Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    Your laptop is probably so slow that you will not get this post until tomorrow.:)
    Youre wrong actually:P
    Getting back to the posts about sweets,,Why do people open packets and then pour the contents into bowls..would you not just eat sweets, peanuts ect from the packet:confused: My lot do this and then put the bowl back in the cupboard...very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Colser wrote: »
    Youre wrong actually:P
    Getting back to the posts about sweets,,Why do people open packets and then pour the contents into bowls..would you not just eat sweets, peanuts ect from the packet:confused: My lot do this and then put the bowl back in the cupboard...very annoying

It's nice to use a bowl, a bit less messy than eating from the packet but we don't do it unless we're finishing them off. Putting them in the cupboard in a bowl does seem weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Crisps and sweets get eaten from a bowl in our house for a few reasons.
    1) Less chance of the bag ripping open and spilling its contents all over the place.
    2) Less noise...hate that russtle sound.
    3) You can pick the sweets you like and leave the ones you dont (brown M&Ms!)
    4) Its just muck savage to do it any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

1) Less chance of the bag ripping open and spilling its contents all over the place.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Its the green ones that get left here..I bought Jelly Babies during the week and about 75% were green:( What brown M&Ms dont you like..peanut or chocolate?
    Also I eat more (especially peanuts)if theyre in a bowl .

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    Its the green ones that get left here..I bought Jelly Babies during the week and about 75% were green:( What brown M&Ms dont you like..peanut or chocolate?

Chocolate. Dunno why I dont like them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The fact that I have no edibles in the house so I need to go and interact with local people in the local shop (for locals!).

The deli is good but the volume of one of the staff causes ear-ringing for miles around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Trivially annoyed that so many sweets have gelatine in them. Being a veggie means I can't find many that are veggie friendly and am 'forced' to eat family sized bags of crisps instead at weekends.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Drizzle. If it's going to rain just ****ing rain, don't leave me in this limbo as to if I can go about my business outdoors.

My biggest weather annoyance though is wind. There are times I like the cold or enjoy the rain beating down outside when I'm indoors but wind really pisses my off. That feeling of something constantly blowing at you and the noise it makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Drizzle. If it's going to rain just ****ing rain, don't leave me in this limbo as to if I can go about my business outdoors.

My biggest weather annoyance though is wind. There are times I like the cold or enjoy the rain beating down outside when I'm indoors but wind really pisses my off. That feeling of something constantly blowing at you and the noise it makes.

Wind is the worst thing about Ireland's weather. 18 degrees should mean being able to get away with a cheeky pair of shorts. A gust of wind and it feels like it could be snowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

tolosenc wrote: »
    Wind is the worst thing about Ireland's weather. 18 degrees should mean being able to get away with a cheeky pair of shorts. A gust of wind and it feels like it could be snowing.

A "cheeky" pair of shorts? Please explain, and bear in mind that a lot of the posters here have minds that are constantly in the sewer.....not me though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A "cheeky" pair of shorts? Please explain, and bear in mind that a lot of the posters here have minds that are constantly in the sewer.....not me though:D

Assless chaps, obviously ;). That's why the wind is such a bother :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

They're the ones with holes cut out around the bum cheeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Assless chaps, obviously ;). That's why the wind is such a bother :D

Depends which direction the wind is blowing in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

They're the shorts you wear going to nandos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Being a townie living on a farm. We had to go and move cattle from one field to another. No one had a plan so there was a lot of yelling and running around like headless chickens.

Next time I want a two page plan, risk assessment and a diagram before I go near those bloody beasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The "we'll buy your phone" company (I wont name it) who thought it was a great idea to do a "leaflet" drop of (30 X 45cm, ish) plastic bags thru the letterbox, sure don't kids hate colourful things like that and wouldn't dream of playing with it. nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Thank you soo much!

How did the use of that expression reach epidemic proportions?

Clumsiness. I hit myself in the jaw with a cupboard door, the irony was that I was putting painkillers back in that cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Guys in flats beside us cooking horrible smelling food and I dont think theres anything i can do to stop the smell coming in :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

When you come in from a night out. You have work in the morning. You know you should go to bed.....then that bottle of white waves at you teasingly from the fridge...... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Already expensive pizza places increasing their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The way Damien Rice pronounces "you" in the blowers daughter.

When the main shower in the house runs out of hot water....have to do that cold wet run to the other shower that heats its own water.
    And always forget to conduct an investigation in to why the hot water ran out in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I can't stop biting my nails. I just bit my thumbnail and a bit of skin came off in the corner, that'll hurt later. I know nail-biting is disgusting and makes a horrible sound, but I can't stop. It's a habit. I once tried that stuff that you dip your nails in, that is supposed to taste horrible and is meant to put you off biting your nails. I liked the taste! Aw cr@p, my thumb is bleeding now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was doing a bit of weeding in the garden last evening, I seem to have got a thistle thorn in my finger, every so often it hits me a dart - annoying!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Keyboard warriors on Facebook with no profile picture, or stuff that isn't even them like football crests, anime characters, their dog.....sorry I can't take anyone serious if they haven't the balls to show their face whilst acting brave :-o

People with no sense of urgency. If we have to be out the door to be somewhere in 5-10 minutes you better move quick. Hate time wasting or dawdling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When the volume of a spilled liquid, doesn't add up to the volume of the original liquid that was contained within a glass/cup.

I sat on the couch the other night and rested my mug where I have been resting it for the last several years.

However on this occasion, my hand suddenly decided to develop epilepsy and flung the contents of the cup onto the floor as I was putting the mug down.

I spent the next five minutes cleaning up the mess and there was so much tea on the ground, I had to eventually go and get a towel.

I then picked up the mug and noticed that only a mouthful of tea was gone from the mug. I had just spent five minutes cleaning about 3 litres of tea from the floor, yet there was only a mouthful gone from my cup. :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

When the volume of a spilled liquid, doesn't add up to the volume of the original liquid that was contained within a glass/cup.

I sat on the couch the other night and rested my mug where I have been resting it for the last several years.

However on this occasion, my hand suddenly decided to develop epilepsy and flung the contents of the cup onto the floor as I was putting the mug down.

I spent the next five minutes cleaning up the mess and there was so much tea on the ground, I had to eventually go and get a towel.

I then picked up the mug and noticed that only a mouthful of tea was gone from the mug. I had just spent five minutes cleaning about 3 litres of tea from the floor, yet there was only a mouthful gone from my cup. :confused::(

so Archimedes was talking through his hole then? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I can't stop biting my nails. I just bit my thumbnail and a bit of skin came off in the corner, that'll hurt later. I know nail-biting is disgusting and makes a horrible sound, but I can't stop. It's a habit. I once tried that stuff that you dip your nails in, that is supposed to taste horrible and is meant to put you off biting your nails. I liked the taste! Aw cr@p, my thumb is bleeding now.

Me too! I have kicked it in the main but have to have a nail file /clippers everywhere I go and use them if I get a nick. I had to try a different brand of nail bite stuff and use it just as a reminder not to be doing it. I found it harder to kick than smoking.

On thread - that ****ING new Vodafone advert. Melts my ****ING brain 😠😠

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

People who buy lovely old houses and then ruin them by adding on modern doors and porches and windows completely out of keeping with the style of the house. If you want a modern house, buy one. don't ruin a beautiful old piece of history.

Not as annoying, but equally daft looking, are modern houses in modern estates where the owner has put in fake Georgian doors and latticed windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It irritates me when one of the news people is talking to a correspondent out foreign, and there's a time delay, so they are listening and nodding their heads sagely, while we are still waiting for them to answer the question, dammit !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People who buy lovely old houses and then ruin them by adding on modern doors and porches and windows completely out of keeping with the style of the house. If you want a modern house, buy one. don't ruin a beautiful old piece of history.

Not as annoying, but equally daft looking, are modern houses in modern estates where the owner has put in fake Georgian doors and latticed windows.

And then there's the ones who buy the house and instantly change the address to a "posher" one, because the real address isn't good enough, Sandyford ISN'T in Foxrock, ffs. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Popped into Tesco today during the lunch hour to get a quick bite to eat as I was in a rush, and there was a hefty enough queue forming at the express checkout. The delay?

Some middle aged one paying for her Irish Daily Mail newspaper using copper coins. And not handing it to the cashier in handfuls like any sensible person would do, but instead rooting through her purse and handing over one coin at a time.

My christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Popped into Tesco today during the lunch hour to get a quick bite to eat as I was in a rush, and there was a hefty enough queue forming at the express checkout. The delay?

Some middle aged one paying for her Irish Daily Mail newspaper using copper coins. And not handing it to the cashier in handfuls like any sensible person would do, but instead rooting through her purse and handing over one coin at a time.

My christ.

There is a special level of Hell created for people like her. The same goes for people who do this when a bus comes.

• Advertisement

Tension headaches. I can't shift it and it's making me feel really arsey and argumentative. Mr Pumpkinseeds has a nasty chest infection and is coughing badly so I'm getting bugger all sleep.:( On the plus side, I discovered that slathering Vicks vaporub on the soles of his feet in bed stops the coughing for a few hours.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Eventually getting through to eircom, only to be put on hold again and transferred. Finally talking to someone and then I get disconnected.

+1 on this. My monster in law used to have a lovely old weekend house in Lincolnshire. The farm house next door was ancient and had really beautiful ornate original features apparently. The old chap who lived there had to sell up and move in with relatives as he was getting stuff stolen from the farm so often that he was afraid to stay anymore.:( Anyways, when the place was sold one of the first things to go was the beautiful old floor, ripped up to be replaced because the new owners wanted underfloor heating.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

The amount of dog shit in the park today that I had to tiptoe around was disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,222 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The amount of dog shit in the park today that I had to tiptoe around was disgraceful.

Something similar happened to me earlier, standing on the one spot, went to move off and discovered I'd stood on melted chewing gum! The absolute horror of trying to walk away with that stuff stretching and afraid it'll snap back and hit my trousers...

Manky fcukers, not as though there's a shortage of bins around the place either! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

ESB online says you've paid the electricity bill but the date of payment is a few days in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Something similar happened to me earlier, standing on the one spot, went to move off and discovered I'd stood on melted chewing gum! The absolute horror of trying to walk away with that stuff stretching and afraid it'll snap back and hit my trousers...

Manky fcukers, not as though there's a shortage of bins around the place either! :mad:

I can beat you all. I stood on a beetle while I was barefoot! Traumatised

Feeling sick all of a sudden and not knowing why. It's passing slowly but I wish it would hurry up.

Everyone thinks because I was unwell last week, that I'm pregnant. Just because I'm living with my boyfriend doesn't mean I'm pregnant! Very annoying.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Feeling sick all of a sudden and not knowing why. It's passing slowly but I wish it would hurry up.

Everyone thinks because I was unwell last week, that I'm pregnant. Just because I'm living with my boyfriend doesn't mean I'm pregnant! Very annoying.

Yep, it's like being in the waiting room at your Gp's with your partner/spouse and people just assume you're pregnant or dying because you're there together.

Yep, it's like being in the waiting room at your Gp's with your partner/spouse and people just assume you're pregnant or dying because you're there together.

It's ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Tension headaches. I can't shift it and it's making me feel really arsey and argumentative.

Have you tried using a pencil? When people are stressed they tend to clench their teeth and muscles between the jaw and the temples tense up, causing the tension headache. If you put a pencil between your back teeth, gripping it with your teeth but not actually biting down, it can help the muscles relax and give you a bit of relief. I've tried it and it works. It looks silly but it's so nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

First world annoyance but restaurants that give you five fat chips instead of a proper portion of chips!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Have you tried using a pencil? When people are stressed they tend to clench their teeth and muscles between the jaw and the temples tense up, causing the tension headache. If you put a pencil between your back teeth, gripping it with your teeth but not actually biting down, it can help the muscles relax and give you a bit of relief. I've tried it and it works. It looks silly but it's so nice!

I'll give it a try. :)

Trying to cook on the bbq and every thing is sticking.
    Don't worry PS, no neighbors have their washing out! :-)

Neighbours of ours got married on a beach in Spain today. No jobs, bunch of kids, pair of scumbags. What the fcuk is going on when the scum can afford foreign holidays/weddings complete with horse drawn carriage while Joe Schmuck works for a living but can't afford a foreign holiday?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement