Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.S Monaco VS. Arsenal Last 16- 2nd Leg (Kick Off:19:45 TV3 & UTV)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭G1032

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Hardly poison to be fair. There a decent team and any side set up like they were tonight are very hard to break down. They defended well in fairness to them.

They are just about decent I'd say. They lost 2-0 and for all the talk of how brilliant they are defensively, they gave up a hell of a lot of chances over the 2 legs v us.
    Each of the other quarter finalists will be hoping they get drawn against Monaco and to be perfectly honest it's embarrassing for Arsenal to get knocked out by them. It's shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can't wait to see how this ''defensively great'' Monaco do against Bayern/Madrid/Barca :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought Arsenal put in a premium performance tonight and in the end were unlucky not to progress. Any team can have an off day and Arsenal did at the Emirates in the first leg. You just have to look at their other recent results to see that they just had an off day at home. Tonight they did what they have been doing for the last two months and just completely controlled the game but came up just short. It's just so unfortunate that they had to have their bad day in the Champion's league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Unlucky arsenal. Feared the worst for them in the opening 10 mins but they really played well for the majority of the rest of the match. Cazorla was terrific.
    That goal at the Emirates turns out to be the killer as I think a lot of us suspected it would be.

Also, what the hell has happened to Sanchez? He was desperate tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Justice.

Dunno what it is with teams taking their foot off the pedal in the second leg against Arsenal but it gives ITV a great narrative.

Right team went through.

Justice for what exactly? Such a cliche at this stage.
    Unlucky arsenal. Feared the worst for them in the opening 10 mins but they really played well for the majority of the rest of the match. Cazorla was terrific.
    That goal at the Emirates turns out to be the killer as I think a lot of us suspected it would be.

Also, what the hell has happened to Sanchez? He was desperate tonight.

Seems to be a bit of a burn out, he has played practically every game and needs to accept that he may need a rest and that he is not in fact the duracell bunny.

Seems to be a bit of a burn out, he has played practically every game and needs to accept that he may need a rest and that he is not in fact the duracell bunny.

Wasn't he out injured or suspended (can't rem which) recently enough though? I'd have thought he'd come back all guns blazing. And it was more his passing that was awful tonight and, a couple of times, his lack of passing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Wasn't he out injured or suspended (can't rem which) recently enough though? I'd have thought he'd come back all guns blazing. And it was more his passing that was awful tonight and, a couple of times, his lack of passing

Yeah he was injured. I still think it's a burnout he came back from his injury too soon and apparently he gives it his all in training too to the point that he has to be told to calm down a bit by the coaches.

Yeah his passing has been quite poor as of late and he has a tendency to go at it alone too much. There's a time and a place for that. As someone else mentioned he has to remember he has team mates around him that are more than capable of linking up with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't often say this but.........felt sorry for the Gunners they deserved more from the game, brave effort

should have played Ramsay from the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

fryup wrote: »
    don't often say this but.........felt sorry for the Gunners they deserved more from the game, brave effort

should have played Ramsay from the start

True, the way Monaco set up last night, Coquelin's attributes weren't so vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I would have gone for Ramsey over Welbeck myself. Then have him and Walcott on at the 60 mark to go with that pace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sanchez has "off field" issues atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Justice.

Dunno what it is with teams taking their foot off the pedal in the second leg against Arsenal but it gives ITV a great narrative.

Right team went through.

Justice for what exactly, you have to be the most bitter shíte talker I've seen on this forum it's pathetically funny :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Justice for what exactly, you have to be the most bitter shíte talker I've seen on this forum it's pathetically funny :pac:
    Ah ignore him, he's still bitter over Michael Thomas.

Or Charlie George :pac:

efb wrote: »
    Sanchez has "off field" issues atm
    Weird, seeing as he spent the majority of the game on his arse on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Weird, seeing as he spent the majority of the game on his arse on it

Yeah he just kept slipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arsenal opened the flood gates in the first game- the damage was done then

efb wrote: »
    Arsenal opened the flood gates in the first game- the damage was done then

the team really lost their heads that day. All defensive discipline went out the window and so did our chances of qualification. Hopefully that's the last of that sort of display for a very long while.

On the plus side we did the same thing on a number of occasions last season, but that was the first time this season, so progress is being made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

greendom wrote: »
    the team really lost their heads that day. All defensive discipline went out the window and so did our chances of qualification. Hopefully that's the last of that sort of display for a very long while.

On the plus side we did the same thing on a number of occasions last season, but that was the first time this season, so progress is being made.

Anderlecht say hi :p

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anderlecht say hi :p

Say hi back and thanks for the 4 points ! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement