Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 World Cup Qualification

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cervantes2

Ah noðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Thank fcuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Ah bollox :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** shake

Scotland are cursed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't think I've seen two late free kicks scored so late in the game.

Penalty and free kick I remember for France v England in 2004.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

GreNoLi wrote: »
    England will equalise.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Good goal still poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Scotland are pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Dreadful defending from Scotland.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    **** shake

Scotland are cursed sh1te

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Started watching at 85mins three goals :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ever thank your lucky stars that you're not a Scottish football fan? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Southgate out now by the English media

Southgate in now by the English media

Lol, English fans chanting "2-1 and you ****ed it up". They have a lot to cheer don't they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Southgate in now by the English media

He does the hokey pokey and he turns around

With two decent keepers, those goals probably wouldn't have been scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cervantes2

What a strange match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Worst transition to a counter attack ever by Scotland. What a wasted opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Kane ruined what would have been one of Scotland's most epic victories in this fixture.

Amazing how this game that was so dull exploded into life in the last ten minutes.

In other news Northern Ireland beat Azerbijan 1-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lol, English fans chanting "2-1 and you ****ed it up". They have a lot to cheer don't they?

Well they're not wrong. Scots were chanting about Jimmy Savile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Scotland, no matter the platform, are the greatest nation of bottlers the world has ever known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats too our Northern cousins good result for them

Even more nervous about 2morrow now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

When that ball came out from the England free kick, the ball should have been played to the left, all the space in the world. Instead he kicked it right back to England, the only player there and we know the rest. Scotland, nobody to blame but yourselves.

But didn't England fúck it up at 1-0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I would be singing the same to be fair if I was an England fan! That is what being a rival fan is all about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pretty poor game until the last 10 minutes. England completely in control once the adrenaline wore off for Scotland yet nearly managed to throw it away. England really should be able to start with better than the likes of Bertrand, Livermore and Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Worst transition to a counter attack ever by Scotland. What a wasted opportunity.

That was criminal, it was a simple pass to get a clean run through on goal or take it to the corner. Must be miserable to be a Scotland fan. Any slight chance they have of glory always goes begging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

sligeach wrote: »
    When that ball came out from the England free kick, the ball should have been played to the left, all the space in the world. Instead he kicked it right back to England and we know the rest. Scotland, nobody to blame but yourselves.

Reminds me a little of the time Ireland blew that 2-1 over Italy.

• Advertisement

Don't go denying us our small bits of happiness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Fantastic free kicks from Griffiths and poor defending for the England equaliser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Well they're top of the group and unbeaten aren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

All four goals were GK errors for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

R00ster wrote: »
    That was criminal, it was a simple pass to get a clean run through on goal or take it to the corner..

Yeah that decision cost them the win. Whatever about the defending afterwards but one bad decision caused the rest.

Might be worth turning on to Sky if you have it as Souness looks like he wants to punch someone.

• Advertisement

A few commentators saying Gordon should have come for that. I'm not so sure.

Might be worth turning on to Sky if you have it as Souness looks like he wants to punch someone.

That's understandable. I'm not Scottish and I'd punch someone myself :D

I fear this time tomorrow we will be feeling very deflated like Scotland. Irelands to win but we dont like doing ourselves any favours.

A face like a bulldog chewing a wasp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Pretty poor game until the last 10 minutes. England completely in control once the adrenaline wore off for Scotland yet nearly managed to throw it away. England really should be able to start with better than the likes of Bertrand, Livermore and Rashford.

Picking Rashford over Ox and Sterling seems like hubris from the manager, unless it's a dead rubber you should always play your best 11.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Picking Rashford over Ox and Sterling seems like hubris from the manager, unless it's a dead rubber you should always play your best 11.

Rashford should be picked over Ox.
    Most would agree with that. You say you haven't seen Rashford play yet you seem to have a very negative opinion of him as you have mentioned him about a dozen times!

He had a poor game though, so you are right to call him out but Ox is one of the most frustrating players around and extremely inconsistent. The whole jump the gun and forget the past when he scores a goal has always been a theme of his career

Rashford is on his way to becoming an extremely top player. Kane was just as bad today, the goal allows him to get away with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

A few commentators saying Gordon should have come for that. I'm not so sure.

I think he should have but looking at the replay I think the sun might have been in his eyes & he lost track of the ball, no other reason I can see for not coming & punching it clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Ah sure, he always looks like that. If that was Ireland who went 2 up and it finished 2-2 I'd be so f*cking pissed off.

Edit: Meant 2-1 up of course.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ah sure, he always looks like that. If that was Ireland who went 2 up and it finished 2-2 I'd be so f*cking pissed off.

He looked way worse than normal right at the final whistle. Unfortunately, unlike RTE, Sky go to commercial almost immediately which was a pity because we never got to see him vent his anger.

RoryMac wrote: »
    I think he should have but looking at the replay I think the sun might have been in his eyes & he lost track of the ball, no other reason I can see for not coming & punching it clear

I thought it looked a bit high and he had a lot of ground to make up. In fairness to Sterling, it was an excellent ball, it didn't drop til it had almost reached Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Rashford should be picked over Ox.
    Most would agree with that. You say you haven't seen Rashford play yet you seem to have a very negative opinion of him as you have mentioned him about a dozen times!

He had a poor game though, so you are right to call him out but Ox is one of the most frustrating players around and extremely inconsistent. The whole jump the gun and forget the past when he scores a goal has always been a theme of his career

Rashford is on his way to becoming an extremely top player. Kane was just as bad today, the goal allows him to get away with it though
    You seem to be doing the "forget the past" thing when it comes to Oxlade-Chamberlains last 3 months....fact is he's in form right now. And unlike Rashford, is a winger.

I thought it looked a bit high and he had a lot of ground to make up. In fairness to Sterling, it was an excellent ball, it didn't drop til it had almost reached Kane.

At the time I was thinking stay on your line but that didn't end so well.

It's the ultimate compliment to a good cross when you can say it's 50/50 whether the keeper should come or not.

The bit that annoyed me was what preceded it. They had the counter on, it's the last minute. Just keep it, waste time, act the maggot, run for the corner flag and it's job done.

I'm still trying to digest how they blew it. Can only imagine how the Scots fans feel.
    Got a text from a Scottish pal of mine after and he just said one word "haunted".
    Sort of sums it up I suppose.

Been a very good night for Northern Ireland. Not only did they get a win in the final seconds, but their biggest rivals for second spot, the Czech Republic, were held to a draw away to Norway. It means NI now have 13 points and the Czechs have 9 points.

The next round of fixtures sees the Czechs host Germany while NI are away to San Marino, so that 4 point gap will likely become 7 points. Here's all of their remaining fixtures:

San Marino (A)
    Czech Republic (H)
    Germany (H)
    Norway (A)

At the very least it looks like a play-off spot is all but guaranteed, but they might even be in with a shout of qualifying automatically as the best group runner-up if they can finish strongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Martin Tyler's calls for the Scotland goals (especially the second one) were excellent. Just on observation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

For some reason I thought Scotland won 3-1. Just watched the highlights there and 2-2 such a disappointment. I was hoping it was 3-1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement