Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84/84X route change from Wed 18/3/2015 for 3 weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Looking forward to seeing a big Dublin Bus double decker do a 360 turn on that little roundabout!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

got the first 84 X this morning. It arrived about 10 mins early at charlesland so I'd say there were loads of people who missed it.

The bus wasn't able to complete the 360 turn at the Killincarraig roundabout so ended up doing some sort of 3 point turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

same with the 07:00 84X - theyre coming down by Go Gym now so the real-time info when they leave Kilcole is misleading cos theyre taking a shortcut and theyre arriving early in Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I was on 3 84/84x's today. First one did a 360 at 2nd roundabout no bother. Second and third bus turned at first roundabout and had to do a bit of reversing. It was quite good fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I was on the first one this morning - it arrived at 06:40, so about 6 mins early. At Killincarrig it took the second roundabout with no issues (the literature from Dublin Bus said it would use the second roundabout), it was pretty much bang on schedule from then on, but yes, there seemed to be a lot fewer people on it than usual. That could also be partly down to people taking leave, certainly traffic has been much lighter along the route this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I was on 3 84/84x's today. First one did a 360 at 2nd roundabout no bother. Second and third bus turned at first roundabout and had to do a bit of reversing. It was quite good fun :P

Were you driving? :D:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Were you driving? :D:D:eek:

I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

so after a week i can confirm that on average, 84X's are arriving approx 6-7 minutes ahead of the realtime info on the dublin bus app. this is most relevant if youre going for the last 84X of the morning (as i was this morning!!). the realtime info said it was due in 6 mins as the bus pulled up to the Charlesland stop. :D

Advertisement