Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22lr/Scope Problem

Options
  • 17-03-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Well lads..For a while now ive had a problem thats been bugging me no matter what ive done it hasnt been solved...

I have my cz 452 .22lr zeroed at 50 yards with cci sub sonics.

Shooting before 50 yards the bullet impacts left and after 50 yardsimpacts to the right at 100 yards it imapcts about 4 inches to the right :confused:

Yesterday i shot at 200 yards at sand pit and it was impacting 4-5ft to the right and there was not a gust of wind :(

Anyone encounter similar problems?Scope is a Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4-12X50 also using an old parker hale silencer could it be this?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Get your zero WITHOUT the suppressor on. Then try at 100 yards and 25 yards again without the Suppressor. See if this solves the problem. An incorrectly aligned mod can causing clipping of the rounds as they exit the barrel. If the gun fires fine without the mod then you have your problem.

If not, check rings are tight, and scope is not slipping. Make sure barrel is clean. Is the scope mounted straight, and not being smart, the right way up.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Thanks again Cass will be next weekend before i can give this ago will update then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Saw a ruger 22 shooting fine without a mod. Mod on and it was feet out. Was the thread on the ruger barrel was the problem. Not a mod problem. Barrel had to be replaced. And was and no more problems.

Advertisement