Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Current Account Option

Options
  • 18-03-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm sure it's been covered before but looking at the best option and lowest fees in my situation given the following. BOI is currently costing around €30 per quarter for me.
    • Would often buy items online in sterling
    • Visa Debit card
    • 3 - 4 standing orders per month
    • 4 or 5 ATM transactions per month
    • Would look to have an overdraft but very rarely go into it

Are Permanent TSB the cheapest option out there currently for day-to-day banking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Well AIB offer free banking if you've at least €2,500 in your current account at all times.

PTSB is the best option though as if you lodge €1,500 a month (including your wages) then they offer free banking.
    If you dont make that a month then simply take out your wages (say €1,000) and put it straight back in the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Well AIB offer free banking if you've at least €2,500 in your current account at all times.

PTSB is the best option though as if you lodge €1,500 a month (including your wages) then they offer free banking.
    If you dont make that a month then simply take out your wages (say €1,000) and put it straight back in the account.

Cheers for that. Switching to PTSB Sounds like a bit of a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

PTSB do take 0.46 as a charge for non euro transactions (ATM and debit card) so something to keep in mind if (as you say) you are doing alot.

That said, AIB charge you 30c (maybe more - i didn't check) for every transaction regardless.

Advertisement