Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Cutting my finger. I cut my index finger in the exact spot that wil make it awkward to do anything. Fricking tins.

Avoid eating salt & vinegar crisps so - it will sting so bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Maybe stop posting on facebook every two seconds?

If I posted it on Facebook I would deserve it! I don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

"Can I have two minutes?"

The most over abused question ever. It never takes two minutes, always takes longer and always ends with a WTF moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Menas wrote: »

Do I look like Doc Brown or a timelord to you!??! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

People using a credit card to buy a coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Oh, I never carry cash.."

Really, who the fcuk are you, the queen of England?:D

It would be ok if all shops and customers had those 'touch scan' cards...that would make things much quicker.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

30 second unskippable ad on youtube to watch a 28 second video.

It would be ok if all shops and customers had those 'touch scan' cards...that would make things much quicker.

It waould also be ok if the perpretrators of these hate crimes didn't seem to be surprised by the fact that they would have to pay for their coffee and didn't think to get their card ready until after being told how much it would cost.

It waould also be ok if the perpretrators of these hate crimes didn't seem to be surprised by the fact that they would have to pay for their coffee and didn't think to get their card ready until after being told how much it would cost.

Its like they get surprised when asked for payment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Give up coffee. It's not like it tastes nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Lax parenting. Mr P is sick and I went to the GP with him this morning for moral support. A woman came in with a kid about 3 years old and let her repeatedly slam the door as a game, used her own legs as a slide for the kid and let her do handstands. It's a GPs not a fcuking creche.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Give up coffee. It's not like it tastes nice.

You obviously just haven't had good coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    30 second unskippable ad on youtube to watch a 28 second video.

Click the browser page refresh button and repeat it if necessary. It will then skip past the ad and take you straight to the clip.

Kev W wrote: »
    You obviously just haven't had good coffee.

Cup of tea is good enough for me. I don't need a skinny vente latte mocha frappa bollocks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Cup of tea is good enough for me. I don't need a skinny vente latte mocha frappa bollocks :P

Neither do I. I was talking about coffee.

Nor do I.

My order has two words. Either black coffee or regular Americano.

Sometimes I'll throw in a third word - stat - but only on special occasions.

Kev W wrote: »
    Neither do I. I was talking about coffee.
    Nor do I.

My order has two words. Either black coffee or regular Americano.

Sometimes I'll throw in a third word - stat - but only on special occasions.

Nothing but drug addicts. You'll be robbing your parents before you know it looking for your next hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Failing the NCT!

Nothing but drug addicts. You'll be robbing your parents before you know it looking for your next hit.

Done and done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

There has been a high street in Sligo since at least the early 1800's...so it came over here a long long time ago!

Yes I know that, there are plenty of places called High st all over the country!

What I meant was usage of the phrase in the media "you can get these clothes/shoes/handbags at High st prices" , "there has been an rise in footfall on The High St since the recession ended" etc. When I was growing up, that phrase was associated with the UK not Ireland.

It also conveniently ignores the amount of shops that aren't on any street anymore, they're in out of town shopping centres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What's the drug in coffee that isn't in tea? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

What's the drug in coffee that isn't in tea? :P

Smugahol? :)

Radio5 wrote: »
    Yes I know that, there are plenty of places called High st all over the country!

What I meant was usage of the phrase in the media "you can get these clothes/shoes/handbags at High st prices" , "there has been an rise in footfall on The High St since the recession ended" etc. When I was growing up, that phrase was associated with the UK not Ireland.

It also conveniently ignores the amount of shops that aren't on any street anymore, they're in out of town shopping centres.

Ah, right- and of course you are right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That this is not standard in all shops that have trolleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I work in a very busy betting shop and the amount of times this happens to me on a weekly basis is staggering.

Customer hands over several betting slips.
    I process them through the till.

Me: "That will be €22.40c, please."
    Customer: "Oh! Eh... Could I get prices on all of those, please?"
    Me: "Sure."

Meaning I now have to go back through each bet, scan it, find the price, write the price, circle the price and re-scan the bet (for every single one) and then finish the transaction. All the while there are people lining up behind the person at my till tutting and sighing and rolling their eyes.

In some instances they run up to the counter and SLAP their bet down and go "Throw that in for us, will ya?!" completely ignoring the 6 or 7 other people waiting in line.

It's not trivially annoying anymore. It drives me bats**t crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I work in a very busy betting shop and the amount of times this happens to me on a weekly basis is staggering.

Customer hands over several betting slips.
    I process them through the till.

Me: "That will be €22.40c, please."
    Customer: "Oh! Eh... Could I get prices on all of those, please?"
    Me: "Sure."

Meaning I now have to go back through each bet, scan it, find the price, write the price, circle the price and re-scan the bet (for every single one) and then finish the transaction. All the while there are people lining up behind the person at my till tutting and sighing and rolling their eyes.

In some instances they run up to the counter and SLAP their bet down and go "Throw that in for us, will ya?!" completely ignoring the 6 or 7 other people waiting in line.

It's not trivially annoying anymore. It drives me bats**t crazy!

Any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Any tips?

Keep your money in your pocket. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

messrs wrote: »
    TA that I felt the need to get out my calculator and work out how many days old I am just after reading your post :P

Here's a way to mess with your head

http://you.regettingold.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Here's a way to mess with your head

http://you.regettingold.com/

Ye thanks a mill for that, im even older than I first calculated :( when I was working it out I just did basic maths, my age in years X 365 days plus the amount of days so far this year since my bday, I forgot to allow for leap years :( Ive now discovered that I'm actually 9 days older that I thought I was this morning :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm annoyed at myself. I can't stop buying stupid stuff lately, and promised myself that I'd put a stop to it, the amount of clutter I have to get rid of in the next few weeks is scary.

Now I'm wondering if I should buy 100 cute kids plastic spoons for €10. I really want them, but I know they'll just be in the way and end up getting thrown out, and it's a massive waste of €10.

Yet I still want them. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

So fcuking tired of listening to my neighbour hammer stuff. Every fcuking day there's something he's tinkering with. On Saturday he not only power hosed his own car, he did the 5 cars that belong to other neighbours. I'm not sure he even asked.:confused: Ordinarily it wouldn't bug me so much but Mr P was signed off sick for the rest of the week, he was on nights last night and is trying to get a bit of sleep. My Dad says yer man has worms and can't sit still, the neighbour, not Mr P. :D

messrs wrote: »
    Ye thanks a mill for that, im even older than I first calculated :( when I was working it out I just did basic maths, my age in years X 365 days plus the amount of days so far this year since my bday, I forgot to allow for leap years :( Ive now discovered that I'm actually 9 days older that I thought I was this morning :eek:

Hey, try discovering that your birth date is closer to a (pre-war) Nazi outrage than today for a genuine TA. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Any tips?

Don't smoke in bed and never park on a double yellow:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hey, try discovering that your birth date is closer to a (pre-war) Nazi outrage than today for a genuine TA. :(

I just realised I'm now older than my dad was when I was born. :eek:

• Advertisement

I just realised I'm now older than my dad was when I was born. :eek:

My elder daughter is 9. I have clear memories of being 9 - I really can't believe my parents were winging it the same way we seem to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My new neighbours (parents with three kids) are very nice and all, but my Jesus they're noisy.

The walls here are not that thick, so every time someone closes a cupboard, it sounds like someone slamming a wrecking ball against the wall.
    Plus two of the kids have taken to playing football out the back and the sound of the ball smacking the wall is driving me mental.

Their baby seems to cry ALL. THE. TIME.
    I'm not even joking; it does nothing else.

Then I can hear the kids whining all the time that they're hungry, they want to go out and play, they want this and that and the parents are pandering to their every whim.

I feel like telling them that when I was a kid, we wouldn't dream of making demands of our parents like that.

The mother has said to me outside "I hope we're not too noisy for you", but what can you say?
    "Yeah you're actually really noisy, actually"? Can't say that.

Just gotta get over it, I suppose.

Another TA is that while it's really warm outside, my house is freezing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The most over abused question ever. It never takes two minutes, always takes longer and always ends with a WTF moment.

Take out stopwatch. Two minutes later - Time's up. Get up and walk away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

That Damien guy who stands in for Joe Duffy is the WORST presenter I've ever heard. He can't string a sentence together without an em or a pause. Every single person he talks to is a more natural speaker than he. Who is that tool related to in RTÉ to get him that job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

When people (strangers) call to the house and ask 'is my mother'. I'm a f**** adult treat me like one. I'm clearly not capable of handing adult responsibility :p.

When the ring-pull breaks, I'm inept at using can openers. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Woke up this morning to find that the cat had dragged a dead bird into the hallway, feathers everywhere. The poor bird :( My wife brought the poor thing outside and then we went back to sleep. Woke up again to find the now decapitated bird was back in the hallway. This time the bird and the cat were sent out, and the window was closed.

Drunk people in the playground ..smoking...having their own wee party. WTF?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Had a guy call to my door earlier and the first thing he said was "Is this your house or your Mam and Dad's?"

And then he tried selling me a CCTV system.
    I politely told him I'd have to consult my other half, but he was adamant on putting me down "provisionally" for it to be done.

I told him "No, don't put me down", to which he replied: "Ah sure I'll put you down and you can change your mind afterwards."
    NO.

I won't change my mind AFTERWARDS. If I want it done, I'll tell you.
    He tried getting me to sign this booking and I promptly told him "No, I'm not signing anything."
    Bugger off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Drunk people in the playground ..smoking...having their own wee party. WTF?!

:eek:

Flutes out? Pissing away???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

fiachr_a wrote: »
    That Damien guy who stands in for Joe Duffy is the WORST presenter I've ever heard. He can't string a sentence together without an em or a pause. Every single person he talks to is a more natural speaker than he. Who is that tool related to in RTÉ to get him that job?

To be fair, it is Joe Duffy. How could it get any worse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

For cold callers I always find saying "this isn't a good time to call" with a really sad face makes them apologise and back peddle as quick as they came!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

inforfun wrote: »
    That this is not standard in all shops that have trolleys.

What is that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

sam34 wrote: »
    What is that?

Magnifying Glass attached to the trolley so you can read the finer text on packaging. Pretty clever idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

So fcuking tired of listening to my neighbour hammer stuff. Every fcuking day there's something he's tinkering with. On Saturday he not only power hosed his own car, he did the 5 cars that belong to other neighbours. I'm not sure he even asked.:confused: Ordinarily it wouldn't bug me so much but Mr P was signed off sick for the rest of the week, he was on nights last night and is trying to get a bit of sleep. My Dad says yer man has worms and can't sit still, the neighbour, not Mr P. :D

My neighbour uses a chainsaw late at night and early in the morning almost every day a week. He has wood in big chunks which is makes smaller to sell as fire wood and it grates on me so much.

There is building works going on about 10metres from my house and on a saturday last week I was trying to have a lie in and got woke by some gob ****e singing "Oh danny boy" so loudly. What builder belts that out at 8am on a Saturday! Why that song! Argh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Last night and tonight I come in from football and my eyes are itchy as fúck :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement