Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I went to pilates and I'm in agony now. Then I got very violent hiccups and now my throat itches and my nose is like a tap.

I NEED a new body!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

KatW4 wrote: »
    I went to pilates and I'm in agony now. Then I got very violent hiccups and now my throat itches and my nose is like a tap.

I NEED a new body!!!

You'll be grand in a little bit, don't worry about it!

kfallon wrote:
    You'll be grand in a little bit, don't worry about it!

You too :)

You too :)

Oh i'm alright now ta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

someone directly outside cutting the grass so loud you cant hear the telly, and have to turn it up to ridiculous levels to hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Specifically, not pacifically ........ specifically. ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The road rash on my leg from a running fall being very visible in all my summer dresses, and it's supposed to be in the mid 20s tomorrow so I'd like to wear one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

The road rash on my leg from a running fall being very visible in all my summer dresses, and it's supposed to be in the mid 20s tomorrow so I'd like to wear one :mad:

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Menas wrote: »
    Drunk people in the playground ..smoking...having their own wee party. WTF?!

I'll go for a drunken schwing if I want! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I hate how the wind never just shuts doors that may be left open. It always slams them shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I hate how the wind never just shuts doors that may be left open. It always slams them shut.

Ditto the way some people slam car doors instead of gently pushing them to close them.

This is especially annoying when I'm still in the car and feel like my ear drums have burst :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

"who?" in response to stories about fairly well known public figures in which ignorance of said figures can only be excused by living under a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Robsweezie wrote: »
    "who?" in response to stories about fairly well known public figures in which ignorance of said figures can only be excused by living under a rock.

"I'm sorry, I'm much too cool to know who that person is. Or what Google is."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Next door nightmare has a lodger from Monday through Wednesday. I'd swear the fcuker gets deafer by the week. He watches tv upstairs and we can hear it word for word all over our house, honestly we can mute our tv and listen to what he's watching from our living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I couldn't make lunch for my OH to bring to work or my morning coffee because everything in the little fridge-freezer is frozen solid. It was only set to 2, 5 is the highest setting. We defrosted it during the week and it was working great, I was marvelling at how lovely and cold everything in the fridge part was. It must have worked really well during the night! It meant that nutella and toast was on the menu for breakfast instead of cereal, though, so every cloud has a silver lining :p. Mmmmm nutella....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I couldn't make lunch for my OH to bring to work or my morning coffee because everything in the little fridge-freezer is frozen solid. It was only set to 2, 5 is the highest setting. We defrosted it during the week and it was working great, I was marvelling at how lovely and cold everything in the fridge part was. It must have worked really well during the night! It meant that nutella and toast was on the menu for breakfast instead of cereal, though, so every cloud has a silver lining :p. Mmmmm nutella....
    Did you leave the door slightly open? Happens here when they cant be arsed to close it properly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    Did you leave the door slightly open? Happens here when they cant be arsed to close it properly..

There are only a few capital offences in our house. Leaving the fridge or freezer door open is one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was hanging out the washing and I found myself wondering where was the best place to hang my fat-girl pants so nobody could see them.

(We've all got fat-girl pants, for days when you're feeling bloated or it's "that time of the month").

The aforementioned undergarment is slightly larger than the normal pair of pants so I didn't want anyone seeing them (my house backs onto several other houses at different angles), so I tried hanging them right at the corner, beside the wall.

My biggest fear is them blowing off the line and into the neighbour's garden....or worse still, the neighbour knocking on my door with my fat-girl pants in hand.

The shame.

Could you not dry them indoors? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Colser wrote: »

Nope it was fully closed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    I was hanging out the washing and I found myself wondering where was the best place to hang my fat-girl pants so nobody could see them.

(We've all got fat-girl pants, for days when you're feeling bloated or it's "that time of the month").

The aforementioned undergarment is slightly larger than the normal pair of pants so I didn't want anyone seeing them (my house backs onto several other houses at different angles), so I tried hanging them right at the corner, beside the wall.

My biggest fear is them blowing off the line and into the neighbour's garden....or worse still, the neighbour knocking on my door with my fat-girl pants in hand.

The shame.
    I would just thank him for returning our tent and shut the door quickly..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

fussyonion wrote: »

The shame.

Embrace your fat-girl pants! (I like the phrase) We have a communal garden and I put the clotheshorse outside in the sun with my giant fat-girl pants flying free on it. They're even worse than the usual ones because most of mine have some sort of animals or something embarrassing on them, like snowmen or penguins. I am shameless about my giant underwear. My OH is just as bad, her spongebob underwear is shamelessly displayed too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Kev W wrote: »
    "I'm sorry, I'm much too cool to know who that person is. Or what Google is."

On the other hand, I hate when people assume I am keeping up to date with the lives of random people around the globe who are of no consequence to me.

"... but it's kinda like Jimmy Jenstein was saying last week..."

"Who's Jimmy Jenstein?"

"He just came out as transsexual recently!"

"?"

"He's the Kardashians' dad!"

"They're the ones with the big arses right?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

On the other hand, I hate when people assume I am keeping up to date with the lives of random people around the globe who are of no consequence to me...

This drives me properly potty sometimes. I'm 43 years old, I don't give a rattling scuttery fcuk about Kim What's-her-arse, her sister, her father, what gender he thinks he is, or any of it. I wouldn't recognise any of them if I hit against them on the street, and I'm not interested.

And while I'm at it I hate when I'm strolling down the road, minding my own business, and I see some distance away some eejit who I know will stop me and insist on having a conversation about crap, which I'm not in the humour for. The thing is, I quite like the same fool so I don't want to be so overtly impolite as to use the Tipperary Full-Back Method - i.e. shoulder him off the footpath, getting in an elbow to the ribs for good measure, and make a run for it - so I have to pull the cellphone and pretend to be answering a call in a testy, this-had-better-be-good-to-be-bothering-me-with-during-my-fcukan-downtime-mate sort of way and thus avert the danger. Yes, I am an arsehole sometimes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

jimgoose wrote: »
    And while I'm at it I hate when I'm strolling down the road, minding my own business, and I see some distance away some eejit who I know will stop me and insist on having a conversation about crap, which I'm not in the humour for. The thing is, I quite like the same fool so I don't want to be so overtly impolite as to use the Tipperary Full-Back Method - i.e. shoulder him off the footpath, getting in an elbow to the ribs for good measure, and make a run for it - so I have to pull the cellphone and pretend to be answering a call in a testy, this-had-better-be-good-to-be-bothering-me-with-during-my-fcukan-downtime-mate sort of way and thus avert the danger. Yes, I am an arsehole sometimes! :D

Ive done this - pulled the pretending to be on the phone trick so as to avoid speaking to someone - altho its generally the chuggers on the street I do it for as they are so in your face and as much as I want I cant be rude to them - just make sure your phone is on silent - as you don't want it ringing when your pretending to talk!!

and that's another thing that TA's me - Chuggers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This drives me properly potty sometimes. I'm 43 years old, I don't give a rattling scuttery fcuk about Kim What's-her-arse, her sister, her father, what gender he thinks he is, or any of it. I wouldn't recognise any of them if I hit against them on the street, and I'm not interested.

I'm not quite of your vintage, but I've still always had the same attitude. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Well said, young man:)

I'm not quite of your vintage, but I've still always had the same attitude. ;)

Not that I think you do this but there's plenty who'll go on a thread about (insert celebrity here) to say "Well I've never heard of "insert celebrity here" and I'm glad".

Why are they glad? How can they have a negative opinion of someone they've never heard of?

Stupid silly crushes :( makes me feel so guilty! They only last about a week but I feel terrible about them!

• Advertisement

Stupid silly crushes :( makes me feel so guilty! They only last about a week but I feel terrible about them!

Ah, they are great to have I think. Reminds me of when I was a young cub.

All the subtitled foreign dramas on prime time tv. What is that about? Who watches them? Whenever they've been on as background noise in our house they look tedious and depressing.

All the subtitled foreign dramas on prime time tv. What is that about? Who watches them? Whenever they've been on as background noise in our house they look tedious and depressing.

No no no. You are wrong! Some of these foreign dramas are great.

Borgen, The Killing and The Bridge are absolutely brilliant. It is a shame that some people dont watch them because of the subtitles.

Borgen, The Killing and The Bridge are absolutely brilliant. It is a shame that some people dont watch them because of the subtitles.

Meh,:p

Meh,:p

Boo. :(

There's another TA, the non-word "meh".

It's essentially saying "I have no opinion or response but I feel like I have to make you pay attention to me with a noise of some kind".

It's especially hateful when a person actually uses it as their opening statement on something.

There's another TA, the non-word "meh".

It's essentially saying "I have no opinion or response but I feel like I have to make you pay attention to me with a noise of some kind".

It's especially hateful when a person actually uses it as their opening statement on something.

Well aren't you just a cheery little sunbeam? Who pissed in your cornflakes?

It's a thread for posting about things that annoy you, you've come to the wrong place if you're looking for affirmations and positivity. :)

With 300+ posts in this thread it's bit like the pot calling the kettle blackarse :pac:

• Advertisement

It's a thread for posting about things that annoy you, you've come to the wrong place if you're looking for affirmations and positivity. :)

I've been on this and the previous thread for a long time, I know what it's about. If you want me to be more specific, it's annoying to have someone post a bitchy comment aimed directly at your post, it's also bad manners.

Exactly. Another classic example is Das Boot. Could someone explain to me how the hell exactly that's supposed to work if it isn't in German?? :D

I've been on this and the previous thread for a long time, I know what it's about. If you want me to be more specific, it's annoying to have someone post a bitchy comment aimed directly at your post, it's also bad manners.

You reminded me of a TA and I posted about it. I'm not responsible if you choose to take it as an attack. It wasn't intended as an attack on you any more than anyone else who does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,224 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

People who have to contradict everything, or contradictory people, or just people who love getting a rise out of people, whatever way to look at that, but anyway, school reports are out this week and they go -

Them: "What were you like in school, I bet you were a lick?"

Me: "I don't remember"

Them: "Ahh the licks always say that, I bet you do remember, the licks always remember"

Right now I'm thinking I wish I could forget that conversation ever happened, sometimes I'm just not in the mood for bulb wrecking pisstakes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I have horrible anxiety today, and can't get through to a department in the hospital. I don't know what time my appointment is at and they won't answer :(

People who have to contradict everything, or contradictory people, or just people who love getting a rise out of people, whatever way to look at that, but anyway, school reports are out this week and they go -

Them: "What were you like in school, I bet you were a lick?"

Me: "I don't remember"

Them: "Ahh the licks always say that, I bet you do remember, the licks always remember"

Right now I'm thinking I wish I could forget that conversation ever happened, sometimes I'm just not in the mood for bulb wrecking pisstakes :(

Unbearable people. They always think they're funny because in their mind "being funny" and "getting a reaction" are the same thing.

• Advertisement

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I have horrible anxiety today, and can't get through to a department in the hospital. I don't know what time my appointment is at and they won't answer :(

That's horrible, I hope it works out for you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The point when you are chewing gum and it starts to disintigrate in your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Tinnitus. I don't get a ringing in my ears but just a buzzing in my right ear. I have it every once in a while for a week or two but it has been going on for weeks this time and is driving me mental, it sounds like there's a blue bottle inside my ear :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Felt faint so stopped in the garage on the way to the bus stop. Paid €4 for a tiny little wrap :( got a bottle of water too. As I'm standing in the queue an old lady is taking ages with her stuff.

Bus goes by. Now I have to wait 37 minutes for the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Felt faint so stopped in the garage on the way to the bus stop. Paid €4 for a tiny little wrap :( got a bottle of water too. As I'm standing in the queue an old lady is taking ages with her stuff.

Bus goes by. Now I have to wait 37 minutes for the next one.

The price of really simple food has gotten crazy. Or maybe it always was. It shouldn't cost so much though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement