Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Frozen pizza in Spar is €4.79 but for 2 it's only a fiver. Can't get the logic there.
    Surely they're overcharging for the single pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Frozen pizza in Spar is €4.79 but for 2 it's only a fiver. Can't get the logic there.

I recently discovered Steamers in the local cafe. You get a large glass of frothy steamed milk with a shot of flavouring (chai is my favorite, with chocolate being a close second). Its only €1. Add a shot of coffee and suddenly its €4.50. Surely the little bit of coffee in a latte cant cost that much? Sometimes I just think prices are arbitrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Amanda (my best friend is Bono) Brunker is on the radio.. how is that eejet still getting airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Spanish tourists that take up the entire footpath and refuse to move, I sometimes get the psychotic urge to shove them into traffic. (Except the good looking ones)

That'll learn em!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when two shows are clashing and you have to flick between them (don't have sky+)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Older teenagers in the kiddies playground. Get a life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

When you say something to somebody, and because they've a lack of personality and original thought, they try to he witty and respond with "first world problem"

Ie - "ah jaysus I'm after leaving my phone charger in work" and they respond "first world problem much!!'

Jog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

dulux99 wrote: »
    When you say something to somebody, and because they've a lack of personality and original thought, they try to he witty and respond with "first world problem"

Ie - "ah jaysus I'm after leaving my phone charger in work" and they respond "first world problem much!!'

Jog on.

Like the heated seats on the Aston Martin either warm or too hot, heard someone on the radio saying that some months ago, (must have been the cheap one, snort) now that's a first world problem, (or an A-hole)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm in that mood where I'm all worked up and annoyed but can't put my finger on what exactly is annoying me.

its a very hot day in ireland 20 something degrees (presuming you live here)could be making you irritable. I know it bothers me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Robsweezie wrote:
    its a very hot day in ireland 20 something degrees (presuming you live here)could be making you irritable. I know it bothers me anyway.

I do live here :) It could be the heat!

I've not been myself recently and I really don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Standing over pasta while it cooks so that it doesnt boil over..do a big yawn and a stretch and in the blink of an eye it spews out all over the hob:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Robsweezie wrote: »

Nice to know I'm not alone. I get awfully cranky in warm weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Are them big bum Kardashians ever out of the news, well the cr.p news anyway?

Cannot open a paper online but they are there.

But I should read the Guardian and the IT I suppose. Must try that soon.

But honestly, what have they done for us. They are not like the fekkin Romans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Are them big bum Kardashians ever out of the news, well the cr.p news anyway?

Cannot open a paper online but they are there.

But I should read the Guardian and the IT I suppose. Must try that soon.

But honestly, what have they done for us. They are not like the fekkin Romans.

I actually despise everything Kardashian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Colser wrote: »
    Standing over pasta while it cooks so that it doesnt boil over..do a big yawn and a stretch and in the blink of an eye it spews out all over the hob:mad:

My friend, I know your pain.

I have it sorted now thanks to another blog.

Bring water to boil. Put in pot, add pasta, bring to boil again AND WATCH IT FOR A FEW MINUTES PLEASE. When it comes to boil again, turn off heat, put lid on and leave for fifteen minutes. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The phrase "too cute" - it's too annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

My tracksuit bottoms had no pocket so I had to store my house key in my bra when I went for a walk.

<Goose plays a John Lee Hooker-style Da-da-da-DUM! in anticipation of the second verse> :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

My friend, I know your pain.

I have it sorted now thanks to another blog.

Bring water to boil. Put in pot, add pasta, bring to boil again AND WATCH IT FOR A FEW MINUTES PLEASE. When it comes to boil again, turn off heat, put lid on and leave for fifteen minutes. Sorted.

I just put the pasta in cold water, add salt and bring it up to a boil. Once the water is boiling just turn the heat down to a simmer and 10 minutes later the pasta is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Cyclists cycling two or three across on roads. If you're going to do that you had better be going at an acceptable car speed otherwise show some manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Cyclists cycling two or three across on roads. If you're going to do that you had better be going at an acceptable car speed otherwise show some manners.

Cycling two abreast is perfectly legal, leave them alone. As for three abreast one should get in behind obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    It's a waste of time using bleach. Bleach has ammonia in it, which is also in the urine, so the dogs like the smell. Use hot water with a dish washer or washing powder tablet dissolved in it.

Though it would be better if the owners made sure it did not happen in the first place.

Thanks for that! I thought they would hate the smell and stay away. I don't know much about animals. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

anna080 wrote: »
    I actually despise everything Kardashian

Now, they are a fcuking adjective. The world has just gotten a little bit worse.

Buying a tank load of petrol at 1.45 a litre. But by the time I am leaving the forecourt the guy is adjusting the machines to lower the price to 1.44.
    Pesky bad timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Does anyone else feel like 99% of all coverage of the Kardashians is people complaining about how much coverage the Kardashians get? If people are so sick of them why do hey have to bring them up constantly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Blokes that wear long sleeve shirts all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

T-shirts with the word Tokyo on them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

fiachr_a wrote: »

I was in a Tesco Metro in temple bar a while ago , went into buy grated cheese, 1 pack was €2.99 but it was 2 for €3!!! only needed 1 but made no sense not to get 2 as I was only paying 1cent for the second pack!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Kev W wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like 99% of all coverage of the Kardashians is people complaining about how much coverage the Kardashians get? If people are so sick of them why do hey have to bring them up constantly?

Who are hey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

jimgoose wrote: »
    <Goose plays a John Lee Hooker-style Da-da-da-DUM! in anticipation of the second verse> :)

:D The second verse would be about awkwardly fumbling in a bra cup trying to extract the key when I got home. It's difficult to do discreetly.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Waiting for my period to arrive. I know, TMI, but what the hell.

Was due them last week. Didn't arrive. So every day I had to anticipate it and wear a pad, which in this weather is horrible.

Bloody hate the anticipation, especially if I'm going to the gym and fear it happening as I'm working out.
    And it never arrives when you're just at home doing nothing. Oh no, it's not considerate like that.

You'll be there, in your white jeans or in church or something (who am I kidding, I don't go to church) and HELLO! IM HERE!

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Waiting for my period to arrive. I know, TMI, but what the hell.

Was due them last week. Didn't arrive. So every day I had to anticipate it and wear a pad, which in this weather is horrible.

Bloody hate the anticipation, especially if I'm going to the gym and fear it happening as I'm working out.
    And it never arrives when you're just at home doing nothing. Oh no, it's not considerate like that.

You'll be there, in your white jeans or in church or something (who am I kidding, I don't go to church) and HELLO! IM HERE!

Yup, TMI!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There is a stupid ad on my phone in this thread for "uber", whatever the hell that is. All I have to do is scroll past it, and it loads and opens another tab. It's doing my head in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Menas wrote: »
    Yup, TMI!

I know! It was a TA, though, but I apologise :D:o

73Cat wrote: »
    There is a stupid ad on my phone in this thread for "uber", whatever the hell that is. All I have to do is scroll past it, and it loads and opens another tab. It's doing my head in :(

There is a whole thread in the feedback forum about that. Its driving loads of us nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Kanye Gobsh1te West, murdering Bohemian Rhapsody.

He should have his testicles stapled (rusty staples) to his knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When people don't put clothes pegs back on the line properly, making it really hard to push them along to make room for the washing as it goes up. Every single one of them was on ar$eways. At least there's great drying out ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When you forget that the electricity in your area is being turned off for the day. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Colleague has the sound on on their pc speakers and apparently keeps clicking on stuff they're not meant to be clicking on, or getting system messages. Bing! Bing! Bing!!!! Just turn the damn speakers off and only enable your headphones.

Am feeling decidedly irritable and lazy today. Have the day off and was meant to go into town to get a few things but I cannot get up off my behind. Everyone is annoying me lately, except for my dog and the stray cat that comes to the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 TheFin

Typical...

from: theguardian.com/business/2015/apr/21/uk-supermarkets-dupe-shoppers-out-of-hundreds-of-millions-says-which

Multi-buys: prices are increased on multi-buy deals so that the saving is less than claimed. Asda increased the price of a Chicago Town Four Cheese Pizza two-pack from £1.50 to £2 last year and then offered a multi-buy deal at two for £3. A single pack went back to £1.50 when the “offer” ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    When people don't put clothes pegs back on the line properly, making it really hard to push them along to make room for the washing as it goes up. Every single one of them was on ar$eways. At least there's great drying out ;) .

They shouldn't be left on the line in the first place. Put them in the peg box! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Rosie Rant wrote: »

Even worse is when, once in a blue moon, I ask my husband to hang out the clothes and he clamps the pegs on them, right in the middle, one peg per item, and leaves peg marks. And he never stretches them out, leaving them wrinkly and unevenly dried. It's easy: streth item, peg as near as possible to seams... it's not rocket science. (I reckon he does it badly so that I never ask him again.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was checking out some property online for my brother last night. And it was so obvious that some of the agents had tried to deceive the viewer. I know bad Photoshop when I see it and the attempts to make some rooms & houses appear bigger was beyond laughable. I fecking hate that kind of blatant deception.

Well who knew that painting the garden furniture could be such a pain in the arse and be the cause of such tension and arguments :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Supermarkets, more specifically idiots in supermarkets. I was behind this 'wan at the checkout this afternoon. She was fiddling with her pram and kept reversing into my trolley, then she'd turn around each time and glare at me as though I were bumping her, honestly, I wasn't. That happened 3 or 4 times and I just ignored her. I even ignored her when all my shopping was getting shoved over to the side of the aisle after being scanned because she was fussing with putting her change away. I ignored her when she put not only her handbag on the counter to rifle through her purse, but also decided to pull out the baby bag she had for the toddler, pop that on the checkout, pull the shopping from other places she shopped out from under the pram and start trying to pack it even though her transaction was completely done.

The kicker came when she finally started to push the pram towards the door and I'd moved my trolley about an inch. The silly bint reversed back into me, catching the wheel of her pram under the trolley and proceeded to tell me how rude I was and that I could have given her 2 minutes to move on. I had a massive headache and the most polite I could be was to tell her that if she'd shut up already we'd both be finished. I so so so wanted to rip her a new arse.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Fully grown adult housemates who lack the ability to put rubbish in the right bin , load a dishwasher properly or clean / complete lack of general housesharing eqiteuette.

Pumpkinseeds methinks you need to stay away from the supermarkets, they seem to be the source of your irritation :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 TheFin

ah clothes pegs....I have to keep reminding the wife when she puts two pegs of different colours on a piece of washing..I think she does it to annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

The word douchebag and anybody who uses it.

TheFin wrote: »
    ah clothes pegs....I have to keep reminding the wife when she puts two pegs of different colours on a piece of washing..I think she does it to annoy me

What does it matter if they're different colours?! Maybe you should do it yourself so :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement