Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Lying down about to go in to an MRI scanner....need to fart...but two nurses fussing over me. Eventually I go in...have my fart while getting scanned.
    I wonder if an MRI scanner can pick up a fart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Menas wrote: »
    I wonder if an MRI scanner can pick up a fart?
    As long as you don't fart any ferrous metals, you should be grand. Don't try and take your phone in to the machine, though, that would be Very Bad. :eek:

The worst thing about the MRI, in my experience, is having to keep so still for so long. I don't mind the noise so much, with earplugs in it sounds like bad Gabber Techno and I go in to a trance ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was doing a race thing last weekend, someone farted, then said 'OH OH' after it rather than 'oooppps'.

And then someone further back that heard the fart said 'you don't let them slip out after the 6km mark'

I find that about half-way through a long walk I'm like the anti-lag on a rally car. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

mud wrote: »
    My friend who is mostly normal (ish) has tried to tell me several times that she doesn't fart.

I told her that if she doesn't fart when she's awake then she must be farting like a ginnet when she's asleep!

She was very, very angry with me :pac:

I was always trying to be polite and ladylike and hold in my farts around my ex-boyfriend. Well, that back fired, literally, apparently I was farting away like a trooper in my sleep, which he informed me with glee :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Bedsheets popping off the corners of the bed.
    No matter what size I buy, they always come away.

And my other half gets into the bed and seems to take the sheet with him cos he puts one knee on the bed and slides in.
    I've taken to telling him how to get into bed.
    I'm sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »
    Bedsheets popping off the corners of the bed.
    No matter what size I buy, they always come away.

underneath each corner, where the elastic but goes under the mattress, a couple of well placed safety pins, to hold the 4 corners in place.

Spend ages blowing up the paddling pool. Fill it with water. I even spent ages making a lid for it to stop dirt blowing in there.
    Collect the wee fella from creche.
    He dips a toe in there and tell me that he does not like it.....fck it. I am going to grab a beer and sit in it myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

kfallon wrote: »
    There's nothing like letting off a good ripper early in the morn, great way to start the day :P

I got in the Ground Floor lift at work as per usual.
    It was empty, I pushed the button for the 3rd floor and the doors closed.
    All well. I'm alone so I decided to let one off. It stank. Putrid.

Unfortunately I forgot about the -1 floor and the lift said it was "Going Down!" :eek:

The people who called the lift were confronted with a horrible smell and myself wearing a "Yes, it was me" expression. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Spend ages blowing up the paddling pool. Fill it with water. I even spent ages making a lid for it to stop dirt blowing in there.
    Collect the wee fella from creche.
    He dips a toe in there and tell me that he does not like it.....fck it. I am going to grab a beer and sit in it myself!

Get some of the farters from around here to join you and turn it in to a jacuzzi:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Get some of the farters from around here to join you and turn it in to a jacuzzi:D

Ha ha! I was waiting for the first smart arse to crack that joke! Take a bow son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Jacuzzi? More like Old Faithful...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Those things in the airport - kinda like flat escalators that are just on the floor
    Well people who DON'T walk when on them- those people who just stand there and get in your way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

All this recent talk of farts, reminds me of a horrific trauma I endured some years ago with an old flame. Timing as they say is everything and this couldn't have happened at a worse time.:(

We were in the midst of a wonderful copulation session, when I noticed her smiling and then trying not to smile. Now since I knew she already had her bit of fun, I guessed it wasn't a failing on my part. So then I began to wonder was I making some weird sex face.

Anyway, my speculation quickly ended as she then began to say - "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." and I said Sorry?....sorry for wha..." and then it happened. She let out what can only be described as a monstrous elephant fart, of Richter Scale proportions which must have lasted for 10 seconds.

I hung on in desperation, determined not to miss my happy ending. Feck it, if she had hers, I was having mine. When her gaseous eruption subsided and the laughing died down, I was so proud that I had remained on target and was able to quickly recommence my quest.

Sadly my smugness was quickly ended, because it turned out I was actually gassing myself with every movement I made. My face must have been a sight, because she erupted into hysterics and she was also probably enjoying her own scent.

She laughed and laughed, I laughed and I cried. But mostly I cried. I had lost the will to live, I had failed in my quest. Only an NBC suit would have helped me to complete the quest.

Now I've played a lot of sports, been on a lot of teams and trained in a lot of gyms. But I had never before and never since, experienced such a vile cloud of arse methane. It was like having a sack of rotten eggs tied around your head, trapped in a lift full of Guinness fart.

What that beautiful creature unleashed upon me that night was beyond human. It should have been classified as a weapon of mass destruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh dear god I actually can't stop laughing hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Note to self: Don't drink coffee while reading a Corvus post. That's the second time this week, I've sprayed coffee on my monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

People who, having just spent upwards of an hour or more in the departure gates with plenty of toilets nearby, get STRAIGHT UP and go to the toilet the moment the seat-belt sign is off. Would you not just go before a flight so as to stop any panicky trips to the toilet 2 minutes into the flight???

Also, people who order large amounts of food on a short (2 hours or less) flight, again despite the fact that there are often plenty of cafes and stalls in the same area as departure gates. What the hell are people doing that they seem completely blind to toilets and cafes?:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who tell you how to live your life as if they know what's best for you and you can't make your own decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Guy in the queue behind me today, when I was buying my lunch, saying to the girl at the till, '€3.40 for them, I could buy two of them for €3 n a shop'
    Girl nodded and smiled patiently. I wish she had said 'well **** off so, and buy two of them, in a shop'.

He wasn't even buying the damn pastry or whatever he was mithering about. And I'm sure he must know that staff don't set the prices in chain coffee shops... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Walking near work today and a convoy of wedding cars is stopped at junction while I cross. No sooner have I stepped off the footpath then they all start honking their horns. Jesus the cacophony!!! I suffer from hyperacusis and my ears are still ringing! The guests (not the newly weds in the lead car) were hanging out of the car windows too, and screaming. What are you supposed to do, wave at them? bless yourself? Genuflect? Throw shredded aldi receipts at them like confetti? Bloody attention seekers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Special place reserved in hell for people who have full blown phone conversations on a quiet bus
    I want to stab the guy two seats behind me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

I bought a paddling pool two years ago and there's no kids in my house. When the warm weather arrives, out comes the pool with a few beers to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Between friends' birthdays, nephews' and nieces' christenings and birthdays, both here and abroad, mothers day, fathers day, people's anniversaries.... I feel like I'm tripping over myself trying to keep up with all the cards I've to send, and I keep f**king up and forgetting. Is it just me or do they all seem to come at once? It's exhausting trying to keep up.

I'm single, no kids, and I don't celebrate my birthday. Nobody's gotta send me nothin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

The amount of hidden sugars there are in everything these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The aul Cork fella on the train to Dublin on Wednesday. We decided to sit in the quiet zone, yeah that didn't work out so well... There were 2 aul fellas from Cork, travelling seperately and alone. One of them started chatting to some random aul ones across the aisle from him about the history of the primary school he attended and had to insert AND between years, as in 19 hundred AND 67, just to make it that much more tedious. I don't give a fcuk about the history of parishes and their populaces 400 years ago. He didn't come up for breath between Limerick Junction and Heuston:mad:

To add to the misery, the other aul Cork fella decided to have a go at the 2 young foreign ladies who were pushing the shop trolley around. He was roaring at them that they 'let a lot of people down not coming around with the trolley earlier on' and that they were a disgrace etc etc. That backfired on him because people put him straight very fast. So a stressful trip to Dublin. On the plus side I discovered a new favourite cocktail that night, Manhattans.:) I highly recommend them.;)

The amount of hidden sugars there are in everything these days...

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of low fat foods are very high in sugar. I didn't used to read labels other than to buy something claiming to be low fat. When I switched to piscetarian food I had to start reading food labeling. It's amazing how many foods contain beef or pork gelatine, especially sweets.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Can't sleep. Too warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

trying to listen to the news on the radio and someone either talks over it or starts rustling bags as loud as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

Too many unhealthy snacks/crisps full of salt and fat in the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

People who cant make a simple decision.

The wife, mother-in law and sister in law here yesterday evening trying to decide on what take-away to get. In all fairness I usually take charge but I said no, this time I'll see how and when they actually reach a decision.

Twas as infuriating as it was fascinating, you can tell they knew what they wanted but were too afraid to upset the other person.

The conversation went along the lines of:

"What do you want"

"Eh, dont mind"

"What about you"

"Eh, dont mind either"

"Right, so where will I go"

"Emmmmmm"

Oh good god my insides were churning with annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being tired after a week of very early starts with the youngest. So today at 7.30 (yay, a lie in!) when she got up , I couldn't move. She took full advantage of this and was rooting through everything in the bedroom. I rarely wear make up, but she found my blusher and took the little brush out of it:(. She says she has put it "somewhere safe".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

My mattress really annoys me. It's less than 2 years old and for the last few weeks we've both been waking up with sore backs. :( it's especially bad at weekends. It was kind of cheap, but I think it should have lasted longer than that!

miezekatze wrote: »
    My mattress really annoys me. It's less than 2 years old and for the last few weeks we've both been waking up with sore backs. :( it's especially bad at weekends. It was kind of cheap, but I think it should have lasted longer than that!

How are your pillows? We were having a similar problem and we bought new pillows, problem solved. You could also try getting a cheap mattress topper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

How are your pillows? We were having a similar problem and we bought new pillows, problem solved. You could also try getting a cheap mattress topper.

We've replaced the pillows a few times, didn't seem to make much of a difference. I was thinking about a mattress topper though, maybe I'll try that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Clothes on the line 5 minutes and it starts to rain. I want to scream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

KatW4 wrote: »
    Clothes on the line 5 minutes and it starts to rain. I want to scream!

Sounds crazy, but it could just work! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People who, having just spent upwards of an hour or more in the departure gates with plenty of toilets nearby, get STRAIGHT UP and go to the toilet the moment the seat-belt sign is off. Would you not just go before a flight so as to stop any panicky trips to the toilet 2 minutes into the flight??
    These people should be killed.

Put my phone on charge overnight. Woke up this morning, realised I never switched the power on the socket.:mad::mad:

My head is melted. I got to the supermarket and before getting out of the car, I couldn't find my purse in my bag. I sent the eldest girl home to get it, while I got the few bits. She came back, couldn't find it anywhere, but lent me some money. I went home and pulled the house apart for over half an hour, no joy. I drove back to the supermarket I was at yesterday just in case it had been handed in, and it wasn't there. My daughter rang the Garda station in case I had dropped it walking home yesterday. It wasn't handed in. I was starting to feel sick as bank cards and some sentimental photos in it. We headed over to my mothers, and we were almost there when I got a burst of divine inspiration. I remembered getting out some mints from the front section of my bag, and putting the purse in there. I remember I thought at the time that I wouldn't remember that I put it in that part as I never do. I'm relieved, but afraid I'm getting Alzheimer's :(. On the plus side I found the blusher brush when looking for the purse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Fallling asleep on a nite link ( ok after a few) then taxi home .

I have a sore throat. Not scratchy or tickly; it feels bruised when I swallow. Guess it's my tonsils.
    Every time I swallow, it hurts.

I also don't feel great...not ill, but not right. As if I'm coming down with something.
    It's a bizarre feeling when you're on the cusp of being well/starting to come down with something. I feel lethargic.

And I went to check our medicine cabinet to see if we had Strepsils and we only have one lozenge, but it's half open and all sticky.
    So now I only have soothing tea.
    Woe is me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

People who walk beside the footpath on a busy road.

And. Lady in the shop who waited til the cashier had beeped ALL her shopping through before beginning to pack it.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    People who walk beside the footpath on a busy road.

And. Lady in the shop who waited til the cashier had beeped ALL her shopping through before beginning to pack it.

I'm getting more and more impatient in the supermarket lately.

When I'm ready to go to the tills, I actively seek out one of the two women who are actually really nice (and quick at scanning through everything), and if I can't spot them, I've no choice but to go to another till.

Thing is, in my local supermarket, most of the staff are dozy and rude.
    There's one in particular who takes an AGE to scan each item and then saunters off to check the price on something.
    Her till always has the longest queue, too.

And then those customers who casually unruffle their shopping bags and slowly pack each item.
    Have some consideration, ffs!

I avoid my local shop because of today's trivial annoyances. Earlier I queued for 15 minutes (small country shop, not a big city aldi or anything). I forgot something and had to go back again.

Got wine. 'Sall good now

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I avoid my local shop because of today's trivial annoyances. Earlier I queued for 15 minutes (small country shop, not a big city aldi or anything). I forgot something and had to go back again.

Got wine. 'Sall good now

You had me at wine. What time do you want me over?

fussyonion wrote: »
    You had me at wine. What time do you want me over?

Bring crips. And wine. Lucy doesn't share wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TAs me that although we've plenty to be trivially annoyed about, the trivial things that make us happy thread has been ignored for over a month :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Settled down to watch TV after stuffing myself with dinner... but it's so beautiful out, I feel guilty chilling out indoors...

I like to come across as tough, but that Carly Rae Jepsen I Really like You video really gets to me. I can't really explain why but I think it's because I think Tom Hanks is so cool, and it makes me feel like a total weirdo :(

I haven't seen it, the song annoys me

Do you know what other song annoys me, that stupid "i found myself a cheerleader"
    It sounds so lovely and catchy til you hear the lyrics

she looks like a model ... she obeys my every command ... she's there for me ... still wanna cheat on her but i like having a cheerleader

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

miezekatze wrote: »

One thing I learned the hard way is. If there's one thing you should never scrimp on, it's buying a mattress.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement