Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm too excited to sleep! Going to London in the morning to visit my friends from the school I worked in and to see my best friend. I can't sleep and I have to be up in 4 hours!!!

That sounds LOVELY have a great time :)

Yeah I need to sleep too!

Nite xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Game of Thrones spoilers. Some of us have not yet seen this season...but the newspaper seem to be full of spoilers.....spoiling it for me!

And Poxy showers, can I add that to the list? In a nice hotel at the moment, lovely room and facilities. But the shower is like something from 1976. Weak assed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

NIMAN wrote:
    Maybe switching off the internet might be a good start?

I was only on it because I couldn't sleep! Got a few hours after but not enough :(

That sounds LOVELY have a great time 

Thank you :) I'm super excited!

Sitting in the airport trying not to be sick. Don't know if it's my fear of flying or that I'm not well. Worst feeling ever when you're off somewhere for the day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

I was relieved when my GP finally employed a receptionist as until that point the queue jumpers had a nasty habit of loitering in the corridor and making a dash in to the doctor as soon as the previous patient came out of the room while everyone else sat in the waiting room. A couple of times I spotted it and greeted them with a loud 'I don't fcuking think so':mad: Sometimes you just have to publicly embarrass them and most people prefer to avoid a scene, so they get into the habit of jumping the queue.

There is nothing like the feeling of triumph when you publically embarrass a queue-jumper and make them do the walk of shame down to the back of the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Every.fecking.Abba.song!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Overestimating how long it will take to get somewhere and having to wait for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Menas wrote: »
    Game of Thrones spoilers. Some of us have not yet seen this season...but the newspaper seem to be full of spoilers.....spoiling it for me!

Trivial annoyance that GOT season finale was very 'meh'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tuesdays....meh!

• Advertisement

Clothes shopping. Gotta go buy a pair of trousers today, given that I'm a bottom heavy lady it's depressing and frustrating. The fact that I've got short legs just makes things worse.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

And Poxy showers, can I add that to the list? In a nice hotel at the moment, lovely room and facilities. But the shower is like something from 1976. Weak assed!

Then you have the other end of the spectrum. You turn on a shower and your skin is nearly washd off by a jet of high powered lava.:(

Going to great lengths to avoid someone and BOOM you see them when you least expect it and awkward eye contact happens ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

Weirdos on facebook again! FREAKS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Clothes shopping. Gotta go buy a pair of trousers today, given that I'm a bottom heavy lady it's depressing and frustrating. The fact that I've got short legs just makes things worse.:(

Can't recommend F&F by Tesco highly enough.

Go online, they've got everything you're looking for, in small sizes right up to 22 or something like that.
    They've got different length trousers too and if you're not happy with the item when it arrives, you just take it back to your local Tesco shop to get a refund.
    It's brilliant!

Forever 21 is good too. They're online also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you're the only guy in a room of girls and someone farts, you automatically get blamed for it as you're the only guy in the room and all the girls give you the evils even though it wasn't you. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The Saturday gone, things just closed down to watch a pretty average quality football match between Scotland and Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Having to go to work. Boo-urns indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

"Somebody" spilled rice krispies on the kitchen floor this morn & never swept up... crunch crunch on the tiles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Samsgirl wrote: »
    "Somebody" spilled rice krispies on the kitchen floor this morn & never swept up... crunch crunch on the tiles...

Was it you? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

kfallon wrote: »
    Was it you? :P

It's always SomebodyElse or ItWasn'tMe

Then you have the other end of the spectrum. You turn on a shower and your skin is nearly washd off by a jet of high powered lava.:(

I was washing my hair this morning and when I put the shower head in the bath it flipped around and soaked me, as well as the walls and floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    It's always SomebodyElse or ItWasn'tMe

Twas my darling husband!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Samsgirl wrote: »

My wife did that yesterday and I just saw it last night because the cat was sniffing around the cereal. I said to her ''Did you enjoy your snack?'' and she says ''oh I did, I had cereal hours ago''. Well thanks for leaving the crumbs all over the floor. I've left them there so now it is a battle of wills to see who will clean it up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nothing worse than getting a phone call at the wrong time. I have a brother who seems to have an innate sense of the worst times to ring me. About to tuck into some nice grub and he rings me. Stuck on the bog and he rings me. Game of Thrones just starting and oh look, he's ringing me again :mad:. It wouldn't be so bad if you could get him off the phone quickly, but with him, 15 minutes is a quick call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nothing worse than getting a phone call at the wrong time. I have a brother who seems to have an innate sense of the worst times to ring me. About to tuck into some nice grub and he rings me. Stuck on the bog and he rings me. Game of Thrones just starting and oh look, he's ringing me again :mad:. It wouldn't be so bad if you could get him off the phone quickly, but with him, 15 minutes is a quick call.

Is that you Larry Duff?

1 of our cats is cheating on us with at least 1 neighbour. He's only just showed up after being gone since 6am and isn't hungry enough to eat the food with his medication in it.:mad: I don't blame him really, he gets loads of fuss from whoever he visits, gets to be the centre of attention with treats and doesn't get bitch-slapped by the other 3 cats.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Was told for the first time ever in my life today that I've lost a lot of weight and I look great.

I'm 5'8 and a bit under 11 stone. And I haven't lost any weight so now I'm feeling very self-conscious :(

1 of our cats is cheating on us with at least 1 neighbour. He's only just showed up after being gone since 6am and isn't hungry enough to eat the food with his medication in it.:mad: I don't blame him really, he gets loads of fuss from whoever he visits, gets to be the centre of attention with treats and doesn't get bitch-slapped by the other 3 cats.:rolleyes:

You need to get one of those cat cams...that you attach to his collar. You will find out about their infidelity, and more, that way.

• Advertisement

You need to get one of those cat cams...that you attach to his collar. You will find out about their infidelity, and more, that way.

We've got a supply of collars in a drawer as he's got a knack of getting rid of them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

1 of our cats is cheating on us with at least 1 neighbour. He's only just showed up after being gone since 6am and isn't hungry enough to eat the food with his medication in it.:mad:

I hate to break it to ya, but all Cats are the sluts of the animal world.

Our 4 were all abandoned and 3 just showed up in our garden 1 by one over the years, 1 was left in the car park of an apartment complex when her humans moved away and didn't want her anymore. I think once they've been let down by humans once they like to have a back up home waiting. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA that when I'm trying to read important emails on my work iPhone, I can read the first sentence in the inbox (preview) view, but when I actually go into the email to read it, it can take minutes for the email to load up to read!!! And rather than displaying what text is available, I get to look at a spinning loading icon!

It's only a bloody 2 sentence email (response to a previous email anyway)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Still trying to figure out why I was placed where I am. I've no head for this area, no head for it. I said in the interview I don't have experience.
    My name took 6-days to fix and with no apology either! They messed up the spelling on my name ; I then get told, yes told, "sur it's only two letters swapped around, won't that be okay!" How many ways is there to say 'NO!'? How many ways is there to say 'Only one way to spell me name and that's the way I completed my application form and the contract forms'. No you don't get to start making up names because you screwed up when copying over. No apology and 6-days to fix <- sounds more deliberate than accidental to me right now.

I despair at times,
    kerry4sam

Surely I can't be alone in thinking Bloomsday is a load of old horse sh*t? I can't decide which is worse, the dreary poetry reading for Yeats' anniversary last week or the ridiculous dramatics of Bloomsday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

When you have to sign something in a shop and the girl takes a pen out of her ponytail or bun. I feel weird holding the pen. I know it's a great place to put it and it never gets lost, but meh

Surely I can't be alone in thinking Bloomsday is a load of old horse sh*t? I can't decide which is worse, the dreary poetry reading for Yeats' anniversary last week or the ridiculous dramatics of Bloomsday.

Doomsday keeps senator Norris out of politics for a day. That can't be bad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The type of twat who dresses up for Bloomsday is one of the same types of people who drove Joyce to leave the country permanently. What they really want is to have an Edwardian fancy dress party in the style of Brideshead Revisited for which this (non) occasion gives them an excuse.

So true. The ultimate manipulators. I remember in my Leaving Cert year chilling out one Saturday in an old flames gaff. The family cat was friendly enough when it suited of course. Anyway, the Dad of the house comes home at lunchtime. The cat hops of the couch pleading for food and promptly gets feed.

To make a long story short, over the next 4-5 hours, the Mum, brother and younger sister all came home and ended up feeding the cat. Because on every occasion, the cat leapt from the couch pleading to be fed.

That afternoon, that sneaky manipulator of a cat, dined on a selection of cat food, freshly caught trout and salmon. So when he finished stuffing down his last feed, I gave him an appropriate look. Of course being a cat, he returned the compliment and left the room. It was a fatal mistake on my part. Because when I went to collect my jacket from my girlfriends room, it was drenched in cat piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ever since I posted about that dopey Hostelworld ad on TV, I have an ad for it on every Boards page,taunting me to meet the world for€3 per night :(

• Advertisement

So true. The ultimate manipulators. I remember in my Leaving Cert year chilling out one Saturday in an old flames gaff. The family cat was friendly enough when it suited of course. Anyway, the Dad of the house comes home at lunchtime. The cat hops of the couch pleading for food and promptly gets feed.

To make a long story short, over the next 4-5 hours, the Mum, brother and younger sister all came home and ended up feeding the cat. Because on every occasion, the cat leapt from the couch pleading to be fed.

That afternoon, that sneaky manipulator of a cat, dined on a selection of cat food, freshly caught trout and salmon. So when he finished stuffing down his last feed, I gave him an appropriate look. Of course being a cat, he returned the compliment and left the room. It was a fatal mistake on my part. Because when I went to collect my jacket from my girlfriends room, it was drenched in cat piss.

It's important to ensure from the start that you know that the feline overlords are in charge. Pissing on your coat is his way of marking you as his bitch letting you know he considers you part of his family.:D

2 things
    walked into work without make up just looking like ****.

"are you ok? Are you ill? You look very sick"

No I'm just not wearing makeup.

Then the CEO walks in. "Hi Pew how are you?"

Every time he sees me he catches me on a day where I have no makeup, dress casually and look like I haven't showered for days.

Every time he has ****ing seen me.

**** sake

Chatty taxi drivers.
    Got in to the airport last night after a long day. Wrecked tired.
    Taxi driver decides to try to convert me to his Marxist ways....it was a long 40 minute journey.

Being ill on holidays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

The way Carzone always sorts search results "By Description (A-Z)". Why would I want my results in alphabetical order? Am I a big fan of the letter A or something??
    Sort the result by price you idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Chatty taxi drivers.
    Got in to the airport last night after a long day. Wrecked tired.
    Taxi driver decides to try to convert me to his Marxist ways....it was a long 40 minute journey.

There are fewer things I hate more than making small talk, it is just painful and you know that the other person is as disinterested as you are. I despise going to the hairdresser because I'm usually there for at least two hours getting my hair dyed and I know that it is going to be two hours of tedious conversations about nothing, that's why I buy 'Take a Break' (there's no chance I'm looking at fashion magazines for two hours) before I go in to the salon and I try to bury my nose in it before anyone can strike up a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

franer1970 wrote: »
    The way Carzone always sorts search results "By Description (A-Z)". Why would I want my results in alphabetical order? Am I a big fan of the letter A or something??
    Sort the result by price you idiots.

:confused:

you can tweak your search. for example to look for Toyota only...or even further specify "Corolla", then price, mileage etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

If I see one more "Find out if you are an introvert or an extrovert!" quiz online, I swear to god!!

Newsflash: NO ONE CARES!

People trying to define themselves using an internet quiz, jesus wept.

That's my TA.

It's important to ensure from the start that you know that the feline overlords are in charge. Pissing on your coat is his way of marking you as his bitch letting you know he considers you part of his family.:D

I'll tell you something better, I saved that feckers life. A neighbour down my road, had planned on drowning their six kittens. I couldn't stomach such cruelty, so I found a home for all six kittens.

I'm not even a cat fan, I'm a dog man. And that's the gratitude I got, him píssing on my jacket months later :(. Now if my Germans Shepherds could read (and I suspect they can), I'd probably be looked on with contempt, stripped of pack leader status and cast out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This new thing on Facebook and Instagram where everyone now thinks they are some kind of style icon/fashion blogger and post pics of their outfits all the time. I really do not care about your €13.99 New Look skirt please spare me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement