Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling fieungerola Costa del sol

• 17-03-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Heading here on hols and looking to get few miles in! Was wondering are there any clubs or group spins in this area..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I thought Sky based themselves in Mallorca.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Team sky

bazermc wrote: »
    I thought Sky based themselves in Mallorca.

The joker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I took the bike over there last October. fantastic cycling area, I just cycled routes myself, around and over the mountains. The Villages behind the mountains are not very touristy, thus really nice to cycle to and enjoy a coffee in. The mountains are accessible though I found a lot of strava routes were mountain bike rather than road bike.

Idleater wrote: »
    I took the bike over there last October. fantastic cycling area, I just cycled routes myself, around and over the mountains. The Villages behind the mountains are not very touristy, thus really nice to cycle to and enjoy a coffee in. The mountains are accessible though I found a lot of strava routes were mountain bike rather than road bike.
    I know that if you go up in to the hills you hav to cross a toll road.. If there was organised spins in that area would be great! If not mite just stick too the flatland along the coast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

there are a couple of crossing points that intersect the toll road, I'll look them up on maps tomorrow. I Did a couple of spins up to the masts, you'll see them, to Mijas and on from there. There's basically the normal road to mijas , and the toll motorway to Marbella.
    The Coast is fine too but a bit flat for me.

• Advertisement

there are a couple of crossing points that intersect the toll road, I'll look them up on maps tomorrow. I Did a couple of spins up to the masts, you'll see them, to Mijas and on from there. There's basically the normal road to mijas , and the toll motorway to Marbella.
    Cheers thanks for that all info on this is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭nilhg

We were out in Torremolinos last Oct/Nov and I did quite a bit of cycling that week, access out into the country is much easier from Fuengirola, I often used that route in or out.

The main road up along coast, through the towns isn't the most pleasant spin but I found it safe enough,

https://www.strava.com/activities/212747605,

but ideally you'd probably be looking at something like this,

https://www.strava.com/activities/213099459

Be warned though if you go off the main roads/get a bit lost you can hit some fairly extreme gradients, and the main roads can be steep enough,

https://www.strava.com/activities/215023913

The climb up to the masts is mega, if you like your hills you'll be wanting to do that.

Thanks for that..

Advertisement