Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate when people over-use their car horns. It's not necessary to blow your horn if there is a string of traffic in front of you. It's not like the force of your horn is going to magically blow the cars out of your way :p .

I do like it when there's a wedding and people are beeping to celebrate the happy event, it's nice. I don't like it when two cars are driving around together, beeping back and forth, as if they're communicating in Morse code. And it isn't nice to beep incessantly at all hours of the day and night. Some eejit was doing it at around 4am this morning. I also hate it when people I know beep at me when they see me out walking. It scares the bejeebus out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

feckin hayfever, my bloody eyes are wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

having the computer/laptop up on high volume, you're quietly scrolling through a page and suddenly a ****ing random video auto plays and scares the ****e out of you before you even have time to see where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Washing ceilings! :mad:

I wish I wasn't so good at it, because then I wouldn't be asked to wash ALL the ceilings. Stupid droplets getting in my eye the whole time, up and down the ladder, scrubbing like a mad thing square by square, it's so bloody tedious :(

But at least it's a nice sparkly ceiling when it's done... easily pleased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I wish I wasn't so good at it, because then I wouldn't be asked to wash ALL the ceilings. Stupid droplets getting in my eye the whole time, up and down the ladder, scrubbing like a mad thing square by square, it's so bloody tedious :(

My bathroom ceiling needs doing please :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wanna come wash my ceiling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Is it bad that I was expecting either that or Luton as the answer there?

Ha probably not! Although I flew through STN every 6 weeks for 3 years and nothing like that happened before.

The other airports are ridiculously expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yep, but as long as the overall cost doesn't go over my psychological hard limit (£120 return for non-Christmas flights to Ireland) I'll happily pay the extra to avoid having to fly Ryanair. The fact that I can get a single train home from Heathrow, even if it takes an hour, is pretty damn sweet, and London City is by far the best one to fly out of.

TA'd at the fact that I'm wearing heels that I've never worn for more than a few minutes before for work today and they are killing my feet :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ahhhhh....that explains the username, you clean with only one eye open! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

KatW4 wrote: »
    Beeped going through security at the airport today so I was searched. They took my shoes and then this woman started to search me. I wasn't too impressed when she out her hand inside my waistband. They were very rude too. I'm a nervous flyer as it is!

That's terrible! sometimes I think they go a bit too far. A few years ago when we were going through security my four year old ran through to her dad and the security person insisted she be searched. She only had a t shirt and shorts on, there was nothing to search, but they searched her. I was disgusted but we were told that we were going no further unless we let them search. They searched a 75 year old nun that day too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Aglomerado wrote: »

On a similar note, I walked into work this morning wearing my headphones - Afro Celt Sound System blasting away - and as I clocked in I heard someone call my name. I'm quite aloof at work and I don't pay much attention to people around me, but if someone calls my name I'll respond.

I took out my headphones and turned to face her.

Turns out she was calling someone with a similar name to me who'd walked past. :mad:

...later that same day...

I was coming back from my walk at lunchtime and went to clock in, again with headphones on. This time a colleague WAS calling me but I didn't hear.
    So I'd gone halfway up the stairs when she tapped me on the back and scared the living SHIT out of me!!!! :(

Why do I make a tit of myself thinking someone is talking to me , and then nearly drop dead when someone actually does talk to me....
    My social ineptitude seems to be increasing the older I get.

Zanablue wrote:
    That's terrible! sometimes I think they go a bit too far. A few years ago when we were going through security my four year old ran through to her dad and the security person insisted she be searched. She only had a t shirt and shorts on, there was nothing to search, but they searched her. I was disgusted but we were told that we were going no further unless we let them search. They searched a 75 year old nun that day too.

That's so bad! The poor little thing. Did they think she was going to whip out a bomb and blow up the airport or something? Ridiculous!!!

My MP3 player battery died and while it's recharging, I plugged the headphones into my phone so I could listen to the radio...

... what song comes on only Beyonce's Crazy in Love.

The "gods" are conspiring against me today. I HATE HATE HATE THAT SONG! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The phrase 'before your time'. It's seems like the person saying it gets pleasure from being older, the same way kids do between the ages 4-7.

"Ah it's before your time bud."

Grrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Passive aggression :mad:

When people would prefer to roll their eyes rather than actually discuss an issue.

Worrrrrrrrrst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Ould wans with pierced ears, who have been wearing the same heavy tacky big gold earrings for the past century or so, so that their earlobes are practically sitting on their shoulders and you can see the long red line going from where the piercing was originally placed, to where it's been dragged down to, so that it's barely held there by the flimsiest shred of flesh that is about to give way at any second.

I had to sit opposite one of those wans this morning for breakfast. And make small talk. I felt physically nauseous.

Especially for you, old lady this morning ...

Forgetting I have mascara on and rubbing my eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

jimgoose wrote: »
    During the Isle of Man TT this year, Bruce Anstey's Heroic Beard(TM) annoyed me considerably. He's going around with a big "Manly" spacer head on him like Brian Blessed gone badly wrong.

Craig Doyle wrecks my head, he may be pretty but he is such a cheeseball. I will stand corrected, but I refuse to believe he has any interest in bikes!
    Wonder did that beard of Bruce's cost him any time:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm pretty sleep deprived today. Can of coke in one hand, half empty ketchup bottle in the other. Shook the wrong thing and boom, coke in my face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sorry, what airport was that again?

* urgently prepares to buy a flight ticket *

Here's a tip, fly from Frankfurt sometime. I was going through security and for some reason, I always set off airport metal detectors. Now I maintain it's the alien implant but nobody ever listens.

Anyway, the metal detector goes off as usual and the blonde, impresive looking German security ladies take me aside and give me a very, very comprehensive pat down.

When they were finished and they gave me the all clear, I was nearly going to pay them.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Here's a tip, fly from Frankfurt sometime. I was going through security and for some reason, I always set off airport metal detectors. Now I maintain it's the alien implant but nobody ever listens.

Anyway, the metal detector goes off as usual and the blonde, impresive looking German security ladies take me aside and give me a very, very comprehensive pat down.

When they were finished and they gave me the all clear, I was nearly going to pay them.

I fly to/from Frankfurt quite often and rarely make it through the detector without it going off, even if the only metal I have on me is my bra. I think they are motion detectors rather than metal detectors. :)

And yes, the pat downs in Frankfurt are very comprehensive and usually involve someone sticking their hand in your waistband. Hate that airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I had a fart at the bus stop....little did I know I wasn't alone. There's some really hot guy behind the shelter.

Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

pew wrote: »
    I had a fart at the bus stop....little did I know I wasn't alone. There's some really hot guy behind the shelter.

Ffs

Apt username! Peewwwww:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Spending ages looking for hairband/gogo/hairtie/bobbin (/whateveryouwannacallit, depending on local dialect), only to find one, and then have it snap as you try to tie your hair up with it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Plastic glasses in bars. Now I know they serve a safety purpose, but they're fricking horrible. On the plus side we had a great time seeing Dara O'Briain at Vicar Street last night, even though the place was as hot as Hell.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Leaving disgusting leg/pit/ball/head hair in the shower after using, even though you know someone else is going to use it (and I make sure I clean the bleeding shower after I use it).
    Plus I had to pull out hair from the plug as the shower started acting like a bath the minute I turned it on.
    And also using my towel last night, even though they knew I was going to get a shower in the morning.
    Still not over this and its the after noon!
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Spending ages looking for hairband/gogo/hairtie/bobbin (/whateveryouwannacallit, depending on local dialect), only to find one, and then have it snap as you try to tie your hair up with it. :mad:

I always thought the Aussies were very pragmatic with how they named things.

Spending ages looking for irband/gogo/hairtie/bobbin (/whateveryouwannacallit, depending on local dialect),ha only to find one, and then have it snap as you try to tie your hair up with it. :mad:

I've given up on cheap (hairband/gogo/hairtie/bobbin (/whateveryouwannacallit, depending on local dialect) :p much better to pay out for decent ones than those Dealz atrocities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

When they were finished and they gave me the all clear, I was nearly going to pay them.:pac:

Did you mention the war? You should have mentioned the war, because I guarantee you'd have gotten extra special treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Did you mention the war? You should have mentioned the war, because I guarantee you'd have gotten extra special treatment.

Listen, don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.

• Advertisement

miezekatze wrote: »
    I fly to/from Frankfurt quite often and rarely make it through the detector without it going off, even if the only metal I have on me is my bra. I think they are motion detectors rather than metal detectors. :)

And yes, the pat downs in Frankfurt are very comprehensive and usually involve someone sticking their hand in your waistband. Hate that airport!

Was there a thorough prostate examination? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA my phone fell to a really awkward spot behind my bed, where I had to squeeze my arm through to get anywhere near it, that wasn't even enough, had to spend a good 5 minutes fishing it out with a feather duster.

that fella creaming his pants over ham in the dennys ad ''THE STAR OF A MILLION SANDWICHES'' relax there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Would you like 'Mayo' or ketchup on that. Hate that, how much more effort is it to say 'mayonnaise'.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

pew wrote: »

Ffs

Fair play for your honesty, but one annoyance I have, is women who claim to never fart. Everybody does it, it's a product of metabolism. So you either fart or you're dead. I hate the faux outrage some have over a normal bodily function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Fair play for your honesty, but one annoyance I have, is women who claim to never fart. Everybody does it, it's a product of metabolism. So you either fart or you're dead. I hate the faux outrage some have over a normal bodily function.

Everyone does it, but the smelly ones are just gross. And there really is no need to be blowing it out like a trumpet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Menas wrote: »
    Everyone does it, but the smelly ones are just gross. And there really is no need to be blowing it out like a trumpet!

I agree. I was talking about normal farts, not those chemical warfare ones that would rot a corpse.

Menas wrote: »

Loud farts = no smell
    Quiet farts = stink

It's almost like farts were invented so you're gonna be found out if you let one drop anyway!

There's nothing like letting off a good ripper early in the morn, great way to start the day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I agree. I was talking about normal farts, not those chemical warfare ones that would rot a corpse.

I know the feeling!!

I was at the bus stop today and the girl in front of me (who thought she was alone) let off a weapon of mass destruction, I'd say she was mortified!!

Robsweezie wrote: »
    having the computer/laptop up on high volume, you're quietly scrolling through a page and suddenly a ****ing random video auto plays and scares the ****e out of you before you even have time to see where it is.

auto playing videos in general

if I want to look at your stupid fcuking video I'll click on it
    until then FCUK OFF

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    There's nothing like letting off a good ripper early in the morn, great way to start the day :P

Especially while sitting on the toilet for ricochet effect!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I know the feeling!!

I was at the bus stop today and the girl in front of me (who thought she was alone) let off a weapon of mass destruction, I'd say she was mortified!!

I haven't laughed out loud in ages but I really laughed at this! Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Especially while sitting on the toilet for ricochet effect!!!

Form an orderly queue lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Everyone does it!

For the record it wasn't some nuclear type explosion. It was a toot that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If you think about it, a fart is just a sh*t in gaseous form.

Which goes up your nose.

And into your lungs.

Where it can settle.

And make a home.

Forever.

My friend who is mostly normal (ish) has tried to tell me several times that she doesn't fart.

I told her that if she doesn't fart when she's awake then she must be farting like a ginnet when she's asleep!

She was very, very angry with me :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Try sitting in a busy waiting room with a bubbling fart brewing inside you. It's like you are going to swell up and explode. It's the worst ever.

eternal wrote: »
    Try sitting in a busy waiting room with a bubbling fart brewing inside you. It's like you are going to swell up and explode. It's the worst ever.

Holding onto it to the point of pain.... and then your guts make an even louder rumbling noise!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Holding onto it to the point of pain.... and then your guts make an even louder rumbling noise!!! :(

As a master of the art form, I have trained my muscles to allow for the quick release multi shot method, this method allows the gas to be distributed in short sharp bursts, confusing the other 'players' into thinking its a creaking door or something!

There are dangers however with this method, you can incorrectly judge the pressure required to obtain the correct result, and just end up with a long loud continuous fart!!

The positives far outweigh the risks, and if you successfully execute the manoeuvre, you immediately begin looking around at the other people giving off the impression you are looking for the culprit, so when someone actually does get a whiff, and they start looking for the offender, they'll see you already looking for said farter!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was doing a race thing last weekend, someone farted, then said 'OH OH' after it rather than 'oooppps'.

And then someone further back that heard the fart said 'you don't let them slip out after the 6km mark'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement