Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday/night in Dublin...suggestions needed

Options
  • 17-03-2015 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

A "friend" is coming to visit me next month and while I have plans made for the rest of the visit I have a Saturday to fill and need your help. He's been to Ireland before and has done the Guiness storehouse and Jameson factory so they're out.

Basically I'm looking for ideas to fill Saturday afternoon and evening. I've looked at Ticketmaster and none of the gigs on that night are appealing. My added dilemma is that I live in Dublin 15 so am wondering whether to do something in town, go home and change for dinner and the night and back in.

Maybe the zoo, it's kinda half way..hmm...is that boring?

Saturday night I need somewhere that's nice but does simple food as he's quite a fussy eater. Was thinking maybe the MV Cill Airne? Basically needs to be somewhere that does good steak and chips and has decent pub options for after. Would Sweetmans be a good option if we did the Cill Airne?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

How about a Dublin Bay Cruise - Your in D15 so take the train into Connolly and hop on the Luas to Dun Laoighre and take the cruise to Howth. If you've time how about a cliff walk and a quick pint and then back on the luas.

http://www.dublinbaycruises.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Oooh never heard of them, great idea thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I've done that Dublin Bay cruise from town to Howth and absolutely loved it. We ate in one of the restaurants down by the harbour, had a few pints in The Bloody Stream beside the DART station, then took a train back to town. If the weather is nice the cliff walks around Howth are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

athtrasna wrote: »

Saturday night I need somewhere that's nice but does simple food as he's quite a fussy eater. Was thinking maybe the MV Cill Airne? Basically needs to be somewhere that does good steak and chips and has decent pub options for after.

The Larder would fit the bill on the steak and chips front, within stiking distance of anywhere in Temple Bar, Georges St, etc

Advertisement