Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Turning up on time for a doctors appointment but still having to wait 30 mins to get in. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

The price of really simple food has gotten crazy. Or maybe it always was. It shouldn't cost so much though.

It's ridiculous. I wouldn't have paid it, but I really needed it.

There must be so much wastage, can't imagine they fly off the shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That "cheerleader" song, it sounds half arsed, as if everyone reluctantly had to make a song so they put minimal effort into it.
    It just sounds lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

razorblunt wrote: »
    That "cheerleader" song, it sounds half arsed, as if everyone reluctantly had to make a song so they put minimal effort into it.
    It just sounds lazy.

I'm sick of hearing it played over and over.

I'm also sick of all the radio stations saying that don't play songs repeatedly. Yes ye fcuking do! Head wreckers!

I'm sick of hearing it played over and over.

I'm also sick of all the radio stations saying that don't play songs repeatedly. Yes ye fcuking do! Head wreckers!

Newstalk dont. :D

Menas wrote: »
    Newstalk dont. :D

I'm under 30. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

try tonik radio- if they have it in the bag they'll play it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,224 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

razorblunt wrote: »
    It just sounds lazy.

I'm too lazy to look that up on youtube, but it sounds like something that would trivially annoy me while I'm sitting here in the barbers listening to some shyte song on the radio, "green light of the world" (that's all he keeps saying anyway), waiting for my turn while the young lad is getting one of those Hitler haircuts/Conor McGregor efforts and I'm wondering where the fcuk did I go wrong?? :confused:

It's 'cool' now apparently. That doesn't change my opinion that it still looks like they lost a fight with a lawnmower :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm under 30. ;)

As am I. Listen to Newstalk every day.

Can't beat a bit of Moncrieff.

MrVestek wrote: »
    As am I. Listen to Newstalk every day.

Can't beat a bit of Moncrieff.

No way, can't be dealing with newstalk.

Quit lying ya ol' Todger.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Cutting the Lone Parents' payment next month will take 6000 single mothers out of the welfare trap and they'll have to find work. No it won't, most of them will have another baby and will requalify for this payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

PandaPoo wrote: »
    It's ridiculous. I wouldn't have paid it, but I really needed it.

There must be so much wastage, can't imagine they fly off the shelves.

Sometimes they're so mean about it too. My definition of large seems contrary to theirs. Rolls that are hard as rocks and as dry as the desert, soggy brownish lettuce and you'd swear they were counting each grating of cheese too.

Work canteens can be really bad too. My latest lunch consisted of some tasteless dry chicken breast that was smaller than your average goujon, two scoops of lukewarm mashed potatoes and four cold tiny broccoli stalks. €7.90! Only for I was starving and that the old lady on the till is so friendly, I would have ****ed the tray against the wall. :mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Shops advertising gifts for teachers ffs. One local shop was advertising gifts of crystal for them for fecks sake.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,224 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Shops advertising gifts for teachers ffs. One local shop was advertising gifts of crystal for them for fecks sake.:rolleyes:

Anything to extract money from idiots that will send little johnny and little jenny into school with a bigger and more expensive gift for the teacher than all the other children, so the adults can lord it over each other :rolleyes:

It's cringe worthy to have to witness really, instilling that "keeping up with the jones" mentality so early in children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Supermacs serving you in the evening but before you get the food they decide to close up the shop and starting cleaning. Then they inform you it's OK to sit at a table while someone is mopping the floor around your table. If they're closed they shouldn't be serving you.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

One particular fella in my office who thinks he's the resident expert on health & fitness and pipes up with his views anytime someone mentions the gym and nutrition even though he really hasn't a clue.

He's extremely condescending especially towards women and anytime they mention a new plan of theirs he pipes up with 2 cents in a macho fashion putting them down assuming he knows better .

I'm quite timid in the office so haven't challenged him yet but I can see an imminent face off where I go to town on him and call him out on all the BS he spouts.

Not so trivial. Some local scumbags, 5 kids, both parents have criminal records, never did an honest days work in their lives. Getting rent allowance, flew off to Portugal today. My husband works his ass off and we can't afford a holiday this year but they have a foreign holiday every year. There's something seriously fcuked up with the system.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

Getting 3 stars on a Winning Streak scratchcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

One particular fella in my office who thinks he's the resident expert on health & fitness and pipes up with his views anytime someone mentions the gym and nutrition even though he really hasn't a clue.

He's extremely condescending especially towards women and anytime they mention a new plan of theirs he pipes up with 2 cents in a macho fashion putting them down assuming he knows better .

I'm quite timid in the office so haven't challenged him yet but I can see an imminent face off where I go to town on him and call him out on all the BS he spouts.

I hate gym ****, discussing 'lifting', 'leg day', 'gains' and shíteing on about protein, carbs and what not!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Not so trivial but happens a lot, those who drive on secondary and narrow country roads as if they were motorways. What are you supposed to do when you meet them driving at speed towards you? Turn your car into a Harry Potter car and fly up, up and away off the road or into the nearest field out of their way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Shops advertising gifts for teachers ffs. One local shop was advertising gifts of crystal for them for fecks sake.

I always wonder who actually buys this stuff. Is this a thing now? Wouldn't most kids be way too embarrassed to be giving presents to their teachers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People taking like 2 minutes to dry their hands on those dyson handdryers that are meant to take 10 seconds. Do you just really enjoy using those things? There's 1 dryer in this bathroom and 3 of us just washed our hands. We'll just stand there for a while now with our wet hands while you make sure your hands are 100% moisture free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

miezekatze wrote: »
    I always wonder who actually buys this stuff. Is this a thing now? Wouldn't most kids be way too embarrassed to be giving presents to their teachers?
    It was banned from my kids school a few years ago thankfully but you would still see some kids bringing in presents..I feel sorry for those kids tbh..their parents are usually one of the coven standing guard at the school gates every day..muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Living down a cul de sac where the bin men cannot get to so I have to drag a heavy bin up to the top of the road every week. This week's was particularly heavy. Not fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The little tiny zips on my cushion covers scrape and poke me at every opportunity.
    Who knew something so small could hurt so much?!

People who pay for gym membership and don't go to the gym.

I get that life gets in the way and it's not always feasible to get to the gym all the time, but I'm friends with a girl whose father is around 20 stone.

He's diabetic and has had a multitude of health problems over the years.
    He sits around the house all day eating sweets, even though he's diabetic, and won't go to the gym, even though he pays them every month through direct debit.

My friend is also a member of the gym and goes Monday to Friday and is always asking her Dad if he's coming with her.
    He always has an excuse.

He's paying €42 a month and won't go to the gym at all.

Whereas I know a single mother who earns very little and can't afford the gym, but walks everywhere, even after a long day at work and looking after her little boy.
    She'd give her right arm for that man's membership.

If you're paying good money for the gym, GO.
    It doesn't have to be every day; what about an hour 3 days a week?

I don't get why the man wants to be so sick when the solution is staring him in the face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

valoren wrote: »
    Getting 3 stars on a Winning Streak scratchcard.

And this annoys you how? Is it the prospect of maybe meeting Marty and his sidekick and to be patronised and belittled on national tv? 😅

Sciatica. Quite literally a pain in the arse.

The bedroom window is open as it's a little warm tonight. There is also a slight breeze which is causing the window blind to tap against the frame. Driving me bonkers... tap, tap, tap, tap... Can't get up to close the window as I have v bad sciatica at the moment. Sigh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

A customer shouting at me because he had the wrong price on his bet that he placed IN ANOTHER SHOP!

Angry man: "Why didn't the man tell me it was the wrong price??"

Me: "I don't know, sir. I don't work in that shop and didn't witness the transaction."

AM: "But he should have TOLD ME!"

Me: "I appreciate that, sir but the price you have is over 7 minutes late. If you want to plead your case, you will have to take the bet back to the shop you placed it in as I cannot override an action from a till in another locality."

AM: *snatching the bet out of my hand* "RIGHT!!! GIMME THE F**KIN' THING THEN! I'LL GO BACK TO THE MAN WHO TOOK IT!"

Me: "OK. I'm very sorry I couldn't be more help............. The man who took your bet is called Stephanie. It says so at the bottom of your bet. Have a good day, sir."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I help out at a youth musical and we had rehearsals. During the break, I took my phone out to text my sister. The director shouts over "we don't have cell phones here".

Good for you, I'm 25 years old, I'm a volunteer and not one of the kids, do not tell me whether I can have my phone or not.

On that note, people who tell you what to do annoy me and people who treat you like a child.

Well, pretty much everyone is annoying me recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

When plastic sweet wrappers in ads are unnaturally smooth, like this, especially when they're also perfectly cleanly opened, like this.

As opposed to looking like this, or this.

When plastic sweet wrappers are unnaturally smooth, like this, especially when they're also perfectly cleanly opened, like this.

As opposed to looking like this, or this.

Aha that's gas. .your trivial annoyance is my holy grail.

Aha that's gas. .your trivial annoyance is my holy grail.

The really annoying thing for me is that I understand that they make them look like that in ads to make them look better, and I've even tried to open bags like that purely for the aesthetic appeal, but the fumbling lumps that are my fingers can never attain that!

The really annoying thing for me is that I understand that they make them look like that in ads to make them look better, and I've even tried to open bags like that purely for the aesthetic appeal, but the fumbling lumps that are my fingers can never attain that!

I'm curious how do you feel about packets opened down side up?

Infuriating, especially if I've done it by mistake!

If it's a packet of Mighty Munch, and I have to eat all the delicious spicy dust first when it should have been my final treat as I stuck my fingers into the corners of the bag to get at it?
    Literally the worst thing possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I hate this!! don't know why but it just freaks me out (ye I know im a weirdo) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

People who yap and/or take their phones out in the cinema. I've literally never heard one person claim not to passionately hate this behaviour but there are still dickheads who think it's just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

My exam results are up. I dont know what's more annoying, me thinking I failed or me being too nervous to check :o

Itchy skin. For some reason the skin all around my jaw line is really really itchy and I want to scratch it sooo badly, but I can't or it'll make it worse.:(

The woman on Sky News crying about living in poverty in the UK and saying her 'kids didn't ask for this', yeah love why dafuq did you have 5 kids you couldn't afford? Contraception is free in England. I do wish people would take some fricking personal responsibility for their choices. Maybe she could try getting off her fat ass and getting a job to support her kids.:mad:

• Advertisement

The woman on Sky News crying about living in poverty in the UK and saying her 'kids didn't ask for this', yeah love why dafuq did you have 5 kids you couldn't afford? Contraception is free in England. I do wish people would take some fricking personal responsibility for their choices. Maybe she could try getting off her fat ass and getting a job to support her kids.:mad:

Jobs are so plentiful, after all. And there's so much free childcare available!

Kev W wrote: »
    Jobs are so plentiful, after all. And there's so much free childcare available!

So you're saying that it's fine to have a bunch of kids you can't afford to support and then raise them in poverty on benefit payments? Yeah, people need to stop having kids they can't afford and aren't willing to work to support. People can find themselves unemployed due to redundancy and illness but there are too many people out there choosing to live on benefit. It's irresponsible and not fair on their kids. The answer is not to increase benefit payments.

TA that everyone is argumentative today and I just want peace man....

Menas wrote: »
    TA that everyone is argumentative today and I just want peace man....

It's probably due to the humidity.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate that not ar$ed feeling, that feeling I get when I just couldn't be arsed. That's bad because I have a lot to do today. I have that feeling right now, as well as a sort of panicky feeling. My heart is racing and I don't know why. Maybe I'm forgetting something important and my body has realised it before my brain has.

And NO spell-checker I DON'T want to change the spelling of realise and put a Z in instead of an S. (Or change the word entirely! To release.) The American way of spelling is not the ONLY way of spelling. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-exiKH6m4S-g/UPZBOtszN3I/AAAAAAAAAg4/gVdfGu9Zx0g/s1600/tina+fey.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I just had a driving lesson and now I have to book my test. I don't want to do the test, I'm happy being a learner for the rest of my life!

Also I just ate a full bag of mini rice cakes (yoghurt and orange ;)) and now I feel very sick :(

So you're saying that it's fine to have a bunch of kids you can't afford to support and then raise them in poverty on benefit payments? Yeah, people need to stop having kids they can't afford and aren't willing to work to support. People can find themselves unemployed due to redundancy and illness but there are too many people out there choosing to live on benefit. It's irresponsible and not fair on their kids. The answer is not to increase benefit payments.

No, I'm saying jobs are scarce and childcare is expensive. I said it with sarcasm, maybe that's what confused you.

What percentage of people on benefits could easily find work but are unwilling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

:mad::mad:My stupid fcuking laptop and my lack of techie skills..
    My laptop is going very slow for awhile (despite help from a boardsie;)) and I swear its going to drive me insane..today its throwing up something about unresponsive scripts..Ive tried all the options but this piece of ****e is still at a snails pace..I cant take it anymore:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kev W and Pumpkinseeds
    Enough of this bickering please. If you can't discuss with each other in a civil manner, then do not engage with each other.

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    :mad::mad:My stupid fcuking laptop and my lack of techie skills..
    My laptop is going very slow for awhile (despite help from a boardsie;)) and I swear its going to drive me insane..today its throwing up something about unresponsive scripts..Ive tried all the options but this piece of ****e is still at a snails pace..I cant take it anymore:mad:

Your laptop is probably so slow that you will not get this post until tomorrow.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement