Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winter edible perennials

Options
  • 17-03-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, im growing edibles in a small garden and am looking for ideas on what to plant to be able to eat in winter, i would like them to be perennial, just greens and herbage would give me a fresh green smoothie everyday, any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I've got beetroot and spinach going through winter. We eat the beetroot leaves as well, so pick them like a salad before taking out the root.

Herbs... my parsley has been very vigourous over this winter. And the usual hardier ones thyme and rosemary. Lavender is looking good as well.
    I'm not into smoothies, so not sure what would be best for those. Rosemary might not blend well?

Kale might suit you, or brocolli.

Advertisement