Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm annoyed at the stench of BO from people. It's nauseating and I'm starting to dread going into any enclosed building where there are other human beings. Yesterday there was a guy hovering around me at the chiller aisles in Tesco, he was fcuking rank with BO. It's so tempting to say something, but all I did was decide that thanks to the stink of him I'd lost my appetite for cheese so I left him to it.

+1. Was using self service till in my local shop this evening, and Stinky Mc Stinkerson was using the one beside me, with lots of arm waving and movement, as he checked stuff through, all the better to share the pong around.
    I walked into the chemist shop then, and the first person I met, stank. Ugh. I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

The new fines which are to be introduced for cyclists...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

The new fines which are to be introduced for cyclists...

Don't act like an arsehole on a bike and you won't get fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I find myself TA'd at people calling one of the Berkeley balcony survivors "brave" as she is beginning her rehabilitation.

How is she brave? She is only taking the next step in the line of recovery that countless other unfortunate people have had to take, with far less media scrutiny and obtrusiveness too.

That and hero have lost their meanings somewhat in the clamour to have stories stand out and trend on social media.

Same with drownings, there is always someone who is brave and jumps in, really, every time?

I cant swim very well, if someone fell in beside me I would sh1t the bed, no way I would jump in. "Woman drowns, man sh1ts bed" doesn't have the same ring to it I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The optimist in me is delighted that today is going to be another glorious day. The pessimist in me is dreading the rain that is coming tomorrow.
    TA that the pessimist is the dominant personality today!

• Advertisement

Same with drownings, there is always someone who is brave and jumps in, really, every time?

No. Some people still drown. Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, sadly this person usually becomes victim number 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I cant swim very well, if someone fell in beside me I would sh1t the bed, no way I would jump in. "Woman drowns, man sh1ts bed" doesn't have the same ring to it I suppose

You obviously have a waterbed. It has to be really hard to drown in a waterbed.

Ba$tdard fly in the room all night. Too tired to get up and deal with it, couldn't get proper sleep with the cnut buzzing all night.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Ba$tdard fly in the room all night. Too tired to get up and deal with it, couldn't get proper sleep with the cnut buzzing all night.

Hate that. When it happens to me I turn a light on in another room and leave the bedroom door open. Fly will always follow the light!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Packages taking ages to arrive. It shouldn't take longer than a week for a package to be delivered from one European country to another, I want my stuff now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

miezekatze wrote: »
    Packages taking ages to arrive. It shouldn't take longer than a week for a package to be delivered from one European country to another, I want my stuff now!!
    I had a package delivered from Germany a few weeks ago. It was "free" shipping, which meant that it was low priority. According to the tracking data, it was shipped from the supplier on a Monday, sat at the shipping company till Thursday, landed in Dublin in the early hours of Friday morning, and wasn't put on a van until Monday. I coud have paid for priority shipping, I suppose ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

bnt wrote:
    I had a package delivered from Germany a few weeks ago. It was "free" shipping, which meant that it was low priority. According to the tracking data, it was shipped from the supplier on a Monday, sat at the shipping company till Thursday, landed in Dublin in the early hours of Friday morning, and wasn't put on a van until Monday. I coud have paid for priority shipping, I suppose ...

Yes, kind of the same situation here. I was really hoping I'd get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The ignorant Cnut in the post office!!

"one of these day Alice, one of these days....wham! Right in the fcuking kisser"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

people who play media (music, videos etc..) out loud on the bus.

some day i'll be cross with them

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The ignorant Cnut in the post office!!

"one of these day Alice, one of these days....wham! Right in the fcuking kisser"

Ah come on, let's hear the good bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

arayess wrote: »

or the ones that go through all their different ring tones!! now that annoys me!

While we're at it, people who don't disable the key tones on their phones so you hear every bastarding beep they make when they're mucking about with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Decided to wear leggings today thinking that they were thick enough. They're not and I could see my bum through the material. Change of outfit then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

KatW4 wrote: »
    Decided to wear leggings today thinking that they were thick enough. They're not and I could see my bum through the material. Change of outfit then!
    I remember going to a funeral a couple of years ago and there was a woman standing in front of me in skin tight black leggings that revealed every pimple on her arse. I don't know what was more inappropriate her attire or my erection.

• Advertisement

I remember going to a funeral a couple of years ago and there was a woman standing in front of me in skin tight black leggings that revealed every pimple on her arse. I don't know what was more inappropriate her attire or my erection.

Delightful!!! I wasn't that bad, I could just see the outline of my knickers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Delightful!!! I wasn't that bad, I could just see the outline of my knickers :(

Heh, I'm just sitting here outside a café and a girl in leggings passed by, seems to be a new trend of having them look like they were purposely shredded and a black sort of sheer netting underneath (that incidentally looked like there was nothing underneath! :pac: )

Trivially annoying though are these e-cigarettes. I said I'd give them another go. I'm going to try stick them out for a week this time, but if it still feels like I'm sucking a golf ball through a straw to get anything out of them, well quite frankly they can shag off :mad:

They're just very, very... frustrating :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

, but if it still feels like I'm sucking a golf ball through a straw to get anything out of them, well quite frankly they can shag off :mad:

They're just very, very... frustrating :(

If this is happening you've bought a sh*t one. Google the Eleaf iStick 30w. Buy one. Never look back. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who let their kids run riot in shops, then they give you an 'awh isn't my child so adorable' look. Some day I'm just going to wind them up and say in a sympathetic tone 'awh poor child ,is he a little bit simple'?

I am working from home today. Forgot that there is a concert in Marley park and they have been doing sound checks all day. Every time I have a call the person on the phone asks if I am at a disco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

The word "muggy" to describe the weather.

FFS, just say "it's humid"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

On phone explaining really basic stuff to a dopey customer when his mobile rings. He actually interrupted me to take the call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People commenting on the weather.
    All this week it's non-stop.

In the morning at home: "Gorgeous day out there."
    Me: "Oh so it is, lovely."

In the shop an hour later, two old women chatting: "Grand bit of sun we're getting, isn't it?"

In the gym, receptionist: "Rather you than me in this heat!"

In the changing room: "Jaysus it's too hot, me knickers are wringing"

On the radio in the car: "What a scorcher out there, get the barbecue fired up!"

And later the neighbours: "Howya! Isn't it a smashing day!"

YES!
    Yes, it's a smashing day! Can everyone calm down, enjoy it and bloody stop talking about it all day! I have skin; I can feel the heat, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

arayess wrote: »

I pulled a young Asian fella up on this one day on the bus. It wasnt music but he was texting a 100mph but with the sound on.....it was doing my head in and I said: 'Would you mind putting it on silence. It's very annoying.'

He mumbled something in Thai or whatever but it worked...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Wonderful day out decide to get a coffee and sit outside with friends on lunch break. Before you know it you're surrounded by the horrid smell of smokers on all sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

micar wrote: »
    The word "muggy" to describe the weather.

FFS, just say "it's humid"

Uh oh, there are just SOOOO many words to describe that.

Heavy,
    Muggy
    Humid
    Overcast
    Unbearable,
    Sweaty,
    Thunder approaching
    Wish the air would clear
    I'm sweatin
    God I'd give anything for a snowstorm.

We are not able for ahem... humid weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I really hate toothpaste ads.

You know the ones...some dopey cow grinning wildly into her bathroom mirror brushing her teeth but what pisses me of is that....

THEY ARE NOT EVEN USING ****ING TOOTHPASTE......:mad:

Seriously watch it next time doesnt matter which brand- no actual toothpaste to be seen anywhere or else I've been doing it wrong all my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

Mark Whalberg's face on the Ted 2 poster.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Wonderful day out decide to get a coffee and sit outside with friends on lunch break. Before you know it you're surrounded by the horrid smell of smokers on all sides.

Go inside, that's where the non smokers decided life was worth living for everyone including the bar staff.

Then go for a walk in the fresh air surrounded by hot engine smells and car exhausts.

It's a brilliant compromise really.

I really hate toothpaste ads.

You know the ones...some dopey cow grinning wildly into her bathroom mirror brushing her teeth but what pisses me of is that....

THEY ARE NOT EVEN USING ****ING TOOTHPASTE......:mad:

Seriously watch it next time doesnt matter which brand- no actual toothpaste to be seen anywhere or else I've been doing it wrong all my life.

Or the ones where the 'patient' has apparently very sensitive teeth, but never fear, for they use Sensodyne or whatever once at a shopping centre stall (never seen such a stall ever for toothpaste) and they can immediately drink iced water.

• Advertisement

Go inside, that's where the non smokers decided life was worth living for everyone including the bar staff.

Then go for a walk in the fresh air surrounded by hot engine smells and car exhausts.

It's a brilliant compromise really.

Nah I'd rather enjoy outside when the weather is like this. People puffing cancer sticks are fully entitled to enjoy the weather too I'm not saying they aren't, it's a trivial annoyance that I get the smell of it on the breeze.

Plenty of places without car exhausts and engines so you can keep your smart comments.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Nah I'd rather enjoy outside when the weather is like this. People puffing cancer sticks are fully entitled to enjoy the weather too I'm not saying they aren't, it's a trivial annoyance that I get the smell of it on the breeze.

Plenty of places without car exhausts and engines so you can keep your smart comments.

I am now trivially annoyed with you for having a go at me on a Friday of all days. :(

Anyway, enjoy your weekend. But I get what you are saying. Glad you are not a ciggie Nazi though!

That battle has been won. No going back now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

others peoples kids ''making strange'' with you. makes me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I've gone from wearing glasses for reading to needing them for all day use. My TA is that I got Varifocals , and am finding it hard to get used to the reading bit. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, and can't enjoy reading at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

Drivers against cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people who do nice things for others, then tell everyone about it and demand thanks and praise for it, ''where would you be without me, I didn't even get a thank you, you should be grateful, it was all down to me'' self absorbed bollocks...... the best kinds of people do good deeds when nobody is looking and don't make it all about them. ever see those facebook videos and stories of someone helping a homeless guy? takes the goodness out of it all. self praise is no praise.

saddos giving innocent actors abuse for what their characters do on screen. its incredibly sad and disturbing when people cant distinguish between fiction and reality.its not real people....step away....

I took a nice picture of myself (a first) when I was all done up and I tried to use it as my profile picture. Unfortunately only part of my face fits into the teeny little box :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I love when you have a refreshing shower in this weather and it nearly takes a month to get dry. Thanks to the humidity, you're still wet after you dry yourself and almost to the point where you feel like you've wasted your time having a shower.:(

Robsweezie wrote: »
    others peoples kids ''making strange'' with you. makes me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Put it back in your trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

I love when you have a refreshing shower in this weather and it nearly takes a month to get dry. Thanks to the humidity, you're still wet after you dry yourself and almost to the point where you feel like you've wasted your time having a shower.:(

House is like a sauna these days. It's so hot I work up a sweat drying off :o

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Youtube app on the tablet acting the maggot on me. It plays an unskipable 30 second ad flawlessly but then it doesn't play what I wanted to watch, becomes unresponsive then crashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who cycle on foot paths, it's so tempting to shove them off the path. It's a foot path not a freaking bike lane.:mad:

Parked outside the shop this morning and when I came out, some absolute idiot had parked behind me and blocked me in. I had to wait 5 minutes for her to move her bloody car. I hate people who do that. How rude is it!

Parked outside the shop this morning and when I came out, some absolute idiot had parked behind me and blocked me in. I had to wait 5 minutes for her to move her bloody car. I hate people who do that. How rude is it!

Did you give her an earful or just a dirty eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

This guy last night must have been completely off his head on drugs. He was just shouting the same thing over and over and over, sometimes he screamed it. It felt like he was shouting for hours. I don't know which annoyance actually kept me awake - the shouting itself or trying and failing to make out what he was bellowing. It sounded like he was just shouting "GOK WAN!!!!!" over and over. I'm super tired today anyway. And he must have a seriously sore throat now!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement