Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

galljga1 wrote: »
    The point swimming was making is that you will be catered for regardless of insurance. No waiting list for cancer care.

Yes that's it, I always thought there was not waiting list for cancer care but it made me doubt myself. A very misleading advert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

People who put your change on the counter when your hand is outstretched.

If it's good enough for you to take money out of, you can bloody well put the money back into it.

Fair enough if either party is busy during he exchange and money gets put in the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fcukwits, again. I got woken in the early hours by drunken fcukwits starting a house party down the street and I had to close the bedroom window and swelter in the humidity all night. Pisses me off so much as Thursday night is the last night before each weekend were I can leave the window open. Friday through Sunday nights I have to put in ear plugs and shut the window, hoping that fcukwit and pals next door will feck off somewhere else and not have a fricking party. Bunch of wan*ers.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Slugs. It must be the time of year for the annual invasion of the slugs. Wee slimey bollixes have been eating their way thru my plants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I swept the floors till I broke a sweat. Yet when I start mopping, sly, sneaky bits of dirt materialised all around. Also the squeezer part of the mop bucket kept lifting up with the mop every time. By the time the dog has been in, and the little one has spilt juice or something it will be like it was never cleaned anyway. I hate housework. Nobody ever notices what's done anyway. The only thing that gets me through are the thoughts of my next life in which I will live in a mansion and have cleaners. I'm too good for this sh1t :)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Menas wrote: »
    Slugs. It must be the time of year for the annual invasion of the slugs. Wee slimey bollixes have been eating their way thru my plants!

Please dont use slug pellets.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Please dont use slug pellets.

Oh? Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

dump him and dump Netflix!

I wouldn't dump him :O 4 and a half years gone over Netflix? No chance!!!

I spray a bit of WD40 around the rim of the plant pots, the snails fall off and can't get to the plants, also wrapping an inch wide strip of tin foil around the pots works really well too and doesn't harm animals/birds.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When I go to jump out of the car but the strap of my bag is caught in the handbrake and I practically dislocate my arm:mad: Happens me all the time ffs

• Advertisement

Oh? Why not?

Because birds and hedgehogs then eat the slugs, and in turn are also die, horribly.

Slugs traps re a much better idea, imo.

KatW4 wrote: »
    My boyfriend deciding what to watch on Netflix all of the time :(
    I wouldn't dump him :O 4 and a half years gone over Netflix? No chance!!!

"Would you not just be quiet and watch the film?":D

The head is wrecked. Indian person speaking too fast to me. I am too polite to ask him to slow down.... No idea what he has said to me!

"Would you not just be quiet and watch the film?":D
    Grabs popcorn:D Always wanted to say that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

The head is wrecked. Indian person speaking too fast to me. I am too polite to ask him to slow down.... No idea what he has said to me!

You're allowed two repititions and then you sink or swim :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Packaging that's ridiculously hard to remove/open. Just spent the best part of 10 minutes trying to 'activate' a bottle of squeezy soap.. you know, where you have to twist the top in a certain direction and the thing pops up and you can use it. Only the damn thing wouldn't pop up. :( I got it eventually though.

Also annoyed by the huge amount of temps in work right now due to fiscal year end. There are just too many people around, it's noisy and the toilets are a mess!

Colser wrote: »
    When I go to jump out of the car but the strap of my bag is caught in the handbrake and I practically dislocate my arm:mad: Happens me all the time ffs

I often try to get out of the car without taking off my seatbelt. So annoying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I sometimes wonder how Michael Douglas didn't batter Karl Malden in "The Streets of San Francisco" for every time Karl Malden calls him 'buddy boy', every bloody time, 'buddy boy' this, 'buddy boy' that... I'd be driven spare! :pac:

Speaking of being driven spare - school sports day today and I had volunteered to help them out with supervision and what not. Most of the children were great, but there's always one or two brats, had to shout at one young lad to put down the rock just as he was winding up to let fly through a window, he near shat himself before he composed himself and comes out with "You're not a teacher!"...

Whatever we're paying teachers, it's not enough to have to put up with mouthy little brats like that! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I know how much people using the term 'my other half' grates me (been there, done that), but just been reminded of the existence of 'my better half'. Argh!!!

Adults who allow teenagers to drink. A large group of teens passed our house earlier, most of them carrying slabs of beer/cider and talking about the party they're having later and getting stoned etc. They all look about Leaving Cert age, so presumably their parents are letting them get drunk tonight to celebrate the first week of LC being over, then again it could just be soemone's birthday. I don't get it, it's ridiculous carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I know how much people using the term 'my other half' grates me (been there, done that), but just been reminded of the existence of 'my better half'. Argh!!!

What's worse speaking in the collective i.e "we like to do this...", "We like to do that...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

miezekatze wrote: »
    Packaging that's ridiculously hard to remove/open. Just spent the best part of 10 minutes trying to 'activate' a bottle of squeezy soap.. you know, where you have to twist the top in a certain direction and the thing pops up and you can use it. Only the damn thing wouldn't pop up. :( I got it eventually though.
    I've a set, a friend gave to me as a thank you, lovely, fancy containers, one for soap, one hand cream. One of these days, I will win the battle to get them open.
    73Cat wrote: »
    I often try to get out of the car without taking off my seatbelt. So annoying :(

Yes, I've tried that too. It doesn't work :D for me anyway.

What's worse speaking in the collective i.e "we like to do this...", "We like to do that...."

Yes, in situations where it is not even relevant especially!

And, like, you ask somebody where they're going, or what they're doing, or are they off on holidays etc... and the answer is 'we're going to xxxx'.

No, I asked about you. You are an individual human being. You may have another person going with you. You may even be in a relationship with that person. But I asked about you, and 'I am going to xxxxx' works just as well, thank you very much...

I hate that expression, 'my better half'. It sounds like your balls/tits are in a vice and are never getting out.
    Some people seem to lose the concept of individuality once they sleep with the same person more than twice!

eisenberg1 wrote:
    "Would you not just be quiet and watch the film?"

I'm not quiet :D

Whatever we're paying teachers, it's not enough to have to put up with mouthy little brats like that! 

Thank you!!!

People who complain about every little thing especially when it's about a service someone you know has done. It was perfect for everyone else except the seriel complainer. Ugh so annoying.

The newest one seems to be "We are pregnant"..mother of God just cop on ffs..:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

All those news stories about the "head transplant": they're not planning to replace the head, only the body, so it'll be a "body transplant".

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

The smell of slurry in our room :( worst thing about living in the countryside.

The smell of slurry in your room, when you don't live in the countryside....:pac:

The newest one seems to be "We are pregnant"..mother of God just cop on ffs..:mad:

Ha! So are "we" going to suffer hours of labour pains, or a c section ? It's worse when the woman says it :(

People who complain about every little thing especially when it's about a service someone you know has done. It was perfect for everyone else except the seriel complainer. Ugh so annoying.

Used to work with someone like that. 'Maybe it's just me, but...' (Subtext: you plebs would think this was okay, unlike special old me) :mad:...

I think some people think it makes them sound like they are used to SO much better, when probably the opposite is the case.

LynnGrace wrote:
    I think some people think it makes them sound like they are used to SO much better, when probably the opposite is the case.

This is it exactly! These people think they are better than everyone. The type of people who look you up and down when they meet you. But they're just rude and not many people like them.

This is it exactly! These people think they are better than everyone. The type of people who look you up and down when they meet you. But they're just rude and not many people like them.

That was exactly what that person used to do. And while she had good points, she was actually rude. One of those 'I speak my mind' types, and if that meant running some poor devil, who didn't deserve it, into the ground, she didn't care, because she was just 'speaking her mind'. :(

I think I would vomit on the first gib****ento say that to me!

Are "we" going to be in labour as well?

• Advertisement

I think I would vomit on the first gib****ento say that to me!

Are "we" going to be in labour as well?
    Im afraid not eisey but what I wouldnt give to see a man in labour:D no offence lads but ye really get the easy peasy part of pregnancy..:(

People whose facebook profiles are just them constantly sharing advertisement competitions with you.

Go away. Glad I have few of these as friends, and hide most of them from newsfeed.

Im afraid not eisey but what I wouldnt give to see a man in labour:D no offence lads but ye really get the easy peasy part of pregnancy..:(

None taken Colser, the one time I was inside in the delivery room, I realised why it's not a good idea to be in there unless you have any business in there!

I'd much rather have been standing outside with a cigar, than inside in the delivery room wearing a white shirt when the nurse asked me did I want to hold the baby... I looked at the baby, then at my shirt, then at the nurse and thought, "****!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

TA that I have no idea what on earth the dental plan! thread is about. The first post is "Lisa needs braces" and it has 703 thanks.. Is it literally just a place where people post Simpsons quotes? Someone enlighten me please :pac:

TA that I have no idea what on earth the dental plan! thread is about. The first post is "Lisa needs braces" and it has 703 thanks.. Is it literally just a place where people post Simpsons quotes? Someone enlighten me please :pac:
    thank God Im not the only one..I was too embarrassed to ask :pac:

• Advertisement

TA that I started doing weights again, after a long time, and seem to currently have the strength of an 8 year old girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

TA that I started doing weights again, after a long time, and seem to currently have the strength of an 8 year old girl.

Yeah but 8 year old girls are tough! :-)

They sure are, and competitive too! :D

The sports day yesterday I was expecting a bit of rough and tumble with the lads, but the girls were equally rough! The amount of times I had to tell them wait until I get out of the way when I was throwing in the hockey puck, and then the obstacle course I was putting back up the obstacles, and I'd say if I didn't get out of the way in time I'd have been trampled! :eek:

They sure are, and competitive too! :D

The sports day yesterday I was expecting a bit of rough and tumble with the lads, but the girls were equally rough! The amount of times I had to tell them wait until I get out of the way when I was throwing in the hockey puck, and then the obstacle course I was putting back up the obstacles, and I'd say if I didn't get out of the way in time I'd have been trampled! :eek:

Mmm, I should pick a better analogy.

On a similar theme, the expression 'fall pregnant' has always annoyed me. It sounds as if someone accidentally tripped on an erect penis, while wearing no knickers. :D

On a similar theme, the expression 'fall pregnant' has always annoyed me. It sounds as if someone accidentally tripped on an erect penis, while wearing no knickers. :D

:D:D And then having to explain to your parents!

"There I was, walking along minding my own business, when I tripped and fell on this huge, erect penis. And every time I thought it was out, it slipped in again. Several times. And now I am up the duff"

:D:D:D
    Be careful Pumpkin..we already know you go braless.keep those knickers on;)

Most stupid expression ever! (I like your explanation of it though :D, never knew that was what it meant :D) ;)

:D:D And then having to explain to your parents!

"There I was, walking along minding my own business, when I tripped and fell on this huge, erect penis. And every time I thought it was out, it slipped in again. Several times. And now I am up the duff"
    Why is it always the girl has to explain those "falls":(
    Nothing about the fella that was handcuffed and shackled to a bed before being attacked with a kebab :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Reminds me of one of my favourite West Wing quotes:

Sam: About a week ago I accidentally slept with a prostitute.
    Toby: [pause] Really?
    Sam: Yes.
    Toby: You accidentally slept with a prostitute?
    Sam: A call girl.
    Toby: Accidentally?
    Sam: Yes.
    Toby: I don't understand. Did you trip over something?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement