her bag to find her phone, then stared at the screen, then eventually decided to answer it. Then I am treated to lots of..... 'wha' 'ya', 'can't hear ya' etc. Then lots of 'bye bye bye'. I also learned that she is wrecked. And so am I after being woken up by her annoying ring tone. I am a bit grumpy today. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

Today and Tomorrow not being Saturday and Sunday.

Hate being stuck in the office when the weather outside is so nice and it's to end before the weekend!

Being too much of a baby to ask my boyfriend's mum a favour. She would do anything for me but I still can't ask! Ugh I hate being like this.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Being too much of a baby to ask my boyfriend's mum a favour. She would do anything for me but I still can't ask! Ugh I hate being like this.

could you drop hints? Like say I must ask boyfriend to do this for me, or I need X done and think ill have to ask one of the girls in work - then see if she offers........

messrs wrote:
    could you drop hints? Like say I must ask boyfriend to do this for me, or I need X done and think ill have to ask one of the girls in work - then see if she offers........

I could do but really I need to just ask outright haha. I've known her for 4 and a half years, you'd think I'd be ok asking at this stage!

I hate feeling like I'm annoying someone :(

• Advertisement

I could do but really I need to just ask outright haha. I've known her for 4 and a half years, you'd think I'd be ok asking at this stage!

Id be the exact same as you - I would do anything for anyone (within reason!!) never mind helping people out ect but when it comes to me needing a favour from someone - well I can never bring myself to ask!

Just do it!! bite the bullet and ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just ask her! Be some craic tho if you ask and 15 mins later someone posts here saying, "TA that my son's girlfriend asked me to do her a favour :mad:"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

You know when you put something down somewhere, and think to yourself, "That's a really stupid place to put it, I'll never find it there when I next need it." But then you just leave it there anyways.

And then when you end up ripping the place apart looking for it later, you can remember thinking that it was a really stupid place to leave it - but you can't remember where that stupid place was.

Yeah, that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Much as I'm a fan of the fine weather and all, trivially annoying are some of the ladies who are letting it all hang out! I let it go earlier this morning when one woman bent over in front of me giving me the full show of her natty looking thong peeking out from the waistband of her leggings, but just now - woman in front of me displaying the equivalent of builders crack... at least the other woman was wearing underwear!

*shudder* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

People who pronounce the word cliquey as 'clicky'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Much as I'm a fan of the fine weather and all, trivially annoying are some of the ladies who are letting it all hang out! I let it go earlier this morning when one woman bent over in front of me giving me the full show of her natty looking thong peeking out from the waistband of her leggings, but just now - woman in front of me displaying the equivalent of builders crack... at least the other woman was wearing underwear!

*shudder* :(

And if you go near a beach, the men wearing the grey/white football shorts, Italia 90 t-shirt with brown shoes. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

bonzodog2 wrote: »

How do you pronounce it? :confused:

I've been trivially annoying my whole life. :( Not just full on annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The warm weather has brought out that peculiarity of many Irish males, wearing black socks with white trainers, I'm shuddering just thinking about it. It's even worse when paired with booty shorts, gentlemen, just because your mammy bought you those shorts when you were in primary school is no reason to wear the same style when you're over 12, it's not a good look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

How do you pronounce it? :confused:

I've been trivially annoying my whole life. :( Not just full on annoying.

Cleeky

kfallon wrote:
    Just ask her! Be some craic tho if you ask and 15 mins later someone posts here saying, "TA that my son's girlfriend asked me to do her a favour "

Haha I asked and she helped me out. Best woman ever! (apart from my mum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Americans who say 'Nitch' instead of 'niche'

• Advertisement

Disgusting creepy men. My boyfriend's parents have a guy here to paint the house. They asked me to come down and stay with bf's mum because she feels uncomfortable around him. Straight away I got a bad vibe from him.

Roll on to this evening and he walks in asking where bf's sister is. "She would be out making me tea all day, not like Kat over there doing nothing". I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was your personal tea maker for the day. Also it was first time I sat down as we were working all day. Ignorant p****.

And he keeps looking down my bf's mum's top. Disgusting old man.

Sorry for the rant but he has made my skin crawl all day. He's back tomorrow :( more TA's then I'm sure.

Disgusting creepy men. My boyfriend's parents have a guy here to paint the house. They asked me to come down and stay with bf's mum because she feels uncomfortable around him. Straight away I got a bad vibe from him.

Roll on to this evening and he walks in asking where bf's sister is. "She would be out making me tea all day, not like Kat over there doing nothing". I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was your personal tea maker for the day. Also it was first time I sat down as we were working all day. Ignorant p****.

And he keeps looking down my bf's mum's top. Disgusting old man.

Sorry for the rant but he has made my skin crawl all day. He's back tomorrow :( more TA's then I'm sure.

You should tell him he's being paid to paint, not drink tea. I remember when we were staying with my father in law for a few months in England, there were some guys upgrading the central heating and we had to go out while they took the asbestos out. When we came back later that day I opened the fridge to put some stuff in and they'd put their lunches and soft drinks in:eek: I was fricking appalled at the cheek of it.

You should tell him he's being paid to paint, not drink tea. I remember when we were staying with my father in law for a few months in England, there were some guys upgrading the central heating and we had to go out while they took the asbestos out. When we came back later that day I opened the fridge to put some stuff in and they'd put their lunches and soft drinks in I was fricking appalled at the cheek of it.

:O making themselves at home! Absolute cheek. Did you yell at them?

I hate people who make themselves at home. No matter how long I know someone, I would never do something in their house without asking.

I didn't say anything to him, just gave him a dirty luck. I won't hold my temper in tomorrow if he starts it up again!

:O making themselves at home! Absolute cheek. Did you yell at them?

I hate people who make themselves at home. No matter how long I know someone, I would never do something in their house without asking.

I didn't say anything to him, just gave him a dirty luck. I won't hold my temper in tomorrow if he starts it up again!

I did kick off about it. They were working all over the house and it freaked me out wondering what else, if anything, they were up to while we were out. I don't even feel comfortable opening the fridge in my parents house without asking, even though my mother gets annoyed at me for asking. She says it makes it sound like I'm a stranger in the house. :D

I'm just about to order a gift for Mr P's nieces' baby, it's her first birthday next week. Trivial annoyance, I haven't spoken to the little tramp since she was the cause of a family rift over Mr P's 40th birthday 5 years ago. I don't take it out on the kids, we send her little boy birthday and Christmas presents, so we can't not do the same for her. I still feel a bit peeved about it, petty I know, still if I didn't remind him Mr P would forget these things. I don't know why I bother, my name is mud already with his lot.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

When you apply for a PhD in England and they only offer maintenance grants to UK citizens. Racist bastards :p

I have a packet of Jelly Tots. Just the normal small packet, which incidentally weighs 42g, according to the packaging.

The nutritional information on the packet is given in terms of "per 100g" or "per 13 sweets".

Who the fuck exactly is going to count out a 13 sweet "portion" of Jelly Tots?! Idiots. Just give the nutritional information for the packet, that's all anyone cares about.

(I don't even care how many calories etc are in it, but the way the information was given just annoyed me!)

When your bra is uncomfortable but you're in company and can't adjust it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That ad for Roisin Ingle - making her looks like some wonderfully deep and serious writer, when her pieces are fluffy nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

osarusan wrote: »
    That ad for Roisin Ingle - making her looks like some wonderfully deep and serious writer, when her pieces are fluffy nonsense.

Thank fúck I'm not the only one. Drives me nuts the way the Irish Times keeps putting links to her shítty podcast at the start of articles.

• Advertisement

When I've eaten red onion and then I can smell it on my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

iphone covers with a hole in them so you can see the apple logo. :/ Such wankery!

When your bra is uncomfortable but you're in company and can't adjust it!

When one is "dressed" to the wrong side, and in company and you cant re-arrange the furniture, so to speak.:D

Orange Smarties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Blue flies getting in the house the minute I open the door or window, also the fact it's so hard to kill them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Orange Smarties

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I have no will power.:( I've just finished making homemade potato salad and I had to force myself to put down the spoon and put the salad in the fridge. I could have just stood there shovelling it down my throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Orange Smarties

Ah, the orange ones are my favourite ! I remember getting an Orange Smartie Easter egg from my Uncle as a child, I've never forgotten it. It was the one and only time I've seen one :(

It drives me mad when I'm posting or texting, and I keep hitting the letter beside the one I want. It makes me feel like I have a big, cumbersome thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 YouWotM8

People walking in and out of work in maxi dresses telling me "it's a shame I'm working on a day like today.."

• Advertisement

I hate the way people play music way too loud during nice weather. It doesn't matter whether you're sitting in your garden enjoying the sun or if you have the windows open to let some fresh air in, there's always at least one fcuker blasting some Godawful crap music. A few minutes ago it was something like Enigma meets classical, whatever it was it was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

More bus TA. Girl opposite me on bus has just pulled out a burger and is munching away. The smell of onions and ketchup is yeuk.
    I like to eat burgers, but i dont like the smell on the bus. Don't know why! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I hate the way people play music way too loud during nice weather. It doesn't matter whether you're sitting in your garden enjoying the sun or if you have the windows open to let some fresh air in, there's always at least one fcuker blasting some Godawful crap music. A few minutes ago it was something like Enigma meets classical, whatever it was it was horrible.

It's so annoying! The neighbours that live behind us blast music all weekend and on certain evenings when the weather is nice. The most terrible thing about it is most of our neighbours are very old and it's like a feckin concert out the back.

Or hammering! Alway some mindless fcuker hammering. And every time you think he has stopped, he just starts again two mins later!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

When you're takin a pi$$ in a field on a calm day with no wind, then BOOM... out of nowhere comes hurricane fheck!n katrina! lol

Still, I'm a dude... it could always be worse! :P

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Or hammering! Alway some mindless fcuker hammering. And every time you think he has stopped, he just starts again two mins later!!

Or power tools. The past couple have weeks have seen an increase in the number of male neighbours investing in petrol mowers and strimmers for very small patches of garden. Seriously, I'm begining to suspect their women must be very unsatisfied in the bedroom department. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Being selected for a paye revenue audit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When you're takin a pi$$ in a field on a calm day with no wind, then BOOM... out of nowhere comes hurricane fheck!n katrina! lol

Still, I'm a dude... it could always be worse! :P

I lol'd :D well played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That Vodafone ad with that fella singing, piss off already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was on the train at the weekend, and a gaggle of teens got on, all excited to be off on their weekend to wherever they were going, but my God the noise of them.

I am by no means a coffin dodger myself and I'm not a killjoy either, but these twits were fake laughing all the way down to the West of Ireland; sipping their Budweisers and generally being pains in the bumholes.

One of them whipped out a burger he'd bought from Heuston Station..he whipped it out at ATHLONE..the stink of onions and ketchup made me want to throw up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

My mother getting me a piercing voucher as a gift a while back and now complaining that I have used it. Like what? :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement