Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA people taking things way too literally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Waking up in the middle of the night with itchy eyes and mouth and a runny nose. I'm actually hoping for a nice day of rain soon at this point, it's been too long and my hayfever is getting really bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Tea in a paper cup in a certain McDonalds is €2. Tea from a pot in the McCafé part of the same McDonalds is only €1.70, and you get refill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was talking to a friend of a friend last night and somehow i brought up Beyonce and he made out that he'd never heard of her! I don't care how emo or cool you think you are, you must be living on another planet if you've never hear of her. She may not be everyone's cup of tea (mine included) but it's hard not to know who she is. If you own a tv/laptop/have ever read a magazine you would absolutely know who she is.
    I was describing her saying "ya know yer one, crazy in love, jay z's wife, destiny's child bla bla".. He was like "sorry I have no idea who that is". At this point I just stopped talking to him cos I was thinking you're such a stupid ejit get over yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Everyone thinking Mariah Carey is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

fiachr_a wrote: »

She looks white to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

fiachr_a wrote: »

She certainly doesn't look African-American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Girls who wear high heels and leave the price sticker on the sole of the shoe.

Even worse when they've obviously made a half ar$ed attempt to peel it off.

Feffing wreaks my head.

BTW I'm male

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A nice sunny day spoiled by the smelly armpit brigade.

Mankbags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A nice sunny day spoiled by the smelly armpit brigade.

Mankbags!
    How close are you getting to peeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    How close are you getting to peeps?

Too bleedin close!

Not by choice though. You know when you are on a queue, and the smelly ones kinda keeps moving closer to you, even though the queue is not moving, closer and closer, all the while that disgusting mushroomy stale seaweedy stink invading your nostrils, and making you feel faint.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Getting charged more for the same lunch depending on who is serving at the till.

Actually brought it up with the girl today and she looked at me as if I was the devil ( even though I very politely and quietly said it). €2 extra a day amounts to a lot when you're getting your lunch there everyday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

redbel05 wrote: »
    Getting charged more for the same lunch depending on who is serving at the till.

Actually brought it up with the girl today and she looked at me as if I was the devil ( even though I very politely and quietly said it). €2 extra a day amounts to a lot when you're getting your lunch there everyday. :(

The canteen at our work is notorious for this. Sometimes, even the portions are smaller. Sucks to be paying more for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Having a night out planned but my arse seems to be perma-stuck to the sofa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The fact that Ice T is black, yet he seems whiter that a lot of white people

http://cdn.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2010/11/ice-t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Got spectacularly drunk at the neighbours house, whom I just met. Will never be able to look at them again. Thank god I was not alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Off the drink for very valid reasons, still make it my business to go to all family and friend nights out . Being treated like a frrrreak cause I'm not horsing alcohol into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

"Can I ask you a question?" : Has anyone ever said no to this? You can ask, but I may not answer.

"Words cannot describe" : Yes they can, there's a whole feckin bunch of em who exist just to describe things.

When you're reading a Stephen King novel and its aliens again.

When you're reading a murder mystery and they withhold a piece of evidence from the reader which is only revealed as the guilty party is being condemned by the protagonist- giving you no opportunity to figure it out for yourself.

When you're on a night out and someone doesn't ask before taking 500 selfies with you.

When a bartender puts the change on the counter instead of into your hand.

when the toast pops and the kettle is no where near boiled

people who pet your dog on the road without asking first ( I've a German Shepherd and he's a bit flighty, scary when you see someone stick a hand out to him)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Found a phone today, it was left in public place. Looked round for owner. No sign.

Oh well, thinks monocle, they'll probably call and suck my ass with pleas and thanks.

Phone eventually rings ... accusatory tone like I robbed it ... 'Who's this' etc ... I'll drop it into such and such place says i, OK.

2 mins later, Phone rings again ... Where are you.

Oh the temptation.

• Advertisement

Hipsters.
    Lad in the pub last night. Black slip on shoes. No socks. Legs of his jeans rolled up. Blue blazer.

Its just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    Hipsters.
    Lad in the pub last night. Black slip on shoes. No socks. Legs of his jeans rolled up. Blue blazer.

Its just wrong.
    Why didnt you wear something else so?:p

Colser wrote: »
    Why didnt you wear something else so?:p

Last time I was referred to as a 'lad' MC Hammer was top of the Hit Parade.:(

Someone trying to make me read something tiny on their phones when I don't have my glasses on. You know I can't see, why insist on forcing me to squint my eyes to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

KatW4 wrote: »
    Someone trying to make me read something tiny on their phones when I don't have my glasses on. You know I can't see, why insist on forcing me to squint my eyes to see it!

Worse is having something read out to you (ok sometimes I do need help with reading but still), it's the having it read out to me when I have no interest in it, like celebrity news or a passage from a book or something, I might be trying to read my own stuff and then my wife or work colleagues or friends will just come out with the latest news or something they find interesting, and then I've lost my concentration, and if I don't give them the appropriate "yeah, that's really interesting, fascinating, etc", they get all moody. No matter how many times I tell them I don't want to know, they never seem to want to listen, and then they tell me I don't want to listen. Correct, I don't, only I shouldn't have to say it for the zillionth time! :(

This happens to me all the time...when I was out last night I just pretended I could see what someone was showing me on their phone..It actually pisses me off when people pull out their phones to show you stuff and the conversation stops..its like you have to ooh and aah at boring ****e..probably better off not having your glasses on tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Colser wrote: »
    This happens to me all the time...when I was out last night I just pretended I could see what someone was showing me on their phone..It actually pisses me off when people pull out their phones to show you stuff and the conversation stops..its like you have to ooh and aah at boring ****e..probably better off not having your glasses on tbh...

I think the solution to this is; when the phone is handed to you,

go into the settings and immediately change the language settings to the most obscure font(ed) language you can find!!

either that, or go and start deleting important information (tad harsh), or better still edit the names of contacts to the likes of Batman, Free Drugs, a naughty time etc...

pretty soon people will stop handing you their phone to look at stuff.

in my opinion it's fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Returning clothes to a shop & looking forward to having the few extra bob in your pocket as cash is tight.
    Browsing on the way to the customer service till end up forking out more money than the original item.

I'm such a weak individual 😂

My mother not listening to what I say in the first place and making me repeat myself!

My mother not listening to what I say in the first place and making me repeat myself!

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Blue-bottles that sound like an aggressive Honda 50.

Blue-bottles that refuse to exit the room via the wide open window which is right in front of them.

Blue-bottles are the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

mud wrote: »
    Blue-bottles that sound like a aggressive Honda 50.

Blue-bottles that refuse to exit the room via the wide open window which is right in front of them.

I'll see your blue-bottles and raise you mosquitoes. One flew up at me out of the kitchen sink this morning, bitey little bas*ard.:mad:

Opening the bedroom curtains and the first thing I see is my bitch neighbour and her husband sitting in their back garden, nothing wrong there. What is annoying is that the company she works for closes for 2 weeks every summer and if the weather is good she and the husband will be sat in their front garden from about 8am til the afternoon when they'll switch to the back garden and be there til the sun goes down, there's no fricking escape from them or the gazillion loud relatives that will drop in all day. Can't remember if it's July or August it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

After drinking Carling last, the farts today are toxic.
    Watching Mad Men here, close to the very end of it, raging that it's over.
    Getting grief for wanting to sit in and watch telly on a lovely sunny day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Opening the bedroom curtains and the first thing I see is my bitch neighbour and her husband sitting in their back garden, nothing wrong there. What is annoying is that the company she works for closes for 2 weeks every summer and if the weather is good she and the husband will be sat in their front garden from about 8am til the afternoon when they'll switch to the back garden and be there til the sun goes down, there's no fricking escape from them or the gazillion loud relatives that will drop in all day. Can't remember if it's July or August it happens.

I feel your pain there. I have neighbours who sit in the front garden outside my bedroom every evening in the summer till near midnight. Not much fun when i have a 6:30 alarm every morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    After drinking Carling last, the farts today are toxic.
    Watching Mad Men here, close to the very end of it, raging that it's over.
    Getting grief for wanting to sit in and watch telly on a lovely sunny day.

Could possibly be related :pac:

Just hang your arse out the window or something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

My. Laptop. Is. So. Slow. To. Boot.

Boot you bA$tArD. Boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Blue bottles that dive bomb you when you are having a nap on the sofa :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'll see your blue-bottles and raise you mosquitoes. One flew up at me out of the kitchen sink this morning, bitey little bas*ard.:mad:

Wasps. Wasps are the worst creature on the planet (well, at least in Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

On a similar theme, the expression 'fall pregnant' has always annoyed me. It sounds as if someone accidentally tripped on an erect penis, while wearing no knickers. :D

Here in Wexford they refer to a pregnant woman having the child 'for' someone, when talking about the father (don't know if it's widespread but I never heard it in Dublin/Meath).

'Did you hear Jacinta is pregnant?'
    'I didn't even know that she was going out with someone, who is it for?'

Always struck me as a bizarre turn of phrase, like she's doing him a favour or something.

Awkward situations. Having tea with the relations I haven't spoken to properly since by dad died 14 years ago. I hate stupid small talk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When you ask someone how far a certain place is and the say, "about 20 minutes." I asked how far, now how long it takes to fecking get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

Blue-bottles that activate at dawn and wake you fecking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Here in Wexford they refer to a pregnant woman having the child 'for' someone, when talking about the father (don't know if it's widespread but I never heard it in Dublin/Meath).

Always struck me as a bizarre turn of phrase, like she's doing him a favour or something.

Where I live they say "she's pregnant to him", which I find really strange. Surely "pregnant by him" makes more sense.

The stench of festering dog poop in the heat. We went for a walk this afternoon in a popular dog walking area, the stench was atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

On a similar theme, the expression 'fall pregnant' has always annoyed me. It sounds as if someone accidentally tripped on an erect penis, while wearing no knickers. :D

I have to admit that I love to read trashy magazines like 'Take a Break' and the stories always follow the same formula, 'we met and it was a whirlwind romance, we moved in together and two weeks later I'd fallen pregnant, we had our first child in June, then in July I'd fallen pregnant again....'. As if it is just something that happens to you without any involvement with anyone else, they must all be immaculate conceptions :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

I had a mosquito fly out of my fridge this morning, I mean seriously wtf!!!

Yes I am not alone!!
    I find it so odd
    Like she is doing him a favour as you say, or is a surrogate!!

Shes having it for Georgie Burgess:D

Sunday drivers. I thought they were a thing of the past but we met a few today. Doodling along doing 50 on a 100kph road.....not a bother on them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement