Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who post selfies on FB every day for attention. Emm, you're the wrong side of 40 and still single with no sign of a boyfriend on the horizon love, you're not that great now are you?

Do they need a partner to validate their existence?

Are all single women over 40 "not that great"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

mud wrote: »
    Do they need a partner to validate their existence?

Are all single women over 40 "not that great"?

Yes, yes they do. Because I say so and I'm right about everything.:p:D

Yes, yes they do. Because I say so and I'm right about everything.:p:D

I hope you make a point of telling her what a failure she is at life so. She may not even realise that she's so horrendous if you don't say something.

I hope you make a point of telling her what a failure she is at life so. She may not even realise that she's so horrendous if you don't say something.

Oh, for Jaysus sake would you lighten up.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I cannot swallow anything bigger than a smartie. I gag.

I know, I know, a bit infantile but I couldn't help myself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

In the gym today, I was standing behind this girl while waiting to refill my water bottle. She didn't have a bottle with her, she was drinking directly from the spout. That's grand, loads of people do that. But when it was my turn I noticed her lip marks half way down the f*cking spout - you're supposed to put your mouth UNDER the damn thing, not perform fell@tio on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    But when it was my turn I noticed her lip marks half way down the f*cking spout - you're supposed to put your mouth UNDER the damn thing, not perform fellatio on it!

Arragh here! That got a right good laugh out of me- thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Dropping a roll of tin foil and watching it roll across the floor. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Menas wrote: »
    TA that I should be working but am looking at boards for distraction...but it is mad quiet in here!

Never be annoyed that you can get paid while doing something you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Getting my nails done at 4 but I've just broken my thumb nail :(

• Advertisement

Businesses that post on social media then never follow up on any questions or comments from clients. It's not a one-way street!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

asking for an extra paper bag for your large purchases because it's biblical rains outside to be told - we're not allowed give extra bags*. It's not like it's coming out of your wages love.

Heatons - take note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

NOS3 wrote: »

I did that with toilet roll before in a public stall and sat helplessly as I watched in horror as it rolled right out under the door. There was me sitting there with the end in my hand......

Needless to say that took some time.:D

NOS3 wrote: »

I can't seem to use tin foil without cutting myself with it. :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ireland AM. I think I've only ever seen 1 other episode and had forgotten how awful it is. I only put it on as Sky News are really only running with 1 news story for the rest of the day. But after 5 minutes of Ireland AM I just had to turn it off, so much vacuous twaddle.

Last time I glimpsed at Ireland AM they put up a text number to contact them and it was the same one as radio Nova (53131) don't know if it still is now, how does that work??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

probably some sort of thing where you have to text 'ireland am' followed by your message.. then they just filter out the messages that apply to them

Businesses that post on social media then never follow up on any questions or comments from clients. It's not a one-way street!

I done that with I.W here, asked why I got one bill for 90days (first 3 months, that's ok) two days later I got one for 66 days, why, if they're every 1/4 did I get one for 66 days? Never heard anything back. haven't paid it either, grrr.

probably some sort of thing where you have to text 'ireland am' followed by your message.. then they just filter out the messages that apply to them

Probably so, bit miserable init, two successful companies sharing a text number..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    In the gym today, I was standing behind this girl while waiting to refill my water bottle. She didn't have a bottle with her, she was drinking directly from the spout. That's grand, loads of people do that. But when it was my turn I noticed her lip marks half way down the f*cking spout - you're supposed to put your mouth UNDER the damn thing, not perform fell@tio on it!

Could you please PM me your gym details, as I need to join it immediately.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just saw some woman walk her child around tesco on a lead, why!?!

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »

To stop them wandering off. It also gives them a bit if exercise I suppose. I'd be happy to see all kids in supermarkets on leashes instead of running around as though the supermarket is a creche.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Well, I haven't seen anything like that since I was a child on a lead myself many years ago, but one of the reasons was I'd a habit of running off and getting myself lost, so I can understand at least from that perspective :o

(a fcuking pink lead and all now I remember it! :mad: )

To this day I wouldn't find my way out of a paper bag, no sense of direction, at, all :pac:

And I was just about to say I'd be lost without the sat nav on my phone, but then I came in here anyway to post about the fact I'd to leave in my phone today to be repaired and I'll be without it for a week, and they didn't have a spare phone in store. I wouldn't mind but I gave away a load of old phones I had lying around to charity there two weeks ago... sickened! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I have a visitor staying with us at the moment and I feel awful saying it but she stinks, in fact when she is around the whole house stinks of b.o. and perfume and it's disgusting. It's not just trivially annoying it's sickening.

To stop them wandering off. It also gives them a bit if exercise I suppose. I'd be happy to see all kids in supermarkets on leashes instead of running around as though the supermarket is a creche.:D

On the street near a road fair enough, but in a bloody supermarket? Seriously there's nowhere for the kid to go. She was about two years old I doubt her little legs would carry her very far.

Running home to tidy before a visitor comes out :p

KatW4 wrote: »

It's sods law, the messier the house is the more likely a visitor is to turn up.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Trivially annoying that I can't bring my 3 yr old into a supermarket. She either stands stock still and refuses to budge, or bolts:(. I think this is payback, I was a nightmare child, I used to run off and hide on my mother, and watch her panicking looking for me. Some kids are easier left at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yeah, but this kid was about 22 and dressed like one of the Village People. And the woman holding the lead was in full dominatrix attire. Are you sure you weren't in Walmart?

It's sods law, the messier the house is the more likely a visitor is to turn up.

It's that exactly!

• Advertisement

It's that exactly!

In my case the house is always at it's worst when my mother makes an unannounced visit. Last time she called Mr Pumpkinseeds was on nights and I hadn't hoovered all week, the dishes weren't washed because he was asleep and the place was a general mess. Even though she didn't comment on it I could 'feel' the disapproval.:rolleyes:

In my case the house is always at it's worst when my mother makes an unannounced visit. Last time she called Mr Pumpkinseeds was on nights and I hadn't hoovered all week, the dishes weren't washed because he was asleep and the place was a general mess. Even though she didn't comment on it I could 'feel' the disapproval.

That sounds like my house right now! Thankfully my mum is much worse than me and never comments. It's other family members I have to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Dropping an open box of Rice Krispies and watching them going everywheeeerrrreeeee!! Aargh :(

People who fart in public places and almost kill you with the smell :( hold it in!!!!

When you put a bottle of wine in the freezer to chill and forget you left it there :(

Boyfriend went to the shop earlier for diesel and bought himself some softmints. What did he buy for me? Nothing!!!!
    Every time I go to the shop I buy him something nice. Every single time without fail. I'm not impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Boyfriend went to the shop earlier for diesel and bought himself some softmints. What did he buy for me? Nothing!!!!
    Every time I go to the shop I buy him something nice. Every single time without fail. I'm not impressed.

Don't be upset, you just love him more than he loves you. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

People posting up crap about a lost dog in England or Australia on Facebook.. Like I am going to see it walking through Rathmines!! FFS

And the stupid new "self service" yokes in Tesco.. Who came up with that idea? A tiny shelf to put a baskets worth of stuff on.. ????

And people that are going to post "go to Lidl/Ald"i.. blah blah..

I have stopped talking about food as it is getting on my pisser that every conversation has a "OH you get that in lialdi for 26c, why do you still go to xxx when lidl etc has it for 3c"

Feck right off. Its my money and I will spend it how I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

For some reason, I can't seem to use the "View All Posts by McChubbin" function on my profile. Anyone else having problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

McChubbin wrote: »
    For some reason, I can't seem to use the "View All Posts by McChubbin" function on my profile. Anyone else having problems?

Log out??

Your right.. Not working..

McChubbin wrote: »

Same. Logging out won't fix it there's a thread about it in site development

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Customer service spinning your grievance into something positive for their company:

Service A never works
    Service B is apalling
    Service C works the odd time
    Service D is not what I asked for

"Delighted to hear you enjoying service C...." : I didn't fcuking say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

dubscottie wrote: »
    And the stupid new "self service" yokes in Tesco.. Who came up with that idea? A tiny shelf to put a baskets worth of stuff on.. ????.

Put the basket on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

dubscottie wrote: »
    People posting up crap about a lost dog in England or Australia on Facebook.. Like I am going to see it walking through Rathmines!! FFS

Have a quick read ;)

Australian cat found in NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Winter in July. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I have a fridge magnet that says "my house was clean yesterday, sorry you missed it" if the point out my mess I just point out the fridge magnet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Poor spelling, grammar and general chaviness on social media sites.

This one annoyed me enough to do a thread but i resisted the urge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

People who decide to find their leap card or organise change when they get on the bus.

YOU HAD LOADS OF TIME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Horrible Americanisations that are infecting Irish airwaves. Yesterday I was listening to a piece on Newstalk about a business called Hassle.com in which the otherwise intelligent sounding owner used the appalling 'get-go' at least four times in a relative short space of time. Like finger nails being scraped down a blackboard! :mad:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Horrible Americanisations that are infecting Irish airwaves. Yesterday I was listening to a piece on Newstalk about a business called Hassle.com in which the otherwise intelligent sounding owner used the appalling 'get-go' at least four times in a relative short space of time. Like finger nails being scraped down a blackboard! :mad:

I've used 'get go' for as long as I can remember. Since when is it an Americanisation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I've used 'get go' for as long as I can remember. Since when is it an Americanisation?

Right from the get-go I'd say? :p

Yeah, there does seem to be a thing nowadays for people who haven't heard of words before assuming they must be an "americanism".

Words like "pantyhose" and "panties" are americanisms that I cannot stand, horrible, horrible words.

Tights and knickers ffs! :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement