Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Small toe v shopping trolly wheel. Trolly won

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've managed to cut back on it by only taking a set amount of cash with me and leaving my debit card at home.

Good thinking! I will definitely try this. Thanks :)

It's 4:55 am... please go to sleep birds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

KatW4 wrote: »
    In a restaurant and this woman's phone rang which was fair enough. She hung up. It rang 4 more times and each time she hung up. Why couldn't she have put it on silent or sent a text saying she couldn't talk instead of annoying everyone around her??

At a funeral in Cork a couple of weeks ago, this auld bloke's (sitting next to me) phone rang during the eulogy. The THIRD time, he actually answered it. I couldn't believe it. The conversation went on for at least 2 minutes. People were turning around, tut tutting. I actually started to go red as if it was me that was the guilty party. Ba$tard.

galljga1 wrote:
    At a funeral in Cork a couple of weeks ago, this auld bloke's (sitting next to me) phone rang during the eulogy. The THIRD time, he actually answered it. I couldn't believe it. The conversation went on for at least 2 minutes. People were turning around, tut tutting. I actually started to go red as if it was me that was the guilty party. Ba$tard.

:O height of ignorance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

galljga1 wrote: »

I never cease to be amazed at the amount of ignorant idiots out there, who don't seem to have the cop on to turn off/silence their phones at these events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Colser wrote: »
    Same here:o
    ..I went into Penneys yesterday and swore I was only buying those shower sponges for 3e..picked up 2 pairs of boots and a pair of flip flops and spent 48e..no willpower at all..:pac:

Its impossible to have any sort of will power in penneys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Segmented lunch boxes.

Feckin banana won't fit (ha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The eldest girl is applying for a college grant again for another year, so I am ringing around asking for evidence of income. Jesus Christ it does my head in. Press 1 for this section, so I do, and then I am given another whole load of options. So I press the number for the one I want. Then it asks do I want the bloody section I originally pressed 1 for. Why yes, yes I do! I thought that is where I had gotten through to. Then I'm on hold as all operators are busy. Whatever happened to just being able to ring and speak to someone, and ask a simple question without all this palaver ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

73Cat wrote:
    The eldest girl is applying for a college grant again for another year, so I am ringing around asking for evidence of income. Jesus Christ it does my head in. Press 1 for this section, so I do, and then I am given another whole load of options. So I press the number for the one I want. Then it asks do I want the bloody section I originally pressed 1 for. Why yes, yes I do! I thought that is where I had gotten through to. Then I'm on hold as all operators are busy. Whatever happened to just being able to ring and speak to someone, and ask a simple question without all this palaver ??

Years ago I worked in a call centre that required callers to go through lots of options like that before they got to talk to someone. The thing was though, it didn't matter which option the caller selected, they would end up with the same team regardless. The only reason why there were all these options was so that calls could be delayed for a bit during busy periods, and callers wouldn't have to be on actual 'hold' as long.

Sorry if that just annoyed you more! :)

• Advertisement

miezekatze wrote: »
    Years ago I worked in a call centre that required callers to go through lots of options like that before they got to talk to someone. The thing was though, it didn't matter which option the caller selected, they would end up with the same team regardless. The only reason why there were all these options was so that calls could be delayed for a bit during busy periods, and callers wouldn't have to be on actual 'hold' as long.

Grrrrrrrrrr!! :). I suspected as much as I dialled 3 seperate numbers and ended up in the same department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Scooters. I'm sick of the noise of kids thundering past our house on scooters.:mad: Fcuks sake, could they not just be locked up indoors 24 hours a day on their X Boxes?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Journalists/reporters laughing to anything a celeb/athlete says.

For example, just watched Andy Murray being interviewed by a journalist there and when she asked what he'd done in preparation for today, he replied "I watched a bit of Toy Story 2 last night, just chilled".
    The journalist nearly broke a rib laughing.

Stop pandering to these people just cos' they're well-known; you look desperate.

The showers in the gym I go to always smell faintly eggy.
    I don't know if it's the women themselves who smell, whether I'm smelling something....er...(well I'd rather not say), or are they just farting in the shower?
    Bloody stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

fussyonion wrote: »
    Journalists/reporters laughing to anything a celeb/athlete says.

For example, just watched Andy Murray being interviewed by a journalist there and when she asked what he'd done in preparation for today, he replied "I watched a bit of Toy Story 2 last night, just chilled".
    The journalist nearly broke a rib laughing.

Stop pandering to these people just cos' they're well-known; you look desperate.

I don't know if it's the women themselves who smell, whether I'm smelling something....er...(well I'd rather not say), or are they just farting in the shower?
    Bloody stinks.

Women farting? Never....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I knew it- years ago I stopped listening and would just press #1 no matter what. Or when you have the voice recognition options- I would just shout "Bollocks" or "womens knickers" down the phone. Always got me through- in fact I still do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

fussyonion wrote: »
    Bloody stinks.

Not being funny but the drain could be full of all sorts of gunk (grease, stray hair, etc), or it could be bad water quality which is causing the sulfuric smell, could be the weather too, the smell that comes out of the sewers downtown in hot weather would make you wince! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Something that has annoyed me (and probably others) for thirty odd years now is something I am afflicted with.

Colour blindness.

I've went though life constantly mistaking brown for red and red for brown (snooker, love it, but keep having to track the brown ball so as not to give my opponent 4points for a foul is areal pita) . Blues and greens are also quite iffy for me (my wife gets good milage from it though). Navy and blacks I also can't tell the difference in.

Apparently I'm crap at choosing shirt colours too as they always tend to 'clash' according to my better half.

Lots of jobs have been out of reach for me, electrician and pilot to begin with and I cannot really be involved in choosing colour schemes for the house (painters just actually finished in our house) the only input I had was wanting the front door black.

I don't see in black and white, I just see colours differently from what non colour blind people see, and in fact I once even had a lecturer in college argue with me that (despite numerous colour blind tests) I wasn't colour blind, but I "just hadn't learned my colours" :confused:

What's most amusing about being colour blind though is when you're explaining to people that you're colour blind is roughly 90% of them will point at a random object and ask "what colours that?"

The other times when you get a colour wrong and people ask you "are you coloured blind or something"... if you were walking slowly, people wouldn't turn around and say "have you only one leg or something?"

People posting their horoscope on Facebook. Someone I know does this every. single. day. First of all, it's all rubbish anyway. Secondly, even if it wasn't, why would I want to read someone else's horoscope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People posting their horoscope on Facebook. Someone I know does this every. single. day. First of all, it's all rubbish anyway. Secondly, even if it wasn't, why would I want to read someone else's horoscope?

Hate this too. It's just another level of self obsession that you think people are going to take time out from their day to read your horoscope that's just made up shyte anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who won't walk under a ladder in the street.

fiachr_a wrote: »
    People who won't walk under a ladder in the street.

I'd like to see them walk out on the road and get hit by a car. That'll learn em :).

(Ah, not really, I'm just evil today :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

The parody threads culture in AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

KatW4 wrote: »
    Good thinking! I will definitely try this. Thanks :)

Think also of the poor folks squashed to death or burnt alive in a sweatshop in Bangladesh.
    Works for me, anyway.

My TA. Living with someone who doesn't wash underwear. Just throws them out and buys new ones.

tampopo wrote:
    My TA. Living with someone who doesn't wash underwear. Just throws them out and buys new ones.

Wtf?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The fact that you can't get a decent fillet steak in a supermarket. You spend ages searching through their pre packed offerings, only to find when you get it home and unpack it, it's full of gicky bits of fat etc.. And they've just packaged it in a way to hide all the streaks of fat running through it.
    I got one in Supervalu Swords (from the butcher counter) a few months ago, and by the time I (carefully) cut all the bits of fat away, there was only about 30-40% of the steak left!!
    Kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a fillet.

The same applies to a ham fillet, it looks brilliant, but then you take the plastic packaging off it, and see that where they placed the sticker there is a big horrible line of fat going right through it.

(I know, I know, butchers are best, but a lot of times it's just more convenient to get all your food under the 1 roof)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Parents who raise their daughters to become entitled princesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I skipped breakfast this morning then was too busy at work to have lunch, so as starving by the time I arrived home. I decided to order a big pizza and extras, total pig-out, so I got my pizza, chicken wings and garlic bread. I forgot to order the fcuking garlic dip!! It's not the same without the fcuking garlic dip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People taking the P*** using communal bins, how do you generate 10 big black bags of "waste" in 3 days in and apartment, Washing my car on Friday, two of them carried 5 bags to the bins, on Sunday, while chatting to a neighbour same two guys walk over with 5 more, how???

I had dinner but I'm starving! Last week I had no appetite and this week I apparently have worms. Fix yourself body!

sam34 wrote: »
    I skipped breakfast this morning then was too busy at work to have lunch, so as starving by the time I arrived home. I decided to order a big pizza and extras, total pig-out, so I got my pizza, chicken wings and garlic bread. I forgot to order the fcuking garlic dip!! It's not the same without the fcuking garlic dip!!

I would actually cry and be mad at my food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

So what, it rained most of the day. Why does everyone say it's terrible out because it's raining?
    If it didn't rain, we'd all die.
    Put on a jacket and shut up.
    There's no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothes choices.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    So what, it rained most of the day. Why does everyone say it's terrible out because it's raining?
    If it didn't rain, we'd all die.
    Put on a jacket and shut up.
    There's no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothes choices.

What about tsunamis? Would they not count as bad weather? An anorak would be FA use:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What about tsunamis? Would they not count as bad weather? An anorak would be FA use:)

Well, storms, hurricanes and tsunamis etc. Excluded.

So every now and again when Mr Pumpkinseeds gets a bit run down I get him some Pharmaton and he takes them for a few days, then forgets them, then I nag for a few days about him not taking them and then I just accept that he's a grown assed man who can make his own decisions and I don't mention the Pharmaton again, so they get left there until they pass the sell by date. The last batch I got him a couple of weeks ago are still sitting mostly untaken in the kitchen. Bloke in work tells him how great the Pharmaton is and he's suddenly committed to taking them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Re the Penneys thing, OMG, if I find something that is nice AND FITS ME WELL... I have learned the lesson and it is this...

Buy three or four of them that day or the next, because if you want more, they will be gone. Just like that.

The Call Centre posts above were hilarious. Even though I am TA'd that call centres think we are stupid. Even though we mostly are when it comes to that kind of thing!

The amount of times I actually roared and swore waiting for the bells of the angelus to stop ringing and ANSWER ME is unreal. My neighbours think I am nuts. Probably am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So every now and again when Mr Pumpkinseeds gets a bit run down I get him some Pharmaton and he takes them for a few days, then forgets them, then I nag for a few days about him not taking them and then I just accept that he's a grown assed man who can make his own decisions and I don't mention the Pharmaton again, so they get left there until they pass the sell by date. The last batch I got him a couple of weeks ago are still sitting mostly untaken in the kitchen. Bloke in work tells him how great the Pharmaton is and he's suddenly committed to taking them.:rolleyes:

Typical men!

But those Pharmaton, jays they are whoppers like horse tablets. I cannot swallow anything bigger than a smartie. I gag.

I am TA'd that I have to look at all this stuff for SIZE. I once even had to get the kids Penicillen in a bottle, because the tablets were like mini nuclear bombs.

Typical men!

But those Pharmaton, jays they are whoppers like horse tablets. I cannot swallow anything bigger than a smartie. I gag.

I am TA'd that I have to look at all this stuff for SIZE. I once even had to get the kids Penicillen in a bottle, because the tablets were like mini nuclear bombs.

Yeah, they're massive. I'd take them myself but they're not veggie friendly. That's another trivial annoyance, the amount of foodstuffs/vitamins/sweets and even crisps that have hidden gelatine in them.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Parents who raise their daughters to become entitled princesses.

Parents who raise their sons to become entitled princes.

I have male relatives who have never lifted a finger to do anything in the house, and they're adults.

My obsessive nature. I obsess over everything and usually they're stupid things!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

This might sound a bit weird but, birds. Birds which hang around fast food joints and restaurants. They are huge!! They waddle around barely able to keep up on their spindly little legs, swaying uncontrollably and drunkenly in front of cars, too slow to really flutter off due to their diet. I'm scared I'll squash them but they are like vultures swooping down on fragments of burgers and whatnot. 'Tis a sad day for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I seem to have been eaten alive by bugs over the last week. But because I was loaded up on anti-histamines (for hayfever) I did not notice.
    But am off the anti-histamines now and all the wee bites are itching like hell. Need to get to the Pharmacy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm in bad need of new footware so for the past week or so I've been shopping around for various types of shoes and runners to cover all events and situations. Do you think I can find anything I like in size 11, not a hope. Anything I like the look of and ask, oh we only have that in a 10 and 12. The 10s never fit and the 12s are like clown shoes. Even tried the online stores and the same thing. So by the looks of thing most men in Ireland have size 11 feet, why won't stores take note of this and order more of that size for everything.

Looking at that post it reads like a womans problem.:D

eternal wrote: »
    This might sound a bit weird but, birds. Birds which hang around fast food joints and restaurants. They are huge!! They waddle around barely able to keep up on their spindly little legs, swaying uncontrollably and drunkenly in front of cars, too slow to really flutter off due to their diet. I'm scared I'll squash them but they are like vultures swooping down on fragments of burgers and whatnot. 'Tis a sad day for them.

Ah you should not talk about girls coming out of bars/clubs at 2am like that :D

Hahaha! Touché!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

You ruined my eloquent wildlife commentary!! Well put though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that I should be working but am looking at boards for distraction...but it is mad quiet in here!

Ireland AM. I think I've only ever seen 1 other episode and had forgotten how awful it is. I only put it on as Sky News are really only running with 1 news story for the rest of the day. But after 5 minutes of Ireland AM I just had to turn it off, so much vacuous twaddle.

Ireland AM. I think I've only ever seen 1 other episode and had forgotten how awful it is. I only put it on as Sky News are really only running with 1 news story for the rest of the day. But after 5 minutes of Ireland AM I just had to turn it off, so much vacuous twaddle.

Such crap. And does it really require four people to present such mediocre nonsense?

People who post selfies on FB every day for attention. Emm, you're the wrong side of 40 and still single with no sign of a boyfriend on the horizon love, you're not that great now are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Minion Quotes on FB, FFS they're the new Marilyn Monroe quotes.
    I saw one last night that had a passage that went out for ages. You wouldn't be able to quote the first two lines never mind the whole thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement