Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Up to this point in time, I've managed never to see a performance of "IKeano".
    Was thinking about seeing the re - run..........................................................................until the present Poster campaign on Buses and Billboards and other locations interesting or otherwise has reached beyond saturation point....such Adverts have now well wore out their welcome............................
    so I won't go and see IKeano now. Remember the story is over 10 years old now. It was'nt that pivotal an event really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

So many people are now hipsters..... That..... Being a hipster is now mainstream....

Brian (to the crowd) "You are all individuals"

Crowd " We are all individuals"

Voice from the back: " I'm not"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,543 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Palisade fencing...the bloody ugly stuff is everywhere. Defaces nice countryside and makes urban areas look like the outskirts of a South African town.

Palisade fencing...the bloody ugly stuff is everywhere. Defaces nice countryside and makes urban areas look like the outskirts of a South African town.

Someone mentioned this before on boards a few years ago. It was only after I read it that I started to notice how true it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Butters_Stotch

When a room goes so quiet you feel like you can actually hear the silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Waiting for the postman. Jesus, delivery my goodies already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I've fallen in love with one of the puppies. My husband won't let me keep him though :( I've named him and let myself get too attached. Damn it.

Im going to be so upset saying goodbye to every one of them. They are the cutest things in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate the way tall people are able to walk so damn fast while making it appear that they are walking normally, due to their bigger stride length.

Really p*sses me off when I'm jogging and someone in front of me is walking at almost the same pace as me when I'm knackered, and it feels like it takes forever for me to get past them!

I was hobbling along last night on my 'power walk' and an elderly man was almost keeping pace with me. In my defence, I was in a lot of pain, but still like, the humiliation of it. I can try to convince myself that he was an especially fit oap, but I'd be kidding myself.

I know what you mean. The last update on a package I've been waiting for was last Saturday. It just tells me it's in transit, nothing else.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I know what you mean. The last update on a package I've been waiting for was last Saturday. It just tells me it's in transit, nothing else.:mad:

Where's it coming from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Running hands under hot water for that bit too long, where the scalding hot water goes all the way to your finger tips and scalds the **** out of them.

And he has arrived!

Followed 5 mins later by a courier delivery man from a different company delivering more goodies.
    They are like busses....

And he has arrived!

Followed 5 mins later by a courier delivery man from a different company delivering more goodies.
    They are like busses....

Blow her up, lube her up and giddyup for the afternoon so :pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    Where's it coming from?

California.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

kfallon wrote: »
    Blow her up, lube her up and giddyup for the afternoon so :pac:

You're so dirty :)

eternal wrote: »
    You're so dirty :)

I'm not the one who bought her/it ffs!

TA that there is no football on the box tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate that I'm such a ridiculously slow eater. I can't help it, I just can't eat quickly. I had dinner at my future mother in law's house today and I was still finishing my dinner when everyone else was finishing dessert. I was struggling to finish a particularly big potato while my icecream was softening in a bowl beside my plate. When my boyfriend and I first got together, his family used to wait politely for me to finish my dinner before serving up dessert. There was lots of politely concealed impatience and cursory glances at my burning face. Now his mum knows that she should just leave my dessert there and I'll get to it eventually! I dread eating in restaurants. The poor waiting staff!!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I dread eating in restaurants. The poor waiting staff!!

Fúck them, take your time, you're prob paying enough to eat there so let them wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Just found six napkins in with my roll that I just bought. SIX.
    A grown adult needs one, maximum.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Bread that's gone off but isn't mouldy yet and tastes all fusty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

libelula wrote: »
    Just found six napkins in with my roll that I just bought. SIX.
    A grown adult needs one, maximum.

My TA is the opposite. I hate it when you only get one measly napkin!

ratmouse wrote: »

And you've got kebab sauce dripping down to your elbows!!

What do you be at?! Skiteing food all over yourself? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,199 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PandaPoo wrote: »
    And you've got kebab sauce dripping down to your elbows!!

http://dawningcreates.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/archer-phrasing2-300x225.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

queue rapists. these deviants who stand right up behind you.

i feel your breath on my neck.
    somebody close to me.

• Advertisement

When you have the music on your phone on shuffle and Fairytale Of New York comes on and it's so far away from Christmas! :mad: :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Nutella pizza - some Dublin takeaways sell this cuisine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

The existence of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My lack of motivation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

fiachr_a wrote: »

That would just be... Nutella on toast, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

KatW4 wrote: »
    My lack of motivation.

TA: Also, my lack of moti

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I could not give a sh1t about Jeremy Clarkson's BBC contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

People with zero spatial awareness in close surroundings like public transport. Stuff like refusing to take off your dumb rucksack or slamming into people's space.

Like the moron beside me that looks like she's reading this as I type it.

Jesus, I'm sick and tired of hearing news coverage about bloody Jeremy Clarkson, the guys a wan*er who presents a car programme. His loss isn't a tragedy, enough already with the news coverage, at this rate they'll be interviewing dogs in the street for their opinion on the matter.

This rubbish about breaking the internet. Go away!! I don't want to read those words together on every single article I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: I'm on a health kick over the past few weeks, but I've to work late tonight and can feel my belly starting to rattle.
    The canteen is closed and the only healthy thing the vending machines have are bottles of water!
    Galaxy Caramels are full of essential nutrients right?

Right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

What annoys me a little is that every single shop assistant seems to use that 'are you ok there?' phrase these days now. Whats wrong with 'can I help you with something' or 'what can I do for you' or 'yes please' or the likes. Its kinda flippant I find. Its like its too much to acknowledge they're there to actually serve you.

Ye I'm fkn grand here, great spot this, anything else you wanna ask me?

Boskowski wrote: »
    What annoys me a little is that every single shop assistant seems to use that 'are you ok there?' phrase these days now. Whats wrong with 'can I help you with something' or 'what can I do for you' or 'yes please' or the likes. Its kinda flippant I find. Its like its too much to acknowledge they're there to actually serve you.

Ye I'm fkn grand here, great spot this, anything else you wanna ask me?

I can top that. Bought some cheap knickers this morning in Dunnes and yer wan behind the desk asked me if I like boxer style knickers, I don't, so I said no, at which point she grabbed a pair of pink boxer style knickers off a rail behind her and started telling me how comfy they are and how much she loves them. :eek: Eh feck off love, I don't like discussing my underwear with strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

fiachr_a wrote: »

Holy sh1t! Sounds amazing! :D

Kids, particularly the really, really, really annoying ones. There was one in Lidl this morning and he kept shouting his little head off. He was shouting the name of everything he passed in the shop, i.e, bananas. That wasn't as bad as the constant shouts of Mommy, mom, mommy, mommy mom. I actually felt really sorry for his mum, I could barely cope with it for the few minutes that I was in the shop, I honestly have no idea how people cope with kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

I was hobbling along last night on my 'power walk' and an elderly man was almost keeping pace with me. In my defence, I was in a lot of pain, but still like, the humiliation of it. I can try to convince myself that he was an especially fit oap, but I'd be kidding myself.

Bird overtook me in heels last year, and as a born bogger I walk fast.

Morto I was.

Jogging to keep up with a young wan is not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Smidge wrote: »
    Seriously????
    She actually said this to you?
    And you didn't respond with telling her to fukc right off with her judgemental crap about your appearance(although a well timed uppercut would have been sweet)

Jesus, and people wonder why bullying in schools is rife.......
    It's not off the stones they lick it.

Yes she actually said that to me, and even tho I wanted to tell her to f off I decided that I wouldn't let myself down. I just ignored her and one of the other mothers started talking to me about make up and clothes, really just to piss her off.

I thought when I left school that I would leave all the bitchiness behind, but some women are just bitches at any age.

My boyfriend's dad just backed into my car and has left quite a dent in the back door. I don't really mind as I had it parked in a silly place. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is being completely ridiculous about it. Some people over react far too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

anncoates wrote: »
    People with zero spatial awareness in close surroundings like public transport. Stuff like refusing to take off your dumb rucksack or slamming into people's space.

Like the moron beside me that looks like she's reading this as I type it.

Hate this. They always stand sideways with their mouths open too *kicks*

I just had someone ring my mobile, it was a mobile number I didn't recognise so I didn't answer. He left a voicemail, 2 sentences and I couldn't understand what he said. no idea who it was.

I text the number to ask who it was but got no answer. Annoying.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    it was a mobile number I didn't recognise so I didn't answer.

This is one of my biggest TA's :D
    They can't kill you over the phone, and if it's someone you don't want to speak to, just hang up!

libelula wrote: »
    This is one of my biggest TA's :D
    They can't kill you over the phone, and if it's someone you don't want to speak to, just hang up!

No way, hate getting stuck talking. I just don't answer, if it's important they'll send a message or leave a voicemail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

So many people are now hipsters..... That..... Being a hipster is now mainstream....

It's square to be hip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Preparations needed for the NCT. Hate having to go to the hassle of temporarily having to empty all my work equipment out of the boot.

• Advertisement

Preparations needed for the NCT. Hate having to go to the hassle of temporarily having to empty all my work equipment out of the boot.

Mine is coming up. Every two years I need to spend about half an hour with the hair dryer trying to get the condensation out of the left indicator light chassis before driving down to get the NCT.
    And then when you pass - feel like dumping the car and getting pissed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement