Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Neighbours of ours got married on a beach in Spain today. No jobs, bunch of kids, pair of scumbags. What the fcuk is going on when the scum can afford foreign holidays/weddings complete with horse drawn carriage while Joe Schmuck works for a living but can't afford a foreign holiday?
    Ah shur what bout der entitlements:confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Colser wrote: »

I really really really need a holiday. We'll get a night away in November and January, but that's the extent of it, that's if we're lucky. The joys of living on one wage and choosing not to have kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

anna080 wrote: »
    I can beat you all. I stood on a beetle while I was barefoot! Traumatised

A slug, in socks. The other day....ewwww

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

+1 on this. My monster in law used to have a lovely old weekend house in Lincolnshire. The farm house next door was ancient and had really beautiful ornate original features apparently. The old chap who lived there had to sell up and move in with relatives as he was getting stuff stolen from the farm so often that he was afraid to stay anymore.:( Anyways, when the place was sold one of the first things to go was the beautiful old floor, ripped up to be replaced because the new owners wanted underfloor heating.:rolleyes:

I don't like when it's done because they think it looks good, though there's no accounting for taste. I think putting fake 'period' features looks pure gank but sure to each their own and all that. So I do get where you're coming from.

But when it's for comfort it's a different matter. I live in a late 18th century building, very 'quirky', original and characteristic. But sometimes (ie usually) I'd love to live in a modern semi-d without flagstone floors and solid stone walls (a nightmare during the damp months). None of my rooms are even regularly-shaped which makes getting furniture a nightmare. Replacing old window frames (which I had to have made to order to accommodate double-glazing) cost me an absolute fortune because I really wanted to keep the original features as much as possible. The old wooden doors etc take a lot of time and money to maintain etc.

tl;dr I'd love underfloor heating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When you follow "celebs" or bloggers on Instagram or twitter and they tell you to follow this person or that person. I will follow who I want when I want and I won't be told to. Do they think we are brain dead idiots who succomb to their every command and can't decide things for ourselves? Dumbasses. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Your ex texting you asking to call over.
    Then seeing his wedding photos on facebook!
    So glad i told him i wasn't interested.

His wedding pictures are dated from before him texting.

So annoyed all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

deise08 wrote: »
    Your ex texting you asking to call over.
    Then seeing his wedding photos on facebook!
    So glad i told him i wasn't interested.

His wedding pictures are dated from before him texting.

So annoyed all the same.

WTF is he playing at?!

Menas wrote: »
    WTF is he playing at?!

Don't know why i'm surprised to be honest.

I'm annoyec that he thinks i'm so stupid that i wouldn't find out.

So tempted to wish him congratulations ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Do it!!

What a scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Staying at a friends house tonight as I have an interview early in the morn. Came to bed for an early night only to hear the house behind us having the loudest party ever. F*ckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Neighbours of ours got married on a beach in Spain today. No jobs, bunch of kids, pair of scumbags. What the fcuk is going on when the scum can afford foreign holidays/weddings complete with horse drawn carriage while Joe Schmuck works for a living but can't afford a foreign holiday?

Ah go on, tell us the one about the Nigerians stealing prams and getting €100k a year on the dole :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Tension headaches. I can't shift it and it's making me feel really arsey and argumentative. Mr Pumpkinseeds has a nasty chest infection and is coughing badly so I'm getting bugger all sleep.:( On the plus side, I discovered that slathering Vicks vaporub on the soles of his feet in bed stops the coughing for a few hours.:)

If you spend any amount of time on a computer and are prone to headaches (as I am) you really should have F.lux installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Colser wrote: »

#demostvulerabelensoceyetee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ripping a CD onto my computer and the Tracklist doesn't correspond
    with the sleeve listings. And having to edit the whole ****ln lot! FFS!

I paid for the ****ln thing! I could have downloaded it for nothing. But I didn't.

This totally gets on my tits!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

It's been a tough week at work and in general and was really looking forward to a good sleep and waking up Saturday morning refreshed. Woke up at 3am with agonising period pains and no sign of getting back to sleep anytime soon. Am gonna be wrecked all day tomorrow now . Grrr

• Advertisement

post congrats on facebook publically and say you couldn't drop over per his invite but that you wish them all the best

:pac:

:eek:. If you took him up on his invitation it probably wouldn't be long before his wife was hammering your door down. What a cheeky git, shows no respect for you let alone his poor wife.

lizzyman wrote: »
    Ah go on, tell us the one about the Nigerians stealing prams and getting €100k a year on the dole :)

Nope, they're white Irish. Lots of pics of their wedding splashed on their Facebook page. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've lost my appetite the past few days. All this lovely food around and I can't eat it without feeling sick :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

KatW4 wrote: »
    I've lost my appetite the past few days. All this lovely food around and I can't eat it without feeling sick :(

*hugs* That really sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

(Mods, please don't ban me for this!)

• Advertisement

*hugs* That really sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Hugo :):) (I hope you don't get banned!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I don't care how your workout was, what you did or how much of a burn you worked up - for the love of God, stop sharing every single work out, run or walking route on social media. And stop using that stupid looking bicep flexing emoji. The amount of people sharing this stuff is unreal. Nobody cares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Woke up with a red pimple on my cheek.
    I didn't have it last night and I'm wondering if midges bit me in my sleep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I don't care how your workout was, what you did or how much of a burn you worked up - for the love of God, stop sharing every single work out, run or walking route on social media. And stop using that stupid looking bicep flexing emoji. The amount of people sharing this stuff is unreal. Nobody cares!

I've been going to gyms before they were fashionable and I've never felt the need to bore the arse of anyone talking about a workout. I fecking hate that "Oh look at me, aren't I great" nonsense. It's just completely pathetic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Rosie Rant wrote: »

"she squats". This usaally shows some slim female with what can only be described as a huge disfigured, out of proportion ass......not in the least bit normal looking.....IMO.

When your secret Chocolate stash disappears. :mad:

I know your pain. Nothing worse than saving a secret little treat for yourself and the very moment you go to get it, some ratbag has got there first.

I know your pain. Nothing worse than saving a secret little treat for yourself and the very moment you go to get it, some ratbag has got there first.

Its just not right.

Bastards! :mad:

Shall I assemble "the boys"? *pumps shotgun*

Bastards! :mad:

Shall I assemble "the boys"? *pumps shotgun*

We are down to two suspects. I am rather fond of both of them..but still...ya know...my stash man!

• Advertisement

We are down to two suspects. I am rather fond of both of them..but still...ya know...my stash man!

You must remain resolute, you must not falter, justice must be served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When you're in a group chat with your friends on whatsapp but two certain people keep using it as a place to organise stuff outside of the group when they could just message each other directly.. Hmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When to O.H gives out that the cereal has gone soft in the big box, hmmm why wouldn't it, every packet she opens looks like if fought back with her, and ya cant seal it to keep the air out. the trays of biscuits, burst open and tear down the centre, eat one, (I eat the rest so they don't go soft :rolleyes: )

In someone else's house and they fall asleep. I never know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

KatW4 wrote: »
    In someone else's house and they fall asleep. I never know what to do!
    Wrap the kitchen in kitchen paper/toilet paper.

My TA is an aggressive driver who drives right behind you - they know that I couldn't drive any faster with the speed limit - pass me or back off.

The ad for kitchen towel, the one he claims that you can clean a cat flap with only one sheet, and a wet sheet at that. Total bollox. That kitchen roll is crap and anyone with a cat flap will know that you really have to give it some welly when you're cleaning one. :D

Doesn't soak up much blood either, I needed more than 1 when I ran a knife over my finger, (8 stiches) you cant squeeze or ring out a wet paper towel anyway,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ugh. Went to take a glug of milk from the carton, and the rim tasted of the chocolate my boyfriend was eating earlier.

I can't even confront him for drinking the milk straight from the carton, or he'd know that I do it too.

Sometimes I really miss living alone! :mad: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I hate the smell of windscreen washer. Gives me a headache! Yet oh insists on cleaning the window every frickin time we get in the car! Grrrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Spilling a bag of frozen peas all over the floor. :o

I've been browsing properties online in Devon and I found my perfect dream home, shame it's only 2.250 million pounds. Oh well, a girl can dream.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

NOS3 wrote: »

Knocking a new box of cotton buds all over the bathroom floor when rushing out the door for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was at the National Concert Hall last night, but the experience was pretty much ruined by the people around me. Classical music can have some very quiet sections, during which everyone needs to sit still and shut up, basically. If you need to cough, a loud bit will be along soon enough. But nope, behind me I had some teenager who obviously didn't want to be there, with a chronic cough, hacking his lungs out every thirty seconds.

For the first half of the concert, I had an empty seat next to me, since the lady who booked it was late and grabbed a seat on the aisle. After the interval she took her seat next to me, and spent the rest of the evening fidgeting, bumping in to my shoulder, smacking her lips, tapping her toes, burping, and (I strongly suspect) farting. It's impossible to concentrate on the music with a toxic person next to you.

Did I say anything? No, you can't, because then I'd have been disrupting the experiences of others. The stupid cow was clearly so lacking in self-awareness that I'd have had to explain her transgressions to her, following which she'd probably accuse me of repressing her or violating her god-given "freedom" to spread her negative vibes around like her so much flatus. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

As per my previous post about the married ex.

So i texted 'belated congratulations' and have received nothing back.

God I'm even more annoyed now.
    Ha ha ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

As per my previous post about the married ex.

So i texted 'belated congratulations' and have received nothing back.

God I'm even more annoyed now.
    Ha ha ha

If you had called over though innocently, how could you not have noticed all his wife's stuff everywhere? What a chancer.

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    If you had called over though innocently, how could you not have noticed all his wife's stuff everywhere? What a chancer.

He wanted to call to mine!! Ha ha ha

I should have stalked facebook sooner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

He wanted to call to mine!! Ha ha ha

I should have stalked facebook sooner.

It's not your fault. I pity his wife.

NOS3 wrote: »

Was it fighting back with you, like they do with my O.H and bag ends up in bits?:eek:

Not feeling like posting in your regular forums for ages due to some weird feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the amount of food wastage from fast food restaurants that could be given to the homeless.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement