Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Annoyed that a friend is trying to turn me off getting my hips pierced because of the scars. I don't really care about the scars, the purpose of getting them pierced is to hide other scars, so what have I got to lose? Absolutely nothing. Can she understand? Absolutely not. GRRRRR :(

Would a tattoo not be better? I only ask as I've a really big area of scar tissue that I'm planning to have tattooed at some point and a tattoo seems like the right way to go.

When a tissue gets put through the washing. Not just any wash, oh no, this had to be a dark wash.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Would a tattoo not be better? I only ask as I've a really big area of scar tissue that I'm planning to have tattooed at some point and a tattoo seems like the right way to go.

It probably would be a good idea, it's just I'm only 19 and don't want to rush into a tattoo I'd regret either, so I'll leave it a few years :)

Be careful inking over scar tissue, if its all scar tissue fair enough, but mine are more random scars over the area, so it would look really stripey if you get me? But if you just have a full area of scar tissue it would work really well for you :)

It probably would be a good idea, it's just I'm only 19 and don't want to rush into a tattoo I'd regret either, so I'll leave it a few years :)

Be careful inking over scar tissue, if its all scar tissue fair enough, but mine are more random scars over the area, so it would look really stripey if you get me? But if you just have a full area of scar tissue it would work really well for you :)

I know. It's very bumpy skin and I'll be very careful about who I get to do it, at least it's an area that's usually covered up.:D

I know. It's very bumpy skin and I'll be very careful about who I get to do it, at least it's an area that's usually covered up.:D

exactly :D did you ever try biooil? Never worked for me but some people swear by it :o

exactly :D did you ever try biooil? Never worked for me but some people swear by it :o

It's surgical scarring as a result of skin grafts, so nothing other than clothes or a big tattoo will hide it. :D

It's surgical scarring as a result of skin grafts, so nothing other than clothes or a big tattoo will hide it. :D

Ah okay :D Excellent excuse to get inked up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I am 12,561 days old and I still can't open a Capri Sun properly!

It's not the same when you clip the corner and pour it into a glass....what's the point like!

I wonder how many people got out their calculator to figure out your age :D

TA'd that the batteries in my calcualtor are gone and that they were in the drawer under the cutlery where there are tonnes of batteries and im not sure which work and which dont. why oh why don't i throw them away.... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This "I'm Offended" culture, grow up and get a bloody spine, a bit of cop on and don't take life so bloody seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Cormac... wrote: »
    This "I'm Offended" culture, grow up and get a bloody spine, a bit of cop on and don't take life so bloody seriously.

I'm actually really offended by that, Cormac! :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People that start a reply after being asked a question with, SO, They guy talking to Anton Savage this morning every reply was SOO, Chungwan that was the face of Irish Water done it too at the beginning, but stopped, must have heard herself. soo annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The woman reading the headlines before the 8am news this morn on RTE radio 1,
    "Almost 4million Syrian refugees have left Syria in as many years"
    hmmmmm one a year so? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

spending 20 mins some mornings in work trying to figure out why my mouse isn't working, switching USB ports from one to the other scratching me head only to cop on that some lil bastard has put a sticker over the poxy laser

trivial annoyed that I am thick in the mornings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Kev W wrote: »
    Kind of missing the point of the thread maybe?

I like the womans rants it was a passing comment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Bitter feminists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Indirect bullies. Whispering, funny looks, sniggering, yet nothing said to your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

Online gambling.

Singers who have that whiny, irritating "indie" voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that it is my(and the beloved wifes) wedding anniversary...but we could not get a babysitter.
    But still, will have the afternoon in a fine eatery in town to mark the occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

TA by people who act like they're all confused and overwhelmed by Ryanair's queueing arrangements and conveniently get themselves through the priority boarding lane without a priority ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd that I have to fly Ryanair at all this evening, TA'd at Aer Lingus and BA for being in excess of £150 for return flights this weekend and TA'd at people that tell me things that I have to go to are on in Ireland in July at relatively short notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

TA because I just figured out what TA means even though I've read nearly this entire TA thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

It's a pain in the ass for staff who have to ask it. It's called upselling and you're forced to do it.

oh you mean like *do you want fries with that* ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Not being able to hold an argument without crying- I'm angry not sad! It doesn't matter how small or big the argument is, I always cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

rosie16 wrote: »
    Not being able to hold an argument without crying- I'm angry not sad! It doesn't matter how small or big the argument is, I always cry.

Do you want a cuddle?

• Advertisement

Beggars in Dublin city centre. Was trying to enjoy the sun on Stephens green but got asked for change twice.
    I know I have complained about this before....But still!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Do you want a cuddle?

Cuddles are always appreciated. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

People who send you a message and don't start it with a greeting like hello or hi and instead just launch straight into asking you for something. Oh yeah, I really want to give you everything now that you've displayed you don't even have basic manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

rosie16 wrote:

I do this every single time! I feel like a baby. Glad I'm not alone though :)

KatW4 wrote: »

More cuddles for eisenberg1 to give ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

YurOK2 wrote: »
    People who send you a message and don't start it with a greeting like hello or hi and instead just launch straight into asking you for something. Oh yeah, I really want to give you everything now that you've displayed you don't even have basic manners.

Oh yes, and the ones who only make contact when they want something. :mad:
    There are certain people, when I see a message from them, I immediately think what do you want now!

all this news coverage of ariana grande licking a ****ing donut.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Robsweezie wrote: »

Should I be TA'ed that I haven't the faintest idea who or what this :confused: - perhaps I should read the Sun or watch Sky News (NOT)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Robsweezie wrote: »

All those creeps who want to 'do' her. I find it a little bit sick when guys fancy someone that looks underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

KatW4 wrote: »
    Me too..:o
    Its when youre hitting your head off a brick wall and everything is thrown back in your face by an adult acting like a child :mad:Anyway I hit the wine too early tonight and peaked too soon so ignore me..have to be up early for work for the next 6 mornings and its ruining my Saturday night ...feeling very sorry for myself and I want a hug off eisy too:pac:
    Ah meant my friday night ...drunkies

Colser wrote: »
    Its when youre hitting your head off a brick wall and everything is thrown back in your face by an adult acting like a child :mad:Anyway I hit the wine too early tonight and peaked too soon so ignore me..have to be up early for work for the next 6 mornings and its ruining my Saturday night ...feeling very sorry for myself and I want a hug off eisy too:pac:

Things will look better tomorrow, they always do! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Hug sent.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just read this now and thought Colser is hitting the wine VERY early :D, when you mentioned Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

selous wrote: »
    The guy talking to Anton Savage this morning

Speaking off Anton Savage, is he not happy enough with the PR company he runs? He's not short of a few pennies, so why doesn't he feck off and let some up and coming new DJ take his radio slot. Greedy ****s like him really annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Taking something out of the cupboard and the vegetable oil falls out and spills everywhere and my reflexes are so slow that half of the bottle has spilled before I manage to put it upright again, so everything is sticky and it is impossible to wipe up :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA that coconut water is so dear. That is all. Oh and Pumpkinseeds, wub you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I feel like I stepped into some bizarre "twilight zone" on the bus here where the two young girls in the seats beside me are noshing down on chinese takeaway, and the group of young lads taking up all the seats at the back of the bus are talking about "oh 5% body fat is the lowest you can go" something, so curiosity got the better of me as I had to check did a young man actually come out with something so stupid, the ballsqueezer wearing wimp had his feet up on the arm rests of the seat in front like he was stirruped up about to give birth to an iphone any minute... :rolleyes:

*earphones in, sunglasses on*, that's better (just in time too as the two young ones have started singing along to Rihanna! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have to go out tonight and I feel like sh1t on a stick. I could drop out but it's a hen party so it's not just a run of the mill outing.

Worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Mythbusters. Used to enjoy it. Now it's TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I witnessed a couple taking a selfie with a selfie stick earlier today. I didn't know whether to weep, or run at them full force and pitch the saps into the sea :(

73Cat wrote: »
    I witnessed a couple taking a selfie with a selfie stick earlier today. I didn't know whether to weep, or run at them full force and pitch the saps into the sea :(

Had you of done it there is not one court in the land that would have convicted you. Well deserved!

Menas wrote: »
    Had you of done it there is not one court in the land that would have convicted you. Well deserved!

It's a crime against humanity that I'd almost be prepared to do time for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

73Cat wrote: »

I'd have paid to get a photo of that! :D

I'd have paid to get a photo of that! :D

I'd have sold you popcorn for while you watched ;)

• Advertisement

the new Elaine o hara book and others like it. I get the morbid interest in these cases but when you see them on special offer at Christmas time its a bit unsettling. and being distributed as gifts.....'''ah thanks, ive wanted this for ages'' its a real life book on someones brutal death, someones daughter, just doesn't feel right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement