Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Doctor's waiting rooms, hate them! The most anxiety producing and impatience-filled places in the world. Everyone has to pick a spot on the wall to stare at so that they can avoid awkward eye contact - or flick through the out-dated magazines or look at their phones. People cough and tut and twitch their legs abd tap their fingers and toes. The doctors and receptionists can be heard talking in the hallway and everyone is dying for someone to come in and call their name. The room is stuffy beyond belief and claustrophobic and when the door is finally opened everyone leans forward to gulp for the fresh air that comes in. They glare jealously at the people who get called. It's actually a relief to get out of there and make small talk with the doctor :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Trying to watch a show online only the player keeps halting and doing the annoying circle of insanity thing in the middle of the picture. If this doesn't stop then I'm just not going to watch Humans after all :( I've tried reloading and pausing it for a few minutes but the same sh1te keeps happening. I just shouted aloud at the screen, I rarely do that! And I live alone and haven't spoken to anyone else yet today so the sound of my own shouty voice just shocked me.

T to the m-f'in A!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I hate stupid articles like 100 Books you must read, or such like. Fair enough I may have read some, but I'll pick the books I want to read thanks, and if I read the article it would only make me not want to read any of them just to be awkward. I'm not going to feel devastated if I don't read them! It's the same with stupid videos on Facebook "guaranteed to make you smile / cry/ whatever". I won't watch them because I won't feel something because I'm told I will. I'm feeling fierce stubborn today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Heinz beans snap pots. love the beans out the tin, but these snap pots never have enough sauce inside meaning the beans are often dry, hard and bland, even after the microwave. tins all the way. TA further that someone brought them home today instead of the tinned beans I like. im not even properly annoyed, just like 'meh, don't like them, prefer the other ones''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

It's been mentioned before, but those ads on spotify sure are annoying! I used to listen to the 'radio' on it but they never seem to change the songs on the channels I used. I don't want to listen to the same songs over and over again.

I've run out of bananas so I have to go shopping tonight :( I'm in a really bad mood today and just want to go to bed, but I'd be even more annoyed about not having any bananas tomorrow! I may just have to check out the dessert aisle too while I'm there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

Short stumpy Heineken pint glasses. Hate the ****ing things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

neris wrote: »

Go on......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

neris wrote: »

It's not the length, it's the girth that counts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The fact that Ireland (the south) is the only country in the world where Heineken is sold on tap and in cans/bottles and it's only 4.3%,
    And everywhere else it's 5% and doesn't actually taste too bad, in Ireland it (the 4.3%) tastes like pi$$.
    There are a few places that sell 5%, but they are in the minute minority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What was the logic at Heineken with that one?

"We must produce a weaker version of our lager for those Irish, cos we know they aren't big drinkers".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

NIMAN wrote: »
    What was the logic at Heineken with that one?

"We must produce a weaker version of our lager for those Irish, cos we know they aren't big drinkers".

I just cannot drink the 4.3% stuff, it's horrible and gives me heartburn,

The 5% though, give me a bottle of it anyday!!! Luckily I bought 4 cases of 5% up the North a while back and still have a few left (not a big drinker anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

I just cannot drink the 4.3% stuff, it's horrible and gives me heartburn,

Same here. I find that 4.3% beer cuts the guts out of me, usually followed by a hangover. But anything 5% or above and I'm absolutely fine.

Picked up a hot baking tray earlier, burned fingers and thumb, ran under cold water for about 20 mins but still sore :mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

kfallon wrote: »
    Picked up a hot baking tray earlier, burned fingers and thumb, ran under cold water for about 20 mins but still sore :mad: :(

Have you a tomato in the gaff? If so, slice it and lay it on the burned bits. It's most effective if you can get it on straight away but even now it will bring you some relief. Nasty! I stuck to the inside of an oven door once. Worst!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA at trying to find a decent dishwasher that does not require you to have a degree in pressing buttons to operate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

I inherently dislike having to boil my dishcloths...

mud wrote: »
    Have you a tomato in the gaff? If so, slice it and lay it on the burned bits. It's most effective if you can get it on straight away but even now it will bring you some relief. Nasty! I stuck to the inside of an oven door once. Worst!

No cos i hate tomatoes! Hopefully it'll be ok in a couple of hours! I'm some tit :mad:

Reached past my kettle yesterday to turn off a wall socket and roasted the inside of my forearm from the jet of kettle steam. Very bloody painful and it looks like a Third degree burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Fill a glass with cold water (doesn't have to be very cold) and rest your burned fingers in there for a couple of minutes at a time. This worked for me last week, brought me a lot of relief. I also put Sudocrem on the burn.

Anything with Aloe Vera in it is great for burns too, in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

Reached past my kettle yesterday to turn off a wall socket and roasted the inside of my forearm from the jet of kettle steam. Very bloody painful and it looks like a Third degree burn.
    Ouch hope it gets better!
    Gwyneth Paltrow advises women to steam their vaginas.

• Advertisement

DareGod wrote: »
    Fill a glass with cold water (doesn't have to be very cold) and rest your burned fingers in there for a couple of minutes at a time. This worked for me last week, brought me a lot of relief. I also put Sudocrem on the burn.

Anything with Aloe Vera in it is great for burns too, in my experience.

have the sudocrem on them, will try the water again in a bit! how long before you were grand again?

ta that I now have to type with my left hand! :pac:

Cheers.

RE:Paltrows advice, I'd love to see how she manag..........actually no, I'd rather not.

have the sudocrem on them, will try the water again in a bit! how long before you were grand again?

ta that I now have to type with my left hand! :pac:

I didn't treat it right away, I waited about twenty minutes because I was busy, so it was sore for a good few hours, and then a blister kind of developed for a couple of days.

If you've any creams or anything with aloe vera in it I would rub some on, that has always helped me a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Beeped going through security at the airport today so I was searched. They took my shoes and then this woman started to search me. I wasn't too impressed when she out her hand inside my waistband. They were very rude too. I'm a nervous flyer as it is!

KatW4 wrote: »
    Beeped going through security at the airport today so I was searched. They took my shoes and then this woman started to search me. I wasn't too impressed when she put her hand inside my waistband. They were very rude too. I'm a nervous flyer as it is!

:eek:

:eek:

I know! I couldn't believe it!!!! She had a good old feel so what did she think I was hiding :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Medusa22 wrote: »
    There are fewer things I hate more than making small talk, it is just painful and you know that the other person is as disinterested as you are. I despise going to the hairdresser because I'm usually there for at least two hours getting my hair dyed and I know that it is going to be two hours of tedious conversations about nothing, that's why I buy 'Take a Break' (there's no chance I'm looking at fashion magazines for two hours) before I go in to the salon and I try to bury my nose in it before anyone can strike up a conversation.

Hairdresser's TA me so much that now I cut my own hair.
    Menas wrote: »
    TA at trying to find a decent dishwasher that does not require you to have a degree in pressing buttons to operate.

My parents bought a top of the line dishwasher a few years ago. I forget the brand name but it has all kinds of options and it's completely useless. Plates and cups never come out clean. On the other hand, I have an older (I think) Whirlpool that is utterly magnificent. I literally fúck in dishes, cups, saucepans with food burnt to the bottom any old way at all. No rinse aid, no salt. Tesco Value Dishwasher tables. Run it on the quickwash 40C cycle and the whole lot comes out sparkling clean in about half an hour. Fantastic contraption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

The AIB "Brave" voice is back - ear-bleeding. "I'm so soft and delicate and in pain and about to cry, and have a bit of a contrived American twang". Pretentious central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The AIB "Brave" voice is back - ear-bleeding. "I'm so soft and delicate and in pain and about to cry, and have a bit of a contrived American twang". Pretentious central.

Oh God that ad gives me the gawks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

I wasn't too impressed when she put her hand inside my waistband.

Sorry, what airport was that again?

* urgently prepares to buy a flight ticket *

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Oh God that ad gives me the gawks

I'm not familiar with this voice, is it a TV or radio ad?

I'm not familiar with this voice, is it a TV or radio ad?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0CQ67HtHldk

Yeah....I'm happy enough not being brave if it means another hour or two in bed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

There's a new ad now, and her voice has just gotten worse.

She can shove her 'brave' up her hole anyway as far as I'm concerned :P

Sorry, what airport was that again?

* urgently prepares to buy a flight ticket *

London Stansted :p enjoy being felt up ha!

I know ya but I couldn't find the recent one on the old YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

London Stansted :p enjoy being felt up ha!

Is it bad that I was expecting either that or Luton as the answer there?

TA'd that I've ended up having to book flights leaving through LTN and returning through STN in July for a family christening because Aer Lingus and BA wanted absolutely silly money that weekend :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

She can shove her 'brave' up her hole anyway as far as I'm concerned :P

"Ask us today how we're backing brave, in branch, on the phone..."

I think I will ask them the next time I call and refuse to get off the phone until I get a satisfactory answer.

• Advertisement

I don't think AIB know what "brave" means.

Getting up and going to work in the morning is not "brave."

And that girl talking over the ad sounds like a sleepy Bosco.

"Shock Horror - National Bank Are Morons"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Getting up and going to work in the morning is not what it means.

Brave definitely isn't charging bank fees of 60 euros four times a year. Thieving bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Getting up and going to work in the morning is not "brave."

"Shock Horror - National Bank Are Morons"

Listening to that advert I would be nearly sure thats Fiona O'Shaughnessy who played Jessica Hyde in Utopia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm used to having the office to myself until 9 in the morning. I use this for any labour intensive tasks I need to do (no phones ringing or loud people in the vicinity so it's easier) and if it's quiet, coffee and Boards. :D

New colleague likes to start at 8.30 meaning I have to make small talk before my coffee's even finished.... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I'm used to having the office to myself until 9 in the morning. I use this for any labour intensive tasks I need to do (no phones ringing or loud people in the vicinity so it's easier) and if it's quiet, coffee and Boards. :D

New colleague likes to start at 8.30 meaning I have to make small talk before my coffee's even finished.... :mad:

I hate that. You're going to have to slip some equine laxative in his coffee to take him out for an hour or so. :D

Aglomerado wrote: »

Some people do not understand that some of us are not ready for human interaction until about 15 minutes after our first caffeine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Did she say why? Is it to get the creases out?:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Did she say why? Is it to get the creases out?:D

There are so many reasons we could speculate about, most likely to get us banned!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jimgoose wrote: »
    I hate that. You're going to have to slip some equine laxative in his coffee to take him out for an hour or so. :D
    Some people do not understand that some of us are not ready for human interaction until about 15 minutes after our first caffeine!

Colleague's lovely. But I just want to be left ALONE.....!

I'll talk when I'm ready.

On a similar note, I walked into work this morning wearing my headphones - Afro Celt Sound System blasting away - and as I clocked in I heard someone call my name. I'm quite aloof at work and I don't pay much attention to people around me, but if someone calls my name I'll respond.

I took out my headphones and turned to face her.

Turns out she was calling someone with a similar name to me who'd walked past. :mad:

There are so many reasons we could speculate about, most likely to get us banned!!:D

"Oi! Quit it, people make tea with that, you know!!" :pac::pac::pac:

During the Isle of Man TT this year, Bruce Anstey's Heroic Beard(TM) annoyed me considerably. He's going around with a big "Manly" spacer head on him like Brian Blessed gone badly wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement