Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lost iPhone

• 17-03-2015 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I found an iPhone in work a while ago and I want to try to return it. I work in a shop but there are no security cameras so I can't just look back over footage and none of the staff owns or knows who might own the phone. I tried charging it to turn it on but it started beeping which I googled and it turns out that means the screen is broken so I can't even attempt to call "Home" or something. I checked for a sim card but there isn't one and now I'm at a loss as to how to get it back to the right person. I asked a friend in the Gardai and he said turning it in is pointless as it'd likely either sit in a box for eternity or be picked up by someone else at the station. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to find the owner?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

When you say you tried charging it but it just beeped, what exactly do you mean? Was it only plugged in for a short while or how long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dnlotoole

guil wrote: »
    When you say you tried charging it but it just beeped, what exactly do you mean? Was it only plugged in for a short while or how long?

I plugged it in for 24 hours and the beeping never stopped and the phone still wouldn't turn on so I looked up what that meant and found a YouTube video showing an iphone doing the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Hold down the power button and home button for 10-15 seconds, and see if that changes

Hold down the power button and home button for 10-15 seconds, and see if that changes

No luck with the hard reset. I'm pretty sure the screen's screwed but I don't really fancy buying someone a new screen in order to give them back their phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Could possibly be is lost mode. I don't know why it would beep if the screen was broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

guil wrote:
    Could possibly be is lost mode. I don't know why it would beep if the screen was broke.

The charging port or cable could be dodgy causing the phone to continuously beep. The phone could be getting a disturbed current and thinking that its being plugged in and plugged out causing the charging sound to continuously play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I'd say it was an old broken iPhone that was uneconomical to repair/unfixable and someone gave it to a child who lost it in the store.

Tried another charger but it did nothing. It could be the charging port but again, I don't plan on having the phone repaired for someone who's lost&damaged it. Is there any way to check if it's registered as lost/stolen with a serial number/IMEI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

dnlotoole wrote: »
    Tried another charger but it did nothing. It could be the charging port but again, I don't plan on having the phone repaired for someone who's lost&damaged it. Is there any way to check if it's registered as lost/stolen with a serial number/IMEI?

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Advertisement