Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I have to admit that I love to read trashy magazines like 'Take a Break' and the stories always follow the same formula, 'we met and it was a whirlwind romance, we moved in together and two weeks later I'd fallen pregnant, we had our first child in June, then in July I'd fallen pregnant again....'. As if it is just something that happens to you without any involvement with anyone else, they must all be immaculate conceptions :pac:

I think that magazine is gas! One story was about "Margaret", 19 with three kids ona rare night out, meets Jim, 53 year old divorcee in the pub, talks for half an hour and then goes back to his place and rides him and is now up the duff. She says " I mean, I hardly know him"

Correction, you don't fcuking know him.

And you get fifty quid for telling the nation your lovely story:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I think that magazine is gas! One story was about "Margaret", 19 with three kids ona rare night out, meets Jim, 53 year old divorcee in the pub, talks for half an hour and then goes back to his place and rides him and is now up the duff. She says " I mean, I hardly know him"

Correction, you don't fcuking know him.

And you get fifty quid for telling the nation your lovely story:D
    I caught me fella sleeping with my mothers brothers wifes dads neighbour...FFS and we still read it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went for a lovely walk with my boyfriend, the two dogs and one of the cats. We went through the fields where he cut the grass for hay.

I'm dying with hayfever :( nose, eyes, lungs it's all killing me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have to admit that I love to read trashy magazines like 'Take a Break' and the stories always follow the same formula, 'we met and it was a whirlwind romance, we moved in together and two weeks later I'd fallen pregnant, we had our first child in June, then in July I'd fallen pregnant again....'. As if it is just something that happens to you without any involvement with anyone else, they must all be immaculate conceptions :pac:

I hate this too!
    But regarding Take a Break, ever notice, in the story you're reading, it'll say something like:

"I left my home at Rosepark Drive, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire to meet him".
    Why give us the fcuking address?!
    Or the narrative will be something like:

"Fancy a cheese sandwich?" I smiled.
    You smiled?!
    How's that possible?
    My Mam and I have great laughs acting out those, i.e

"Will you pass me the ketchup?" she chortled. "Sure" he guffawed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When your neighbour wants to talk to you but after you've exchanged pleasantries, you've got that awkward silence where nobody knows how to end the chat.

It's why I hate chatting to my neigbours..don't get wrong, they're all lovely and I'm blessed to have them, but when we've chatted about the weather being glorious and how so-and-so down the road's having new windows put in, there's that awkward bit where we've nothing left to say, but we're both too polite to just say "Right, bye."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

mud wrote: »
    Blue-bottles that sound like a aggressive Honda 50.

Blue-bottles that refuse to exit the room via the wide open window which is right in front of them.

Blue-bottles are the worst.

And then when you enlist help and you're all ready to take out the little fecker. The little blue-winged fúcktard goes into stealth mode and can't be found.

Meanwhile we all wait in vain.....:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Reading threads "last" and then reversing < am I Arabic ?

The iPhone 4 is such a small screen and so slow my eyes bleed reading it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Deranged96 wrote: »
    "Can I ask you a question?" : Has anyone ever said no to this? You can ask, but I may not answer.

"Words cannot describe" : Yes they can, there's a whole feckin bunch of em who exist just to describe things.

When you're reading a Stephen King novel and its aliens again.

When you're reading a murder mystery and they withhold a piece of evidence from the reader which is only revealed as the guilty party is being condemned by the protagonist- giving you no opportunity to figure it out for yourself.

When you're on a night out and someone doesn't ask before taking 500 selfies with you.

When a bartender puts the change on the counter instead of into your hand.

[B]when the toast pops and the kettle is no where near boiled [/B]

people who pet your dog on the road without asking first ( I've a German Shepherd and he's a bit flighty, scary when you see someone stick a hand out to him)

I can never get the timing right on this one, not just TA, actually very annoying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Here in Wexford they refer to a pregnant woman having the child 'for' someone, when talking about the father (don't know if it's widespread but I never heard it in Dublin/Meath).

'Did you hear Jacinta is pregnant?'
    'I didn't even know that she was going out with someone, who is it for?'

Always struck me as a bizarre turn of phrase, like she's doing him a favour or something.

where Im from - oh who is she doing a line with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

When you go for the toilet roll and it rips lengthways instead of tearing off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

My neighbours house alarm went off 5 times last night. :( It kept waking me up. I really hope they'll have it looked at, it also went off a few times the previous night. Our houses are also very close together and from the outside it's hard to tell which house the noise is coming from.. so I'm also a bit annoyed that some neighbours might be annoyed with us about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 josephineperry

When I need to take the underground then the train stops, and there is a queue of people in front of me, I see a free seat from outside the train but these people in front of me are soooo slow that the seat gets taken by someone else who got in using the door next to mine. Grrrrrr hurry up!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA at people cracking Volvo jokes! (You know who you are!) I have a volvo...but like a cool sexy one.

Menas wrote: »
    TA at people cracking Volvo jokes! (You know who you are!) I have a volvo...but like a cool sexy one.
    Thats awful..very insensitive of them..each to their own and all that..maybe you could put them on your ignore list to lessen your TAs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Menas wrote: »

Which ones annoy you the most - the slightly dotty antique dealer ones, the blind middle-aged twat ones, or the somewhat crude but no less impressive "Vulva"? :D

Did someone say something?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Which ones annoy you the most - the slightly dotty antique dealer ones, the blind middle-aged twat ones, or the somewhat crude but no less impressive "Vulva"? :D
    No need for that jim..as stated each to their own;):D
    I hate this Monday morning feeling..just cant get going at all..off work and loads to do but kinda stuck in a frozen peed off kinda zone:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It's nice out but my office is cold. And I'm bored. And I just ate my lunch and I'll be hungry later.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

People posting very specific TAs that can't be related to generally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

I have a headache....I think it's making me grouchy :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

People posting very specific TAs that can't be related to generally.

I had a moment like that this morning alright, wasn't sure was it something that could be related to generally or specifically, which was damn TA in itself :o

Basically when you call someone in for a chat and before I even opened my mouth, they admitted something which was much worse than the thing I was going to chat to them about! :pac:

I couldn't say anything then as I felt so bad for them :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Queue skippers! Was stood behind a guy last Saturday while he spent literally aaages filling in his lotto slip. I needed to use the pen otherwise I wouldn't have waited behind him. He only had the one slip as well. Christ he was slow.

Then he proceeds to walk to the head of the queue and skips about ten people waiting in line. It really annoys me when people skip and it equally annoys me when nobody complains to the person for skipping. I went straight up to him and said "excuse me the queue starts this way", and he took his place behind me. Its so bloody cheeky, like we are gonna say "oh off ya go there aren't ya lovely, sure we're all just lining up here for the craic!"

anna080 wrote: »
    Queue skippers! Was stood behind a guy last Saturday while he spent literally aaages filling in his lotto slip. I needed to use the pen otherwise I wouldn't have waited behind him. He only had the one slip as well. Christ he was slow.

Then he proceeds to walk to the head of the queue and skips about ten people waiting in line. It really annoys me when people skip and it equally annoys me when nobody complains to the person for skipping. I went straight up to him and said "excuse me the queue starts this way", and he took his place behind me. Its so bloody cheeky, like we are gonna say "oh off ya go there aren't ya lovely, sure we're all just lining up here for the craic!"
    I agree..I always say it to them too:D Just like the muppets that try and squeeze into a car lane..not a hope will I let them in,as for the people that do... :mad::mad::mad:

If there is one thing that will get me shouting and ranting in public it is queue skippers. I hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Automatic air fresheners - the kind that gives a squirt every 5 minutes or so.
    In the office, during the week, fine. But on Monday morning, when nobody's been in the bog for two days and there's absolutely no ventilation, the atmosphere is barely breathable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Kids running around in supermarkets and it's only going to get worse over the summer. Why dafuq do they need 3 months holiday? It's ridiculous.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

When you don't rinse lunchboxes, eating utensils and your food tastes of washing up liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Buying a car!

"Is it worth my driving for an hour to view it" I said
    "Oh yes, it's a lovely car" he said
    "9 out of ten, it is" he said
    "Best example of this model/year in Ireland"'he said
    "Genuine car, one owner, warranty" he said

I went and viewed it

"Shove it up yer hole" I said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Kids running around in supermarkets and it's only going to get worse over the summer. Why dafuq do they need 3 months holiday? It's ridiculous.:mad:

This has its roots in various archaic reasoning to do with school building ventilation, the belief that the poor little waifs weren't able for a full year of school, the fact that in the old days half of them didn't turn up anyway, the requirements of farm-work, and last-but-not-least the emergence of a new and Teachery middle-class who increasingly wanted to ape their betters by spending the Summer big-game hunting in The Gambia. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I spent quite a bit of time staring at the letters 'TA' which kept cropping up in this thread, it's embarrassing how long it took me to realise that it was an abbreviation for 'Trivial Annoyances', which is a trivial annoyance in itself :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

When you're next in the queue in the supermarket with people behind you... you thought the person in front looked like trouble but the queue was shorter but it's all going well so far... nearly scanned all the items... and you see the checkout girl reaching for the phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

It's not holidays that are needed, but more spaying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I spent quite a bit of time staring at the letters 'TA' which kept cropping up in this thread, it's embarrassing how long it took me to realise that it was an abbreviation for 'Trivial Annoyances', which is a trivial annoyance in itself :o

Welcome to the club, do come in, there are many of us here.

Having long legs. They don't fit in small cars or under tables and they stick out too far from the chair I'm sitting on. I just can't seem to find a place for them where they are out of the way.

Sometimes I wish I was shorter but then other times I love being tall. I can't make up my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Waking up in the morning and your mouth feels like you drank a litre of sand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

KatW4 wrote: »
    Having long legs. They don't fit in small cars or under tables and they stick out too far from the chair I'm sitting on. I just can't seem to find a place for them where they are out of the way.

Sometimes I wish I was shorter but then other times I love being tall. I can't make up my mind.

I'll have your long legs ! I'd kill sometimes to be willowy and elegant. I hate sitting on chairs and my legs are swinging like a child. I do this thing where I try to compensate by bending my feet back the way , but it gives me cramps. I drive on top of the steering wheel and hope I'm never smothered with the airbag :(. It was handy last Halloween though, I had a witches hat on going out with the little one, and I got sweets too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Jack Grealish for Ireland. Why would he want to play for our bunch of no-hopers? He'll never play in a major tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Oh that's fine Mr bus driver plear just drive on even though. I had my hand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

One last annoyance for the day. I'm house sitting these past few weeks for my sister and her husband. I came home today to find his mother had let herself in and taken all my washing that I had on the radiators and hung them out to dry, like all my underwear and everything! Am I right to be a little annoyed by that?!

When your washing stinks of the neighbours bbq smoke. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The OH squeezes and squirts far too much cleaning products when cleaning up. Only a small bit is needed!
    Best not to complain as she's the one cleaning! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Really annoys me. I call them on it too. I love the 'pretend you think everyone else is so stupid' effort whereby someone walks in, sees a long queue, and walks straight to the desk. Yes, the rest of us are just having a little stand here, don't you know.

I was in Marks and Spencers one evening, returning something, and there is a long couch to sit on, while waiting. It was very busy so everyone sat down. There is no mistaking that it is the queue though. People are still in a row, there is a rope alongside, and the whole lot. The only difference is people can sit, instead of standing.

But of course, someone arrived, attempted to walk straight to the desk, then belatedly asked 'is this the queue'. No, we are just sitting here gazing at the staff doing their jobs.

I was relieved when my GP finally employed a receptionist as until that point the queue jumpers had a nasty habit of loitering in the corridor and making a dash in to the doctor as soon as the previous patient came out of the room while everyone else sat in the waiting room. A couple of times I spotted it and greeted them with a loud 'I don't fcuking think so':mad: Sometimes you just have to publicly embarrass them and most people prefer to avoid a scene, so they get into the habit of jumping the queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Just noticed that lots of my plants in the garden have aphids and spittlebugs on them :( so frustrating! I lost a good few of them a few years ago thanks to a massive infestation, it nearly put me off gardening altogether. I hope I caught it early enough this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

When you cut the grass and it looks lovely, then a few days later it has feckin grown again. Full of daisies too. Hate that.

I get so narky when it grows so fast. As if I'm going to cut it every week.

Huge bloody garden too, so I am totally fekked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lucyfur wrote: »
    It's nice out but my office is cold.

You know something is very seriously wrong if Satan is feeling the cold.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I've been having the same conversation with the same person every damn day and it's really getting on my t1ts. "What did you do today? What are you doing tonight?" Are they tracking my movements or what?

I made a trap to catch fruit flies and the little f*ckers aren't taking the bait. They are the bane of my life right now. F*cking flying in my face, landing on food I'm preparing dancing on the dishes as I'm putting them on the draining board. And the spiders I've given free reign to aren't eating them!

This impatient b1tch stood right up my arse when I was picking bread in the shop, it took me 2 seconds but she still felt the need to tut and invade my personal space.

I've been trying to drink more water and I've been yo-yoing to and from the bathroom.

I broke ANOTHER glass and forgot to get more in the shop today.

I scalded my knee when I was carrying a pot of tea.

I haven't had the opportunity to rant on this much lately. Sorry - build-up :p .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The PM function on boards sending to early :mad:

I'm too excited to sleep! Going to London in the morning to visit my friends from the school I worked in and to see my best friend. I can't sleep and I have to be up in 4 hours!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm too excited to sleep! Going to London in the morning to visit my friends from the school I worked in and to see my best friend. I can't sleep and I have to be up in 4 hours!!!

Maybe switching off the internet might be a good start?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement