Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions of family getaway - chalet or mobile home styl

Options
  • 17-03-2015 5:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi there, hoping someone will be able to give me some advice..

I got a brainwave to bury sort a mini break for 4-5 days for myself, partner and his sis and family. There will be 4adults 3kids - one 4 year old and two 2 1/2 year olds.. Sometime in late July. They would love the idea of a chalet or mobile home in a nice campsite near beach. But I'm looking for one with onsite bar or very near bar for the boys to stroll to at night.
    Last year I was in athlone and there was a fab place on a lake with onsite restaurant and pub..I'm looking for something similar but down south..

Any suggestions of a thing would be very welcome

Comments

Not the best beach in South Kerry but meets your requirements...campsites and beach bar...

http://www.ocarrollscove.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Google caravan parks glenbeigh. There are two either side of the village, Glenross always looks more appealing to me (seems less busy). Both are within walking distance of local pubs. There is another mobile home park nearer the beach, also a pub nearby but further out of the village. Easy driving to Killarney, Tralee or Cahersiveen/Waterville if you need change of scene.

Edit: just checked the mobile home there, it's if you have own mobile home or own one there so probably off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Check out the mobile home sites near Camp and Castlegregory, some are within a short distance of a bar or village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

CEANN TRA aka VENTRY

Advertisement