Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

selous wrote: »
    Was it fighting back with you, like they do with my O.H and bag ends up in bits?:eek:

I thought it was unopened so I walked to the kitchen holding in downwards, and half the contents poured out a hidden hole and rolled all over the floor. I tried sweeping them all up but I know I will still be finding them over the next couple of days :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

deise08 wrote: »
    As per my previous post about the married ex.

So i texted 'belated congratulations' and have received nothing back.

God I'm even more annoyed now.
    Ha ha ha

You deserve much better D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

People who post 'first world problem' as if it's such an original response.

Yes, I know rude waiters, annoying drivers, and noisy neighbours are not on a par with real suffering and deprivation. And you know that I know that. So stop being a sanctimonious twat. We're still entitled to sound off about rude and inconsiderate behaviour. If you don't like it, don't open those threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I am TA because all day I have been irrationally annoyed about nothing.
    Just woke up annoyed and totally pee'd off :mad:
    Its the fact that I dont KNOW what I am annoyed at thats annoying me :o

People who post 'first world problem' as if it's such an original response.

Yes, I know rude waiters, annoying drivers, and noisy neighbours are not on a par with real suffering and deprivation. And you know that I know that. So stop being a sanctimonious twat. We're still entitled to sound off about rude and inconsiderate behaviour. If you don't like it, don't open those threads.

Well said Bella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ed Byrne on Mock the Week, he just hangs around a bit too long in the open mic sessions after he cracks his jokes.

Ed Byrne himself is more than a trivial annoyance for me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That fùcking GAAGO advert on the RTE player. Give me strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Aidric wrote: »
    That fùcking GAAGO advert on the RTE player. Give me strength.

*D4 Accent*

"COME ON DONEGAWL"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Kanye West is such a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Was away overnight and my husband slept on my side of the bed. Am v particular and weird about my bed space. And possesive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ed Byrne on Mock the Week, he just hangs around a bit too long in the open mic sessions after he cracks his jokes.

Ed Byrne himself is more than a trivial annoyance for me though!

The whole mock the week....

It's all bloody scripted... with DOB just saying "ahhhhhh" to make it sound like he's trying to think on the spot (when obviously the joke is written down in front of him).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who spit when they talk. How do you wipe it from your face without insulting the person? But I can't just leave it there either. Yuck!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

KatW4 wrote: »
    People who spit when they talk. How do you wipe it from your face without insulting the person? But I can't just leave it there either. Yuck!!!!

If someone coughs or sneezes in front of me, I always exaggeratedly wipe my face immediately afterwards, whether it hit me or not. It annoys the hell out of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

highlighting something on the computer (maybe to copy and paste), and the bit you want to highlight goes onto the next page.

so you highlight page 1 in blue .... drag down ...

... nope not budging.... drag down a lil more .... nope ...

..... a teeeeny bit more .... annnnnd zooooom BANG its 1-2-3-4-5 pages down

sht, no, drag up ... nothing ... drag up a lil more .... zoooom... top of the document.

ok computer you win, very well, i shall hold the button and tab down with the arrow keys, i surrender, i am trivially annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

People thinking that you're thick as two planks!
    Blatantly lying to you.
    Denying it even when you have proof!

The weird little pulse that happens in your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have a sore blister on the side of my tongue. Annoyingly, I can't stop biting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Americans pronouncing Tunisia as 'Chooneezha'! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm dying with a cold, and can't stop running to the toilet. My mother thinks it's hilarious to ask me could I be pregnant :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Americans pronouncing Tunisia as 'Chooneezha'! :(

I suppose it makes a change from hearing them pronoune Iraq as eye rack. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So I was enjoying a nice Sunday dinner earlier and I went and bit the inside of my lip. Of course once wasn't enough, because I had to go and bite the very same spot again several minutes later.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you feel/know you're going to be sick but it stops at the last second and you're left with that horrible acidic feeling in your throat and mouth. also that heavy queasy feeling in your stomach that can only be relieved by vomiting, but don't want to vomit as you'll be left with that ****ty feeling in your mouth.

So I was enjoying a nice Sunday dinner earlier and I went and bit the inside of my lip. Of course once wasn't enough, because I had to go and bite the very same spot again several minutes later.:(

Absoute agony!

I bite the inside of my mouth when I sleep. It's so bad that I have a raised line where I keep biting it. It's super annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

KatW4 wrote: »
    I bite the inside of my mouth when I sleep. It's so bad that I have a raised line where I keep biting it. It's super annoying.

This should sort that problem out for you.

..............:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

"keep it in now Joseph. Say nothin.'

That stupid denny ad!

• Advertisement

Wouldn't I look well with that yoke on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Violent sneezing fits and the constant urge to go to the toilet do not go hand in hand, and are not a pleasant way to spend a Sunday :(

izzzzreeeeeahhhhhl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Sliced cheddar slices that stick together in the packet and make assembling a sandwich a real pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Seeing the best car you ever owned getting dissed on Top Gear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    Seeing the best car you ever owned getting dissed on Top Gear!
    Looks like they kept the worse til last:P
    What did you think of the Willy wheels?:D Anyway I will miss that show..always got a laugh from it ..

Casual bitchiness. Bitchiness for just the sake of it. I've encountered it a couple of times today and it's bewildering. Happy people don't feel the need to snark at others for no reason, I'm fairly sure the guy doing it isn't particularly happy with life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Losing the end of a roll of Sellotape. Has caused me many near-nervous breakdowns in my time.

Trying to find a specific person to block on FB but you don't know their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Trying to cook on the bbq and every thing is sticking.
    Don't worry PS, no neighbors have their washing out! :-)

last time we used the BBQ (a gas one ) my boyfriend used a baking tray from the oven and covered in tinfoil and put the stuff on that on the BBQ - worked perfect and no cleaning the BBQ afterwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

messrs wrote: »
    last time we used the BBQ (a gas one ) my boyfriend used a baking tray from the oven and covered in tinfoil and put the stuff on that on the BBQ - worked perfect and no cleaning the BBQ afterwards :)

Sounds like he just turned it into a crap oven.

Colser wrote: »
    Looks like they kept the worse til last:P
    What did you think of the Willy wheels?:D Anyway I will miss that show..always got a laugh from it ..

I only watched the Classic car film, the first one. :(
    Too upset to watch the rest of the show - will watch it tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

PARlance wrote: »
    Sounds like he just turned it into a crap oven.

Nope, still worked fine and tasted just as good as it would have if it had been direct on the BBQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

In the toilet cubicles in work, they have small posters behind each cubicle door, and some are of 'work themed' ads featuring staff members.

I really don't want to see colleagues faces staring out at me while sitting on the pot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

bluewolf wrote: »
    izzzzreeeeeahhhhhl

How about Ukrania?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The office worker with the sunglasses on her head since she came in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

People, pottering along in the overtaking lane. If you're not overtaking, GTFO! :mad:

People who walk in the centre of the aisle. I got stuck behind a guy in Lidl this morning and couldn't get past him because there were staff restocking shelves. The fcuker kept stopping and starting so in the end I had to turn back and use a different aisle to get by. On the plus side I only had 1 item and a lady kindly offered to let me go ahead of her at the checkout.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Go to a nice restaurant for a meal of a Saturday night and the background musak is some wannabe Sinatra whining away. Play the man himself or don't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

People who use the word "loose" instead of "lose" annoys the bejaysus out of me lately.

I thought it was confined to the Soccer forum, eg "I can't believe we're loosing 3-0 to Villa at half time" but it seems to be popping up all over the place.....or maybe I'm loosing my mind

Cartman78 wrote: »
    People who use the word "loose" instead of "lose" annoys the bejaysus out of me lately.

I thought it was confined to the Soccer forum, eg "I can't believe we're loosing 3-0 to Villa at half time" but it seems to be popping up all over the place.....or maybe I'm loosing my mind

I am guilty of that. But in my defence I do have dyslexia.

Loose and Lose. I have to look it up each time.
    Been and Being. Same thing.
    Affected and Effected. Ditto.

Words are a big jumble for me. :(

Just read that the local shopping centre is going to be running a kids playgroup on Thursday afternoons all through July and August. Bad enough in itself, but the real kicker is that the area described as the Kids Play area, is right outside the fcuking bank in the busiest part of the mofo shopping mall. Whatever fcukwit thought that one up should be strung up by the balls.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Just read that the local shopping centre is going to be running a kids playgroup on Thursday afternoons all through July and August. Bad enough in itself, but the real kicker is that the area described as the Kids Play area, is right outside the fcuking bank in the busiest part of the mofo shopping mall. Whatever fcukwit thought that one up should be strung up by the balls.:mad:

How is this a problem exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

whiskeyman wrote: »
    In the toilet cubicles in work, they have small posters behind each cubicle door, and some are of 'work themed' ads featuring staff members.

I really don't want to see colleagues faeces staring out at me while sitting on the pot!!

Corrected that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I am guilty of that. But in my defence I do have dyslexia.

Loose and Lose. I have to look it up each time.
    Been and Being. Same thing.
    Affected and Effected. Ditto.

Words are a big jumble for me. :(

You are obviously intelligent but just cannot spell Mensa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement