If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE40H6400 availability

Options
  • 17-03-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Guys, 

I noticed on a previous thread last month you mentioned the 40 inch version of Samsung's 6400 series, is it still available?  I don't see it on your website.  

I'm very interested in the 32 inch model but obviously if I could nab the slightly bigger version I'd take it.  40-42 inches would be my max as I'm more interested in the features than some hideous looking screen given my average size living room.  Should I be looking at anything other than the Samsung?

Regards, Colin. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys, 

I noticed on a previous thread last month you mentioned the 40 inch version of Samsung's 6400 series, is it still available?  I don't see it on your website.  

I'm very interested in the 32 inch model but obviously if I could nab the slightly bigger version I'd take it.  40-42 inches would be my max as I'm more interested in the features than some hideous looking screen given my average size living room.  Should I be looking at anything other than the Samsung?

Regards, Colin. 
    Malahide,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are not currently shipping the 40H6400 as stocks are a little tight - however if you are looking for a top quality 32" I would recommend the Panasonic TX32AS600 which has just been further reduced to €488.99 ( including delivery): https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200541-viera-tx32as600b.aspx - the AS600 really does have an amazing picture and especially great motion processing so its great for sports viewing.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 malahide_col

Cheers John for the reply.

Just a couple more questions: is the Panasonic 42 inch 650b worth the premium over say the Samsung 32 inch 6400? Are the features of Freetime and TV anytime actually useable in Ireland or are they strictly UK?

I'd be happy to purchase either from you but would like your thoughts.

Typical me, I set my mind on a particular brand and then I start looking at other stuff and upping the budget ðŸ˜

Regards, Colin.

Cheers John for the reply.

Just a couple more questions: is the Panasonic 42 inch 650b worth the premium over say the Samsung 32 inch 6400? Are the features of Freetime and TV anytime actually useable in Ireland or are they strictly UK?

I'd be happy to purchase either from you but would like your thoughts.

Typical me, I set my mind on a particular brand and then I start looking at other stuff and upping the budget ðŸ˜

Regards, Colin.
    Colin,

I shop the same way - I persuade myself that I need a specific model, then I actually go and do a bit of homework and by the end of the research I hardly ever buy what I had initially decided on!!

The Freetime is a great feature but unfortunately won't work in the ROI ( unless you are very devious with your IP ..) , But I'd wouldn't purchase a TV specifically for Freetime, to be honest - the AS650 is just a beautiful TV and I highly recommend them - the main benefit is the motion processing - Panasonic use their 1200Hz BLs processing whilst the Samsung uses their 400Hz processing an the overall picture on the AS650 ( in my opinion) is far more natural and smooth with very little jitter.

In terms of other features the 6400 and the AS650's are really similar - the main difference is that the 6400 uses active 3D whilst the AS650 3D is passive - technically Active should be better as you get a full HD 3D picture - however many people prefer Passive as there tends to be less flicker and of course the glasses are W A Y less expensive!

If you want a real deal ( I do know that you said you were looking for a 32" ( see the 1st paragraph of my response above)) I can do the 47AS650 at a mental Boardie special price - €699 including delivery (that's down from €770 this morning): https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200528-viera-tx47as650b.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, many thanks for such a detailed reply. 

As regards the 47AS650, I'm going to pull the trigger, sounds a great deal and sure I can always tell the missus they sent the wrong TV and it could be disrespectful to send it back!!

Let me know how to proceed, I don't know if there's an option to change the price on that link, and I'll sort out payment as soon as I hear from you. 

Thanks a mill,

Colin

Hi John, many thanks for such a detailed reply. 

As regards the 47AS650, I'm going to pull the trigger, sounds a great deal and sure I can always tell the missus they sent the wrong TV and it could be disrespectful to send it back!!

Let me know how to proceed, I don't know if there's an option to change the price on that link, and I'll sort out payment as soon as I hear from you. 

Thanks a mill,

Colin
    Colin,

yep its a cracking deal!

I can change the online price - but I cant leave it open at that price for long as we don't have that many that I can do at that money - but I'll change it online now and leave it there until tomorrow morning ( unless it goes mental!) - if you don't get to it in time you can drop me a PM or a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to arrange delivery,

Thanks again and if you give the web update about 60 mins it should show the new pricing!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

• Advertisement

John, many thanks for sorting that out. 

I've just ordered it there at the discount price, looking forward to receiving it soon. 

I'll let you know how I get on. 

Thanks for all the advice, Colin.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

John, many thanks for sorting that out. 

I've just ordered it there at the discount price, looking forward to receiving it soon. 

I'll let you know how I get on. 

Thanks for all the advice, Colin.
    Hi Malahide_Col.

Thanks for the order. Can I ask who the order was placed with as I have yet to see it appear on our system.

Thanks, Kenny.

Hi Kenny,

Not sure who specifically it was with but my order number is 101303, hope this helps.

Colin.

Hi Kenny,

Not sure who specifically it was with but my order number is 101303, hope this helps.

Colin.
    Hi Colin.

Sorry for all the questions.
    Was this purchased online via our website? .com or .ie?

I just don't see an order coming through our site either.

Apologies for this.

Sorry, Kenny. It was the dot ie site. I can forward you on my confirmation email. it was processed on a desktop computer at around 12.45 yesterday.

Hopefully everything is okay.

Regards, Colin.

• Advertisement

Hi Colin.

Pop it to me at kenny@richersounds.ie.

I'll have a look and have this sort ASAP.
    Sorry, Kenny. It was the dot ie site. I can forward you on my confirmation email. it was processed on a desktop computer at around 12.45 yesterday.

Regards, Colin.

Hi Colin.

Pop it to me at kenny@richersounds.ie.

I'll have a look and have this sort ASAP.

Regards, Colin.
    Hey again Colin.

Found it. Id been hunting for the 40h6400 but once realised it was the excellent 47as650 you had ordered instead :D

I'll check with our mail order to see when this will be shipped.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.