Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

fussyonion wrote: »
    Waiting for my period to arrive. I know, TMI, but what the hell.

Was due them last week. Didn't arrive. So every day I had to anticipate it and wear a pad, which in this weather is horrible.

Bloody hate the anticipation, especially if I'm going to the gym and fear it happening as I'm working out.
    And it never arrives when you're just at home doing nothing. Oh no, it's not considerate like that.

You'll be there, in your white jeans or in church or something (who am I kidding, I don't go to church) and HELLO! IM HERE!

It's not trivial if you suspect that it might not arrive and you're really hoping that it does. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Typing on boards using laptop, I'm ta that it doesn't auto-fill the words like my phone would - I'm getting lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Grabone advertising Christmas Markets:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

It's not trivial if you suspect that it might not arrive and you're really hoping that it does. :eek: :D

Or the opposite. :(

TheFin wrote: »
    ah clothes pegs....I have to keep reminding the wife when she puts two pegs of different colours on a piece of washing..I think she does it to annoy me

What? The same coloured pegs should never, ever be next to each other*! Vary it a bit. Mixing up the coloured clothes pegs is the only creative outlet I get. (I also like to hang contrasting coloured clothes next to each other :o It looks nice.)

On an unrelated note, I really need a hobby.

*Obvious exception made for wooden clothes pegs. Ok sometimes they snag your clothes, they always leave a mark, but they very rarely break. (Yep, I definitely need a hobby).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Grown men who refer to their friends as 'the lads'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

JanaMay wrote:
    What? The same coloured pegs should never, ever be next to each other*! Vary it a bit. Mixing up the coloured clothes pegs is the only creative outlet I get. (I also like to hang contrasting coloured clothes next to each other It looks nice.)

I have a special way of hanging out my clothes as well. My pegs come in 4 different colours and I usually follow a certain colour pattern along the line! Sad, isn't it? :D Each item has to be hung with identical pegs though! I think silly things like that make the whole thing a bit more 'fun'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

RayM wrote: »
    Grown men who refer to their friends as 'the lads'.

Christ, thank you. I saw a deal at a barbers for a hot towel shave and beer breakfast for 'the groom and three of his boys'. Anyone infantile enough to refer to their friends as 'the lads/boys/pals' has no business getting married.

JanaMay wrote: »
    Or the opposite. :(

I've never thought of it that way, I've spent all of my sexually active life trying to avoid getting pregnant, almost to the point of paranoia. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Started watching a tv series last night and am addicted. Am 7 episodes into a 22 part season and there are 5 seasons.
    Can't forsee any washing/ironing/cooking or childcare being done for at least a month!

• Advertisement

miezekatze wrote: »
    I have a special way of hanging out my clothes as well. My pegs come in 4 different colours and I usually follow a certain colour pattern along the line! Sad, isn't it? :D Each item has to be hung with identical pegs though! I think silly things like that make the whole thing a bit more 'fun'.

It's never fun! But it has to look good. A planned randomness of colour: never two pegs of the same colour on the same item, clashing colours next to each other! Except when I do a white wash then all the whites have to go on the same line. (I seem to spend the guts of my day doing washing and hanging it out. I hate it. I'd love to employ someone to do it for me. But nobody else on this planet will ever do it the way I want it done!)

Oh feck, has my life really come to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

theres a girl on the radio now, one of those 'feminists' who just appears to have a clear problem with men, says men don't approach her in nightclubs because theyre intimidated by her as she's not ''easy'', she comes on all the time just basically running the opposite sex down with her ''men are bastards'' tirades. shes the type that will always find a reason to condemn men in any argument involving gender . TA'd by her and and everyone like her. theres a difference between empowering your own gender and just pure man hatred.

I've never thought of it that way, I've spent all of my sexually active life trying to avoid getting pregnant, almost to the point of paranoia. :D

The other side of the coin can drive you to paranoia too. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Anything that has "keep calm and........" fuc_king wreaks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm TA'd that I don't have a special way to put pegs on my clothes to hang them out. I must be doing something wrong :p:(

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

My parents are coming to visit so unless you could eat off the walls, my house won't be clean enough :( still have to try though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Men who wear slim fitting or skinny-ish jeans and then ram their I-phone into their pocket. Kinda ruins the look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Forgetting my mouse has a scroll wheel and moving the pointer to drag the scrollbar down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Android phone and tablet - every time I switch them on there seems to be some update. I have downloaded very few apps and deleted a lot of the ones it came with.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Marje wrote: »
    Typing on boards using laptop, I'm ta that it doesn't auto-fill the words like my phone would - I'm getting lazy.

I'm trivially annoyed that people rely on stuff like auto-fill and predictive text. I have it switched off on my phone.

My real trivial annoyance is that if I go into the canteen now and buy a packet of crisps and a bar of chocolate, it'll cost me €2.10 from the vending machine. If I go into the same canteen in 45 minutes and get them at the till, the exact same things will cost me €1.69.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,218 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Radio5 wrote: »
    Men who wear slim fitting or skinny-ish jeans and then ram their I-phone into their pocket. Kinda ruins the look.

If they aren't worried about how ridiculous they look already in their ball squeezers, the VPL of their phone, phablet or kindle hardly bothers them :pac:

Speaking of portmanteau'd words, they're probably the same sort of chap that uses words like 'hangxiety'. From what I gather, it seems to be something to do with a hangover and anxiety, like that other recent facepalm inducing phrase 'the fear' :rolleyes:

I think I'll just go back to speaking Irish altogether, it makes about as much sense as English does these days :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

^^OEJ, I'm never quite sure if I'm hangry or fungry :)

Shaved my legs yesterday and now I can see it regrowing already :( damn my stupid thick dark hair. It's so depressing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

KatW4 wrote: »
    Shaved my legs yesterday and now I can see it regrowing already :( damn my stupid thick dark hair. It's so depressing :(

That is so annoying :(. I swear if I shave my legs in the morning I get a 5 0 ' clock shadow. We used to have tails and 6 toes, so why the hell can't our unwanted body hair phase out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

micar wrote: »
    Anything that has "keep calm and........" fuc_king wreaks my head.

"Frankie says Relax":D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

"Inspirational quotes", so damn annoying! I think the level of someone's pending mental breakdown can be measured by the amount of inspirational quotes they post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jelly Bellies. The most addictive sweet ever. Just cant stop chomping them.

50's style sexism in the 21st century.

'Okay guys, lets listen to what the little lady has to add now' Big smile, patronising pat on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Kanye Gobsh1te West, murdering Bohemian Rhapsody.

He should have his testicles stapled (rusty staples) to his knees.

What did those poor staples ever do to you?

Candie wrote: »

'Okay guys, lets listen to what the little lady has to add now' Big smile, patronising pat on the head.

The reason for you to wear heels to work, and accidentally step backward at the wrong time.

From Terry Pratchett's Going Postal - "What's sticking into your foot is a steel-tipped four-inch stiletto heel, the most dangerous footwear in the world. Now I know what you're thinking. Could she push it all the way through to the floor?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Vending machine deciding that I don't actually want a regular can of coke. No,here have a diet one instead. Prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People who take phone calls in a fitting room when there's a queue waiting outside. Grrrr.

Candie wrote: »

Ahh, but I'm broke and it'd be really useful to have some guy pat me on the ass, hand me a big wad of cash and tell me to go buy myself something pretty.

Just kidding:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Over reacting (and slowness in de-reacting) to non-stories by the media. On Sky News now, "BREAKING NEWS - U.S. NAVY SHOOOTING", and the reporters going on and on about a previous shooting at the location, Ramadan, the Tunisia attack etc. It has already been established that it was a hoax. It's one step up from just making up news to fill air time.

Just say 'oh, it was a hoax', and move on to real news please!

I put on some of that stuff that gives you a gradual tan and now the tops of my legs are covered in hives.

My legs are having a hard time of it today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

BASHIR wrote: »
    Vending machine deciding that I don't actually want a regular can of coke. No,here have a diet one instead. Prick!

Maybe it is trying to give you a not so subtle hint! :pac:

KatW4 wrote: »
    I put on some of that stuff that gives you a gradual tan and now the tops of my legs are covered in hives.

My legs are having a hard time of it today :(
    Try the DOVE one..I find it the best of the lot..

"Sometimes its hard to be a woman..."....pesky song is going around in my head.

Colser wrote:
    Try the DOVE one..I find it the best of the lot..

Thanks a million, I will :)

Menas wrote:

This is how I feel today ha! :(

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    TAd at the word sometimes in the title...:pac:

Colser wrote: »
    TAd at the word sometimes in the title...:pac:

Allow me to play my little violin for ye!

Menas wrote: »
    Allow me to play my little violin for ye!
    Dont push it:mad: Full moon playing havoc with me:pac:

I'm annoyed at the stench of BO from people. It's nauseating and I'm starting to dread going into any enclosed building where there are other human beings. Yesterday there was a guy hovering around me at the chiller aisles in Tesco, he was fcuking rank with BO. It's so tempting to say something, but all I did was decide that thanks to the stink of him I'd lost my appetite for cheese so I left him to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

I'm annoyed at the stench of BO from people. It's nauseating and I'm starting to dread going into any enclosed building where there are other human beings.

I blame Irish Water for it..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I find myself TA'd at people calling one of the Berkeley balcony survivors "brave" as she is beginning her rehabilitation.

How is she brave? She is only taking the next step in the line of recovery that countless other unfortunate people have had to take, with far less media scrutiny and obtrusiveness too.

That and hero have lost their meanings somewhat in the clamour to have stories stand out and trend on social media.

I find myself TA'd at people calling one of the Berkeley balcony survivors "brave" as she is beginning her rehabilitation.

How is she brave? She is only taking the next step in the line of recovery that countless other unfortunate people have had to take, with far less media scrutiny and obtrusiveness too.

That and hero have lost their meanings somewhat in the clamour to have stories stand out and trend on social media.

I totally agree with you, but expect us both to be savaged for 'victim blaming' or some such nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Relations attempting to undo my studying and work in college. They were asking if I plan on doing a masters, I said yes and they asked how expensive it is. I said very expensive but I have a scholarship so its free. They reply "Oh, wouldn't it be great to have naturally smart kids". Not only is it insulting to their kids, but its really annoying how they fail to acknowledge the fact that I studied my ass off to get it :o
    Anyone can do well in academia if they try. Parents need to stop making excuses for their lazy offspring by referring to anyone who gets good results as "naturally smart" :(
    ... OK rant over :D

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Relations attempting to undo my studying and work in college. They were asking if I plan on doing a masters, I said yes and they asked how expensive it is. I said very expensive but I have a scholarship so its free. They reply "Oh, wouldn't it be great to have naturally smart kids". Not only is it insulting to their kids, but its really annoying how they fail to acknowledge the fact that I studied my ass off to get it :o
    Anyone can do well in academia if they try. Parents need to stop making excuses for their lazy offspring by referring to anyone who gets good results as "naturally smart" :(
    ... OK rant over :D

Response for next time "It starts with having intelligent, supportive parents".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When I'm editing my posts, I can't seem to select the part I want to edit when I tap the screen. The little cursor goes either above, below or a good few letters away from where I'm trying to put it. I often have to delete a few letters, put in my corrections, put back in the letters I deleted and then re-post. This is very annoying! I can't just leave the post alone if there's even the tiniest mistake, which is annoying as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement