Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snacks you can't get in the US

Options
  • 18-03-2015 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey all,

So I've signed up for a snack exchange on Reddit and wanna send some unique snacks and chocolate that wouldn't be easy to find in the States.
    Was thinking of the obvious like Taytos but open to suggestions.

I won't risk customs confiscating any Kinder Eggs. :P

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I did one last year and I'm trying to remember what I stuck in....Kinder Bueno, some of those bags of Athlone sweets, Mikako biscuits (the individually wrapped ones work best!) Red lemonade, milky moos, Tiffin, macaroon bars, all the Snack bars & Club Milk, Emeralds, Scots Clan. Then a few of the sweet stand things like Golf Ball chewing gums, Refresher/Stinger bars, Love Hearts, Blackjacks & Fruit salads. I went with strange crisps like Banshee Bones, Meanies, Snax, etc. They went down well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was looking on Reddit at this idea earlier but as I'm really not familiar with the site, I've no idea how to get involved myself.
    I'd love to do a snack exchange with someone in the US; I'm craving Snyder's Pretzel Pieces so badly and they're nigh on impossible to get here.

nirzenra wrote: »
    Hey all,

So I've signed up for a snack exchange on Reddit and wanna send some unique snacks and chocolate that wouldn't be easy to find in the States.
    Was thinking of the obvious like Taytos but open to suggestions.

I won't risk customs confiscating any Kinder Eggs. :P

Thanks! :D

Kovu's ideas are spot on.
    What about King/Tayto?
    Monster Munch, Tayto Waffles, Smith's Bacon Fries.
    Cadbury Caramello, Golden Crisp, Turkish Delight, Mint Crisp.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I was looking on Reddit at this idea earlier but as I'm really not familiar with the site, I've no idea how to get involved myself.
    I'd love to do a snack exchange with someone in the US; I'm craving Snyder's Pretzel Pieces so badly and they're nigh on impossible to get here.

Superquinn/valu in Knocklyon had those last time I was there. Also a place down near Doolin but that's a bit far to travel ;) The honey mustard ones and Buffalo wings omnomnomnom. Feck it......I think I may do an order from the UK for some of them soon :pac:

I have done three exchanges but none off Reddit, all off Imgur, it's much easier to work on.

Kovu wrote: »
    Superquinn/valu in Knocklyon had those last time I was there. Also a place down near Doolin but that's a bit far to travel ;) The honey mustard ones and Buffalo wings omnomnomnom. Feck it......I think I may do an order from the UK for some of them soon :pac:

I have done three exchanges but none off Reddit, all off Imgur, it's much easier to work on.

They've only got Jalapeno and though beggars can't be choosers, I'd really love some Buffalo ones or Honey Mustard & Onion.

Where do you order them from UK? Amazon?

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    They've only got Jalapeno and though beggars can't be choosers, I'd really love some Buffalo ones or Honey Mustard & Onion.

Where do you order them from UK? Amazon?

A site called American Soda, used them on and off last few years. Not cheap but if I'm getting anything I'll have a list so only pay for shipping once. Cheetos....mmmm. And Swiss Miss!

A site called American Soda, used them on and off last few years. Not cheap but if I'm getting anything I'll have a list so only pay for shipping once. Cheetos....mmmm. And Swiss Miss!

Might check that out.
    I saw on Amazon they were selling 10 packs of Snyder's for £9.50 but the shipping was £29!
    Oh Cheetos yum, but only the crunchy ones-made the mistake of buying the ordinary ones in Spain and they were like bland yet salty Wotsits.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Much appreciated!

So far, I've picked up this Macaroon bar set, Lemons iced carmels, some crunches ( saw somewhere that Americans go nuts for 'em) and a little bag of Cadburys Carmel Easter eggs.
    I did one last year and I'm trying to remember what I stuck in....Kinder Bueno, some of those bags of Athlone sweets, Mikako biscuits (the individually wrapped ones work best!) Red lemonade, milky moos, Tiffin, macaroon bars, all the Snack bars & Club Milk, Emeralds, Scots Clan. Then a few of the sweet stand things like Golf Ball chewing gums, Refresher/Stinger bars, Love Hearts, Blackjacks & Fruit salads. I went with strange crisps like Banshee Bones, Meanies, Snax, etc. They went down well!

Actually, seeing as you did this before, do you mind letting me know how you fared with p&p? Did you go with An Post and was it expensive?

nirzenra wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Much appreciated!

So far, I've picked up this Macaroon bar set, Lemons iced carmels, some crunches ( saw somewhere that Americans go nuts for 'em) and a little bag of Cadburys Carmel Easter eggs.

Actually, seeing as you did this before, do you mind letting me know how you fared with p&p? Did you go with An Post and was it expensive?

I'd forgotten about Crunchies! Uhm , let me think, I forget the exact prices to be honest but it was dear :eek:.
    Both were standard An Post postage times, not express. This may be of use http://postage.anpost.ie/weight.asp?country=US-RUA

Advertisement