Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused and need help !!!

• 17-03-2015 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all,
    As I said I need help with some decision making. Here is the situation :

- Bought a 2010 skoda superb combi 1.9 tdi ambition spec (no DPF) with 48 k miles last July for €16500

- I have realised I have no need for a diesel car. We do about 13k miles a year and involves plenty of town driving.

- I would like to now buy a petrol estate as i have two kids. I am looking at a
    2012 Toyota avensis tourer 1.8 vmatic 36k miles for €18500

What I would like to know is this : Should I just suck it up and drive the superb as I could need an MPV in the next 3 years ? What do you think my superb is likely to sell for now ( it has 55k miles now) ?
    And finally, is the Avensis overpriced ? All opinions would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks , P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As you already bought the car and if it were me I'd keep what you have now until it starts causing trouble which would be pretty low I'd say. If you change now it's going to cost you money to trade up rather than save you money and then it will cost you even more money in 2 or 3 years time trying to shift a petrol car in order to buy a MPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

bazz26 wrote: »
    As you already bought the car and if it were me I'd keep what you have now until it starts causing trouble which would be pretty low I'd say. If you change now it's going to cost you money to trade up rather than save you money and then it will cost you even more money in 2 or 3 years time trying to shift a petrol car in order to buy a MPV.

All valid points. To be honest though I don't mind putting a bit of cash towards a car that's going to be a lot more pleasurable to drive around town than the 1.9 tdi.
    Anybody have an opinion on the value of the superb ?

Advertisement