Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Deli workers who display either or both of the following annoying habits:

1. You ask for a wrap as follows "A plain wrap with some mayo on it", followed by their sarcastic reply of "Is that all you want on it?"...Sigh, no thats not all i want on it but i was giving you a bit of time to get and dress the wrap first before I tell you the ingredients because I would hate for you to fall into category 2:

2. You ask for a wrap as follows "A plain wrap with some mayo on it, and some chicken and
    " "Hang on ill just get the wrap first", followed by them spending 5 years taking out the wrap, then with a big fake smile "What would you like on it?". :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Also, in supermarkets, people ahead of you in a long line, when they have all their items scanned and bagged and the worker says "18.60 please", THEN they decide that they need cash for items and stop to root around their wallets for the money with a surprised look on their face, all the while holding up the line even longer". Newsflash people: YOU NEED MONEY TO BUY ITEMS, GET YOUR FCUKING CASH OR CARD READY BEFORE HE OR SHE ASKS FOR IT. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

fussyonion wrote: »
    I have a sore throat. Not scratchy or tickly; it feels bruised when I swallow. Guess it's my tonsils.
    Every time I swallow, it hurts.

I also don't feel great...not ill, but not right. As if I'm coming down with something.
    It's a bizarre feeling when you're on the cusp of being well/starting to come down with something. I feel lethargic.

And I went to check our medicine cabinet to see if we had Strepsils and we only have one lozenge, but it's half open and all sticky.
    So now I only have soothing tea.
    Woe is me.

Do you have ice? Ice water is your friend for sore throats. Feel better soon.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

fussyonion wrote: »
    Put my phone on charge overnight. Woke up this morning, realised I never switched the power on the socket.:mad::mad:

For a quick charge on smartphone, put on "airplane mode" and the charge is so quick you won't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Deli workers who display either or both of the following annoying habits:

1. You ask for a wrap as follows "A plain wrap with some mayo on it", followed by their sarcastic reply of "Is that all you want on it?"...Sigh, no thats not all i want on it but i was giving you a bit of time to get and dress the wrap first before I tell you the ingredients because I would hate for you to fall into category 2:

2. You ask for a wrap as follows "A plain wrap with some mayo on it, and some chicken and
    " "Hang on ill just get the wrap first", followed by them spending 5 years taking out the wrap, then with a big fake smile "What would you like on it?". :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Also, in supermarkets, people ahead of you in a long line, when they have all their items scanned and bagged and the worker says "18.60 please", THEN they decide that they need cash for items and stop to root around their wallets for the money with a surprised look on their face, all the while holding up the line even longer". Newsflash people: YOU NEED MONEY TO BUY ITEMS, GET YOUR FCUKING CASH OR CARD READY BEFORE HE OR SHE ASKS FOR IT. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

3. "Can I have a white roll please"
    "Butter or mayo"
    "Butter"
    "What would you like in it?"

Problem solved :)

Don't get me started on the girl at my local Spar deli counter. Gives me sausage rolls when I ask for shephards pie. I think I might have to start bringing in pictures of what I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Bruce Jenner flashing his transsexual legs all over American Media instead of apologizing to the family of the woman he killed in the car accident. Its obviously an issue that has been weighing on his mind as he has his fashion crew follow him from one magazine to the next applying blusher and discussing his new life. How about a show of humility for the sake of her poor family? Disgusting piece of sh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

bluewolf wrote: »
    I haven't seen it, the song annoys me

Do you know what other song annoys me, that stupid "i found myself a cheerleader"
    It sounds so lovely and catchy til you hear the lyrics

she looks like a model ... she obeys my every command ... she's there for me ... still wanna cheat on her but i like having a cheerleader

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

He says "churleader" and that irritates me more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Do you have ice? Ice water is your friend for sore throats. Feel better soon.:)

Thanks, Pumpkin, I'll know next time. Luckily enough my throat's alright now.
    I had three cups of tea in an hour and it seems ok now.
    But I'll definitely try ice water next time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who can't give or take decent directions.

There is a special pointy pitchfork waiting for you in the next life.

:mad: :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

mud wrote: »
    People who can't give or take decent directions.

There is a special pointy pitchfork waiting for you in the next life.

:mad: :eek: :pac:

"...and when you get to the green postbox you know you have gone too far"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Menas wrote: »
    "...and when you get to the green postbox you know you have gone too far"

The green postbox that's a good mile and a half past their house? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The AIB "Brave" voice is back - ear-bleeding. "I'm so soft and delicate and in pain and about to cry, and have a bit of a contrived American twang". Pretentious central.

id laugh if she saw this :)

the next advert:

''brave is mocking someone's voice under an anonymous username on boards.ie. you know who you are.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Guys who wear really long belts - the tail ends up at the back ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

By "people" here you mean women and by "wallet" you mean massive handbag full of useless garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Gerlock Naan and his giant head.
    "Twas a game of two halves I spuz at d'end of d'day like d ' ye know"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Gwynplaine wrote: »

When he's talking, his teeth and lips maintain the same distance from each other no matter what he says.

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »

When I was a very young kid I had him as a teacher, by Christ I could tell you horror stories. The man was a prick then and is not much better now.

When I was a very young kid I had him as a teacher, by Christ I could tell you horror stories. The man was a prick then and is not much better now.

A lot of the GAA crowd are. A few senior county players live in my local area and strut around the place like they are something special for kicking a bag of wind around a field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Again with the shower annoyance but someone left it like a bath with no water draining from the tray and I don't wanna know whats blocked the plug. :mad:
    (I will find out soon as I need to use it :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Aglomerado wrote: »
    What are you supposed to do, wave at them? bless yourself? Genuflect?

Tell them you're a divorce lawyer and you'll see them in a couple of years.

Driving on a very narrow county road and driver coming in the opposite direction just stops.

Can't get past. Cars behind me. Had to get out of the car and explain to her that she needed to reverse back to the passing area.
    She asked me to reverse her car for her. Ffs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

failinis wrote: »
    Again with the shower annoyance but someone left it like a bath with no water draining from the tray and I don't wanna know whats blocked the plug. :mad:
    (I will find out soon as I need to use it :()

Actually gross :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Absolute dopes commentating on rte for the hurling

Brian codys a great manager doesn't throw on subs even though game effectively over...makes them earn there place in training

10 mins later same game....codys a great manager to give the subs a run out that the game is effectively over...rest the main players :rolleyes:

While Cody is a great manager and kk team is v.good the commentators on rte appear to think the sun shines outta this whole :mad:

Brian codys a great manager doesn't throw on subs even though game effectively over...makes them earn there place in training

10 mins later same game....codys a great manager to give the subs a run out that the game is effectively over...rest the main players :rolleyes:

While Cody is a great manager and kk team is v.good the commentators on rte appear to think the sun shines outta this whole :mad:

Marty Morrissey banging on about all KK's scores being from play 20 seconds after TJ Reid knocks in a penalty :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

She asked me to reverse her car for her. Ffs....

Yet in another thread, some are asking cyclists to take theory tests. After reading that, it makes you wonder can they even drive properly themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Went to my local pub today for lunch. It's an occasional treat, lovely grub there. Anyway, the feckin car park was jammers. Had a look inside and GAA or something was blaring, and the place was packed.

The Food manager saw us, and knowing we are regulars said she would find us a spot in about twenty minutes. NO THANKS, although I did say thanks to the woman. Full to the brim and full of kids and the noise!

Must be getting old or something. Anyway, Aldi is not too far away, so ran in got some salmon and we are just about to have a nice meal, at home, in the peace and quiet. Bought a cheeky bottle of wine too. Bliss.

The best laid plans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Am minding my seven year old niece today and she's going through a phase of telling jokes every two seconds. She keeps asking me to tell her some, how many jokes have I been told down over the years and I can't remember one! Literally none! Had to google some but they were mostly inappropriate lol

Social media posts wishing a happy fathers day to single mothers.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Friends forcing kids on you. F**k off, I wanted to see you, not have you dragging your kids along without telling me. Shouldn't my lack of kids and interest in same, be a clue to you? Pisses me off the way some people try to force you to love their kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

People sharing pictures of animal cruelty and other similar things on social media saying its spreading awareness.......Yes it may spread awareness but christ above I don't want to see it

Social media posts wishing a happy fathers day to single mothers.:rolleyes:

Seriously? Is that a 'thing' now?!

• Advertisement

Seriously? Is that a 'thing' now?!

Yep, usually the full comment is 'happy Fathers Day to all those moms doing double duty on Fathers Day'. It started in America of course.:D All said and done a Mum is a Mum and a Dad is a Dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

@SpanishEyes my nearest pub across the road was the same. even at 7 this evening Packed.
    "Plan B" for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    @SpanishEyes my nearest pub across the road was the same. even at 7 this evening Packed.
    "Plan B" for me.

What's Plan B? :)

Yep, usually the full comment is 'happy Fathers Day to all those moms doing double duty on Fathers Day'. It started in America of course.:D All said and done a Mum is a Mum and a Dad is a Dad.

Were they that eager on mothers day to single dads?

What's Plan B? :)
    Forgot.

Forgot.

Harsh. Did you go hungry? :(

Harsh. Did you go hungry? :(

I think you" mean pics or GFTO".

I think you" mean pics or GFTO".

Ah! I just got what you meant now! LOL :o:o

I mean "pics or GTFO"
    Anyway Hugo boy the ball is in you court

• Advertisement

I mean "pics or GTFO"
    Anyway Hugo boy the ball is in you court

Oh, alright, you win. I see you've played "Pics or GTFO" before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Answered a phone call that went on for 45 mins just as my take away arrived. Now have soggy cold chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Red Bull Ads

They are Not funny
    They are Not effective
    I refuse to buy Red Bull as result of them
    (and fact it tastes like battery acid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Said before, but cold callers!!
    I had 3 knocks on the door on Friday from 2 of them (the same guy knocked on 2 separate occasions).

The one that really got to me though was the Eircom guy trying to tell me that he could get me more speed from my line despite me repeatedly telling him I was at maximum capacity. He then told me that my Vodafone modem was slow and outdated, and would result in slow wifi speeds, and when I told him that I had disabled the wifi function of the modem, and was using my own wifi router (Time Capsule), he just couldn't fathom what I was saying, and still insisted I'd be better off with an Eircom modem, and he'd prove it to me, so he ran a line test and said with the Eircom modem, I would get up to 30mb download speed, I said that was pretty impressive, but since I was already getting a steady 28mb with my current set up, I would see no need or want to change.

These chancers go around hoping to get someone who's not really up to speed with all the jargon, and try and bully them into upgrading their services to something that they'll never need! and what pi$$es me off the most, these 'reps' haven't got a clue themselves.

Ripped jeans! So hard to find a pair of jeans in the shops that don't have ripped knees in them. Decided to take the plunge last week and bought a pair. Putting them on this morning I put my foot through the knee hole instead of the foot hole and now they're ripped the whole way down :( maybe I could start a new trend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

All sports punditry is pointless nonsense.

They constantly contradict themselves and switch opinions every few minutes. Pre and post game analysis is pointless because it adds nothing and talking about what people should do/should have done is redundant.

There is far too much coverage given to sport in all forms of media when all that really matters is the actual event taking place, when it is taking place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

All sports punditry is pointless nonsense.

They constantly contradict themselves and switch opinions every few minutes. Pre and post game analysis is pointless because it adds nothing and talking about what people should do/should have done is redundant.

There is far too much coverage given to sport in all forms of media when all that really matters is the actual event taking place, when it is taking place.

This has to go here

TA - Days start getting shorter!!!
    I'd planned on gettng up much much earlier over past few months to go running before work! Bah!
    May start tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

The amount of dead animals on the road.
    Had to drive to wicklow yesterday.
    Lost count of the amount of foxes, badgers, hedghogs, rabbits and birds mashed up or dead on the road.
    It makes me so sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Said before, but cold callers!!
    I had 3 knocks on the door on Friday from 2 of them (the same guy knocked on 2 separate occasions).

The one that really got to me though was the Eircom guy trying to tell me that he could get me more speed from my line despite me repeatedly telling him I was at maximum capacity. He then told me that my Vodafone modem was slow and outdated, and would result in slow wifi speeds, and when I told him that I had disabled the wifi function of the modem, and was using my own wifi router (Time Capsule), he just couldn't fathom what I was saying, and still insisted I'd be better off with an Eircom modem, and he'd prove it to me, so he ran a line test and said with the Eircom modem, I would get up to 30mb download speed, I said that was pretty impressive, but since I was already getting a steady 28mb with my current set up, I would see no need or want to change.

These chancers go around hoping to get someone who's not really up to speed with all the jargon, and try and bully them into upgrading their services to something that they'll never need! and what pi$$es me off the most, these 'reps' haven't got a clue themselves.

"My Ma is not in, she's gone to the hairdressers and I don't know when she will be back"

That will do it.;)

Sitting behind someone on the bus and I can see they're on boards on their phone. Nearly dislocated my neck trying to get a "nonchalant" look at what forum they were on so I could stalk them on my phone whilst sitting behind them hehe. Boardsies should have a secret hand shake or something. Oh how sad I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

anna080 wrote: »
    Sitting behind someone on the bus and I can see they're on boards on their phone. Nearly dislocated my neck trying to get a look at what forum they were on so I could stalk them on my phone whilst sitting behind them hehe. Boardsies should have a secret hand shake or something. Oh how sad I am.
    Wait for someone posting about the nosey one behind them on the bus this morn..:D Did you TA them I wonder...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement