Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

KatW4 wrote: »
    Parked outside the shop this morning and when I came out, some absolute idiot had parked behind me and blocked me in. I had to wait 5 minutes for her to move her bloody car. I hate people who do that. How rude is it!

I drove past a woman on the quay, who had parked her car so that she was blocking in other cars. I gave out to myself in my head, and said I bet she is heading into the nearby post office and leaving her car there like that. I parked up, and walked to the shopping centre. As I was walking in, she was pegging it out and back down to the quay. She would have been gone a good 15 minutes. I was incredulous, and annoyed even though it didn't effect me. Who does that ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Dead people in newspapers. Some guy dies last month but attended a recent function before he passed away. Then his photograph appears in the latest edition smiling at the camera. This happens a lot with the weekly country papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Menas wrote:
    Did you give her an earful or just a dirty eye?

Dirty look which she missed because she was yacking away on the phone. She drove off still on the phone.

Which leads me to another TA. I'm only a learner driver but I get all the hardship because I don't have a full licence. But then I see these idiots speeding, on the phone and just generally acting like an idiot when driving and it's fine because they have a full licence. I'm the safer driver but no one cares because of the big red L stuck on my car :(

Sorry for the rant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

There seems to be an unwritten law that GP receptionists have to be a pain in the arse. When I changed GPs recently and the receptionist in the new place was actually friendly I got a bit of a fright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

There seems to be an unwritten law that GP receptionists have to be a pain in the arse. When I changed GPs recently and the receptionist in the new place was actually friendly I got a bit of a fright.

Actually laughed at this ! Receptionist at the Doctors surgery I attend has a habit of asking -" And exactly what is wrong with you that you need to see the Doctor? " Ah ,well I think I need to tell the doctor that , not you ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Must one bra strap have to be twisted at all times? So bloody annoying! Actually want to rip the thing off myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

anna080 wrote: »
    Must one bra strap have to be twisted at all times? So bloody annoying! Actually want to rip the thing off myself!

Some smart arse will be along shortly to say 'pictures or GTFO'.

Oh wait....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

People who cycle on foot paths, it's so tempting to shove them off the path. It's a foot path not a freaking bike lane.:mad:

This is now a €40 on the spot fine. Citizens arrest, I'd be rich in no time at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Youtube app on the tablet acting the maggot on me. It plays an unskipable 30 second ad flawlessly but then it doesn't play what I wanted to watch, becomes unresponsive then crashes.

I hate that you can't read the comments on the YouTube app. Some of those comments are very funny, especially the racists and anti-racists arguing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Actually laughed at this ! Receptionist at the Doctors surgery I attend has a habit of asking -" And exactly what is wrong with you that you need to see the Doctor? " Ah ,well I think I need to tell the doctor that , not you ?????

I like the look I always received whenever I called over to collect a prescription. She dramatically flipped through the prescriptions on a file and sighed loudly while doing so. There can hardly be a more arduous task in this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I like the look I always received whenever I called over to collect a prescription. She dramatically flipped through the prescriptions on a file and sighed loudly while doing so. There can hardly be a more arduous task in this world.

You sure we don't have same doctor :D "Are you sure you rang in for a prescrption ? I can't seem to find it ".

Yes, I rang and spoke to you and you told me to collect it this afternoon !

Surely not all doctors surgeries are like this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Roll on...

Roll on the weekend

Roll on the sunshine

Why don't you roll off a ****ing cliff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm having a problem with my phone today, people are prank calling me with the Jigglypuff soundboard from Pokemon. I don't know what to do.

They've now switched to the Rick the Mullet Man board. How original. :rolleyes:

I'm calling the police on these mother****ers

• Advertisement

Rude Guard told me to stop wasting police time. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

People who, when driving along at 75 km/h in an 80 km/h zone (or 90 km/h in a 100 km/h zone), see a Garda ahead with a speed camera or a speed camera van, and decide "better slow down to 55 km/h" "just in case".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Today a driver stopped and asked me for directions. I didn't know where the place he was asking about was. When I said as much he just gave me a dirty "stupid b1tch" kind of look, tutted and drove off. There is no need to be so bloody rude! Yes I was walking in that area but I'm not from around there. I don't know where every little thing is. Pr1ck.. Buy a sat nav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You sure we don't have same doctor :D "Are you sure you rang in for a prescrption ? I can't seem to find it ".

Yes, I rang and spoke to you and you told me to collect it this afternoon !

Surely not all doctors surgeries are like this??

They are. My GP is wonderful, very good to me but her secretary is an absolute witch. Over the phone she treats you like your very existence is a scourge on her life but when you are in the Surgery and there are other members of staff and patients around, she's sickly sweet.

TA that I did nearly did all the Irish times crossword. Just 1 clue that cannot be solved.

• Advertisement

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Today a driver stopped and asked me for directions. I didn't know where the place he was asking about was. When I said as much he just gave me a dirty "stupid b1tch" kind of look, tutted and drove off. There is no need to be so bloody rude! Yes I was walking in that area but I'm not from around there. I don't know where every little thing is. Pr1ck.. Buy a sat nav!

Best situation ever with my dad years ago while walking through town,

car pulls up and the driver asks "do you know how to get to Pearse Street?"
    my dad, without breaking stride says "I do" and just keeps walking.

says to me later, "well, he only asked if I knew how to get to Pearse Street, which I do"
    had me in tears laughing.

Best situation ever with my dad years ago while walking through town,

car pulls up and the driver asks "do you know how to get to Pearse Street?"
    my dad, without breaking stride says "I do" and just keeps walking.

says to me later, "well, he only asked if I knew how to get to Pearse Street, which I do"
    had me in tears laughing.

Hahaha that's brilliant :p

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Everyone who talks to me wants to know about what I'm doing about my future and even when I tell them its not good enough and they tell me what I should be doing and I'm just so sick of it, I just want to talk about normal stuff like tv or heck what they are doing and its too much I just want to turn off my phone. Thank God my boyfriend and friends get it and are actually here so they know I'm actually doing stuff because the other people on my phone make me feel like I'm just sitting on my ass after one of the most stressful(the most stressful possibly) years of my life.

nicki11 wrote:
    Everyone who talks to me wants to know about what I'm doing about my future and even when I tell them its not good enough and they tell me what I should be doing and I'm just so sick of it, I just want to talk about normal stuff like tv or heck what they are doing and its too much I just want to turn off my phone. Thank God my boyfriend and friends get it and are actually here so they know I'm actually doing stuff because the other people on my phone make me feel like I'm just sitting on my ass after one of the most stressful(the most stressful possibly) years of my life.

I get that too. "Have you applied for this job?" "You should definitely apply for that one, such a good experience".
    When that doesn't work it's "your sister had an interview yesterday, even if she doesn't get it she'll have had good interview experience".

Same as you, my boyfriend understands and isn't pressuring me. I'm happy to sub for another year. You know what's best for you, someone else can't decide for you.

I'm annoyed that I've been awake since 7 and it's a Sunday :(

It has not rained in weeks.
    And today I have an afternoon on the high seas booked.
    And it has started raining. Thunder and Lightening forecast.

I am going to get wet. :(

I can't go to the gym today because I have an extremely painful, huge, krakatoa-like pimple upon my derriere and I can barely walk, let alone climb up on an exercise bike! :( Just thought I'd share!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I can't go to the gym today because I have an extremely painful, huge, krakatoa-like pimple upon my derriere and I can barely walk, let alone climb up on an exercise bike! :( Just thought I'd share!

Vicks vapo rub is your friend for this. It numbs it down, but don't apply it once the spot bursts.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Vicks vapo rub is your friend for this. It numbs it down, but don't apply it once the spot bursts.:)

Oh I am so disappointed, I saw that you had posted and I checked to see if it was another one of your great supermarket rants! :D I think you might need to go and get some milk? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The lads in the gym won't mind. Because it would take a lot more than a pimple, to stop them from checking out your 'buns' of steel.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

The narrator on Come Dine With Me. His voice goes right through my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Merces wrote: »
    The narrator on Come Dine With Me. His voice goes right through my head.

The voiceover guy for all the CNN inserts. Grating.

Spent a bit too much money shopping today. Why have I got no willpower?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The creaky stair. There's always one, giving you away sneaking in late.

Ooh nifty! Thanks, I'll get some when I hobble to the shop later :p .

The lads in the gym won't mind. Because it would take a lot more than a pimple, to stop them from checking out your 'buns' of steel.:)

Hah well my badonkadonk needs at least another day to recover!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

loud household appliances. blenders, hoovers, drills, why cant they make them so that they don't bleed your eardrums and wake everyone up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I live in a housing estate with a lot of families, the type where your bedroom is looking over about ten other back gardens. My bedroom window is open today, so I couldn't help overhearing the shouty conversation in one of the neighbours gardens. (Just emphasising that I wasn't spying on them!! I couldn't help but hear!)

Basically there was a mother shouting at her kids, "No, no playing with the lady! The lady is hear to hang out our clothes, not to play with you!"

I mean I've no problem with people hiring cleaners, or any other sort of household help, but jeez, would it kill her to ask the woman's name if she didn't know it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I do this every time. Every time without fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eternal wrote: »
    Same here:o
    ..I went into Penneys yesterday and swore I was only buying those shower sponges for 3e..picked up 2 pairs of boots and a pair of flip flops and spent 48e..no willpower at all..:pac:

eternal wrote: »

3 for 2's.

3 for 2!

It would be a crime not to buy three things I don't really need, when I'm only paying for two things I don't really need!

I'm saving money here ffs!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Colser wrote: »
    Same here:o
    ..I went into Penneys yesterday and swore I was only buying those shower sponges for 3e..picked up 2 pairs of boots and a pair of flip flops and spent 48e..no willpower at all..:pac:

Penney is a black hole from whence there is no escape. Too many cheap things that you don't feel guilt until they tot it up at the till.
    Candie wrote: »
    3 for 2's.

3 for 2!

It would be a crime not to buy three things I don't really need, when I'm only paying for two things I don't really need!

I'm saving money here ffs!!

I'm a sucker for reduced items, feel like I'm saving when I'm buying stuff I don't even want.

TA that I seem to attract wierdos on public transport. Today it was chatty drunk man on the Dart.

Colser wrote:
    Same here ..I went into Penneys yesterday and swore I was only buying those shower sponges for 3e..picked up 2 pairs of boots and a pair of flip flops and spent 48e..no willpower at all..

126 euro in Penneys today :O I just couldn't resist the pretty things :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

126 euro in Penneys today :O I just couldn't resist the pretty things :(

They may be pretty but they are most likely utterly gash quality. Buy cheap, buy twice.

• Advertisement

In a restaurant and this woman's phone rang which was fair enough. She hung up. It rang 4 more times and each time she hung up. Why couldn't she have put it on silent or sent a text saying she couldn't talk instead of annoying everyone around her??

Schwiiing wrote:
    They may be pretty but they are most likely utterly gash quality. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Not always! Boots dont last any time at all but I have some nice tops that have lasted ages :)

Money just burns a hole in my pocket!

Schwiiing wrote: »

It's win win for the baby though, €3 track suit bottoms for the little man that he'll probably only wear 2-3 times anyway!!! On top of that a Micky mouse t-shirt and shorts for €5

I've managed to cut back on it by only taking a set amount of cash with me and leaving my debit card at home.

My usual stylist is on holiday so someone else cut and coloured my hair last week. It looks great but what really annoyed me was that she didn't brush the loose hair off my neck or ask me if I wanted any serum or hairspray. Well it was her loss as I didn't leave a tip. My hair was blowing around every where when I left the salon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement