Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange upgrade

Options
  • 18-03-2015 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Beauparc exchange in Navan any info?
    I had an engineer out this week who said the equipment has been installed and ready to go just needs to be commissioned , yet on the roll out map we are not due any form of upgrade. Is it gonna happen ?

Vego

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Vego wrote: »
    Hi ,

Beauparc exchange in Navan any info?
    I had an engineer out this week who said the equipment has been installed and ready to go just needs to be commissioned , yet on the roll out map we are not due any form of upgrade. Is it gonna happen ?

Vego
    Hi Vego

There are no plans scheduled to suggest a date or timeframe for works to upgrade the Beauparc exchange I'm sorry to say. Having contacted our networks team I have been advised that it's unlikely to see notable improvements within 2015.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Really, as works have already been done ....oh well to the dongle for another year then

Really, as works have already been done ....oh well to the dongle for another year then
    I'm very sorry I can't offer you better news Vego - best thing to do is get back to me every couple of months and I'll double check this for you

AL

I'm very sorry I can't offer you better news Vego - best thing to do is get back to me every couple of months and I'll double check this for you

AL

Will do cheers man

AL

Will do cheers man
    No problem Vego

Chat again in the future so..

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Vego,finianr123
    for hayestown exchange (I think this is also called beauparc exchange). I have also been told exchange will be upgraded by eircom support after logging complaint via comreg (although, this sometimes depends on who responds to my calls).
    I get regular dropping/disconnecting of broadband signal (not just slow speeds). Hence, I get no continuous service. I have been told this is due to contention and overload in the exchange, and that the only fix is to upgrade the exchange (although, this may be incorrect). Others in the area must be experiencing the same effect. 
    Initial date for fix was given to be early  january, and that has slipped to early march (sometime around now). 
    This is the second date that's with comreg, and they are awaiting a response in the coming 2 weeks.

for instance, it took me 15 minutes to send a 3 line email (this week) trying to wait on a connection that would stay up long enough. (I suspect the school holidays may have increased the usage..).

Al it seems someone else was told something similar to what I was told .....I know you gave an answer but anyway of double checking it before I spend money on a dongle contract 

cheers 
    Vego 

well something has happened for the first time ever the weekend I have had good speeds and no dropouts

well something has happened for the first time ever the weekend I have had good speeds and no dropouts
    Great to hear this Vego

I can't see any recent works there though

Al

Advertisement